PDA

View Full Version : y doesnt anyone talk about invader zim?

Funny_popsicle
03-11-2005, 05:56 PM
man y doesnt anyon etalk about our hero invada zim, YOU HEARD???!!!???

Ollie
03-11-2005, 06:19 PM
probably because of topics like this.

Gjallarhorn
03-11-2005, 07:04 PM
probably becuase it was not an anime, and this is an anime site. it had stupid characters, had a stupid plot, and about 10 episodes before it was canceled.

Predator
03-11-2005, 07:11 PM
What's Invader Zim? Never heard of it.

Chibi Misao
03-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey, i like invader zim.Its really funny.Gir is really cute and crazy.:p

Sunpetmo tayt
03-12-2005, 11:44 AM
O.o *twitch* hello do u understand what anime means it is short for Japanese animation not wutever Invader zim is ok so does that answer your question? People here like anime and want to talk about anime not invader zim. *glares* and I find you talking about that stupid little childs show as an anime is and insult to all anime >.<

sorry but I am a huge anime fan and get mad when people try to degrade anime!!!!!!

Water Angel
03-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Awwww. I love that show. Grr is so cute, but it isn't anime so I would understand why people wouldn't talk about it.

Pakachu
03-12-2005, 12:00 PM
O.o *twitch* hello do u understand what anime means it is short for Japanese animation not wutever Invader zim is ok so does that answer your question? People here like anime and want to talk about anime not invader zim. *glares* and I find you talking about that stupid little childs show as an anime is and insult to all anime >.<

sorry but I am a huge anime fan and get mad when people try to degrade anime!!!!!!

[Japanese, short for animhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/emacr.gifshon, animation, from English animation.]
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=anime

sorry kikyo7, you lose...
have i ever mentioned how much i hate people who act all high and mighty?
I really hate to break it this you but anime is just animation, same as Zim same as Simpsons same as South Park same as Smurfs.

[BlackDeath]
03-13-2005, 03:10 PM
What's Invader Zim? Never heard of it.
YOU NEVER HEARD OF IT. Zim rules, one of the most funny things i've ever seen. And yes, GIR does own xD

Annik
03-13-2005, 03:15 PM
probably because of topics like this. As much as I like Invader Zim, I have to agree with this. ¬_¬

anbu-kakashi
03-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Ahh yes Invader Zim is a GREAT SHOW! to bad it got canceled.I guess because it all was getting to confusing. Its with the other canceled shows on Nick. Ren & Stimpy,Rocko's modern life (that was funny!) *sigh*

Die Tod von Euch
03-13-2005, 04:29 PM
probably becuase it was not an anime, and this is an anime site. it had stupid characters, had a stupid plot, and about 10 episodes before it was canceled.
Hah, yeah no.

Invader Zim has 27 episodes, and was not cancelled due to unpopularity. In fact, it's QUITE popular, but mostly amongst teens and young adults. It was cancelled because Jhonen Vasquez, the creater, did not want to do it anymore. Or so that is what I have heard. But, there was even a petition going around at one point to keep the show going. Nick wanted to keep it, but Vasquez did not. That's why several of the final episodes were not written by him.

The plot and characters are not stupid. See Sponge Bob Squarepants for that. The reason Zim is so popular amongst teens and adults is because it's dark humor, and often times has things that go over kids' heads. There are pointless silly parts in it, yes, but even those actually have a point. Which, I guess, would make them not pointless... Hm.

Jhonen Vasquez did a comic years before Zim called Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. He also did a spin-off of that around the time of Zim's creation called Squee! (and you can see Zim stuff hidden in it, as well as Zim's teacher Ms. Bitters). Another spin-off of JtHM he did was I Feel Sick. All of those share Invader Zim's style of humor, but are just an even darker shade. Invader Zim really isn't a child's show, if one actually takes the time to look at it.

gadgetgirl16
03-13-2005, 09:05 PM
i MISS that show! ive used to watch it every time it went on....i just cant belive that nick took all those shows off....i miss all of those gross shows....

[BlackDeath]
03-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Jhonen Vasquez did a comic years before Zim called Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. He also did a spin-off of that around the time of Zim's creation called Squee! (and you can see Zim stuff hidden in it, as well as Zim's teacher Ms. Bitters). Another spin-off of JtHM he did was I Feel Sick. All of those share Invader Zim's style of humor, but are just an even darker shade. Invader Zim really isn't a child's show, if one actually takes the time to look at it. There was another comic Jhonen done that i really liked and that was 'I Feel Sick' have you read that one? Now that's a dark comic for you.

I Love Elfy
03-13-2005, 09:21 PM
i love IZ

Die Tod von Euch
03-14-2005, 12:40 AM
There was another comic Jhonen done that i really liked and that was 'I Feel Sick' have you read that one? Now that's a dark comic for you.
Um...yeah, if you look in the section of text that you have quoted me saying, you'll see I mention I Feel Sick... o_O Yes, I've read that. I own it. I own it, JtHM, and Squee!... And some random thing called The Bad Art Collection or something...

Ukyo
03-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Invader zim isn't anime for a anime post board, it's off topic and had a bad story line to begin with anyway. It's story wasn't straight and it was a complete waste of time.

DownRight-eviL
03-14-2005, 12:58 AM
WHY!? I loved Invader Zim... I laughed my butt off!! T___T

Die Tod von Euch
03-14-2005, 01:20 AM
Invader zim isn't anime for a anime post board, it's off topic and had a bad story line to begin with anyway. It's story wasn't straight and it was a complete waste of time.
Hey, you know, Cowboy Bebop's plot wasn't straight, either. It was episodic, much like Zim. And also like Zim, it's incredibly popular. Zim did have an ongoing theme, however... Dib must attempt to stop Zim from destroying humanity. Also: Humanity is comprised of morons. The second was the main theme, I think, despite the "official" theme being more the first.

Please also note that Zim is not Japanese animation, as it is pointed out repeatedly, and even by you, Ukyo. It is American. Being such, it does not follow most of the anime formulas. It follows the American formulas. Most American cartoons are episodic. There's sometimes an ongoing theme, but for the most part they are random and one episode has nothing to do with another episode. It doesn't make them any less than the anime shows. It's just a different form of entertainment. It's a sitcom instead of a soap opera.

Nevaeh
03-14-2005, 03:02 AM
Well, I’m a very big fan of Jhonen Vasquez… Johnny the Homicidal manic is a really good comic with thoughtful opinions and a great storyline. Invader Zim I like as well… I really miss it. It was funny in a way that you hardly see… and my favorite character was Dib.

kaisen
03-14-2005, 03:24 AM
invader zim is a cartoon... some of the characters are disgusting

Azreal Hellfire
03-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Invader Zim isn't an anime... although it is awesome

Katie 80
03-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Invader Zim rules! Johnen Vasquez is one of my many personal gods.

Die Tod von Euch
03-14-2005, 02:48 PM
...All you people who miss it do realize the entire thing has been released on DVD, right?...

Pakachu
03-14-2005, 04:00 PM
heh, my friend bought the box set a few weeks ago... havent been able to get the poor girl out of the house yet O_o.

oh and by the way, all you anime nazi's whine'n that Zim isn't anime... no one cares.

[BlackDeath]
03-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Um...yeah, if you look in the section of text that you have quoted me saying, you'll see I mention I Feel Sick... o_O Yes, I've read that. I own it. I own it, JtHM, and Squee!... And some random thing called The Bad Art Collection or something... Gah, i missed that! Something i liked was these little comics of Filler Bunny, now they were class. Pages of some little bunny get tortured in many different ways.

Ninja Hatake Kakashi
03-14-2005, 11:21 PM
i hate invader zim

Die Tod von Euch
03-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Invader Zim hates you, Ninja Hatake Kakashi. So it all works out.

Black Death...yeah. Filler Bunny is adorable. He's actually hidden in one of the Zim episodes, you know. "Dark Harvest," at the very beginning. He's in a jar.

Elfy
03-15-2005, 03:08 AM
I've never seen it can I ask what it's about??

anbu-kakashi
03-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Its about an alien that tries to take over Earth.Well you could imagine what kind of adventures they have

[BlackDeath]
03-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I can't remember the names of the episodes so you're gonna have to like describe some scenes to me. I gotta see that sometime though. Do you know how many Filler Bunny comics there are cause i've only been able to find 2 or is that all there is... Death Muffin?

GAH, this is like the 3rd time its done it now, it doesn't say that i'm the last poster!

kaisen
03-21-2005, 03:26 AM
invader zim is a little...... weird
no one realises that zim is an alien??? It's sooooo obvious!!

Daenerys
03-21-2005, 03:34 AM
Invader Zim isn't even on TV anymore, is it?

kaisen
03-21-2005, 03:37 AM
no it's not on anymore... i was also getting tired of it too

lucifer666
03-21-2005, 10:02 AM
i don't like zim at all, maybe thats why...

rmb199
03-21-2005, 10:53 AM
zim was the greatest....dont know why they took it off the air....it was mad funny....oh an japanese people to actually animate and color it so it actually kinda is anime anyways.....just in different form

o'neilll
03-21-2005, 11:28 AM
its not gone, i saw it on nick. just yesterday :ninja:

invader zim RULES

read my siggy!!!!

it says it! INVADER ZIM RULES! :awe:
it is to good to come off the air! :ooh:

dib is so good, he'll hack onto the tv station and put it back on if they take it off, MWAHAHAHAHAHA.....HACK>>>cough, im chockin....blah :ninja:

Die Tod von Euch
03-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Black Death-- Dark Harvest is the episode where Zim keeps stealing peoples organs and replacing them with...stuff. According to slavelabor.com (the publishing company's website), there are two Filler Bunny comics released, but a new one is due this month.

Yes, I think Invader Zim still airs sometimes... It just doesn't have any new episodes. I already explain in a previous post why that is...

rmb199, it's animated and such by Koreans, not Japanese... They talk about it in the extras on the DVDs... Not that this makes it much different from anime, mind you, since most anime is actually animated by Koreans, too....