PDA

View Full Version : Has anime ever made anybody intrested in Japan?

kazumaster
03-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Anime has made me want to learn japanese and go to japan.
I learned some Useful Expressions, Kanji,and the japanese alphabet from http://demonfox.com - links to them are below:

Japanese Alphabet (http://demonfox.com/page.php?id=294)
Useful Japanese Expressions (http://demonfox.com/page.php?id=470)
Kanji (http://demonfox.com/page.php?id=295)

vtang6788
03-17-2005, 10:07 PM
made me interested in japan cause some animes are in japanese.

DarkPrinceBman
03-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Well I was always into the japanese history and culture. I will not lie and say that after watching years of anime yes it has swayed me to wonder about the japanese even more.

mimiruchan
03-18-2005, 09:17 PM
I already liked Japan and was interested in their culture, their past...and i had watched anime for years, they kind of went hand in hand, yes it did make me more into japan, and yes now i do want to go there.
It also coaxed me into learning more Japanese, it also made me try Sushi ^.^
which i love http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Who wouldn't get be convinced into learning about something when you watch the culture or something you never knew before grabs your attention. I mean i fell in love with egypt after we studied it a bit in elementary school (gr 6..that was 3 years ago and i'm still in love with it ^.^)

Ami~chan
03-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Anime made me very interested in Japan; that first thing I ever cooked succsessfully was japanese food. I tried to learn Japanese, but it was kinda heart. My mind doesn't have the ability to memorize kanji for some reason.

I want to go toToyko one day though; that would be my dream honey moon/

DarkAngelGhostWriter
03-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Yes anime has made me interested in Japan a lot. SOmeday I want to go there and have soem fun and enjoy it emmensly. I can speak Japanese a little bit just not full sentences but I can learn.

Gjallarhorn
03-19-2005, 04:03 PM
its reverse for me. japan made me interested in anime.....then i wanted to learn the language because subtitles are really annoying....an i wouldnt have to look up the english lyrics to music.....

Regex
03-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I admit, i enrolled in a Japanese class because of the parts of Japanese culture that have seeped over here. For me it was mostly the video games, but also the anime as well.

But, having been interested in the country, i have learned a lot more about the culture that i like. I think Japan would be a fun place to visit.

Sword
03-21-2005, 02:56 PM
YES! ME! I have now, somehow, led myself to believe that all things great and wonderous come from Japan. All hail the robot toilets :awe:

Aisuru
03-21-2005, 03:14 PM
if it wasn't for anime i wouldn't be listening to Jpop music, if it wasn't for anime i wouldn't be dreaming of some day actually going to japan. yes anime has been a huge impact on me and it's hit me hard. my brother always tells me
"when you go to japan do you think when step'in foot onto ground you're gonna hear cute lil music and see magical super heros float around you? it's just as natual and normal as it is hear..so why bother go?"
Well because i like there language...:rolleyes: which i now study, and i believe that i can find more of what i am interested then these simple local music stores. Plus that magical cute lil super heros.:laugh:

~Aisuru~

~Pure Soul~
07-17-2006, 02:14 PM
I must admit that anime and mangas were the things that interested me the most about Japan.But I like the culture and music.The history and Geisha's!!So anime did interest me more but I still liked Japan.^^

Chariza
07-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Well yes in a way and no in another way...I've loved Japan ever since I first saw Sailor Moon. Untill now I've been studying real hard and looking info on Japan. One of my teacher's in 7th grade use to live in Tokyo,Japan....she told us many things about that and I really got into it more. so I have no clue why I want to go to Japan i just like the way the dress in there kimono's and the beautiful Sakura (wich is also know as Cherry Blossom).

Uno_Caste
07-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I've always dreamed to go to Japan and at least experience living there eversince I knew my first anime's Robotech and Gundam Wing. That was 8 years ago and 'til now Im still looking up to to that possibility. From Anime then Manga to Japanese Music and Technology...thats what I've liked most about Japan/Japanese for years and somehow learned about their culture and language(prolly, I'll take jap lessons this semestral break to understand and learned alot better about the langage, i just feel like doing it). Plus not to mention how I seemed to be in terms of looks and attitude. Truly, what an influence...amazing...

Alonely
07-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Anime itself didn't get me interested. Their technology impressed me. I just hope Japan gets some other recognition besides anime and video games, otherwise we'll have tons of anime freaks who will never be able to break out of their obsessions. I do like anime, but I don't go very far with it.

loko inuyasha
07-18-2006, 10:03 AM
it definatly made me interisted

Beautiful_Disaster
07-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Um,i've been intrested in Japan before i find about anime and manga

Matiron
07-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh yeah, it made me interested in Japan. How come North America can't come up with shows or even comics that cool? But, even before I found interest in anime, Final Fantasy made me want to go to Japan, and learn the language so I could play the games before they were released here.

Bittersweet
07-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah, after I started watching anime, I became more interested in Japan. I really want to go there.

TondemoNinja
07-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Anime/Manga made me interested in Japan and i am now learning the language slightly. My brother tells me im turning Japanese and my other brother tells me if i go to japan, it wont be a fantasy like the games and 'cartoons'.(He doesn't know anime!)

Anagoth9
07-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Watashi wa Nihon o suku. I've always been interested in Asian culture, specifically the far east: China, Japan, Mongolia, et. al. I think anime was more of a symptom than a cause. Anime did get me interested in Japanese cinema though. Gotta love old school samurai films.

Rowloman
07-18-2006, 04:36 PM
yah it has actually. after watching Anime i got intrested in there customs. (plus between you and me i want to see if there really is gorgeous space women piloting giant robots.)

Mamushi
07-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Yeah. it's interest me. I would like to go to Japan becoz of anime. But That won't happen...

chuunin7
07-19-2006, 06:51 AM
I began interested to Japan because of anime. Oh, yeah, and the manga too..