PDA

View Full Version : Quiet moment

red storm
02-28-2005, 10:25 AM
It's been a while since I last made a wall, but I've done a lot of signatures in between so I was thinking: hey, how hard can it be to go from small signatures to wallpapers?

Hard.

Where you can let small errors stay in a signature where they won'r be noticed, a wall is way to detailed for that to happen. Anyway, I know it's not as great a wall as most wallpaper veterans are coughing up, so comments are welcome. Tips and advices on how to improve even more ^_^

Xian Pu
02-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Nice concept but my gripes with it are that the BG and characters seem out of synch with one another and the characters seem a smidge blurry. Hrm... Dunno how to remedy either but... yeah.

____
02-28-2005, 03:10 PM
It seems a bit too bright. Try toning it down a bit.

Italian_Thug
02-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Well, Im not that picky, but I say good job... anything that you think needs improvement, go ahead and do it, but nice work

escaflownemoon
02-28-2005, 03:36 PM
First thing there take out that lens flare. I agree with Xian about the bg and the characters..they don't compliment each other by colour. Try getting a better bg that have a more CG look to it. Did you make that blanket covering her foot? If you did or didn't anyway, looks unrealistic and awkward of how its laying over her foot. So I suggest placing a shadow underneathe..I hope I wasn't too picky. ^^;

red storm
03-01-2005, 01:30 AM
On the contrary, sugestions on how to improve are greatly apreciated. Thanks:)

MistressPookyChan
03-01-2005, 01:57 AM
I think the background should be a bit softer. Also, I do not like that blanket. It looks too fake.

red storm
03-01-2005, 02:35 AM
I know, but the blanket is neccesarry. You see, when I extracted the picture, Miina was missing the larger part of her leg and a left piece of the pillow. Although I managed to repair most of the damage (the pillow turned out really nice) Miina's foot is beyond my current artistic skill.

BTW, how would you suggest I soften the background?

MistressPookyChan
03-01-2005, 07:31 AM
The blanket is ok, but i think it needs more folds and stuff. or... how about moving her further right so her leg goes off the wallpaper?

To soften things up, I would blur it a bit. The characters look blurred, but the background looks very sharp.