PDA

View Full Version : Driver's License

shi_amai
05-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi. I'm getting my driver's license next month, which as you can tell is really close. I wanted to ask you guys who have driver's licenses, how hard or easy the test was? Tell me about it. Preferably people who live in Florida because then my test will likely be similar.

Zedekiah
05-18-2005, 07:53 AM
You'll fail.

Trust me.

It's the single most difficult test in the ENTIRE world.

And seeing as there are so many idiots on the road at such a young age, I'm sure they just had a lucky streak during their tests.

Naokomi ShYana
05-18-2005, 08:15 AM
Hahaha. I get my license next month as well, I heard the test was only like 5 minutes and really easy. Guess it matters where you go! ;D But good luck when you take the test!

-akichan-
05-18-2005, 08:19 AM
omg driver license, my mom wont let me get it cos im only 16 but at least i can get my permit >< i wanna drive so badly cos i drove before.

solid8baller
05-18-2005, 08:24 AM
the written test is alot easier than the computer test

Lon
05-18-2005, 09:12 AM
*sighs* Don't listen to these morons. The test in itself is easy. Providing you've passed the written and you need to just do the road test part.

The biggest thing I can tell you to do is relax. The instructor will ding you on EVERY little thing you do. So as long as you do the following, you should pass.
1) relax. Very important.
2) keep both hands on the wheel at all times while the car is in gear. A 10 and 2 position is prefered. If you don't know what I mean by a 10 and 2 position ask your folks. Its important that you know.
3) MAKE SURE you fasten your seat belt before you put the keys anywhere close to the ignition. Make sure he/she instructor does the same. It is an auto fail if you start the car and your not buckled.
4) know where your emergancy lights and defoggers are.
5) while driving... RELAX. test is usually just a few minutes. normally a drive around the block which you've done countless of times by now. Don't second guess yourself. Just do it.
6) If you are taking the test in an manuel... don't kill the engine, it's an auto fail.
7) If you manage to kill the engine in an automatic... then you probably don't need to be driving in the first place.
8) make sure you do NOT violate any street laws. Come to complete stops at ALL stop signs and lights, do NOT cross the double yellow lines, watch your speed, etc, etc. Any traffic infractions that are illegal will result in an auto fail.
9) Check your mirrors frequently, and make sure you do so in such a way that the instructor can SEE that your checking your mirrors. -> Big bonus points in this.
10) Finnaly... relax.

/Aifa|
05-18-2005, 09:18 AM
11) Close the door properly. Dont open the door to close it properly while driving! That will piss em off!
12) Dont look by moving your eyes, move your head, let them know you are looking.
13) People make mistakes. If you make one, move on. Dont dwell. Thats what the tester told me, and in that session i finally passed it.
14) Oh, and make sure the handbrake is ALL THE WAY down!

...i would say some more but im soooo over that test right now! I passed it after failing 4 times! Now i need to do the computer test and i will have my license, hmmm ill say in bout 1 week or maybe 2.

sparkiest fox
05-18-2005, 11:59 AM
The written and the driven test are both easy. I have had my licence since 1979

Mutsumi Anami
05-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Sorry can't help,because I'm from Spain...even though they told me that it is easier to get the driver's license in the USA than where I live
So good luck!!

Isamu Hajime
05-18-2005, 03:24 PM
i passed my permit and my driving test the first time and i live in sacramento,ca.....one of the rumored places that's pretty hard to pass but it seemed pretty simple since i memorized most of the ca drivers handbook......and just in case you wanted to get your motorcycle license....that's pretty simple too.......just make sure you apply for your permit first then go to the highway patrol sponsored class and they'll give you a certificate you can take to the DMV and you'll automatically recieve your license

Renaki
05-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Awww i get my permit over the summer. Kind of...i take the tests (how do you say that..like...test.its? cause thats how i say it..sorry -.-) i hope it nots hard...i already know imma be nervous. Sitting in the car for 5 hours...man. i might fall asleep but yeah. I heard it wasnt hard. It was just really boring.

☆l2emix☆
05-18-2005, 05:58 PM
im in the same sitution im getting it next month it doesn't seem hard

Bean Bandit
05-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi. I'm getting my driver's license next month, which as you can tell is really close. I wanted to ask you guys who have driver's licenses, how hard or easy the test was? Tell me about it. Preferably people who live in Florida because then my test will likely be similar. What state do you live in? Every state is different.

P.S. Thanks for the warning so we know to stay off the roads. ;) j/k

demonplight
05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
its verry easy, got mine while speeding. and have been in two accidents since then, like in one year! cars both totold.

Ami~chan
05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, good luck in your driving test. I get mine in about three monthes;I haven't got my permit yet though so...

But just relax. Make sure the instructor knows that you know what your doing. Check mirrors, buckle up, and just relax. Luck!

Nineteenth
05-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Annoying as hell. I've had my "Privilage" granted to me for a while now, but I have no car to drive since I've been rather lacking in the funds department.

Anyway, like Lon said. Relax.
I took my road test at least twice. The first time, I had a little panic episode which reflected to the first time I ever did get behind the wheel 4 years ago. Kids in New York are painfully stupid, if you see a two ton steel death machine rolling down the street towards you at 10 miles per hour, the least you could do is move.

Oh yeah, don't loose your temper!

Deshwitat
05-20-2005, 02:41 PM
my bro took the test and he passed it his first time and said it was relly easy

pickdaddy
05-20-2005, 02:48 PM
i got my drivers license 2 years ago and the test was as easy as pie just study the book and you will be ok

Lord Garma Zabi
05-21-2005, 10:38 PM
I got my license almost two years ago. I barely passed the Parellel parking part of it though. The guy had to get out and check to make sure I did it correctly. After that the rest was cake walk. Don't fret, just stay calm and hope you get someone nice.

Elfy
05-22-2005, 02:06 AM
apparently here almost everyone fails the first time.

Izumi Orimoto
05-22-2005, 02:08 AM
Well hmm rembering from my cuz and mom it was hard and you need to read the book and practice a lot before hand!

Princess Mononoke
05-22-2005, 02:13 AM
You'll be fine.. if they let 80 year old ladies who are 4'1" and blind in 1 eye.. im sure you'll do fine.

pumpkin__smasher
05-25-2005, 12:23 AM
OMG 16 but cant get mine till july!!!

Karel
05-25-2005, 12:32 AM
You'll fail.. everyone does their first time around.. admirably but then that second time things get easier.. just practice more on your dad's car. Those stupid drive test people are tricky they'll lower your score for not looking at the mirrors properly

anyways my license expired last year, so pretty Much I've been driving for a very long time, oh yeah I got a new one afterwards.

Blood Angel
05-25-2005, 12:34 AM
in one more year i take the test im gonna fail i just know it and its not gonna be a pleasany one >.<

Amix
08-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Lol this is funny because I'm 15 and I don't even got my permit yet..xD I'm such a loser..!

Marie2007
08-17-2005, 08:31 PM
i do it is easy if u studied and hard if u didnt

Krsnik
08-17-2005, 11:20 PM
It's been four years since my driver's license test. If you look at all the idiots on the road, just don't screw up too bad, and you'll pass.

Don't believe the idiot on the road comment? - Look in dallas (Texas), and anywhere in california. They're crazy drivers there.

Aadi
08-18-2005, 12:01 AM
:p I already have my lisence! I've had it for nearly two years now! Facts you need to face up to: You ARE going to get a ticket.. It's bound to happen. You WILL come close to if not cause/be in a wreck. Just pray and be a safe driver! All these things happen within the first two years usually. I have known NO exceptions. I, myself, am not even an example! :D Good luck !!!! :awe:

Aadi Baby!