PDA

View Full Version : Sob!

Ollie
02-21-2005, 05:05 PM
so, some of you may have been wondering where I have been the past few days...

see, it's like this.

my computer had some sort of...defunction. I turned it off and it was working fine. A little bit later, my dad turns it back on, and it won't load fully. It doesn't freeze or anything, just stops loading before it reaches the desktop, so we can't even figure out what is wrong with it.

what was really really bad is I never made any backups of ANY of my files. AT ALL. And I have tons of music and artwork, not to mention unfinished digital art! D=}

so, two days ago my parents went to a friends' place up in Canada, because our buddy worked as a computer repairman for several years and thinks he can help. Can't really fix it, but he manages to copy all of our files onto something, clears our harddrive, installs Windows XP Pro, and puts our stuff back [or something]. blah blah blah...it's all working now.

but I am sad. Why?

Because all of the fonts I downloaded have been lost! AND MY PHOTOSHOP BRUSHES! *cries like a little baby*

but, we may face more problems; we already have. So, if I disappear again without any word...you'll know why [aimed specifically at admins]

Moved_to_new_account
02-21-2005, 06:32 PM
well, we'll miss you while ur nopt here. Hope everything works out whispers

Die Tod von Euch
02-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Holy crap, that sucks!!!! O_O Um... I wish you the best, hon... Hope things stop messing up...hope you are able to replace the brushes and fonts... I can understand how that would be frustrating, yes... Actually went through something similar where I had to copy all of my files and re-install the operating system because the computer fudged up....and lost all my fonts and things, too... But, it worked out. It'll work out for you. You'll see. Yes yes. ^_^