PDA

View Full Version : what do you want to be when you grow up?

demonplight
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
I just want to know.
I am in college now, and I want to be a high school teacher. good hours, crappy pay, and time for a family, and summers off!
how about you?

Strawberries-N-Cream
05-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Antique Importer

demonplight
05-18-2005, 11:24 PM
I like antique brass, like all my candle stick holders things. I think they are in the background of my pic in the pic thread.

Strawberries-N-Cream
05-18-2005, 11:28 PM
i like Antiques and i also love to travel so that is a way were i can do the bothe things i love and get paid for it.:D

demonplight
05-18-2005, 11:36 PM
if that is your thing I would get into art.

-akichan-
05-18-2005, 11:39 PM
i'll be an artist, manga artist actually, ive been very interested since i was very little.

i do have a few choices tho...when i was thinking of the most risky one i was thinking of to be a pilot^^; HEY who said theres no female pilots =P lol. i just wanna fly to alot of places. Since my oldest cousin is female pilot captain, so im interested too.

Strawberries-N-Cream
05-18-2005, 11:41 PM
if that is your thing I would get into art.

i'm already into art;)

demonplight
05-18-2005, 11:48 PM
what kind?

Strawberries-N-Cream
05-18-2005, 11:55 PM
i like Asian art most of and alot of other random things, i don't really have a favorite kind of art that i like, yeah i'm confusing:rolleyes:

but yeah i like random things.

demonplight
05-18-2005, 11:59 PM
i'll be an artist, manga artist actually, ive been very interested since i was very little.

i do have a few choices tho...when i was thinking of the most risky one i was thinking of to be a pilot^^; HEY who said theres no female pilots =P lol. i just wanna fly to alot of places. Since my oldest cousin is female pilot captain, so im interested too. that sounds cool, I once wanted to fly a F-14 tomcat, but that was after I saw top gun, then I think I was a sub comander, that was after red october. lol

og_loc58
05-19-2005, 12:06 AM
i want to be a rapper and rap with G-UNIT

meatwod3
05-19-2005, 12:09 AM
i want to be a trucker i heard they get paid good my mom wants me to be a pilot it sounds cool and all but im kind of sceard of hights

demonplight
05-19-2005, 12:14 AM
your in the plain, just dont look out the window.

Crimson Soul
05-19-2005, 12:16 AM
i'll be an artist, manga artist actually, ive been very interested since i was very little.i would want to be a manga artist...but i'm not good enough at making story lines or drawing...let alone drawing original chartares

for now i want to be a graphic artist...or a game designer.....

Lola Granola
05-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Some sort of doctor. Nothing that deals too much with blood, though. Like a dermatologist or an optometrist. I wanted to work at a Children's Hospital but I don't think I'd handle it emotionally well.

☆l2emix☆
05-19-2005, 12:23 AM
For me i would want to be a Anime Artist therefore thats all i want to be in 2nd choice there may be some other thing but as for that its undecided

Cause Anime Artist is my Dream and no one is in my way ill plow you Down as if you were bowling pins no one ruins my dream or anyone elses i may sound straight forward but for your dreams you don't just stop in the middle you end it

the you'll get the prolly the ut most enjoyment

Fabala
05-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Frankly, I have no idea. I've been majoring in Biology for the last two years, but decided with the end of this semester that I shan't continue in it until I'm sure it's what I want to do. My dream is simple- work in a field I love, and therefore love my job. I'm inspired in part by my boyfriend, who was in a major he didn't care much for, but figured he "should" be doing. Now, in his new major, he couldn't be happier. That's part of what made me realize I wasn't sure I liked what I'm doing.

Things considered, both past and present: Biology, Zoology, Medical field (various), Forensics, Criminal Justice, FBI, Law, Writer, Artist, Naturalist, Anthropologist, Director, Astronomer, Virology, Screenplay Writer, Veterinarian, Pharmacist, and more I can't recall.

What I've been told I should be: Biologist, Doctor, Mathematician, Writer, Artist, Pharmacist, Lawyer, Zoologist and more...usually pertaining to whatever class I happen to be in, or job I'm doing. The lawyer one has been the only one said out of the blue. Strange, that.

Taikyo
05-19-2005, 01:57 AM
I wanna be an rpg game designer when i grow up. If that doesn't work, then i'll be a producer. ^^

Lola Granola
05-19-2005, 02:09 AM
What I've been told I should be: Biologist, Doctor, Mathematician, Writer, Artist, Pharmacist, Lawyer, and more...usually pertaining to whatever class I happen to be in, or job I'm doing. The lawyer one has been the only one said out of the blue. Strange, that. Doesn't pharmacy require less schooling than something specific like dermatology or optometry? I think I might become a pharmacist if I get too sick of college, because I heard it only takes 6 years of college for pharmacy as opposed to 8 + for a doctor. I'm starting college this upcoming fall, so for the first couple years I'm only going to take the core classes. I want to go to graduate school somewhere else - like John Hopkins or University of Washington's Medical Program.

Bean Bandit
05-19-2005, 02:16 AM
@Rei. Be a zooloogist.

Fabala
05-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Pfft. Bean. Making me edit my list...

Doesn't pharmacy require less schooling than something specific like dermatology or optometry? I think I might become a pharmacist if I get too sick of college, because I heard it only takes 6 years of college for pharmacy as opposed to 8 + for a doctor. I'm starting college this upcoming fall, so for the first couple years I'm only going to take the core classes. I want to go to graduate school somewhere else - like John Hopkins or University of Washington's Medical Program.

Five years is what I'm told. That's for the pharmacists I've worked with, who largely went to school in NY and NJ. Then there's the guy from England, but he's rather an oddity... And there's intern work beyond those 5 years, of course.

Mm. John Hopkins has a pull on me as well ^^;; You're always hearing of brilliant minds coming from there.

Bean Bandit
05-19-2005, 02:30 AM
Pfft. Bean. Making me edit my list...
Karel is not online to keep you on your toes, so someone has to do it.

I always thought of you as doing something with animals.

Fabala
05-19-2005, 02:38 AM
I have for a long time as well... i have an almost uncanny relationship with numbers of animal species. Virtually any sort of mammal I've spent time with becomes my best friend ^^;;; So many times people have stared in shock, saying something along the lines of, "That's weird. He/She NEVER takes to strangers." The cats follow me in a parade line through the house, the dog we used to have thought I was a fellow dog playmate.

Even so, it's hard to think up a career befitting of that. I'd almost like to be one of those field observers, living out with the animals, but what do you even CALL that? Let alone getting into it.

Bean Bandit
05-19-2005, 02:46 AM
Not sure what they call that field. But I think you would possibly like it.

I am looking forward in a few weeks to be at that Wolf park in Indiana. I am sure I will be enjoying that alot.

Genghis Beatrix
05-19-2005, 09:38 AM
I either wanna be a manga artist, a children's books illustrator, an art teacher, or a nurse at a children's hospital. I love children and art. Maybe I could do two things.

Karel
05-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Me I rather just be an acrobat or a stuntman

Fabala
05-19-2005, 10:06 AM
I am looking forward in a few weeks to be at that Wolf park in Indiana. I am sure I will be enjoying that alot.

Oh wow. My sister would be green with envy if she heard that ^_~

So why are you going? Vacation/interest or work-related?

Sangie
05-19-2005, 10:14 AM
i want to be an anime artist or bio chemist or quantum mechanist @@ i cant pick between them just yet but i already have drawn sevral comics so i want to keep doing that even if it is just for fun

Mousie
05-19-2005, 10:42 AM
i want to be a animator

The Rebel
05-19-2005, 12:54 PM
I want to be young again. I hate being an adult.

darkfire
05-19-2005, 12:56 PM
i cant decide to be a cop or an anime artist:rolleyes:

Deshwitat
05-19-2005, 12:57 PM
when I grow up I wanna do something in music like get a record deal for my band and such gonna be hard but I think i can do it

demonplight
05-19-2005, 11:48 PM
I want to be young again. I hate being an adult. so do I!!!

art_silverchain
05-20-2005, 12:50 AM
err, what will i be?
well, i want to be a veterinarian
and the i want to study the animal population
tehn i want to study art
i like anime, manga and cartoon.
well, thats all

Crimson alchemist
05-20-2005, 01:46 AM
pro skateboarder

Amix
08-07-2005, 02:23 PM
I want to make video games, more specific, RPG games..Cause they kick arse!!!

pyrothunder336
08-07-2005, 03:24 PM
i want to be an architect

I_Love_Miroku
08-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I would like to be an astronomer...but i don't think i can do all that school x.X

Mira Kaiba
08-07-2005, 04:06 PM
I want to be a screenwriter, and I have for 8 years, even though I have been told countless times that I am gonna be poorer than poor... I really don't care, I don't really want a family anyway, so I can afford to be poor, I guess...

white_lotus27
08-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Being a doctor like regular, what I'm trying to work on. But I probably would be an artist in drawing art.
I love art.:D

death
08-07-2005, 04:16 PM
:laugh: What i wanna be when i grow up is an assaisaon because i wanna kill the following girls:

Sango and kirara

Red X

Princess_serenity

PigFarts
08-07-2005, 04:22 PM
oh boy...what a question. i'm so confused in this department cuz i wanna do a LOT of things.

-psychiatrist (i can't spell!)
-translator or a linguistic (is that it?) like j.r.r. tolkein
-astronomer
-writer
-something in animation
-ACTRESS! (i know...what a common, boring goal...but 12 years of acting in community theatre have done lots to my brain!)

Marie2007
08-07-2005, 04:32 PM
i want to be a vet tech or have a job in the military

Darrmyth
08-07-2005, 06:39 PM
An Battle Wizard

Reiko Tusami
08-07-2005, 06:59 PM
OOOHHHH!!!!!I wanna be a mechanic or a manga writer or something to do with helping sick children(not like a doctor)

Wandering Samurai
08-07-2005, 07:03 PM
A geo scientist, mechanical engineer, or a musician.

Tsuna Kadiri
08-07-2005, 07:12 PM
I'd like to do something in the Sports Medicine field. Whether it be a Sports Medicine doctor, or a physical therapist, or maybe even a chiropractor. After having to see so many doctors and go so many places due to my injuries, I've gotten to see what sort of work they do, and how much it really helps. I'm leaning more towards a Sports Medicine doctor right now, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to go through all of that school.. X__x

Saiyanbabe1818
08-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I want to be an Archeologist

FierceFeli.
08-08-2005, 03:48 AM
Id like to be a famous designer of videogames, toys ^^, clothes and accesories. But It would be great too to be a vet. But if i would see an injured cat or puppy I would befinetly start crying T_T. And one time I wanted to be a doctor, but then I realized that I would see blood, and Im really scared for blood.

Megumi Oaks
08-08-2005, 04:10 AM
I want to be a model. o.O But, that's never gonna happen. as the old saying goes.. Put what you want in one hand, and what you get in the other, and see which one fills up fastest.

Kit Katy
08-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Kit:I want to be A Famis Singer Some day!
I just need work on stage fright.
Tara:Let's see I'd say a GYM couch.

Uchiha Ulquiorra
08-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I would want to be a Machanic or something

gerardlover24
08-08-2005, 11:25 AM
i want to be a novelist or a voice over for an anime or an actress. b/c i think im good enough to be waht i want to be. and that's all that matters to me.

gerardlover24
08-08-2005, 11:29 AM
An Battle Wizard

i love you pic of A.F.I.^^:) :awe: :D

harakiri
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
i don't realy know,but i kinda want to be a criminologist.if not,a manga artist i guess.i'm still not sure.

Fabala
08-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Yay for updates ^^;

I now seem intent on being in the Forensic Biology field.

.Lovebeat
08-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Something that will make me rich, just kidding, lol. I dunno, But someday I wanna draw my manga book, that will be released in Japan!! ^^ Yeah, a carrier as a manga/anime artist! ^^
Or as I said...something with money! $_$ !! lol :p

Shinbo
08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Something that will make me rich, just kidding, lol. I dunno, But someday I wanna draw my manga book, that will be released in Japan!! ^^ Yeah, a carrier as a manga/anime artist! ^^
Or as I said...something with money! $_$ !! lol :p
Geez, you must really like the money. I only like to draw and would want to be a animation artist.

Silver_Star_of_Darkness
08-29-2005, 08:43 PM
I want to be a Veterinary Technician. It's like a assitant vet.

Black Ninjagirl
08-29-2005, 08:48 PM
I want to be a pediatristian.
Or better yet, a ninja! :laugh:

picano
08-29-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm not entirely sure...

I do want a job that can includes my love for 3D CG.

Ever since I was young I wanted in on the gaming biz somehow... and as a model designer, I could.

But... I kinda fear the gaming market as it is now, so many trying to strive for realism in real time... less and less trying to be imaginative...

I've been told by some I should try for the movie biz (same work, just different application).

3D is the only life for me. ^_^ (Tho... if I can fit a catgirl drawing in for some random proffit here and there... I won't complain!)

AnimeLegend!713
08-29-2005, 09:11 PM
A writer or an artist.If that fails me,video game graphic designer.

Gizoku
08-29-2005, 09:13 PM
i dont know yet. i guess ill just wait and see where life takes me.

ranma_my_luv
08-29-2005, 09:42 PM
don't laugh at me cause i dream big. All i know is i want to make money and be happy doing it. Don't we all? But what i love makes money if you do it well. ok *takes deep breath* i want to be a fashion desigener. actually i love to sing also so that would be amazing if i actually was able to do that. But my safe plan is...well i haven't figures it out yet, but hey, i'm not even in high school yet, i goota a little time......

paranoid android
08-29-2005, 09:49 PM
I've always wanted to be a director, but I just don't think I could take on that responsibility. I would like to be a writer(poetry, short stories, maybe a novel), and an artist, and my dream would be to write and illustrate manga or graphic novels. Maybe a film editor. And I was in a band, but, when does something like that last? As you can probably see, I really don't know.

____
08-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Hay Bean, I've been to this Wolf Park in Indiana. Some advice....Never ever go there in winter!!!!!! >.<

I don't really know what I want to be.....but hey, I've got time.
At first I thought I wanted to be a vet. Then I got bored of that, and I thought of screwing up. Then I wanted to be a doctor....but then I thought about making a wrong cut here or there. O_o;;
Now, I really don't know. Here is my list:

-Artist
-Game Designer
-Writer (Poetery, shot stories, or novels. *shrugs*)
-To be in a band.

A couple of my friends (who will not be named) gave these suggestions:
-A model (-__-; Crap, it must be that mysteriousness thing I have..... ~_~)
- An actor/actress (Musn't give anything away..... >.<)

One thing I do know is that I want to be a part time Ghost Hunter. I'm interested in the paranormal field since there is so little known about it.

Đita
08-29-2005, 10:45 PM
____ Your list is similar to mines O.O.

Amd im also not sure what i want to be..~.~

Hmm heres my list.

Artist

In a band/Guitarist

I was thinking about being a doctor but meh to many years of school..and i don't like school. ^.^''

Actress

Hmm i forgot what they call scientists who study plants..^.^'' but yeah that...or anything related to science.

And last a video jockey =^.^=

.Lovebeat
08-30-2005, 11:02 AM
I know!! Exchange student for some years!! :D I'll live in Japan!! ^____^

Vampire D
08-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Mine is somewhat of a difficult field to enter but I have a good shot at it. I am trying to become a 3-D Graphic Design artist, then eventually get into Game Graphics, If not I am completly happy with my Job as a Civil Drafter, and I will just move that up to an Engineer.

^_^

I am already set for life.

mokulen22
08-30-2005, 11:22 AM
WAHH!! I'm already grown up!! *baby voice* but I don't wanna grown up! I'm a Toy'R'Us kid! lalala, okies I"m done with the stupidity...I work at samsung and I hate it...boo...they sell nice stuff but it's SOOO boring to work here...boo.

Priest The Holy
08-30-2005, 11:28 AM
i wanta be a famous singer/poet/cook

Naruto711
08-30-2005, 11:32 AM
a Drug dealer.jk. im not real sure.

mokulen22
08-30-2005, 11:37 AM
a Drug dealer.jk. im not real sure.
A drug dealer! *dies laughing* now why didn't I think of that...*under breath* stupid Samsung! :awe:

SilverOcean
08-30-2005, 12:30 PM
I want to be a graphic designer in the gaming industry but I'm not sure if I want to do programming or something like background. I also want to write and have a book published. If not a graphic designer I sort of - sort not - want to be a diplomat.

Arise
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
I'd like to go to a two year college, and then if I'm not able to sing, I would have atleast a backup plan.

I'm Ol' Gregg
08-30-2005, 12:52 PM
I think I'd like to be an Infant School teacher as I did Work Experience in an Infant School and felt that its really enjoyable..

If not that I'd like to be a graphic designer.. I've also been recommended that in loads of random jobs test and such..

If not I'd think I'd like to be a Director.. it just seems really fun and I like to think I'm quite imaginative so I think I'd enjoy it! Me and my friends make short films/movies already but they're normally funny and a tad queer.. but who knows.. I'll prolly end up doing a really boring desk job, but ah well.. ^__^!!

sissie
08-30-2005, 07:52 PM
I have a list of things I would like to be-

-fashon designer
-artist
-art teacher
-chef

-Shizu-
08-30-2005, 07:57 PM
An artist :)

sissie
08-30-2005, 08:25 PM
I love art. I was thinking about going to a school that only teaches in art. Then when I really thought an hur on the bus isn't worth it.

blondy
08-30-2005, 08:27 PM
a super hero da di di da da da da.
lol

kksdueler
09-05-2005, 02:09 AM
i want to go into the field of biotech

DragonNight
09-05-2005, 02:56 AM
I was thinking an artist or a teacher....
not that i have a choice, since i have to be a lawyer

kksdueler
09-05-2005, 02:59 AM
I was thinking an artist or a teacher....
not that i have a choice, since i have to be a lawyerwhy do u have to be a lawyer? dont you have a choose about what you do in the future

teed
09-05-2005, 06:10 AM
i wanna b an animator! ^_^
or make mangas!!