PDA

View Full Version : PSP vs DS

enigma unit 01
05-11-2005, 11:11 AM
What do you think will be better, the PSP-better graphics and games, or the DS-innovitive?

Kiba'
05-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Personally i think they both blow the big one. They say psp an mp3 yet u have to buy 100$ upgrade chips to add on to ur space of only 6 songs and the games suck. DS i just dont like it. Specially the metrod games.

sephiroth33
05-11-2005, 01:01 PM
i love the psp but the games on ds are fun

Dark-Sasuke
05-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Psp, i got a ds and they suck (until metroid come out) psp can play movies, mp3s and its bound to have a final fantasy game on it, psp rules!

sparkiest fox
05-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Psp has better graphics

enigma unit 01
05-12-2005, 11:01 AM
looks like the PSP is more popular

red storm
05-12-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm going for the PSP purely because of the RPG's.

On the other hand, it's also one of the reasons I hate the PSP, since it's stealing my precious RPG's away from the PS2.

Attrilius
05-12-2005, 11:31 AM
The psp looks much cooler plus the DS control system sucks

Prince Sapphire
05-12-2005, 11:35 AM
I wish people could forget about graphics for just one moment and look at games themselves. Not that I'm against graphics, but graphics alone shouldn't be the only deciding factor.
Therefore, I'm not going to diss the DS just because it has inferior graphics to the PSP. But anyways...

I've only had the chance to play the PSP for no more than half an hour so I can't really comment on how good it is.
As far as game selection goes, the PSP isn't entirely flushed with sports games. Wipeout Pure, Ridge Racer, Mercury, Luminis and Metal Gear Acid are some pretty good games, both in terms of fun and graphics. (for those who care)
And I don't doubt it will get plenty of very nice games in the future, such as:

Tales of Eternia (absolutely beautiful..)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/920817_20040925_screen001.jpg

And maybe a Final Fantasy game or two in the future.

As for the DS...for those who remember my thread a week or so back, I own one and aside from Mario DS, I think it really sucks so far.
To be fair though, it's still not even a year old so who knows, it might just redeem itself with some amazing must-have titles in the future.

red storm
05-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Tales of Eternia (absolutely beautiful..)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/920817_20040925_screen001.jpg

This is excactly what I'm talking about, such a beautifull game will forever be out of my reach because it's a PSP release only ;_;

Prince Sapphire
05-12-2005, 01:01 PM
^ Well, you could just buy the PSP...yeah. Okay, I know that's easier said then done for some people.
As for me, I could buy one right now, however, I'm extremely spoiled and want a few more good games out and the price to go down a bit before I do that. $250 seems a tad too high just to play only a few games that interest me. And I don't care for it's ability to play movies and mp3's, I can already do that.

By the way, after thinking about the DS, I decided to check out the upcoming games on Gamespot. Some junk here and there, but there are actually a few games that look very interesting, so the DS may redeem itself indeed. We'll see.

For those wondering, I'm talking about Castlevania DS (working title), Nanostray, Meteos and Lost In Blue. All of those are looking very good and I think I'm actually going to buy them when they're out!