PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Home

/Aifa|
04-03-2005, 01:15 PM
What is your opinion or thoughts on leaving home to get away from parents?? I just cant get along with my father and step mother so im thinking seriously about just moving out... before i get kicked out at this rate. But i know nothing about it so im not sure...

Im just confused, so any opinion or help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Gjallarhorn
04-03-2005, 01:19 PM
well, no matter how bad the situation with your parents, they still provide for you until you are able to do so on your own. i plan to stay in my parents house until i go to college, and once im out of college, im planning on moving out of the U.S. to either Italy, Germany, or Japan.....most likely Italy....

Parasui
04-03-2005, 02:08 PM
There's no place like home. Stay at home. Don't leave. And as you do, know the lessons you'd learn from this experience.

Mistress Koneko
04-03-2005, 02:41 PM
If you're old enough to move out on your own and you can afford it financially I would say go for it. Maybe move in with some friends and share a place together. That way the bills won't be so much. If you really feel that it is the right thing to do then go for it. You're gonna have to move out sooner or later anyway. Might as well be prepared and move out rather then kicked out with no where to go.

Kyo Kusanagi
04-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Leaving home should only be done if you know you can afford it, or if you have a family building.

I've had a few friends leave their parents home just so they can have their own, and the result was usually struggling.

sjøpølse
04-03-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm likely to leave home this summer and move in with one or two friends and my cat. So I say go for it, as long as you can afford it. Although some fussy teens leave home in a pseudo-rebel way (most of the time, too young), I don't see anything wrong with leaving home. In fact, I encourage it. Anyways, I'm more or less kicked out too, so I would not have had much choice.

As for your own situation, well, I encourage your departure. Save your money and find an apartment you can share with friends. Living by self is very nice, even though there are more responsabilities to assume.

Tsuna Kadiri
04-03-2005, 02:55 PM
If you feel that leaving home is the right thing to do, then you should. But if you have nowhere to go, no money, then it would be in your best interest to stay. You won't be living there forever, but if you just can't stand the tension, then leave. If you feel that it'll benefit you in the end, do it.

AngelWolf
04-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Whoa man u sound like me right now Aifa didnt know you in the kinda situation. I tried running away once....I came back two hours later.......because I got hungry lol. But I really wanted to not go back but only when I was pissed after I calmed down I kinda wanted to go back home.So I encourage you to wait out the ride and see what happens and pray for the best.

Youma
04-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I think if you want better advice you should talk about your situation more in details. Some of us have been in your situation, as the previous posts already state, and the right thing to do varies greatly depending on many things. And even with our experience, still think of it carefully.
I did run away and never came back, and I don't regret the way I left my father's house almost 4 years ago, but it's a dangerous, radical thing to do and it shouldn't be viewed as a desirable solution. More of a lesser evil, in some extreme cases. If it is in any way possible, try to leave with a few hundred$ in the bank, an idea of where to stay and if possible a job. Not having your parents wanting to kill you for running away all at once is good also. Being homeless for a few months doesn't kill - most of the time -, but trust me few situations can be more unpleasant, I've been there. If you must jump out make sure you can land on something soft.

/Aifa|
04-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey, thanks for all the opinions guys.

Oh and Youma, if you want more details then i have about $1400 in the bank, but i cant withdraw it until im 18 in July, i have a few friends who also plan to move out and share a place together, but they will probably do it next year, and thats a while to go. I cant live with my mother because she has gone insane, and my real grandparents and relatives are halfway across Australia in the South, im in the West. Im in the middle of changing jobs, and worst of all, i go to university. So if i move out i may have to quit uni and just work for a few years.

AngelWolf: Yeah, i think ive been in a situation like that before, i cant remember it well, it was a while ago.

little:k
04-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Leaving Home can be good and bad.
Missing your family is the bad thing.
Good is that you have your own space you don't have to be draged
every were.You can do things your way!Sleep in the closset read in your bed
or Stay up late!

Taikyo
04-03-2005, 09:43 PM
well, it is great to get away from your parents since they drive you crazy, yet you gotta know if you're even ready to move out. Like do you have a place to stay or live? And also have a suitable job too. (forgive my spelling =P) If you gots all of these that means that you're all ready to move out before you're kicked out. ^^;

P.S- i hope you know how to cook. =P

/Aifa|
04-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Hehe, i wouldnt miss my family in a hurry, not this one. I havent seen my mother in 6 years, and almost 7 now. Im kinda used to it.

EDIT: I know how to cook very well :P ... Ive been doing it ever since i was 13. My parents own a chain of restaurants and we are pretty much rich.

Missy
04-03-2005, 09:46 PM
...ahh... Aifa-dear... ^^

I agree with what people said... If you can afford to live on your own, and if the situation is that bad, then you should do it.... And you also said you have a few friends who are also planning to move out.. so rooming with them and sharing the expenses shouldnt be too much of a problem if you have a steady income.... I'm already 18.. and I can't stand it in my house.. But I know that right now, at this moment I'm not ready to leave yet... as in .. financially... I still need to set a few things straight... I live in a crowded home... my older brother and his fiancee are living here too... and they took my room -_- so I sleep on a couch in the living room... (it brings it all back to how I can't sleep at night, ne Aifa? http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif) ... Theres too many people in this house.. ... My parents are divorced and still living in the same roof ... so you can imagine the kinda atmosphere I'm living in.....

I've been thinkin bout movin out a billion times... But I also had to think about what would happen if I did... you know? .. I can't just up and leave cuz i felt like it.... I had to look ahead and see what it would be like... Not that I'm saying you dont... But yeah, just what I thought... I dont know.. personally I think this is about one of (keyword: 'one') the most difficult parts of life is.. starting anew on your own... I can decide to leave right now... because there is somewhere I can go... But I, myself, decided to wait just a bit longer... To make sure everything is taken care of before I leave.....

Just do what you think is right... But at the same time, make sure the decision you make is backed up by making sure you dont regret it when you do it... I'm sorry if I'm not making much sense... ><

Well, whatever happens, and whatever you decide, I hope the best for ya in all you do... ^^ ... And if ya ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for ya. http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

~M s A e r i s

/Aifa|
04-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey, thanks Ms. You should tell us if you ever plan to move out, we wanna know. Oh, and i hope that couch isnt all uncomfortable and itchy or something, ive slept on some pretty bad couches in my time :P

Silver_Star_of_Darkness
04-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Sometimes it depends on how I feel about them When I get a problem that includes them I want to run away but I know that doesn't solve anything.

little:k
04-03-2005, 10:03 PM
I slept on two coaches before.
One was really hard and one i sank in.
Most times i fall of the coach.

Ami~chan
04-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Leave home only whenever you a) have somewhere else to go, or b) can afford living on your own. I'm in an awkward situation myself at the moment; yesterday my grandma threatened to kick me out... again, but I really have nowhere to go. If you can support yourself, or another family member or friend can take you in, then go for it. But I'd think about it first, really.

Mistress Koneko
04-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey, thanks Ms. You should tell us if you ever plan to move out, we wanna know. Oh, and i hope that couch isnt all uncomfortable and itchy or something, ive slept on some pretty bad couches in my time :P
I have the most comfortable couch in the world! People actually LIKE to sleep on my couch....hell I even like to sleep on my couch! XD

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders so I am sure you will make the best decision that will work for you. ^_^

Fabala
04-03-2005, 11:20 PM
You know, as difficult as it is living there, you absolutely must consider all aspects of moving out on your own.

I mean, you said yourself that you don't know that you'd be able to go to Uni if you moved out. Is getting a full-time job, quitting Uni, and struggling with bills worth being out of the house? Are you prepared to struggle further because you haven't finished college and will have a more difficult time getting a job to support yourself? Are you prepared to perhaps one day have to look back and regret not taking advantage of the roof over your head? Honestly, $1400 is NOT much. Especially considering you're speaking of Australian dollars. I pay more than that per semester o.O

I know it sounds harsh, and I don't mean to be completely against the idea. As stated already, if you're capable of handling all of that, and gaining satisfaction out of it...then that is your decision. If you think you can support yourself, and handle life on your own at such a young age...then that is your decision. I'd hate to see you unhappy going out on your own, but at the same time, I'd hate to see you stuck in what is an ultimately negative lifestyle at home.

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the concern. Yeah, i reckon $1400 isnt enough to last very long, so i guess its essential that i move out with friends and have a good job. Uni isnt very important to me, im heading for a Bachelors in Commerce but i dont even like it. I only did it to get away from working for my parents, as they object to me getting another job outside the restaurants they run.

So yeah, if i move out and drop out of Uni, working full time for a while doesnt seem bad, but i am aware that it pays more to get a degree, which i would plan to do one day when im more certain about my goals. I managed to piss them off a lot recently so my father told me to get another job yesterday, which is good. I know a lot of jobs that are a lot easier and pay better.

My best move for now may be to stack up more money, plan something with friends, and cope with the hell at home until it feels right to move out.

I have the most comfortable couch in the world! People actually LIKE to sleep on my couch....hell I even like to sleep on my couch! XD

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders so I am sure you will make the best decision that will work for you. ^_^

*prods head* ...Hey! You're right!! :P

My biggest problem with couches is that the leathery ones are freezing in winter but the cotton-like ones are irritable in summer, they never get it right!! So i may have to um....'relocate' your couch.....*flys to Great Britain* ....waittaminute, Miss K doesnt live here...*flys to Seattle*...

Missy
04-04-2005, 08:34 AM
*flys to Seattle*... O___o

*blink blink*

Well HELLO THERE!!! ... (I live 15-20 minutes from Seattle.... XD)

I have the most comfortable couch in the world! ;____; .... talk about rubbing it in.... ~teehee... ...I N V U (I envy you)... send your couch to meeee !!.. ^^;

My best move for now may be to stack up more money, plan something with friends, and cope with the hell at home until it feels right to move out. Yes yes, sounds good. ^.^

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 08:46 AM
*prods head* ...Hey! You're right!! :P

My biggest problem with couches is that the leathery ones are freezing in winter but the cotton-like ones are irritable in summer, they never get it right!! So i may have to um....'relocate' your couch.....*flys to Great Britain* ....waittaminute, Miss K doesnt live here...*flys to Seattle*...
YAY!!! Once you get over here I get to spoil you! ^__^

MsAeris: you know you can ALWAYS come over and visit my couch :P

Missy
04-04-2005, 08:57 AM
WOOHOO... ^_^ ... *grabs blanket and pillow* .... So where is it? Great Britain or Seattle? ... lol... XD

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Heh, talk about "Leaving Home"!! So you're willing to sacrifice everything for Miss K's couch?? Well, thats too bad... cause by the time you get there i'll already be sleeping on it!...Bwahahah!!! ....*hint, hint* it's in Seattle :P

YAY!!! Once you get over here I get to spoil you! ^__^

Nobody can argue with a statement like that!! ^^

Hmmm, maybe one day i can even live outside Australia after leaving home and on a good income for a while. That would be nice, but for me its hard to find a country better than Australia. Maybe i could get them to send me to some exchange student program for a while for some time apart, my friend is on one of those in Canada, and all the canadian girls love his aussie accent ...lucky bastard! ^^

Missy
04-04-2005, 09:52 AM
*driving to Seattle*... this should take about 15-20 mins ^^ (I live in Tacoma) ...

Canada?.. I've driven there before.... 4-5 hr drive ..~___~; ...... It was nice there...I like Victoria.. and that lil tourist part... teeheee.... i didnt know smoking weed was legal there... O_o.... .... and they have like special restaurants where you can just smoke weed all day and get high with other people.... 0.0

AIFA, i wanna hear your aussieeee accent! .... XD

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 09:59 AM
NEVER!! :P

Heh, ill definately consider going to Canada to live one day!!! Smoke weed without getting busted eh?? ....hmm, well i never get busted for it over here anyway (crazy parties), but it could be interesting.

Well, lets not fluctuate fully out of topic now.

Missy
04-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah, sorry >< ....

I don't know exactly when I wanna leave home.... All I know is that if I stay here too long, I'd go insane.... @[email protected] ..... Have you ever thought of running away without thinking about anything else but that? .. I've heard alot of people say that... But how can you just think about that and not the consequences that follow it... ? I dunno. maybe its depending on the situation the person is in i suppose....

GAHH... I havent gotten any sleep yet... Not like I had much of a choice... but I just wanna go away T___T...

THATS IT, I'm moving to HAWAII!!...... heh.. =P

Fabala
04-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Mm, yes. Major advantage to moving out of the country...girls will FLOCK around that accent XD

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Well ive had that plenty of times. In my household, its easy to become so overcome with emotion that you just want to break out and forget about all consequences. Kinda like what happens before you get into a fight, which i reckon is stupid now after beating up someone i didnt even know (he started it anyway).

EDIT: Reiako: Well i must move out of Australia for a while one of these days then!! USA or Canada i guess :P

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Well ive had that plenty of times. In my household, its easy to become so overcome with emotion that you just want to break out and forget about all consequences. Kinda like what happens before you get into a fight, which i reckon is stupid now after beating up someone i didnt even know (he started it anyway).

EDIT: I must move out of Australia for a while one of these days!! USA or Canada then :P
USA!! USA!!

you know you wanna move here :P Cause we're cooler then Canada :P That should be our new slogan! "Move here! Cause we're cooler then Canada" although in Canada you can drink at 19 I think.....so...if you're under legal age to drink at the US then Canada might be cooler.....but I am past the legal age so it doesn't matter to me any XD

Hooray for pre-coffee ramblings! XD

MsAeris: come on over ^_^ and if you get here before Aifa you can get the couch....or I can just let the 2 of you fight over it XD an AF death match for my couch! w00t!

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Just quickly before i hit the sack....

WHAAAT!>?!?!?!?!

So when can you actually drink in the USA??? .....that's crazy if you cant drink at 18. (You can drink at 18 over here in Australia.).

Heh, but i agree that USA is probably a better place to live in rather than Canada, ive heard a lot of bad stories about Canada. But hey, my friend is there, he loves it (mainly the chicks though) and he can get me free accomodation!!

Hopefully one day i'll end up in Washington because now i know i have 2 people there i can annoy :P

and if you get here before Aifa you can get the couch....or I can just let the 2 of you fight over it XD an AF death match for my couch! w00t!
Hey no fair!! Im in Australia so she gets a head start!! Aww man.

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Just quickly before i hit the sack....

WHAAAT!>?!?!?!?!

So when can you actually drink in the USA??? .....that's crazy if you cant drink at 18. (You can drink at 18 over here in Australia.).

Heh, but i agree that USA is probably a better place to live in rather than Canada, ive heard a lot of bad stories about Canada. But hey, my friend is there, he loves it (mainly the chicks though) and he can get me free accomodation!!

Hopefully one day i'll end up in Washington because now i know i have 2 people there i can annoy :P

Hey no fair!! Im in Australia so she gets a head start!! Aww man.
YAY!!! I get to be annoyed by Aifa! ^__________^

Life is never fair young grasshopper *pats your head* :P so you better get moving! XD

You can drink legally at the age of 21 in the US :P

Missy
04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
yeah, 21... but who follows that....... *whistles*

<_<

>_>

hehehehe.. yeah come to Washington! It'd be fun!.. And you can annoy me all you want cuz I'm not easily annoyed... bwahahah ... XD

*runs to MK's couch and plops on it*....... weeeee! ... XD

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 11:22 AM
yeah, 21... but who follows that....... *whistles*

<_<

>_>

hehehehe.. yeah come to Washington! It'd be fun!.. And you can annoy me all you want cuz I'm not easily annoyed... bwahahah ... XD

*runs to MK's couch and plops on it*....... weeeee! ... XD
I followed it ^^;; but that was cause I grew up in a small town so anything I did could and DID get back to my mom.....^^;;

yes...come to Washington Aifa.....you're from the land of Oz and I live in the Emerald City...so really it's only a natural progression of things that you move here :P

dun break the couch now! ^^;; it's old :P like from the 70's.....it even has that burnt orangey brown 70's color :P it r0><0rz

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 11:22 AM
21!?

Thats not good AT ALL!!! ><

Oh well, i guess ill have to wait another 3 years before i consider going to live in the USA. If i went to live there before i was 21, i would probably get arrested on my first week :P

EDIT:

YEs!! I can extend my business of annoying people to an international level!!! :P

Oh, and id love to wander there like i was from the land of OZ, but that number 21 over there is like kryptonite to me!!

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 11:24 AM
21!?

Thats not good AT ALL!!! ><

Oh well, i guess ill have to wait another 3 years before i consider going to live in the USA. If i went to live there before i was 21, i would probably get arrested on my first week :P

EDIT:

YEs!! I can extend my business of annoying people to an international level!!! :P

Oh, and id love to wander there like i was from the land of OZ, but that number 21 over there is like kryptonite to me!!
I'm not bailing you out of jail then :P

EDIT: well I can loan you a few of my years then...I got extra XD

Missy
04-04-2005, 11:33 AM
i turn 19 this year.... ;__; ... So uhh i guess its 2 yrs for me... But thats never stopped me from*mumble mumble*................................

ANYWAY :D

Dont worry, we'll P A R T Y.. and you'll forget about the number 21..... kekekekeeee.....

*gets off MK's couch before she smacks me for staying on it too long* ^^;

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Thats ok, i can harass my cellmates then ^^

Speaking of jails, thats always a very last resort when it comes to finding a place to live when all else fails after leaving home, i hear they are actually an ok place to live in nowadays. *trying to stay on topic* :P

EDIT: PArty!? Where!? I'll bring the booze!!

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Thats ok, i can harass my cellmates then ^^

Speaking of jails, thats always a very last resort when it comes to finding a place to live when all else fails after leaving home, i hear they are actually an ok place to live in nowadays. *trying to stay on topic* :PWell I wouldn't PERSONALLY know about that.....but they might be....you get fed, you have a bed.....although you don't really have any privacy....and of course there is the possibility of you getting the crap beaten out of you every night.....sounds like family to me XD

MsAeris: you can stay on it ^___^ but you will have to fight for that right when Aifa comes over :P

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 11:41 AM
3 words: Bring it on!!! :P

Well some jails have TVs, privacy and everything!! But yeah, DEFINATELY a last resort. >< .....*shudders* ....rapists and molesters.....gay ones.......

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 11:43 AM
3 words: Bring it on!!! :P

Well some jails have TVs, privacy and everything!! But yeah, DEFINATELY a last resort. >< .....*shudders* ....rapists and molesters.....gay ones.......
:P

awwww....I was just kidding about the not bailing you out.....of COURSE I would bail you out so you can mooch off of me ^____^

Missy
04-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Oh god.... ;___; ... *holds up a "Last Resort" sign*

heh we better be careful...... >_>

*clears throat*.... Yes, come here.. WA is calling out your name.. and you cant deny the Evergreen State... XD

Well I'm gonna go to bed.... Have fun everyone! ^^;

*falls asleep on MK's couch* ... zZZZZZ

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh god.... ;___; ... *holds up a "Last Resort" sign*

heh we better be careful...... >_>

*clears throat*.... Yes, come here.. WA is calling out your name.. and you cant deny the Evergreen State... XD

Well I'm gonna go to bed.... Have fun everyone! ^^;

*falls asleep on MK's couch* ... zZZZZZ
yes...no one can resist the evergreen state ^___^

*covers MsAeris with a blanket as she sleeps* sweet dreams ^_^

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 11:51 AM
"mooch off" eh? ....i dunno what that means! >< ......but if you do bail me out, ill make it up to you somehow!! If i can think of something....

Too bad harassing people isnt a job :P

....Anyway, im pretty safe to not get kicked out of home for about 10 more months ill say. My dad lost all his family to war so he values all the family he has left today a lot....but maybe too much at times, as he freaks out when i come home after 6pm, or when i dont come home at all.

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 11:54 AM
"mooch off" eh? ....i dunno what that means! >< ......but if you do bail me out, ill make it up to you somehow!! If i can think of something....

Too bad harassing people isnt a job :P

....Anyway, im pretty safe to not get kicked out of home for about 10 more months ill say. My dad lost all his family to war so he values all the family he has left today a lot....but maybe too much at times, as he freaks out when i come home after 6pm, or when i dont come home at all.it means I pay for everything :P you can cook for me! XD

it is! It's called Telemarketing! XD

Well you should at least let him know if you might be running late or if you are going to stay out or something. It might put his mind at ease a bit to know where you are and might help improve things a bit......communication is a wonderful thing ^___^

My mom was pretty overprotective of me and I have 12 brothers and sisters! ^^;; She wasn't too bad though if I called and let her know I might be late or if plans changed and that I was doing something else other then what I had originally told her......

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 12:02 PM
it means I pay for everything :P you can cook for me! XD

it is! It's called Telemarketing! XD

Well you should at least let him know if you might be running late or if you are going to stay out or something. It might put his mind at ease a bit to know where you are and might help improve things a bit......communication is a wonderful thing ^___^

Oh ok, in Australia we say use the term, to "scab" off somebody.

Oh yeah, that kinda work. Kinda like the ad above this page as well >< ...hehe, i could just be a salesman.... and if i do become one ill make sure that i knock on your door at least twice a day!! :P

The only reason i dont tell my father about not coming home and stuff is because i know he will object to it. He freaks out at me as soon as i mention it, which is one small part as to why i want to leave home. The curfew i have is like before dark. ><

Hehe, i once told my step mother that i would come home at 1am, but i actually came home at 3pm...whoops, luckily no one found out. ^^

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh ok, in Australia we say use the term, to "scab" off somebody.

Oh yeah, that kinda work. Kinda like the ad above this page as well >< ...hehe, i could just be a salesman.... and if i do become one ill make sure that i knock on your door at least twice a day!! :P

The only reason i dont tell my father about not coming home and stuff is because i know he will object to it. He freaks out at me as soon as i mention it, which is one small part as to why i want to leave home. The curfew i have is like before dark. ><

Hehe, i once told my step mother that i would come home at 1am, but i actually came home at 3pm...whoops, luckily no one found out. ^^
You crazy Aussie's and your slang :P

awwwwww....but it wouldn't be harassing if I got to have you visit me ^__^ at least I wouldn't consider it as such :P

Ooooooh......hmmmm...well that does kind of put a damper on things now doesn't it? ^^;;

whoooops ^^;; My mom would have stayed up till then and probably made sure it never happened again if I did something like that ^^;;

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 12:32 PM
You crazy Aussie's and your slang :P

awwwwww....but it wouldn't be harassing if I got to have you visit me ^__^ at least I wouldn't consider it as such :P

Ooooooh......hmmmm...well that does kind of put a damper on things now doesn't it? ^^;;

whoooops ^^;; My mom would have stayed up till then and probably made sure it never happened again if I did something like that ^^;;

Heh, it's interesting to see the slang differences between AUS and USA. We're not crazy, we're convicts :P ....im assuming you know that Australia was first settled by the British as a place to keep their convicts. o.O

Wow, thats a nice thing to say, thanks....but i was thinking of knocking on your door and just running off! :P

Heh, hence i need to leave home one of these days i guess. Pretty soon but not too soon i reckon now.

Well, my step mother wouldnt bother to do that...which is good. ^^

....Ok, as i said over an hour ago, i gots ta catch some shut-eye. (Im pretty sure thats a USA term, not AUS...oh well.)

Fabala
04-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Haha...yeah. I love the stories about the guys who sold maps to freedom to new prisoners. "Freedom is right there over that there hill. Yup. Don't bother asking why I haven't left for it yet...nooo."

Actually, they had a holding area here in the states, too. ;p I just don't recall where at the moment.

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Haha...yeah. I love the stories about the guys who sold maps to freedom to new prisoners. "Freedom is right there over that there hill. Yup. Don't bother asking why I haven't left for it yet...nooo."

Actually, they had a holding area here in the states, too. ;p I just don't recall where at the moment.Well, long exposure to heat over here makes people believe anything :P .... even today. "$2.50 for water? Bloody bargain mate, bloody bargain..." But i feel sorry for people living in Alice Springs, makes me glad im in Perth where we are huddled on the coast like almost every city in AUS.

We have an old prison here in Perth, "Fremantle Prison" i think they call it... people can visit that prison and ive heard ghost stories from there...go Freo!

Ack! im meant to be sleeping for the last time now....><

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Heh, it's interesting to see the slang differences between AUS and USA. We're not crazy, we're convicts :P ....im assuming you know that Australia was first settled by the British as a place to keep their convicts. o.O

Wow, thats a nice thing to say, thanks....but i was thinking of knocking on your door and just running off! :P

Heh, hence i need to leave home one of these days i guess. Pretty soon but not too soon i reckon now.

Well, my step mother wouldnt bother to do that...which is good. ^^

....Ok, as i said over an hour ago, i gots ta catch some shut-eye. (Im pretty sure thats a USA term, not AUS...oh well.)
yes I know that :P and we're a bunch of whiny *** puritans that ran away from home :P

you're welcome ^__^ and you wouldn't dare run off....not when I was cooking dinner for you :P

yes...leaving would be a good thing ^_^

lucky.....my mom would and still does ^^;;

sweet dreams ^_^ (although you are probably already awake again by now :P)

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 10:12 PM
yes I know that :P and we're a bunch of whiny *** puritans that ran away from home :P

you're welcome ^__^ and you wouldn't dare run off....not when I was cooking dinner for you :P

yes...leaving would be a good thing ^_^

lucky.....my mom would and still does ^^;;

sweet dreams ^_^ (although you are probably already awake again by now :P)
Hmm, it would be pretty crazy if Australia had a war of independence tommorow. To tell you the truth, sometimes i wish i could just be drafted to war to get away from home. My parents definately wont let me join the army. Oh well, for now AUS is still under the Queen of England. We had a referendum asking if people wanted AUS to be independent in like 98 or something, but the majority voted no.....bah, the English are cool anyway, i like some of their TV shows. ^^

Heh, but i thought I was cooking! :P

You mom still does that? wow ... i didnt see that coming. ^^

Yeah, i guess. I had a dream, but it wasnt good...just random stuff that made me sleep for longer. ><

Fabala
04-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Oh yeah, I saw a video about that protest/referendum thing once o.O Didn't someone design a new flag, too?

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah they did. I was 10 at the time, and it wasnt that great if i remember correctly ><

I hear opinions from journals saying that we Aussies kinda lack national identity, as we are heavily influenced by media and entertainment from the US, and at the same time we are supposed to acknowledge our English heritage, but its so hard when we are barely like them at all today. Who knows, i guess that could be why most people voted no...lack of identity.

Fabala
04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah. The film said that, as well as many of the people either ARE English, or have recent ancestors there. They have strong ties, good and bad. Plus, it's a comfort, I would imagine, to know there's another country watching out for you in some way.

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Definately, we couldnt survive on our own. I guess thats why we suck up to the US so much...... Oh yeah, Prince Charles recently visited us in Perth, that was cool.

I dont know very many English people here though, i could be in the wrong area :P

robofighter
04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
ummmm well (trying to stay on thread topic) both of my older sisters left allm ost a week after they turned 18 i mean they had a car and a job and they just took off. ( and i'm not to happy about staying here myself) i think it's cause well you see my parents aren't strict but......well......there mean as hell and......... ummmmmmm...........i lost my train of thought give me a minute

/Aifa|
04-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Yeah, i have some brothers and sister as well...i dont always get along well with them but they arent the reason im leaving at least. But my older brother encourages me to move out to give my parents a clear message, only if i can handle it of course. If my parents change after i move out, then at least life at home will be easier for my bros and sis.

Mistress Koneko
04-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Hmm, it would be pretty crazy if Australia had a war of independence tommorow. To tell you the truth, sometimes i wish i could just be drafted to war to get away from home. My parents definately wont let me join the army. Oh well, for now AUS is still under the Queen of England. We had a referendum asking if people wanted AUS to be independent in like 98 or something, but the majority voted no.....bah, the English are cool anyway, i like some of their TV shows. ^^

Heh, but i thought I was cooking! :P

You mom still does that? wow ... i didnt see that coming. ^^

Yeah, i guess. I had a dream, but it wasnt good...just random stuff that made me sleep for longer. ><That would be crazy ^^;; awww....don't wish for that....you never KNOW what could have happened to you....I like the English too....I've gotten drunk with a couple of them online cause I was utterly BORED out of my mind one Sunday afternoon XD 'twas fun!

well I gotta get you IN the apartment first don't I?

yes she does.....you think having 13 kids would make her worry less about the older ones that have already moved out but it's so not true....

awwwwww.....well at least you weren't being chased by a pack of jackals :P

/Aifa|
04-05-2005, 12:31 AM
That would be crazy ^^;; awww....don't wish for that....you never KNOW what could have happened to you....I like the English too....I've gotten drunk with a couple of them online cause I was utterly BORED out of my mind one Sunday afternoon XD 'twas fun!

well I gotta get you IN the apartment first don't I?

yes she does.....you think having 13 kids would make her worry less about the older ones that have already moved out but it's so not true....

awwwwww.....well at least you weren't being chased by a pack of jackals :P Heh, but im young and war actually seems exciting (yes i sound highly dillusional) but that feeling will die quick. I knew a guy at school who wishes for war to break out, like another WW or worse. o.O

Ah yes, good point ><

Heh, at least she cares for ya then. My parents are always busy with work so they dont have enough time to watch me. I could live outside home for a night or so and they would probably not notice. ^^

Dont you mean [removed]? Hmm, i still havent seen a jackal before :P

Mistress Koneko
04-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Heh, but im young and war actually seems exciting (yes i sound highly dillusional) but that feeling will die quick. I knew a guy at school who wishes for war to break out, like another WW or worse. o.O

Ah yes, good point ><

Heh, at least she cares for ya then. My parents are always busy with work so they dont have enough time to watch me. I could live outside home for a night or so and they would probably not notice. ^^

Dont you mean jackasses? Hmm, i still havent seen a jackal before :P
he's crazy!!! and not in a good way!

and this is why people call me SMART :P it's kind of funny how some people thought that I wouldn't be able to make it on my own....yet I think I am the only kid right now to be living COMPLETELY on their own....HA!

she cares too much though sometimes me thinks ^^;;

no..I remember calling them jackals in my dream.....oddly enough I have never seen a jackal either....^^;;

/Aifa|
04-05-2005, 12:52 AM
he's crazy!!! and not in a good way!

and this is why people call me SMART :P it's kind of funny how some people thought that I wouldn't be able to make it on my own....yet I think I am the only kid right now to be living COMPLETELY on their own....HA!

she cares too much though sometimes me thinks ^^;;

no..I remember calling them jackals in my dream.....oddly enough I have never seen a jackal either....^^;;HAha, how ironic. He always calls me "The Crazy Mr. Ed"... but he was a cool dude..... he just loves weaponry and gothic stuff too much. o.O

Heh, i was only playin, but since you can live out on your own .....*plants gold star on Miss K's forehead* :P

But jackasses are funnier! ...though i would probably run for hell if they started chasing me ^^

Oh well, i have uni work to do again ....i guess we should stop chatting in here. Its getting off topic now ><

Mistress Koneko
04-05-2005, 12:56 AM
HAha, how ironic. He always calls me "The Crazy Mr. Ed"... but he was a cool dude..... he just loves weaponry and gothic stuff too much. o.O

Heh, i was only playin, but since you can live out on your own .....*plants gold star on Miss K's forehead* :P

But jackasses are funnier! ...though i would probably run for hell if they started chasing me ^^

Oh well, i have uni work to do again ....i guess we should stop chatting in here. Its getting off topic now ><
takes one to know one I guess :P

YAY!!!! ^_______________^ *struts my stuff around the room showing off my gold star*

true...but I don't think it really was up to me what I was dreaming ^^;;

unfortunately you are correct...you should PM me or IM me more often so the off topic-ness doesn't happen :P

/Aifa|
04-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Well i really felt like just running out of home just then... but yeah, i still have to hold onto my common sense. I dunno how much more of this i can take before i leave home one way or the other. Oh well.