PDA

View Full Version : The Bible Code

xCalypsox
03-25-2005, 07:06 PM
For those of you who don't know of the Bible Code it is an old hebrew bible that was found years ago... After many people have studied it, they found a code in which to find the names of historical figures and events that occured. For example they found the name "Hitler" listed with "Evil Man" and "Nazi Party"...

Pearl Harbor was described as "Fall of the Fortress" and "World War."
Becuase this is an origional Bible and not a copy, it seems a bit amazing that all of these events were listed before they even happened. Shakespear was listed with "Hamlet" and "MacBeth..."

Some of them are not seen as predictions but as a warning, so that we can do something to change the outcome. The next thing listed in the Bible Code is a possible nuclear war between 2000-2006. That could be next year, and definetly possible.

There are many skeptics. But I'd like to know what you think...

So what's your opinion on the Bible Code?

Ollie
03-25-2005, 07:09 PM
eeh, a lot of people found out the 'true meaning' of the premonitions after they happened...and most likely just took them the wrong way anyway.

Even if these are real ones, nothing will happen to change it. People won't listen, or they won't understand until it is too late.

xCalypsox
03-25-2005, 07:15 PM
It's a shame people won't listen...

Well then I guess this country isn't going to last too long.

Ollie
03-25-2005, 07:17 PM
no, America is going to last a long time, given the Declaration of Independence does not somehow get completely destroyed in the next 200 years.

the world after America is goign to be so far in the future it'll look like something out of a sci-fi book. [assuming it even happens.]

Zedekiah
03-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh.

So...

They wrote..

HITLER BAD MAN NAZI PARTY!

Ok.

Karel
03-26-2005, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about it.. I'd be dead by the time something changes.

A Random
03-26-2005, 12:37 AM
I don't believe in the Bible, let alone anything associated with it. I'm in NO position to try to form an opinion on it.

Die Tod von Euch
03-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Um... Hebrew?... Then... Wouldn't it be part of the TNK?...um..or..the Torah (the Jewish sacred texts)? Since the New Testament (aka THE BIBLE) was originally written in Greek?...

But, I think I heard about that in the movie Pi...or something... I'm not sure how much stock I'd place in that...

Poetnevermore
03-26-2005, 07:29 AM
Very interesting.

Nyanko
03-26-2005, 07:41 AM
heh, I've seen that stuff on TV... the codes they found on the pages look like a crossword puzzle. o_O;

Eh, it's so fake. If they're looking for the predictions for the end of time in the Bible, they don't have to go searching... it's written plainly in there already.

I just can't believe people actually get paid for finding stuff like that... o_O; Dang...

Mariya Shidō
03-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Did the code also mention Blitzkrieg and Stalingrad ? Or Nipplegate ?

En Svensk Tiger
03-26-2005, 09:58 AM
There was a section about the appereance of Lucifer in the form of a fat guy. I think it meant Michael Moore.

Mariya Shidō
03-26-2005, 10:17 AM
There was a section about the appereance of Lucifer in the form of a fat guy. I think it meant Michael Moore.
The bible code obviously got the gender wrong there , as is proven here :

http://www.sanluisgonzaga.edu.ar/na/profesores/Anime/devil-1.jpg

Die Tod von Euch
03-26-2005, 05:07 PM
...If it said Lucifer anything, it's fake. I know you're joking (or at least HOPE you're joking), though... I've said this before on here, "Lucifer" never appeared in The Bible, and never was applied to Satan... It's from one of the books in the TaNaK, and was part of a taunt directed towards a fallen Babylonian king, which likened him to the morning star that fell from the heavens (meaning sky, NOT literal Heaven). As I mentioned in my last post in this thread, the TaNaK are the Jewish sacred texts. Satan is a Christian concept...

But, as I also mentioned...if this "Bible" that the Bible Code is taken from is in Hebrew, it would be the Jewish TaNaK... Which would mean there wouldn't be any Satan...

Oh, and question... Why would it have Shakespeare in it at all?... And, why would it list him with only Hamlet and MacBeth? He has many other plays, you know...

Personally, I think people can read whatever they want out of things... Like looking at a painting... If one person wants to believe the artist intended it to express extreme sorrow, then he'll believe that. If another thinks the artist intended to express extreme joy, he'll believe that... They can both find things in the painting to back up their view of it...but how do we know the artist wasn't just trying to paint a picture of a cat?

Unrighteousvoid
03-26-2005, 05:29 PM
people are digging for answers. and hope to be able to predict the future, by any means possible. i cant see this "Bible code" as anything more than another attempt to explain the Past, Present, and Future

although i do strongly believe in God, i dont believe he would let people see the future. its the same as seeing the end of the earth. it will not be revealed, until it happens.