PDA

View Full Version : pplz are dating online?

-akichan-
04-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Well i dunno hows dating online, i never date a guy online before.

And wut do you guys think about dating online? have you ever date online before??

...is not like i'd date a guy online lol, i already have someone in real life.

and pls rate the thread, if you wanna ^^;

Fabala
04-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm doing exactly that.

Online dating has a VERY poor and often undeserved reputation. Frankly, before I started, I never thought I would do so. I didn't have an opinion one way or the other about it, but I never saw myself there. Only, what you must remember is that the words you see on the screen are coming from REAL people. Sure there are scammers, and liars...but they exist outside the net as well.

I met someone who completely captured my heart and, unfortunately, he lived too far away to just hope over and visit. I certainly didn't go looking for years' worth of separation heartache...nor could I allow the pain to overcome my feelings for him. It was an online relationship in that we met that way, and often stayed in touch that way...but it moved to mail and phonecalls as well.

Since then I HAVE met him, and it went beautifully well. In fact, I'll be off to see him again in less than 2 months. I consider it a long-distance relationship now, but the fact is that is DID begin online, and there's no shame in that.

Zeke_Asakura
04-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah,I'm dating online...

Daenerys
04-11-2005, 11:29 PM
I met and married and devorced all 19 of my husbands online.

Kyo Kusanagi
04-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Its generally not a good idea.

Queen-of-Mars
04-12-2005, 12:59 AM
It really depends who you choose for this online dating thing. I've tried it several times, and as it turns out, now i'm ACTUALLY dating one of them in life. O.o I don't mean we decided "Oh, let's make this "real"." no no no We got in touch again, turned out he was in my city, I asked him out for coffee just to talk, and now we're dating.

souless cowboy
04-12-2005, 07:50 AM
I used to date online, i have nothing against it but in my opinion its much more in real life. Their is a large difference in logging on to see them to be there and actually being there to hold and care for them. But if you are comfortable with your relationship the way it is online, then i say more power to you.

-akichan-
04-12-2005, 06:23 PM
So most of you think dating online isnt a big issue, right? but if you realli love this person online, it would be annoying tho, thats wut i think.

Gjallarhorn
04-12-2005, 06:52 PM
i kind of have been....a girl i met online a couple years ago(we we're friends for about a year) asked me to go out with her, but after talking it over, we decided not to becuase it would be fairly childish. so, we plan on meeting each other when we are in college, and we will see then...

there is nothing wrong with online dating, but it can be awkward, and sometimes, you can end up with the psycho-stalker people who get to know you and then.....:ninja:

Bubblegum Pop
04-12-2005, 07:06 PM
I had on online bf (gohan416) and now i have a new one, he's on aim ^^ and his name is Kyle!!

Tsuna Kadiri
04-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Eh, I've never dated someone online before, only in real life. But I don't really see anything wrong with online dating. If you find someone who you get along with really well, and you both like each other, why not take a crack at it. But I would imagine that you both would meet sometime in the future...

On the other hand, some people on the site that create threads such as "Oh, I'm looking for a BF, so PM me if you want to be one!".... not very genuine, eh?

Negi
04-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I dont think im dating...Am i?

-akichan-
04-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Eh, I've never dated someone online before, only in real life. But I don't really see anything wrong with online dating. If you find someone who you get along with really well, and you both like each other, why not take a crack at it. But I would imagine that you both would meet sometime in the future...

On the other hand, some people on the site that create threads such as "Oh, I'm looking for a BF, so PM me if you want to be one!".... not very genuine, eh?
well, its different from plz' opinions, i would think dating online is fine but also a problem, but if you say that pplz come out with thread of a bf crazy, thats kinda odd....natural should be the main reason the opposite sex come after you. And thats wut i think.

Just like me, dating with BD, you know him, pplz would think we are dating online, but who knows, right? lol. (actually we're dating irl)

Tsuna Kadiri
04-12-2005, 07:51 PM
well, its different from plz' opinions, i would think dating online is fine but also a problem, but if you say that pplz come out with thread of a bf crazy, thats kinda odd....natural should be the main reason the opposite sex come after you. And thats wut i think.

Just like me, dating with BD, you know him, pplz would think we are dating online, but who knows, right? lol. (actually we're dating irl)
Yep, I agree with you on that one. Asking for a Bf by making a thread isn't exactly going to land you your dream guy.. lol.. :P

Are you really?.. Wow, I didn't know! That was the last thing I was expecting to hear today. ^______^

-akichan-
04-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Yep, I agree with you on that one. Asking for a Bf by making a thread isn't exactly going to land you your dream guy.. lol.. :P

Are you really?.. Wow, I didn't know! That was the last thing I was expecting to hear today. ^______^
Yes!! dating online is fine but it depends, one thing important about dating online in my side of view, that guys online could be random, especially making a thread, random guys could come to you and give you all the fake lollypop*swtness*

yeah, you know he has a girlfrd but didnt know who lol. the AF is kinda small i suppose haha.
What a coincidence.

Tsuna Kadiri
04-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Yes!! dating online is fine but it depends, one thing important about dating online in my side of view, that guys online could be random, especially making a thread, random guys could come to you and give you all the fake lollypop*swtness*

yeah, you know he has a girlfrd but didnt know who lol. the AF is kinda small i suppose haha.What a coincidence.
Yep, I would imagine you would only date someone online if you had known them for a while, and actually maybe know a little bit about them. Heh, there are some crazy guys out there.. :P

It is now! Well, welcome.. even if that is a little late of one.. ^___^ It's a nice coincidence too.

Tiggit
04-12-2005, 08:19 PM
id rather date in real life

Sexy Angel
04-13-2005, 02:08 AM
i met my boyfrend in real life online..b4,we used to date online but now,it's for real~

banzii
04-13-2005, 08:03 AM
if thats what u need, i guess

Fabala
04-13-2005, 08:04 AM
The thing about online dating is...eventually, if you want to move things forward, you'll have to meet up. Honestly, I've known some people who don't -want- to meet with the people they're dating online. Strange, but...they want to keep it there, online.

Andrew
04-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Well my outview on this is, that.. I don't care for online dating, I personally will never do that again. I have in the past, and found out that's just not my cup of tea. Now everyone else.. If it works for them, great. But I prefer meeting someone in person, and talking with that person (face to face), and having physical comfort.

DarkPrinceBman
04-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Well its a dangerous affair. People may not always be who they say they are. Plus the lack of physical closeness leads most to fail.

Amazon_Goddess
04-13-2005, 10:38 AM
It's fun to flirt online, but I don't think that I would go as far as dating, cuz ya never know just who it is your dating, an old man, a psycho pervert, or even a women, you just never know....

kagomerules
04-16-2005, 08:05 PM
i hav no prob with dating online. in fact im looking 4 some1 right now :kiss10:

-akichan-
04-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Well its a dangerous affair. People may not always be who they say they are. Plus the lack of physical closeness leads most to fail.
Yeah i agree!! like i said, pplz online could be random, could be dangerous, could be a good "actor" after dating online for a while, you might get too deep in this thing and go to his/her place, then ended up in a trap.

i watched lots of news, in China has the most dating online issues, out of 75% of girls in one year got raped just meeting up with their online bfs, This is very dangerous!

Wiz
04-16-2005, 08:35 PM
I probably wouldn't have a probablem with dating online...but I wouldn't know. I havent been asked out yet. I would at least like to try it. Dating online and dating "real" can have lots of things in comon. Like my last boyfriend I liked him but I didnt really know him so when he asked me out and we started dating it was kind awkard because I didnt really know him.

I dont get why people would lie about their apperence, I dont because I mean there really isnt a point to lieing about who you are. The way I think of it is if whoever doesnt like you because of what you act like or look like then you dont really need to know them.

Fabala
04-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Aaaand...going to a bar to meet someone is that much better? Honestly now...

Wiz
04-16-2005, 09:20 PM
No, that's not any better...one of friends doesn't get how you can like someone when you haven't met them in person, I told her you just do sometimes.

-akichan-
04-16-2005, 09:24 PM
No, that's not any better...one of friends doesn't get how you can like someone when you haven't met them in person, I told her you just do sometimes.
i agree with that, you cant like a person who you havnt met, but your imagination could've do that. You might think that person is good for you but you havnt met that person...thats kinda odd..and dating online is very dangerous lik ei said earlier^^;

Poetic_Day_Dream
04-16-2005, 09:31 PM
i have no problem w/ online dating,although i have never had an anline bf or a real bf,but there is no problem with it as long as your sure of his/her age and dont give them any persenal info such as City and Phone number..and if you live around the same place i say you should meet them i mean how far could you really go on anline dating?(Dont answer that -.-)

Himura Enishi
04-16-2005, 09:39 PM
imo its creepy/dorky. I just think back to Napolean Dynamite whenever i think of online dating and then to how bad someone would get dissed for 'dating' someone online. The whole concept seems really corny, and if u have enough time to devote a relationship to being on a computer hours on end, you need to analyze your life, because your real social life prbly died awhile ago and is decomposing in the corner.

viperson
04-16-2005, 09:41 PM
wats so wrong with online dating how do we now u ppl r not dating hmmmmmmmmm because how do u now that that person really likes u hmmmm and they can lie about there appaeranc or how ever u spell it

Poetic_Day_Dream
04-16-2005, 09:51 PM
come on people i mean really how do you date online you just talk......type to eachother

0o_Imadoki_o0
04-16-2005, 10:09 PM
In my opinion, dating is wrong. I mean you can truely never know what they look like or if they really are what they say how old they are, ect.

Fabala
04-16-2005, 10:37 PM
i agree with that, you cant like a person who you havnt met, but your imagination could've do that.
Maybe YOU can't, but it IS possible. If all people online are to you are words on a screen then, sure, they're never going to be real to you. However, the people who manage to think of the person behind the words can very easily grow fond of that person.

-akichan-
04-16-2005, 10:47 PM
i cannot find any goods dating a person online tho, but yeah, different opinion as i always say^^. Dating a person online with only words cant realli get me to it, just not a smart way to ME.

Fabala
04-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Thank you ^^ Let's keep the opinions to ourselves, eh? I don't like people speaking for me...especially when I don't agree in the slightest.

I see the internet as a perfectly viable means of communicating with people you would likely never meet without it...let alone get to know. I'm not the sort to go rushing out meeting the first person I talk to. Heck no. It took years of talk and gaining of trust to meet the first one I DID meet. It was possibly the single best decision I've ever made, and I feel like a more open person because of it.

*shrugs* To each their own.

-akichan-
04-16-2005, 11:22 PM
i remember 3 years ago, this guy stalked me online, and asked me out, i was afraid of him...tried to keep myself safe, then i found out he lives so close to me, and know which school i went to, then went th=o my school to stalk me, online became real life.....wut a scary school life i had there.....Online pplz get crazy sometime.

good thing i didnt date him.

Missy
04-16-2005, 11:37 PM
I dont think i've ever dated online..... But alot of guys tried to get with me..... @[email protected] I think its just creepy.. Besides, I have my own real life boyfriend... I don't need anyone on the net. ~.~

animeadmirer
04-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Dating online will eventually have to lead to meeting the person face to face. Otherwise it would be sick and not in a good way.

SesshoumaruOtaku
04-17-2005, 12:29 AM
I'd rather date in real life, but right now, all I have is an online relationship -_-; Hopefully that will all change in August, when I got to college XD

Dark-Angel
04-17-2005, 06:33 AM
really how can people date online i meen
whats whit that and how do you do that mail me sbout that

lost of love Dark-Angel

Cinnamoroll
04-17-2005, 08:26 AM
I've never dated online. Why should I?

*Cinna*

darkmaster
04-17-2005, 08:59 AM
i dated online...........but......nvm thats not a good thing for me to think about ..im depressed enough right now

Scion
04-17-2005, 10:19 AM
I personally would stay away from that kind of stuff. Especially if the person you are talking to wants to meet you. But its your life and your choice, not mine.

animeseishi
04-18-2005, 01:29 AM
i dont really agree with the idea of online dating...you never get to know what the person is really like...

mamiunggoy
04-18-2005, 01:34 AM
i dont really care...whether people do or dont....as for me i already have a bf...

Link34
04-18-2005, 04:18 AM
I dont want to offened anyone on here but my opion is its kinda stupid. I mean i hear about cybering and stuff like that and it makes me sick. Why the sex isnt even real, (plus im a christian so wont have sex tell after maragige.) And if you ask me dating online is a littler pathtic. But thats just what i think.

*Hides in bushes from people*

-akichan-
04-18-2005, 06:59 AM
I dont want to offened anyone on here but my opion is its kinda stupid. I mean i hear about cybering and stuff like that and it makes me sick. Why the sex isnt even real, (plus im a christian so wont have sex tell after maragige.) And if you ask me dating online is a littler pathtic. But thats just what i think.

*Hides in bushes from people*
i agree with you Link, is like...ive seen pplz making out or cybering as you said, how'd they do it??!! they rp!! isnt real tho. Just to use words to express themselves icl (in chat life)

Link34
04-18-2005, 12:28 PM
i agree with you Link, is like...ive seen pplz making out or cybering as you said, how'd they do it??!! they rp!! isnt real tho. Just to use words to express themselves icl (in chat life)
Well the rp ppl do are sick!!!!!
Why do u want to pretend haveing sex? Whats the point. Its all dumb to me.

Black Cloud
04-18-2005, 12:38 PM
me dateing sessy kogome

-akichan-
04-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Well the rp ppl do are sick!!!!!
Why do u want to pretend haveing sex? Whats the point. Its all dumb to me.
yeah i know, ive seen pplz on the chat, they were pretending having sex, maybe thats how dating online would end up like.

Dating online isnt real, especially typing down actions with words. To me of course dating online isnt a good idea especially making out with the rp.

just different opinions from other pplz, ive seen some post above, some pplz doesnt have problem with dating online.

I'm Ol' Gregg
04-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I am kind of dating online but I looked at what I was doing and had a think- I realised I was probably never going to meet that person and seeing as there a real people I am friends with now that I could date and stuff, I am very much confused!!

I would consider dating online if the person was really kind, and caring and fun and you had a lot in common with and stuff and who made you feel good about yourself. But me.. I'm very much confused!!

Link34
04-18-2005, 01:43 PM
yeah i know, ive seen pplz on the chat, they were pretending having sex, maybe thats how dating online would end up like.

Dating online isnt real, especially typing down actions with words. To me of course dating online isnt a good idea especially making out with the rp.

just different opinions from other pplz, ive seen some post above, some pplz doesnt have problem with dating online.

yeah i know but i do. I try to tell ppl its not real. I hear ppl saying they arnt a virgin anymore cause they Cybered. Ppl let their stupidty get to far. PRETENDEING TO HAVE SEX? Who ever thought of anything more stupid.

-akichan-
04-18-2005, 01:45 PM
as i said, dating online isnt a good idea to me, cos pplz online could be random, even if they act nice online. in real life could be different. As i said about the news in China, 75% of teenage girls got raped dating the guy online in real life.

THIS...is just a real story dating online. Doesnt mean i disagree with pplz dating online.

Link34
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Iwont hate one person for doing it. I just think its stupid and whould let the person know what i think. I mean old ppl wait for somone to talk to them then they go in for the kill. It could be a OLD RANGLY SCARY OLD MAN! I dont trust it.

I'm Ol' Gregg
04-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Iwont hate one person for doing it. I just think its stupid and whould let the person know what i think. I mean old ppl wait for somone to talk to them then they go in for the kill. It could be a OLD RANGLY SCARY OLD MAN! I dont trust it.

Just think how scary it would be if you were a guy who thought they were dating a girl and it turned out to be a pervy, old man... that kind of thing is damaging!!

Link34
04-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Just think how scary it would be if you were a guy who thought they were dating a girl and it turned out to be a pervy, old man... that kind of thing is damaging!!
Yes well i am a boy, and its scary the fact what old ppl do these days.
Well i cant control what ppl do but if there doing something stupid ill tell them.

I'm Ol' Gregg
04-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Yes well i am a boy, and its scary the fact what old ppl do these days.
Well i cant control what ppl do but if there doing something stupid ill tell them.

It's a scary thought knowing that there are real wweirdos on the internet, but then it can make people defensive to tohers on the internet, who are completely normal people!!

This kinda thing scares me because one of my friends said she fell in love with a guy on the internet and when they met up he turned out to be a creepy 39 year-old! What kind if person can lie like that and pretend they're someting they're not!!!!!!!!!!

Link34
04-18-2005, 04:06 PM
It's a scary thought knowing that there are real wweirdos on the internet, but then it can make people defensive to tohers on the internet, who are completely normal people!!

This kinda thing scares me because one of my friends said she fell in love with a guy on the internet and when they met up he turned out to be a creepy 39 year-old! What kind if person can lie like that and pretend they're someting they're not!!!!!!!!!!
Youd be suprised. I tell u im not trying to offened anyone, but its stupid. PLEASE i mean i would never fall in love with a girl over the net. Its stupid to me. Knowing the fact i probly wont ever to meet the girl in real life, It would just be a pretened relationship.

Kougen Aensworth
04-18-2005, 04:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with starting a relationship with somebody who you met online. All forms of communication constitute valid socialization, and often the kind of people you will meet online are generally going to be those of similar interests to you, by design. I've found that I am relatively more likely to make friends or get along with someone I first met online than face to face, and the way a person expresses themselves textually can be a strong insight into that person's personality as much as the way they talk or present themselves physically.

Two people meeting for the first time online and later realizing they share a compatability with each other is perfectly valid. The important part is how they decide to progress the relationship from there.

There is much wisdom, however, in being careful about talking to strangers, of course. Do not give out too much personal information, always meet someone for the first time in a neutral, public location, with a friend if possible. Above all, use common sense. Use someone else's if you have none of your own. ;)

Link34
04-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I just dont trust it. Friends online. yes its cool. I REALLY LIKE IT!

I have tons of friends online, But DATING! PLEASE! I mean cybering is the most stupidest thing i ever heard of. Thinking of old WRANKLY MEN OF WOMEN SCARES ME. I had a nightmar of and old FAT wrankly women trying to rape me.
AHHHHHHH SCARY! I mean i just dont trust online relation ships. and might i point out They are oh what is the word. FAKE!

-akichan-
04-18-2005, 04:49 PM
haha yeah i know, i do chat with frds online but making out! cybering! as ive seen those alot in the chat, sick ><

so dating online could make things turn out different.

Link34
04-18-2005, 04:55 PM
haha yeah i know, i do chat with frds online but making out! cybering! as ive seen those alot in the chat, sick ><

so dating online could make things turn out different.
Well i found out what ybering was when i was 8.
I was in gsn, and playing wammy. Well there was a guy and a girl in there, and i thought they wanted to play. They said GO AWAY LEAVE US ALONE. I got confused so i asked why and they said they were doing eah other. Im like Ooooookkkkkkkkkk you have problems. So i rebelled on gsn saying no cybering.
Thats when i started to hate online relationships. PPL injoy cybering and it makes me wanna throwup. OLD PPL LIE ON ENTERNET!:p
NASTY!:<_<:

Lilyangel
04-18-2005, 04:55 PM
yeah...but i would nvr do tat...even if i have a bf right now online...doesnt mean we r doin nything...

Link34
04-18-2005, 04:59 PM
yeah...but i would nvr do tat...even if i have a bf right now online...doesnt mean we r doin nything...
well u never know. PPL do crazy stuff. One time a OLD LADY sent me a pic of her NUDE EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMYYYYYYYYYY EEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSS

Burned real bad. THere are reapy ppl on the net who want to rape u. I becareful if i were u.:rolleyes:

Lilyangel
04-18-2005, 05:01 PM
now tat is gross..........

-akichan-
04-18-2005, 05:13 PM
some pplz did this in chat as i saw before

guy : *licks her*
girl :*enjoys it*

SO WHEN!! you get into relationship online, you might end up with crazy things, anything could happen xD

thats why i started this thread "pplz dating online"

Link34
04-18-2005, 07:16 PM
lol im enjoing this thread.

-akichan-
04-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh thx then, i wondered if you were the one who rated it.

ANYWAY!!! yeah please pplz, more post and more ideas about "dating online"

Link34
04-18-2005, 07:30 PM
:D Ill keep posting.

I got rep from someone for posting here!
YEAH ME!

Well one time i had a online gf i was 7

Hey i was young and stupid.
Anyway, i was talking to someone called
Sexxy4u209

I could have sworn she was 17
And i was 7 but lied.

She was really 30
YUCK

She said she wanted to kiss me.
I said how she said
*Puts tonge into mouth and rolls around almost chokeing you*
YUCK I SAID ur sick

And i never saw her agiain
The end:laugh:

-akichan-
04-18-2005, 07:37 PM
haha kissed by a 30 year old woman is like a kiss from mother.

For me...dating online, i dun think ive ever tried dating online before. Never thought about it either lol.

im very serious about loce i suppose, so i would never choose a guy online to be my bf xD

plus i have a bf irl too^^ just far away.

Link34
04-18-2005, 07:42 PM
I was young and stupid :)

LOL

I threw up after i got off with her. NASTY! Yuck
*thinks*
i said alot, i cant think of anything else.
ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS ARE BAD DONT DO THEM!:mad:
*yeah thats good*
:laugh:

Sangie
04-18-2005, 08:02 PM
i'd much rather date in real but to tell the truth i havent dated online or off so i dont know there are nice people online and i can get along with people online better then off so i dunno

Fabala
04-18-2005, 09:03 PM
I just dont trust it. Friends online. yes its cool. I REALLY LIKE IT!

I have tons of friends online, But DATING! PLEASE! I mean cybering is the most stupidest thing i ever heard of. Thinking of old WRANKLY MEN OF WOMEN SCARES ME. I had a nightmar of and old FAT wrankly women trying to rape me.
AHHHHHHH SCARY! I mean i just dont trust online relation ships. and might i point out They are oh what is the word. FAKE!

So basically, you're saying you believe the people you consider "friends" online are fake? It's essentially what you're saying.

I'm Ol' Gregg
04-19-2005, 09:18 AM
I don't think you can generalize as all guys who go on the internet are old men, but usually the guys who advance in a relationship are olod and perverted, but there are exceptions to the rule and some nice guys or gals could genuinely want a relationship on the internet because they are too shy normally, but it's whatever works for you!!

And I repped Link from this thread because he amused me and blah blah blah but basically..

One of my friends was chatting to this girl on the internet and when he asked for a picture (after much 'cyber sex' she gave him a picture of an over-weight 45 year-old!!!) XD

And she'd told him that she was a hot 17 year old!!!! *cracks up* :D

-akichan-
04-19-2005, 12:03 PM
yeah online could be pretty random lol.

samuel
04-19-2005, 12:05 PM
thats just nasty i mean (*feeling sick*)messed up.

Azreal Hellfire
04-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I am dating a girl online, and I know it's weird but its like I've known her forever you know? well yeah some people prefer to date in person rather than online, but i guess when in search of love one cant be to particular right? I found love in an online relationship and It is working quite well.

-akichan-
04-19-2005, 04:50 PM
in my view, dating online is just not right. Cant realli say nasty unless its lust through the internet,
but i just wonder how can pplz "fall in love" online, if you guys actually knoe the actual meaning of "falling in love"

But some are possible as you said, they person above me lol.
That you know the girl like...forever. It might be possible for pplz to fall in love online through a long time.

Link34
04-19-2005, 04:53 PM
in my view, dating online is just not right. Cant realli say nasty unless its lust through the internet, but i just wonder how can pplz "fall in love" online, if you guys actually knoe the actual meaning of "falling in love"

But some are possible as you said, they person above me lol. That you know the girl like...forever. It might be possible for pplz to fall in love online through a long time.

hey i am not gonna post to much on here cause someone took alot of rep.:mad:
Well i just dont think it is right and thats all im gonna say.:(

Fabala
04-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Here's what I don't get.

People complain about people who date someone they met online because they could be "fake." And yet, these same people are perfectly willing to have dear and close friends online whom they honestly care for. Now, from what I'VE seen, the most successful (including my own) online relationships come from people who were friends first, and developed extra feelings for each other somewhere along the way.

So, if this is someone you're "allowed" to trust, someone it's deemed acceptable to trust...what changes when they decide to take it further? What makes one right and the other wrong? I agree that online relationships eventually have to become in-person relationships for them to last...but I don't see what is so wrong with them.

Wiz
04-19-2005, 10:03 PM
i dunno, i cant say much about it. i just started dating some one today...i know it sounds weird but some how you just like the person if you've never met them in person. it's just the way people are, if youre trusting enough it should work as long as you or the other person isnt lieing. im not lieing to my bf so maybe it'll work for awhile.

Kristen
04-24-2005, 07:11 PM
For a lot of people, it actually works out well. I know many people who have dated online, or started a relationship online and are still happy with it. My aunt and uncle for example. They met online about two years ago, and got married three months later. They are happily married at that.

If you're more of a touch-needy person, I don't think online dating would be best for you, obviously, unless you get to see the person occasionally. However, online dating can be risky. There are all those scary people tales and all that. Honestly? Virtually all the people I've dated have been online. Most of them from here. =P

With online, if the person does things in their own place, you really wouldn't know about it unless someone from that place told you. So it's probably best to know the person fairly well first. You know, be able to trust them and such. In my personal opinion, I think dating online is probably easier, only if you don't have that need of touch thing. It's much easier to express yourself online. You don't have that fear of looking the person in the face and seeing how they look at you when you say one thing or another. I could just be crazy, but I honestly think it's much easier. As time goes on and you're young, or can't reach the person, it may get harder. From personal experience, it did for me. But it might just be me.

A few weeks ago I had gotten out of a long-term online relationship. We had been going out for one year previously, but I just didn't feel up to it anymore. It was a good and healthy relationship that I enjoyed most of the time. There were times where I felt like I was missing something because I didn't have the whole in-person deal, but that never lasted very long. Now I'm in a new relationship which is also online and going well. It's just my personal preference. In my basic opinion, I see a lot of good people online. Most of my friends are from here, and I know no one like them in reality. Same thing goes for people I date from online. It just seems to me that they carry a genuine kind of quality. =)

I think dating online is a cool thing to do. It makes you strong because you can handle the distance and the temptation of doing something else outside of that person. But it's really just about you and how you can do things. <3

Dark-Angel
04-25-2005, 09:18 AM
well cant really say maybe
if you really like a guy/girl
it's isent that bad aslong as they dont
meat eah other because that can end
up in a nightmare ^^

Kristen
04-25-2005, 04:09 PM
If you like someone enough to actually date them, even if it is online, then having a chance to meet them is something you eventually start to look forward to.

Fabala
04-25-2005, 04:20 PM
well cant really say maybe
if you really like a guy/girl
it's isent that bad aslong as they dont
meat eah other because that can end
up in a nightmare ^^

*Imagining a couple hacking each other to pieces* @[email protected] Oh boy... It's "meet" by the way.

And actually, for it to develop into something more, they eventually DO have to meet, or what good is it?

Regex
04-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Speaking from experience, here is what I have to say about this.

Online dating is okay.
If the circumstances are right. For an online relationship to work, both people involved have to understand each other very well. They have to know where the other person in the relationship is emotionally, and mentally. There has to be a lot of communication, and most of all, you have to be honest. The biggest reason online relationships can fail is because you go through it, not really knowing the person as well as you think you do. Online, all your talking can be far more thought out than in person communication. You have the ability to censor yourself considerably more than you might in person. And most of all, you may think you're being yourself, but so much of who you are is in your inflection, facial expression, and other such non-text based communication. If that's not available for your significant other to see, then they make it up in their mind. Sometimes it's accurate, and many times, it's not.

In my case, I found myself getting involved with people online quite a bit. I left home at the age of 19, joining the Air Force. I found myself all alone, with a whole bunch of other guys.. And I couldn't stand it. I had left all my best friends at home, and I couldn't relate to any of the people around me. I found myself spending a lot of time on the Internet, and met some people who I could relate to and talk to. This was the beginning of many friendships that I still hold today, 3 and a half years later. Ashton (some of you may remember him) helped me get through some tough times, by always being able to make me laugh. As I didn't go out much, I invested in phone cards, so I could call him, and we became very close friends.
Some other friendships I created started turning into something more. I found myself incredibly attracted to someone, and we turned our relationship into something more than just friends. No, this didn't mean that we had "cyber sex" or anything like that. We just had a strong emotional connection, and spent a lot of time cultivating that. I did eventually get to meet this girl, and ultimately, the relationship did end. It didn't end particularly well, but that can be true of any relationship.

Have I been hurt online? Absolutely. It really can be dangerous to trust your emotions to someone who you can't even get a hug from. But if you meet someone online that you truly feel like you should get involved with, the distance is not necessarily what should stop you.

This doesn't mean go out there begging for a boyfriend/girlfriend. I think that's a bad idea, whether it's in a chat room online, or at the bar downtown. I'm not saying that you should go looking for a relationship. Just treat your online friendships the way you would a real friendship. The anonymity of the Internet can be good and bad. The best friendships come when you have nothing to hide from the other person. Even doubly so with more serious relationships. And if you truly click with someone, and you think you are strong enough to handle the difficulty of being emotionally attached to someone you can't hug or hold.. Don't let a few hundred or thousand miles stop you. Just don't get stuck in the online thing. You have to meet up sometime. And better it be sooner than later.

I've had a few real relationships that began online. Every one of them that I felt I had something real with, I went to see them. There were some others that just didn't quite click as well, and I don't think I can even count those as real relationships.
I only regret one of these relationships.. And only because in my relationship with her, I made some choices that caused me to nearly lose one or two of my best friends.

Remember, online dating is not for everyone. And it can only work if there is strong communication from both people involved. While this is true of any relationship, I've found that you have to work at it more with the distance.

Imbethonwen
05-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I date online. infact most of my online boyfriends were nicer than my offline ones. then again, there's always the chance that i can be in trouble because i dont know the person, but i lucked out because the guy im dating now only lives 4 hours away and we've met offline and we're together.

luck has a lot to do with it i guess *shrugs*

I Love Elfy
05-02-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm datin online now and its not as bad as what people think but u have to find that person that you can actually trust and love for real just not fake love so you can meet them and do stuff to them that is sick and wrong.My online girlfriend i love with all my heart and soul and nothin can take that away from me.

Glitch4.0
05-02-2005, 11:19 PM
i support it, seeing how i meet my wife over the internet. the internet is merely another meduim of socailizing, amougnst other things of course,. the biggest thing about net relationships is trusts, but as long as you trust and know each other you dont have to. i cant imagine a day with out being with my wife, im thankfull everyday i met her. so im always going to support internet relationships.

Ninja Hatake Kakashi
05-02-2005, 11:24 PM
wait a go ^6 major reps every time i see u^^ oh yea i support it too

Devilstears
05-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Well I dont think there is anything wrong with dating online, I just know I could never do it. I have friends online that I am very close with and I can talk about almost everything with them, things that I dont talk to with anyone that I know face-to-face. They are not just online friends they are more then that, they are real friends and real people. I have talked to them on the phone and have been talking to them for a year. I am glad I have found people that understand me and are willing to listen to me as I have to them. I do have friends that say they "love" me like more then a friend. That makes me a little sad that I cant develop any feelings like that for them. I wont date online I just couldnt. It would feel fake to me and it would drive me insane to never look into her eyes or feel her gentle touch. I did promise I would meet some of my friends one day and I will keep my promise. I know if I ever dated online my friends would never let it go, they would only make fun of me day after day and that really pisses me off. I dont really care if they do make fun of me but they would only think of Kip from Napolean Dynomite. My step brother met a girl on the internet and he eventually moved down where she is and are now currently dating and have been for a while.

Genghis Beatrix
05-03-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm with you, Devilstears.

anyways, I date in person, and I am seeing my beau for the first time in 4 months today. I'm excited.

-akichan-
05-05-2005, 06:22 PM
exited dating online? well yeah, need more of your opinions, c'mon ><;

hameht
05-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Dating online is an interesting subject. I would never do it like devilstears says. It would be cool to meet my friends online, but never would I date them. I date in person and I'm quite happy with my dicision. In online relationship you would never how the person would look into your eyes and say 'i love you' with honesty or the not knowing if them cheating on you would eat you alive. So dating in person-I think is the way to go :). Besides....holding hands, cuddling, and all that jazz rocks!

-akichan-
05-05-2005, 06:46 PM
i agree, instead of "rp'ing" huh. Yeah..dating in real life.

Sangie
05-05-2005, 07:52 PM
i suppose some people get along with people better online because they dont have to worry about seeming such a freak i know i do stuff online like i would never do in real life im doing one right now im a really quiet person in real life and i never get to say what i want to but online i dont seem to care as much for some reason

Fabala
05-05-2005, 10:00 PM
i agree, instead of "rp'ing" huh. Yeah..dating in real life.

*shrug* It's not really "rp-ing" to everyone, you know. I've never been much into that. For me it's about waiting to SEE the other person. Which I'm doing again next month, for two months.

-akichan-
05-06-2005, 08:18 AM
well thats maybe for some pplz, pplz might dun enjoy dating irl instead of chat life with "rp-ing" eh. Or maybe some pplz feel unloved in real life so date icl instead of showing their face? well maybe.^^;

Fabala
05-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Or MAYBE people meet someone who's just too far away to see every day without making drastic life changes (i.e. moving to another country).

Frankly, I'm tired of comments on something I'm doing myself. I met someone online, somehow fell for him from the beginning (through e-mail, IMs, written letters, phonecalls, etc.), have made the long trip around the world to see him once, and am doing it again this summer. I didn't ask for this. I never intended to get into an "internet" relationship in the first place, though it's more long-distance now. It's not that I'm afraid to "show my face," or like "rp-ing," it's that the person I met and fell for happens to not live right next door.

And you know, even back when I wasn't in a relationship and certainly wasn't looking, I had far more respect for people who were trying to keep something real in the mess of "unreal" online relationships. Because yes, there are those who do it for a whole manner of reasons, without any intentions of meeting. However, there are also those who simply found a different way of meeting the person they love.

Donovan
05-06-2005, 10:25 AM
me confused?

DeathAngel
05-06-2005, 10:28 AM
don't prefer tat though...

☆l2emix☆
05-13-2005, 05:17 PM
yes i play ragnarok online i have a online gf =/ we are married in ragnarok but it always nice to have a girl thats is right next to you

as it says in my siggie

yeah, i want to stand beside you and i want to live free

☆l2emix☆
05-13-2005, 05:18 PM
im still kinda against online dating :p

☆l2emix☆
05-13-2005, 05:19 PM
sorry about this wrongthread :P

-akichan-
05-13-2005, 05:20 PM
ohhh careful buddy, you double posted....PLEASE mods, forgive him once ><;; give one more chance for a newb ><no bad repping my frd >P

well yeah im very against online dating, its sick seeing it xD

Fabala
05-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Please edit your first post, and don't post multiple times in a row.

im still kinda against online dating :p
Soooo...you HAVE an online girlfriend, but you're against it? Way to contradict yourself =/

-akichan-
05-13-2005, 05:35 PM
well actually...according to Remix's post, wut i think is if he has a girl online, and pretend that he'll meet a girl in real life....i'd say dating online ruins alot ><; well i dunno alot about it cos i never/and never prefer dating online, im actually serious about dating which has to be in real life^^;

Fabala
05-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I'll say again. Meeting someone online can be serious, depending on how much effort each side is willing to put in. Not all online relationships are half-hearted RPing flings you know.

-akichan-
05-13-2005, 05:43 PM
well you're right tho, but then again, my fav words "different personal opinions" xD

Fabala
05-13-2005, 05:46 PM
I suppose, but it's hard to let it rest as an opinion when I KNOW such relationships exist because I'm IN one myself ^^;; Believe me, I'm tired of my 4 1/2+ years relationship being compared with people who get into them just for kicks.

-akichan-
05-13-2005, 05:49 PM
then maybe dating online isnt a problem for some pplz who had experienced it before, but also i think dating online could be dangerous cos pplz could be random, i catch your points tho Reiako^^;

Fabala
05-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Well, it's all individual. I had never dated online before this relationship. In fact, I had never intended to. It was just...the only thing I wanted to do when I met my current boyfriend. How else to have something with someone living on the other side of the world? And besides, it's more long distance now, having met already and planning on it again this summer.

BeautifulKurumi
05-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Dating online has shown me that people can be dorks, and romantics, and jerks as if it were truely the real thing. I found it easier to date online than to just pretend everything is okay and the same in real life.

Link34
05-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Dating online has shown me that people can be dorks, and romantics, and jerks as if it were truely the real thing. I found it easier to date online than to just pretend everything is okay and the same in real life.
I agree (all i can say)

hameht
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Online dating is alright, but i have come across a lot of sickos while on the net >.<...I respect online dating, it is nice that people meet over the internet, see eachother and meet eachother, i think that's kool. Falling for someone you haven't seen gets kinda eh tho O_O. It has its pluses and minuses...

1withanime
05-13-2005, 07:59 PM
i dont think that you shold give a lot of info about yourself even to your online "boyfriend" or "girlfriend"

Female_Hitokiri
05-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Ehhh...I don't really like online dating, but if they really love each other, then it's fine, I guess.

Goddess Iris
05-14-2005, 10:30 PM
i also haven't tried dating online..but i think it's not really good.. because you don't know what type of ppl u are dating with..u may not even know if he's sincere in what he's saying..

sword_master
05-15-2005, 02:33 AM
uh .. dating online .. good subject .. once or twice at the most ^_^

Ami~chan
05-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Dating online is a very fickle thing. Who knows if the guy/girl you're talking to (who's supposed to be 17) is actually 50? They may be, or may not be. Reiako-chan isso lucky she got to meet her online love, and it turned out he was who he was. Some people aren' that lucky. I was once in an online relationship, about two years ago. While it was wonderful to have someone to talk to and share with, I found it hard not to be able to hold them. It's hard to communicate love through a screen and keyboard.

Kyo Kusanagi
05-15-2005, 09:13 PM
You can add one more botched online dating couple to the list.

Bah.

Fabala
05-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Dating online is a very fickle thing. Who knows if the guy/girl you're talking to (who's supposed to be 17) is actually 50? They may be, or may not be. Reiako-chan isso lucky she got to meet her online love, and it turned out he was who he was. Some people aren' that lucky. I was once in an online relationship, about two years ago. While it was wonderful to have someone to talk to and share with, I found it hard not to be able to hold them. It's hard to communicate love through a screen and keyboard.

Agreed. And it only gets harder once you've met the first time and then have to be separated again. Then you KNOW what you're missing =/

I've waited almost 2 years to see him again, and now it's less than 3 weeks away. Cannnot. Wait.

Orange Smile
05-16-2005, 12:36 AM
I had an online relationship about two, three years ago.

Then I started up my next year of school and someone I just met asked me out, while I was still in the relationship, and, with a lack of space to manuever, I was roped into saying 'Yes.'

I had to cut off my online relationship, out of a sense of guilt, and a month later the 'real' relationship ended with me dumping them.

I haven't dating, online or otherwise, since.

This has been resolahcus, dodgin' relationships since '01.

Wolfwood
05-16-2005, 04:40 AM
personaly, my online relationship couldn't be better. everyday i fall more in love with her and i know shes not some 50 year old freak @[email protected]
its not hard to know if someone is really telling the truth with there age and gender, a webcam is a very useful way, also audio chats. ofcourse there are always going to be paranoid people who still won't believe its a real relationship and its all a game, but thats there problem.
as for my relationship, everything just seems so perfect. and soon as i finish school this year i'll be off to visit her (fingers crossed). for all those who think its not real love, i couldn't care less. the important thing is both my g/f and me love each other very much and prove it to each other everyday, anyway we can.

-akichan-
05-16-2005, 11:39 AM
especially those online dating...wen he finds out someone in real life wanna ask a his girl out, then the online guy might get jealous and dump her ><

The Rebel
05-16-2005, 04:36 PM
It all depends. If you meet the person online, then actually meet in real life is onething. But if you just hook up on the net and never actually meet is another. But for some people, the best they can hope for is a cyber-fling. I naturally think the net is evil anyway.

Havana
05-16-2005, 09:07 PM
personaly, my online relationship couldn't be better. everyday i fall more in love with her and i know shes not some 50 year old freak @[email protected]
its not hard to know if someone is really telling the truth with there age and gender, a webcam is a very useful way, also audio chats. ofcourse there are always going to be paranoid people who still won't believe its a real relationship and its all a game, but thats there problem.
as for my relationship, everything just seems so perfect. and soon as i finish school this year i'll be off to visit her (fingers crossed). for all those who think its not real love, i couldn't care less. the important thing is both my g/f and me love each other very much and prove it to each other everyday, anyway we can. lol. yup, i love wolfy alot. :love:

There are still crazy people who will lie about there age though. I also think wolfy is my soulmate..when it comes to my online relationship i'll always love him, dispite the distance, and kind of similar to the anime voices of a distant star, if you can't be with them physically, but they'll be in your heart and mind. It's to bad that most don't get to experience this kind of love though.lol. and i'm not a 5o yr old [email protected][email protected]

We were good friends, and still are but it was kind of unexpected though..^^.

Bean Bandit
05-17-2005, 03:02 AM
Online dating/friends/pals or whatever... It is all what you put into it and how serious you are on your side. If you cant be honest yourself, how can you expect the other one to be?

Online dating is not for everyone, nor does anyone have the right to tell someone else it is wrong. Just because you may not believe in it doesn't make it bad. It is all opinions and you can not argue someones opinions.

What online relationships do no matter what level they are, is give you the opportunity to meet more people than those directly around you in real life. It is a users preference. Just like saying a ford is better than a chevy, or being catholic is better than being christian. It all depends on the person or persons involved.

Elfy
05-17-2005, 07:41 PM
The lack of physical closeness is the hardest to bear. you can love soimeone alot, and just like real dating it can hurt just as much.

Strawberries-N-Cream
05-17-2005, 07:53 PM
i wish i wasn't dating online, i wish i was right there with -Naota-

he's too cute to be dating online with him damn -Naota why can't you just pop-up magically over here in Cali?:mad:

-akichan-
06-03-2005, 08:09 AM
i met a frd, he met an online girl, but ended up not trusting eachother and trust is very important in a relationship, so online dating...isnt suppose to be very very hard? oO;

Fabala
06-03-2005, 08:30 AM
Uh, it's as hard as a real-life relationship. Maybe harder, at times, because you can't be together. If it's going to work and going to go anywhere, and online (or long-distance) relationship needs to be taken seriously.

Ωmega
06-03-2005, 09:09 AM
i believe online dating is quite insane.how can you "date" someone you cant meet in person?How do you know their not some 50 year old pediphile?how do you know they arent in a current relationship and have you around for fun?as much as i hate to admit it,i speak from experience.when i was younger i dated guys online.believe you me,after a while,it hurts.date people whom you can see over the weekends.if you meet someone online,fine,bring someone with you to meet them,in case their some wacko.

Faroelove
06-03-2005, 09:36 AM
I know, I brung that conversation up a while ago and I got slammed with a bunch of *but people in real life are as dangerous as meeting on-line too* Heheh, I don't beleive that.

Fabala
06-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Oop, not supposed to be on now, but I can't resist...

Think about this: Every one of those "dangerous" online people is also a real-life person to other people. You can't blindly trust anyone, online or off.

VARLY
06-03-2005, 10:15 AM
ppl that r dangerous r ppl with sum [wicked] intention on them n they DO plan to do sumthin to the prey.... online or offline.... (in my opinion)

Faroelove
06-03-2005, 10:31 AM
But when you are talking to a 16 year old kid in real life, you beleive that they are 16. On-line someone can say they are 16 but not realy mean it.

Rageling
06-03-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm 6'1", weigh 187 lbs., and never go anywhere unarmed. So I really just never worried about meeting someone offline, I'd just keep on guard and not go anywhere out of public view if they don't match who I'm there to meet with.

Faroelove
06-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah, but you see, you are a guy. Girls are different.

-akichan-
06-03-2005, 05:17 PM
i believe online dating is quite insane.how can you "date" someone you cant meet in person?How do you know their not some 50 year old pediphile?how do you know they arent in a current relationship and have you around for fun?as much as i hate to admit it,i speak from experience.when i was younger i dated guys online.believe you me,after a while,it hurts.date people whom you can see over the weekends.if you meet someone online,fine,bring someone with you to meet them,in case their some wacko.
yeah i agree with you, i put alot of doubt in online relationship which was the reason i started this thread. You can't see or know if that online lover is with someone, they could be random, if the online lover is a player irl, and a sweet person icl...that doesnt make sense. But for some pplz that are very very serious in love, they might change icl to irl. Which is believable^^;

Sasura
06-03-2005, 05:46 PM
I think it is good and okey to date online like if you cant get someon outside of the internet get one online the internet

Karel
06-06-2005, 02:25 PM
I don't know.. alot of beautiful girls can be found online.. and with great personalities. Some times it's alot harder finder her out in some run down towns and cities that only have girls who would date guys with money.. looks, and leave them when they had enough... the same goes for guys.

Karel.. does not date alot

Faroelove
06-06-2005, 02:28 PM
I don't know.. alot of beautiful girls can be found online.. and with great personalities. Some times it's alot harder finder her out in some run down towns and cities that only have girls who would date guys with money.. looks, and leave them when they had enough... the same goes for guys.

Karel.. does not date alotHow come you don't date? Girls would fall for you! You aren't even bad looking.

Karel
06-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Looks it's the least of my worries, girls.. old ladies, men.. old mens they all compliment me kindly.

but I am the world's pickiest man, My Step bro's trying to change me around and be more like him.. heh no thanks though, I don't fall for any girl that happens to be in my view.

Saying I don't date much doesn't mean I won't. I just haven't been all that well with girls.

Faroelove
06-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Looks it's the least of my worries, girls.. old ladies, men.. old mens they all compliment me kindly.

but I am the world's pickiest man, My Step bro's trying to change me around and be more like him.. heh no thanks though, I don't fall for any girl that happens to be in my view.

Saying I don't date much doesn't mean I won't. I just haven't been all that well with girls.Don't worry then. Someone will come find you and you will fall in love and live hapily ever after with the one you love (fairy tale ending. I'm so lame)

freya_dark_chii
06-06-2005, 02:41 PM
nope, n' NEVER will, well...im 2 young 4 those stuff *glares @ a guy*

Ωmega
06-06-2005, 02:44 PM
everyone eventually gets a happy ending with their special someone,i found mine

spanky79
06-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Don't worry then. Someone will come find you and you will fall in love and live hapily ever after with the one you love (fairy tale ending. I'm so lame)
it never ends that way thats just all that romantic comedy crap tha film industry spews out

Faroelove
06-06-2005, 02:46 PM
it never ends that way thats just all that romantic comedy crap tha film industry spews outHow do you know?

Ωmega
06-06-2005, 02:48 PM
hey,i found my prince charming.just because you dont have much luck doesnt mean you have to pee on everyones roses

Karel
06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Don't worry then. Someone will come find you and you will fall in love and live hapily ever after with the one you love (fairy tale ending. I'm so lame)
I'm afraid not everyone's story ends with a happy ending

it never ends that way thats just all that romantic comedy crap tha film industry spews out
Some times people live actual movies, they just don't know it.

freya_dark_chii
06-06-2005, 02:59 PM
4 me i fink hvin bf n' gf relationships makes u happy as well as it can hurt u

Myste Silver
06-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I've dated online before, but it wasn't taken to any extremes.I didn't see those people as being my soul mates,though I might someday in the future consider an online boyfriend as being my soulmate.I usually date online more often when I'm trying to cool off from a bad relationship in real life.If I find somebody I truly love, I won't care how we're communicating.Just as long as we are communicating.

naiume
06-06-2005, 06:38 PM
i can see wat u r sayin,but pplz can date or be freindz. to me datin is tha next level for bein a freind.

Chibi Misao
06-07-2005, 02:00 AM
I've never dated online before.It would be really awkward though.I can't really trust them.They might be a psycho or something, so i don't think i intend to date online.Having online friends is ok, just for chatting and all, but dating online is kinda hard.

Crystal_Alchemist
06-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Well it is ok, I mean it is just Rp, not like any thing happens on the computer...Or does something? You just have fun with I though. Or do you?

Naokomi ShYana
06-13-2005, 04:07 AM
Hmm I used to do it, but I found out that it just wasn't for me.

-akichan-
07-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Well it is ok, I mean it is just Rp, not like any thing happens on the computer...Or does something? You just have fun with I though. Or do you?
Well ive seen some pplz on AG chat last year, a few pplz i know that were RPing pretending they are making out or cybering cos i remember one of the admins posted a msg to all the rooms saying that blah and blah were making out with nasty words. I do agree that RPing are only words, but would that be a thinking problem?

I know this one couple that they dated online and now they are married xD

Endymion_of_fire
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I dated someone for over a year. But in the end it didn't work out infortunately.

Joseph Larker
07-06-2005, 06:07 PM
"Online Dating"

I've met people online, and then went out on dates with them...For the most part, I met a bunch of flakes who wasted my time, but I also met my current current g/f from hotornot.com. It's for the most part a meat market, which is why it deters so many women from it. And there are safe ways to meet new people, so the only reason you should have any anxieties towards physically meeting somebody is if you haven't been honest with them.

I don't reccommend online dating as a replacement to going out meeting new people at parties/clubs/bars/etc., but it shouldn't be overlooked.

And don't go hunting for specifically a boyfriend/girlfriend. I met my g/f not because I was looking for one, I was just trying to find some other people my age in my area to hang out with. I wasn't looking for a relationship at all. But if you promise to meet somebody with a strict agenda in mind, you'll be wasting other's people's time, your time, and you'll be frustrated and upset with every date, and instead of meeting a bunch of good friends, and perhaps the potential "one", you'll have scared them away or pissed them off, post of you as the anti-christ in their blogs!

It has some validity, but don't expect too much from it. It is the internet after all.

Amix
09-07-2005, 07:28 AM
I date online, I think it's the best way to get to know somebody better, so you can see if this person is just for you ya know? But it's also hard because you can't meet them or speak to them in person unless you go over there...But you never know, you could be talking to a 43 year old man.. or woman. But me, I"m 15..xD

Charliee
09-07-2005, 07:58 AM
I have dated a GIRL online. But never a guy. XD Oh wait.....I take that back, this kid tricked me. Said he was a girl, acted like a girl, and really he was a guy, and I went out with him, but It was okay since, it was just virtually, and plus, we never really saw each other.

bms
09-07-2005, 08:00 AM
It is difficult, becuase it's impossible yo know whether or not they're lying.

-akichan-
09-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Hmmm seeing alot of points, but i just avoid dating online. xD

.Lovebeat
09-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Well...I did, but I prefer not to do that anymore...but I can't help that I do fall in love over the net :rolleyes:

lordraziel
09-07-2005, 09:34 AM
i think if you two truly trust eachother and and know its not a lie it can be possible but i can see how people could not like it but hell i met my last girlfriend on the internet and it turned out fine till somethin happen cant really talk about it not that nothin bad happen between us like that its someone felt to harm me would to take her away from me u know what im sayin not longer around but im sayin its not always bad i loved her as she did me

yokoe1887
09-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Well at first I thought it was stupid and impossible to actually fall in love on the net or actually have a relationship online.........well I don't think that anymore....Lol.......I currently have a boyfriend online right now.......and I completely trust him......I love him and he loves me^^.........I'm always honest with him as he is with me.........I know people say you can never tell when a person is telling the truth or not online......but I can.....I know in my heart he wouldn't lie to me.............I met him on this forum..^^....yep.......he's my husband on the forum and my boyfriend in real life.....Lol....yep....it's vault..=^.^=

Engi no Juushichi
09-07-2005, 10:53 AM
I also have an online gf, I really don't think that there is much wrong with it. ^^ I like her very much and I have her AIM also, for all you nosy types her sn is Her Royal Banditness.

Angel_Girl
09-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Well i've never had an online boyfriend before probably mostly because i've never needed or wanted one. I guess I would be willing to date. A guy online just to see what it would be like, but I would much rather date A guy in real life cause for one big reason you really don't know who
they are they could easily lie and say that they are someone that they arn't my brother once had A relationship with A girl who he talked to A lot on the phone, but he had never actually met or seen her before and she siad that she was only 24 when she was really 40 or something and when he ended up meeting
her she was compleatly different from what she had siad she was!

stigmatize
09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Online dating...for me, i think it's quite rare to find true love over the net. I mean, because two poeple practically don't meet, their 'relationship' on the net could be full of lies and dishonesty for all you know. It's also quite impossible to have a very happy ending through online relationships though.

Well its a dangerous affair. People may not always be who they say they are. Plus the lack of physical closeness leads most to fail.I agree with the sentiment. :rolleyes:

But then again...I won't mind dating online if i really really liked someone on the net after a long period of time.

Fabala
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Oi! Online relationships can and do work...if you go about carefully when getting into one. Just be on your guard, as you should meeting a new person ANYWAY. Those monsters on the net exist as people too, you know. Yes, being online makes it easier to get away with lying, but it doesn't mean the person you're face-to-face with ISN'T lying.

Thing is, for it to get anywhere, an online relationship must eventually become an in-person one.

Bubblegum Pop
09-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah, i try to be careful with my online bf's. But somehow, i know when their telling the truth, i've trusted TLA and kept my guard up, and now we've been dating for almost 4 months. But yeah i try to be careful online, and here is some advice:

1.Never give your online bf/gf your phone #, if there lying to you, they might call you and maybe want to kill ya! o.o

2. Never give them your full name till you trust them enough....

3.Never tell them exactlly where you live, just tell them your state.

Thats all the advice i have for now....lol

Fallon Piper Fawn
09-07-2005, 07:44 PM
I tried it once just to see, all that are on there are wackos and less than savory ppl.Or at least that was my exp.Met a guy once, his pic looked a HECK of alot better than he actually did!!:sofa:
Really though i've just given up on the "trying to find love" dating thing, either it isn't real and I don't care or it is and I still don't care.Tired of looking.:broken:
:yeahthat:

Marie2007
09-07-2005, 08:00 PM
never ever trust online dating

Annie Hall
09-07-2005, 08:05 PM
I've dated online, trust me...It's not all that bad...I mean I had a few fun 'relationships' but yea they all end the same ~.~ just like the ones I have irl so I say if you find someone nice and fun online go for it! I mean you mine as well.

Ran11
09-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Dateing online is kool at times but most of the time it's a real pain in the back.

-akichan-
09-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Dateing online is kool at times but most of the time it's a real pain in the back.
True that, cos at the end if you dun see him/her, it hurts ><;

Renaki
09-07-2005, 11:09 PM
carmii what do yu expect? people start dating in the 3rd grade. sooner or laters its going to get a little boring?

anyways...isnt dating online hard? like forgetting who your dating? a diffrent sn...

man.

but i did date someone over the internet...STALKER. lol
hes the reason i dont use yahoo msg.

-akichan-
09-07-2005, 11:12 PM
carmii what do yu expect? people start dating in the 3rd grade. sooner or laters its going to get a little boring?

anyways...isnt dating online hard? like forgetting who your dating? a diffrent sn...

man.

but i did date someone over the internet...STALKER. lol
hes the reason i dont use yahoo msg.
Hahahahaha xD are you serious you did? never told me oO;

well yeah wut do i expect eh, its just wut i think about dating online. Cos...ive tried many times when 2 years ago, i dated 10 dudes on AG before xD

Ninja Hatake Kakashi
09-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Lets lay this down....Everyone in this thread that had posted in here has done it...dont even lie we all have done it and i know it.Heck ive even did it..Its idiotic not that i think about it.You dont even KNow what the person looks likes,how they really are,or if there some guy.Seriously its pretty dumb.Jus date in real life.Honeslty.And again i knoew FOR SURE EVERY ONE HAS DATED ONLINE. Heck theres even people in here that r doing it right now! So dont lie...if u lie..then ur lieing to yourself for deniing the truth...

Nocturne
09-07-2005, 11:38 PM
As long as online dating stays within computers, I don't see too much of a problem with it. It's when things go offline...then it's time to be wary...

Havana
09-08-2005, 12:10 AM
but unless its serious and not short term, than its silly that the relationship isnt going anywhere. But my relationship with wolfy isnt gonna stay online forever, since we love an long to be together one day.^^

plus in a few days, its gonna be 9 months that we been a couple. true it still wise to be wary. Kind of depends on how well u trust others.

Kloud_Seven
09-08-2005, 02:15 AM
People who aren't looking for an internet relationship,are Usually the people who end up getting into one.It's something that you really don't expect to happen but it does for some people,over time.

I myself had dated a girl online a few years ago but now we're just good friends.I have dated plenty of girls in the"real world"as you people like to say,but a peice of my heart still has strong feelings for my ex that I met over the internet.

Havana
09-08-2005, 03:40 AM
thats true since i thought i came here to only makefriends didnt expect a b/f by surprize though.^^

Wolfwood
09-08-2005, 06:01 AM
i never expected to find a g/f online ^^
everything happens for a reason i believe ^^
so i guess i was meant to click onto the sites i did to find Maggie ^_^
almost nine months. and, we're planning holidays and stuff to visit each other ^^
soon as i get my part time job, i'll be trying to spend every holiday with her.
for now web cams, mics, digital cams. they're all useful when you're a serious couple.
i think the hardest thing will be meeting, spending time together, then having to go back to just an online thing till next visit.

Fabala
09-08-2005, 07:44 AM
A story in which it WORKS:
I met my boyfriend here. Right here on this forum. I was 15, he was 16. He was dating someone at the time, and we became friends almost instantly. Now, up until then, I'd had little to no interest in dating. I'd been attracted to people, had a long-term crush, and so on...but never dated. And I certainly never thought about dating online. So it was as big a shock to me as anyone when I realized I'd fallen for that friend...really fallen.

The problem? I live in the United States, and he lives in Australia.

Less than a year after first meeting here, we "got together." He'd broken up with his girlfriend, and developed returned feelings for me. About a month after that, we had our birthdays (I turned 16, he turned 17...both in February). After two more years of keeping in touch via IMs, e-mails, letters, and phonecalls, we met when I traveled out there the summer after I graduated high school (I was 18, he was 19). I stayed with him and his family for a month.

Being separated after knowing what it was like was one of the hardest things we had to do, for we were as perfectly compatible in person as we had been elsewhere. And we were separated for another two years. Then, just this past June (I'm 20, he's 21), I went back to stay with him for TWO months. Parting was...more than a little difficult, but we ARE confident that we'll see each other again, and for much longer. And, of course, we are still in touch via e-mail, IMs, letters, and phonecalls...just as we've always been. This coming January, we'll have been dating for five years. This coming April, we'll have known each other for six.

My point is, while you should be wary of people online...you should know that sometimes it DOES work, sometimes that person you're talking with IS who they say they are. Just like the people you meet every day on the street. An online relationship can work, and I'm only one of the many success stories. Heck, I don't even consider my relationship online anymore. Why should I? Once we'd met, it became a long distance relationship (long, long distance). I'm not ashamed of how we met, and there's no reason I should be. Without the internet, what are the odds that I EVER would have started something with a guy in Australia? Low, eh? And that's where the internet came in. Helping me to meet him, where I otherwise wouldn't have.

I don't think that's a bad thing in the least. It isn't easy, but its been worth it.

-akichan-
09-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Wow Reiako, your story is soooooooo touching T.T;

hey Reiako, wut about me? am i your crush now? xD <3

Chi#1
09-08-2005, 08:00 AM
I'v done it before...And i don't suggest it b/c long distance relationships don't work out most of the time.....and i wondered...why the ^%#@ did i do it the first place b/c a girl like me doesn't need to do some thing as dumb as that to get a guy....i guess i was just curious????....(why do i think that pple onlien are ugly????...lmao....No OFFENSE to you guys out there...)

Missy
09-08-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm really happy for the happy couples who are dating online ^_^ I think it's a great thing that they've found someone they love and are really truly happy together... If they want to be together and things can work out, then more love to ya ^.^

So Reiako & SGI.. I'm really happy for you guys <3 <3 You guys make a cute couple. (I saw the pic of you both together and I just thought "awwww") ...And Wolfy and Vampy(now Magnolia)... I've been around you guys both together (in lil chats) and I can tell you both love each other ^_^

And yes I believe online relationships can work if you really want it to work.

Chi#1
09-08-2005, 08:03 AM
online relationships are sorry!.... it just mostly shows that you can't get anyone offline...lmao....XD!...But do wat ya'll do...w/e makes you happy...-_-'

Chi#1
09-08-2005, 08:06 AM
the only reason i put financee on my family is b/c i actually kno him in REal life...lmao

Fabala
09-08-2005, 08:09 AM
online relationships are sorry!.... it just mostly shows that you can't get anyone offline...lmao....XD!...But do wat ya'll do...w/e makes you happy...-_-'

EXCUSE me?? That is one of the single most shallow remarks I have EVER heard.

I'm not even going to go with the argument "I can get someone offline, if I had wanted to." There's no point. I shouldn't have to justify myself, and I won't. How DARE you judge someone for who they decide to date, to fall in live with?

-akichan-
09-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Its been a secret lol....2 years ago...i dated like...10 dudes on AG chat lol!

it was before i knew BD so yeah. And then...the guys i met were all bad guys, so thats why i dun date online anymore.

Missy
09-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Chi... honestly...just because yours didnt work out doesnt mean you have to go around saying online dating is stupid and wont work for anyone. -_- seriously.

http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/dry.gif

-akichan-
09-08-2005, 08:20 AM
100% agree with Missy, even i mentioned dating online couldnt be a good idea. But if you and the other half tries the best to work it out, im sure you can.

Sinnaku
09-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Stick to reality.

Even though I never did, I still say reality is more truthful.

I mean you could meet someone you really really like, talk a lot and like, fall in love and then find out you're talking to someone 5,000 miles away.

Real Life is so much easier.

Fabala
09-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Easier...but the alternative is not always so easily prevented. I wouldn't have chosen a relationship with someone on the other side of the planet. It chose me ><

Wolfwood
09-08-2005, 08:58 AM
i believe a life long love is easyer to find online then offline.
online, mostly all you can do with each other is talk, and from talking you learn so much about each other. i always love to hear what Maggie's been up to in her day, how she's feeling and everything else thats been going on.
and if ya think about it. as you get older, talking is all you'll really have with ya partner. so a relationship started by looks or something pysical would turn very sour after awhile.
the reason i'm dating online is because i found someone i love to talk to and have so much in common with. i think about her every moment of every day and i want to spend my entire life with her and never be more then a foot away.

i had many g/f's offline before hand, and they were a huge disapointment. its was all started by pysical attraction or maby an overheard comment that made them think we might have something in common, and after a month or so, we really started to see there was nothing there.

simply dont go for looks. go for someone who you could spend hours talking with and never get bored. someone you always look forward to seeing and never try to avoid for any reason.

Saq
09-08-2005, 09:17 AM
dating online seems more common than real-life dates. :) i dont care though.

Kewii
09-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Closed for Length