PDA

View Full Version : [TV series] Shingetsutan Tsukihime

MuZ0NaZ
05-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Also known as: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Moon Princess
TV, 12 episodes
By Geneon/J.C.STAFF, 2003

Genre: vampires, fantasy, mystery, action, drama.

Plot synopsis
Tohno Sihiki was your normal kid, until he got into an accident where he almost died. Since then, he could see lines on all things, but no one believed him.
8 years have passed. He has been living in Arima residence after moving out of his family’s house. However, his father died and Shiki had to move back to Tohno residence. Weird things started to happen…

Story: 9/10
Shingetsutan Tsukihime is not your usual vampire anime. Despite being based on a very popular hgame in Japan, it manages not to be crappy like some game->anime conversions. It has action, violence, romance bits, but action and violence do not play the key part here. The mystery drew me in right from the start, and despite the story being slow at times, I was glued to the screen for 6 hours. The ending was sensible, just the series are FAR too short, you can’t understand the entire Tsukihime world created by Type-Moon in just 12 episodes. You need to play/search for info about the game to fully understand it, but even without doing so, its great.

Characters: 7/10
That’s where the anime lacks (a bit). While Shiki and Arcueid are characterized well, the other characters are could use some more time on screen. They seem to be very interesting yet you don’t have a chance to know them better.

Art and animation: 9/10
The backgrounds and characters are drawn well, both dark and mysterious and bright and cheerful ones. I am no expert on animation but it seems fluid, just once, when Akiha is playing the violin the music is totally out of synch.

Voice acting, music: 10/10
I can only say I can’t imagine different voice actors for the anime. They suite the characters perfectly! And the music… Mostly dark, gothic, but I have no words to describe how fitting and awesome it is… I just hate the fact that the OST’s do not contain a few of the tracks that were in the anime.

Overall: 9/10
While this anime is may not be for everyone, but anyone who loves mystery, vampires and making your brain cells work :) should definately watch this.
Sadly, there won't be a second season :(
The path of game that the anime followed made it uncontinueable and for now there is no hope even for a Melty Blood, Tsukihime fighting game, anime version. I still hope for that, though :(

Alexsis23
01-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I just finishes watching this today :P.. just coincedentally bumped into this thread but ohh well... might as well write something to give of my opinion of this anime :)

Story - My Rating 7.5/10: Well the story was kinda confusing at start, because on how they do the chronology of the story, however it is still easy to follow through. However, the story was satisfying :) And the mystery of the story was also the reason why i got interested in the anime.

Characters - My Rating 5/10: This anime series was too short and it lacked alot of explaining and deep talk to talk to get to know each character some more :P however.. it was satisfying enough.

Art & Animation - My Rating 10/10: The graphics was good :P all i gotta say the gorry parts was really detailed.

Voice Acting/Music - My Rating 7.5/10: Music was good :) and the vocal expression was quite impressive :)

Overall - My Rating 7/10: This anime is something to pass time through and enjoy a mysterious anime :)