PDA

View Full Version : Manga and Anime-Whats it mean to you?

mistressmisha
03-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Konichiwa all! Every one here likes anime and manga, maybe even a video game or two. Maybe we think about it every day, maybe not, regardless, we like, if not love, it. Yet I always wonder "What does anime and manga mean to me?" If you think I'm crazy, well so be it. But I just want to ask. What does anime/manga mean to you? Is it important, part of every day? Does it play a role inwho you are and how you act?

My answer:

Anime and manga, they're my life almost. Sure there's school, and my friends (ya know who you are) but anime and manga fill up my life. When a series ends I'm always hoping for more to reach that unreachable dream of perfection. I just wicsh sometimes my life was a manga or anime, they always do such exciting things. It is deffinetally part of every day of my life. Weather I'm writing a fan-fic, reading a manga, or watching anime, itr's there. It plays a huge role in myself. Manga makes me more confident. it's something I can read if I feel alone and will cheer me up, and that makes EVERYONE happy. How I act is affected by anime and manga, I can be in a bad mood if something gloomy happened in Para-Kiss or in a Detective mood if I ws watching Spiral. It all depends.....

Tsuna Kadiri
03-20-2005, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say "Anime and Manga are my life", because they aren't. I enjoy a few animes, some more than others and am willing to watch different types of it. But what really got me into the whole thing was the art. The freedom to do whatever you want with a character (making them as outrageous or as normal as possible). I take my art quite seriously.. so I look at as many pictures as possible. Watching the form and movement of the characters. It helps me develop skills on how to observe, and then transform the image into something different. So that is mainly my purpose of watching anime. ^__^

Sodina
03-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Hmm...I really like anime. I believe that is has shaped my imagination, or maybe I was already like that and anime was just a way to catergorize or channel it. When I am watching, reading, drawing, singing songs of, or playing anime I really get into it. I find it very enjoyable, and nearly the perfect hobbie for me. So I guess it means a lot to me. It is a place where I can find enjoyment, and just get away from everything. I think it is really great how in anime anything can happen, just like in your dreams and imagination.

mistressmisha
03-21-2005, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say "Anime and Manga are my life", because they aren't. I enjoy a few animes, some more than others and am willing to watch different types of it. But what really got me into the whole thing was the art. The freedom to do whatever you want with a character (making them as outrageous or as normal as possible). I take my art quite seriously.. so I look at as many pictures as possible. Watching the form and movement of the characters. It helps me develop skills on how to observe, and then transform the image into something different. So that is mainly my purpose of watching anime. ^__^
I see, different for everyone....I supopse. ^.^

Die Tod von Euch
03-21-2005, 01:07 PM
I used to be a hardcore anime fan. EVERYTHING was about anime. Anime this, anime that... I've become much more of a casual fan to it. I don't watch much anime now.

Manga, however, is my crack. It is unwise to let me loose in a book store with money... Because I will blow over a hundred dollars on manga. Which, being a poor college student and needing that money for useful things like food and bills....this is a bad thing.

And you know... I guess you could say anime used to really be my life... Since it supported me... I mean, I worked at an anime store for a living, so anime is what put food on my table! Ha! But word of advice... Don't ever work at an anime store.

akuma=unmei
04-10-2005, 06:40 PM
well to me anime/manga r like my getta way from reality. it let's me explore my imagination and gives me lot's of ideas for stories i write. they r a part of my life but it doesn't control it ^-^

Doomsday082
04-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Dude(or Dudette),

I knew I liked You from the first time I saw you Sig. You rock! Your artistry is awesome. Keep up the good Work!!

Sincerely,

Teresa-chan019
09-13-2005, 08:22 PM
alright...I'm sorry to say this but in my opinion MANGA Rules and the Americanized Anime DROOLS! I mean they cut everything good out!!! I just got some uncut episodes and do you know they cut the stupidest things out!!! They cut out signs that said stuff like "Eat here tonight" and they cut the episodes short. Now I can understand them cutting out because of the "language" but still. And I understand them cutting out the kissing and stuff. But I still think MANGA is better than the Americanized Anime!!!! Stupid american dubbers!!!!!!!!

the_last_icarian
07-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Anime and manga... They mean a lot to me, because I feel that they are a very unique art and is worth dedicating your time and effort to!

-+Dark_hayabusa+-
08-01-2006, 07:54 AM
I think it's like a refreshing tool to me. I really like it. If no manga is released in a week, I'll get bored so easily!

Mamushi
08-01-2006, 08:42 AM
They're my 1/3 life source. I really get bored easily. And they cure my bored situation...

Princess Cupcake
08-01-2006, 08:57 AM
But word of advice... Don't ever work at an anime store.Why not work at an anime store? Wouldn't you get a discount?

I used to be a hardcore anime fan.I still am a hardcore anime fan. It's hobby to me, not a way of life. But it is one of the constants in my life. I go to the mall and blow all my cash on anime stuff too. I'm broke. And especially at Barns & Noble. I still can't believe I don't have a membership card there. O.o
But anyway, anime means a lot to me. I'm a complex person with multi personalities. Whenever you mention it, my nerdy, anime lovin' side shows. I don't worship it like some people do. But I am weird enough to be in love with an anime charactor. Which I am! And then my friend says I can't have dibs on an anime charactor because it's not real. It is so! He's mine! Rawr. Heh heh... look, there's the side I toldja 'bout. Hee hee.