PDA

View Full Version : RPG or Adventure ???? which do you prefer

chamie23
05-09-2005, 07:36 AM
RPG or Adventure ?????? they are almost the same but i think there's something better about one of them can you help me plsss... I'm thinking of which game to buy a RPG game or an Adventure game :D tnx

yellowcard14
05-09-2005, 07:47 AM
I think adventure because rpg takes ages because if you dont play ff10 onwards you have to read all of what they say it is well anoying i stoped playin ff9 bowt 3rd disc in because of it

Tyr
05-09-2005, 07:55 AM
I think adventure because rpg takes ages because if you dont play ff10 onwards you have to read all of what they say it is well anoying i stoped playin ff9 bowt 3rd disc in because of itThe whole point of RPG's is to let the player play out a story, so of course they're going to have lots of text. If you don't like to read, then RPG's really aren't for you.

If you ask me, though, the more text the better. Yeah, I'm the guy who walks around every town talking to every single possible person about 3 times until they stop telling you new things. It just adds to the story.

And by adventure games, can you give an example? I'm not too great with genres.

red storm
05-09-2005, 08:27 AM
RPG's for me, especialy because they take ages to finish, I hate games which I can finish in a few days of hard playing.

1withanime
05-09-2005, 10:39 AM
RPG's are not for people who dont like reading to some degree, but adventure games sometimes will require you to do a lot of reading.......adventure games require you to go from one side of the map to the other to get an item that will help you get into a new area that was at the place you were before

Dark-Sasuke
05-09-2005, 01:20 PM
RPGs for me they seem to have better stories all the time, but adventures get more involved in the fun, i prefer rpg though

PJ Stones
05-09-2005, 01:23 PM
RPG good coz it a story if u r gona play on it lots they can be gd as the player plays the story like u supose to n dey last longer, yet adventure games preety gd n all. bt i fink RPG better

Mariya Shidō
05-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Just get Knights of the Old Republic 2 . Or Vampire:Bloodlines . They combine what is the best amone these 2 genres at the moment .

Khanxay
05-09-2005, 06:14 PM
rpgs and adventure games are not the same at all....rpgs...take final fantasy...and compare it to an adventure game like jax and daxter....see the difference?
if you want fun get adventure....if you want worth..get a rpg

Tyr
05-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Oh, so Adventure is the new name for Platformer games? Ugh, confusing.

Fine, whatever. RPG's get my vote for being longer lasting and, in some cases, very deep and vivid.

Khanxay
05-09-2005, 06:28 PM
its not really platformer...more of seek treasure or something along that line

naiume
05-09-2005, 06:33 PM
rpgs can be slow get boring/repetitve and make you sick that can sum it up although they can be very fun and addicting at times it really matters what game your playin.

Lord Garma Zabi
05-10-2005, 12:18 AM
I would prefer an rpg over an adventure game. I like to level up and talk with everyone in the area. Be my own person, pick my own name and crap. And congrats to me for my 400th post, WOO HOO! Consider this thread sacred.