PDA

View Full Version : HardCore: The Armored Core Thread

Nineteenth
03-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey Armored Core Fans... I know there are some out there.. oo

I'll be blunt, what's your favorite Armored Core game?
Tell all!...

What makes your core tick?! What is your tactic? Do you run and gun? Or do you plan ahead? Add your core designs... how pretty or gaudy is it?

Well... Let's see.

My favorite Armored Core games are .. Armored Core 2 and Silent Line : Armored Core 3, Armored Core : Nexus, Armored Core Project Phantasma.

My core design is for expert players, or people who know how to make every shot count.

Pilot Name :Reg
A.C Name: TrueDeciver
Game the Core is intended to be used in :Armored Core 2

Parts required to make:
Head:ZHD-GE/OHR
Core: ECL-ONE
Arms: ZAN-303/S
Legs:ZLN-EKI/SRRT
Booster:ZBT-ZI/ARTERE
FCS:DOX-PG2
Generator: HOY-B999
Radiator:RBG-CM6
Inside:None
Extension:None
Back Unit R: EM-SD120 (Ammo Clip)
Back Unit L : EM-SD120 ( Ammo Clip)
Arm Unit R : ZWG-HG/111 (Handgun, 140 Shots.)
Arm Unit L: ZLS-T/100 ( Lazer Blade.. Drop it if you need the extra 130 speed point..)

Optional Parts: SP-s/SCR (Improves Solid Def)
SP-ENE-SCR( Improves Energy Def.)
SP-BCNDR (more generator power)
SP-CIR-K( Better turning)
Sp-BFS-LOSP ( Faster lock on)
SP-CBRK ( Better Braking.)

Paint Job

General Color Options.
Base . Red 200, Blue ,200, Green 200
Aid, Red 0, Blue 0, Green 0
Optional Color : Red 0 , BLue 0, Green 0
Detail Color: Red 200 ,Blue 0 , Green 0
Joint Color: Red 95, Blue 95, Green 95.

It looks like a Kyuyuuuutee Kola bear . <3 Plus.. the clips have a heart like shape on them.. >>
In the end.. you'll get an A.C with only 7281 A.P and is rated below average. Now... go try it out against the Arena( Can defeat anyone except Aries and Matthias.. Wonder why?) and real people .=D

Now here come the fun part. NEVER stop moving, ( Have you SEEN what an Laser canon can do to this thing in a direct hit?) and never take to the air ; but if you do , never land flat; ALWAYS land boosting or you'll stick the landing like a gymnastic team player. One more thing. Never let anyone get behind you, you get behind them and umm.. scratch their back with your Beamsword as much as you please. <3

This A.C loses something in each Armored core game though.. ;.; and it is almost useless in Armored Core :Nexus.

Come on people.. Share you Coreyness. oo

Predator
03-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I've played the game its pretty awesome..but im to lazy to post my...core's info

Scythe_Bomber
03-02-2005, 10:49 AM
i have a good one for silent line. i don't remember the parts i only rented it. i own master of arena and can get that guy's stats. any way with silent line i used a left hand machine gun and a right hand machine gun(500 or 1000 ammo usually) and i use the core attack helper thing all at once. then i retreat to cool down and recharge, then go with another burst. i used a hover piece like an oval. i'll have toi get silent line again and remember my core. it also had that one piece on the shoulder that emits a blue ball and u get 10 shots, and when you hit a guy it can do 500-2000 damage depending on other core's stats.

Italian_Thug
03-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Hmm, I liked the ones for ps 1

Vex
03-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Everyone is a great game giving better stuff each time although if they made a new version of NExus with online play (WOW) that would be great. for my ac i normally go with something very fast and maneuverable, preferably with standard legs none of that quad stuf or reverse joint :P. Plenty of ammo good computer stats and da most powerful blade i can stick on it.

/Aifa|
03-03-2005, 02:11 AM
AC2 was ok, but all the guns were too similar. So i got bored of it quickly. I would prefer the series to be ported to the PC, i hate fps on the console....and yeah, i know you can use third person but i dont like third person.

Nineteenth
03-03-2005, 02:44 AM
It get's like that slowly, yet ironically. If you test out each weapon, some like the handgun mentioned above do...rather funny things to enemy A.Cs.

Armored Core: Nexus with an online function =No real reason to ever see sunlight again, except for returning books and buying more Armored Core games.
Speaking of A.C games, anyone tempted to buy Formula Front right now before it's released in english? oo.. I am dying to do it, since the store around here has it for only 44.95... Japanese.

Vash_2007
05-01-2005, 08:31 PM
It was a awosme game only played it for like 10 mins at a freinds house.

spawn
05-02-2005, 12:45 AM
armored core 2 for the ps2 was the best!!!

Nineteenth
06-22-2005, 11:55 PM
http://www.agetec.com/products.asp?MyView=Coming+Soon&ProductID=146&&ProductName=Armored+Core%3A+Nine+Breaker

Finally AC: Ninebreaker will be released in a few months! Sure, it's another expansion but on the japanese site there is a photo for the latest edition Sniper Rifle, with amazingly range and the attack power of Gods.

The only down side is that it only has TWO shots, that's two less than the parrying blade with more power and 10 times the range.

Mousie
06-23-2005, 03:16 AM
i have the one for ps 1 and it was awsome
too lazy to put all in formation

Nineteenth
08-03-2005, 12:21 PM
As sited from IGM...

The ninth entry in the Armored Core Series is now in development over at From Software. For this ninth entry in the series, From has chosen the decidedly Japanese name of Nine Breaker as a sub title. It's not as cool a name as Nexus or Formula Front, but it's probably a bit cooler than Another Age</I>.

Actually, the name Nine Breaker has nothing to do with this being the ninth entry in the series. Armored Core: Nine Breaker (http://ps2.ign.com/objects/693/693774.html) brings back the super strong "Nine Ball" mech who appeared in the original PlayStation Armored Core. Those who can defeat "Nine Ball" (which likely means you if you see the end credits of Nine Breaker) are labeled as the true most powerful mech around, the "Nine Breaker."

In Armored Core: Nine Breaker, players play through two main modes of play: training mode and arena mode. Training mode features 150 programs that test players' skills. Players can try out programs that focus on attack, defense, movement, "technic," "special" and "overall." Each of these areas are further divided, with attack comprised of multiple tests in accuracy, power, judgment, "hit - single" and "hit - melee."

Arena mode is a battle mode in which players take on other mechs in battle. Your goal is to attain the number one ranking amongst all mechs. For the most part, mechs are randomly generated, meaning you'll find yourself fighting against a different opponent every time you play. The higher ranking mechs are all pre-made, though. Battles take place in a variety of stages and feature a variety of clearing conditions.

Mech modification, the series' bread and butter, is of course featured heavily in Nine Breaker. Players can make all the expected modifications to their mechs, from new guns to a new paint job, selecting from the largest set of parts yet seen by the series. The game's garage mode has been updated with a new look, red in tone to match the look of the Armored Core: Nine Breaker logo. Those who played through Armored Core: Nexus, the last entry in the Armored Core Series, will be pleased to learn that they won't have to start over from scratch once Armored Core: Nine Breaker sees release. Nine Breaker will be compatible with save data from Nexus. We presume this will mean the mech you worked so hard to make in Nexus will be usable from the start in Nine Breaker
Also. From the Dengenkionline.com

The フロム software announcing new work action game ' justice sutra hero transmission ' and ' the AC ' up-to-date work! The フロム software this day July 26th, the new work software ' ARMORED for PS2 CORE NINE BREAKER ' and ' justice sutra hero transmission ' made that it sells clear. First, ' ARMORED CORE NINE BREAKER ', freely you make your own sufficient mechanic combining the part, unfold the hot battle ' the ARMORED CORE ' series up-to-date work. Wide strategy can be learned from the foundation to application, while "training" mode and other レイヴン and it confronts in 1 to 1 clearing "arena" mode, you aim toward the apex of ranking. ' NINE BREAKER ', the many new part is added, previous production ' ARMORED CORE NEXUS ' the data is taken over and it has become possible to play. In addition, when also the WEB ranking which the other prayer competes the result "of training" mode is executed, it is thing. As for sale schedule of this fall. On the one hand the battle action game where ' justice sutra hero transmission ', it operates the hero "source justice sutra" in history, leads the small-numbered unit and keeps pushing down the enemy with the numerous "commando operation". While with cutting down the enemy "justice sutra" itself, it keeps making the indication such as "assaulting" and "overpowering" to support unit. With this game, "at the colorful battlefield, to today is handed down being able to experience the famous episode which charm. Sale adjusts to the start of televising the big river drama, "justice sutra" has become 2005 January schedule. Refreshing action only of the フロム software enjoys may the new work title 2. Of course, also the person of the action game lover probably will observe the fan of the series of the same company to both titles! ' ARMORED CORE NINE BREAKER ' * manufacturer: フロム software * corresponding type: PS2 & genre: ACT * sale day: 2004 fall * price: Undecided ' Justice sutra hero transmission ' * manufacturer: フロム software * corresponding type: PS2 & genre: ACT * sale day: 2005 January * price: Undecided * Related sight フロム software

More advanced AI, something I've been looking forward to since AC3:SL!

Wandering Samurai
08-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Well I like the old AC2. my mech is just like the number one spot ac in the beginning of the game but it has some twecks so it's even stronger. Pm me to see what they are.

Nineteenth
09-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Ninebreaker was released on the 13th! = )

This Armored Core does'nt have the standard fair of missions like the rest.

What this armored core has.. .:

A new randomly generated Armored Core Arena, complete with everything you could ask for from the games AI.

The Training Missions, the meat and bones of this Armored Core Expansion.
You now have to hone your skills with various and plentiful mind wrecking and skill pushing tests.

From the ones I've unlocked , they only get harder and harder and harder. Which is awesome in my viewpoint.

This Armored Core is not for those who want the typical missions.

Razor Clarence
10-27-2005, 01:27 AM
:) My brothers and I certainly like Armored Core. I'm too lazy to imput my AC info including my big brother's but he beated the all of the PS2's Armored Cores but I know he has all the parts in the game. Armored Core Nine Breaker and the new Armored Core The Last Raven may put an end to the series but it will never be forgotten. KEEP IT Up AGETEC!!!! :grinjump: :dancing: :groupwave :bounce: