PDA

View Full Version : how to you rate half life1/2

nyar majinn
04-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Half life is best game ever apart from star wars kotor

/Aifa|
04-28-2005, 07:23 AM
HL1: I played the first one and the overall atmostphere and experience was kinda dull, in spite of all its achievements back in the day of providing a good engine modified from Id's Q2 engine, advanced AI, and great gameplay, i still prefer other titles over this one such as Quake2. Its still one of PC gaming's landmarks.

My rating:
9/10 <--- Back in the day.
7/10 <--- Today, seeing that its impossible to get the game on its own without being bombarded by a ridiculous price for a game that was released back in 1997/98.

-------------
HL2: I dunno too much about it. But this latest installment is more appealing to me. Valve has done everything to ensure a fantastic cinematic experience for the player. Unfortunately, Steam is very hard to crack, hence i will need to get the game through retail by paying the full $89.99 rrp. Ill just wait until the price drops, im in no rush. Oh, and Steam is also very INVASIVE!!! While youre in the middle of your game it will stop it, minimize your screen, change to the desktop, and then start "UPDATING"!!!! wtf?!?! It also takes HOURS to fully get the game running after purchase since you need to download some game components from Steam, as they arent included in the box!!! Users with 56k or less are hence being discriminated against!!! Bloody Steam. I hate it. Steam is like a banana peel wrapping around the banana that you want to eat, which is HL2.

My rating:
9.5/10 <--- Derived from word of mouth and PC magazines.

UltimaChaos
04-28-2005, 08:01 AM
i've played half life 1 on the pc and ps1 and it was the best FPS of it's time with superior graphics and gameplay...but it got dated with the passing years, it became stale..but half life 2..OMG its perfect

Vash_2007
04-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Half Life 2 is a very good game along with CS Source.