PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy x-2 was changed

enjio
02-17-2005, 07:59 PM
out of all the games they had to go and change final fantasy x-2, wich i find stupid. Them adding guns to it was stupid and changing it into a mission format was also dumb. other than that it was pretty good

nivek5
02-17-2005, 08:18 PM
agree here man that was a stupid move

[BlackDeath]
02-18-2005, 08:46 AM
The absoulote failure, blasphemy to name of Square-Enix, i was so appauled by this, i felt that the people who made this should be put on trial and sentenced to death. They thought that adding a charlies angel theme in the game would make it a huge success, and scantily clad females, well loads of males bought it for that reason alone i bet, oh mustn't forget the pop-idol thing, made me wanna throw up although the song was ok in some ways. The last puzzle was fricken annoying though with the musical tones! FFX-2, the first TRUE sequal to a Final Fantasy Game. I'd have to agree with most poeple that it is just an RPG full of a LOT of sidequests. Yuna's character design is nice, and it was great to see her come out of her shell (though most guys prefer the timid and shy Yuna from X), and Rikku is as bubbly as ever. Paine was always labeled that "Gothic" chick from most of my friends, but throughtout the story she evolves and has a little soft side to her. The only thing i did actually like about it was the OST!

enjio
02-18-2005, 08:58 AM
yeh i know it was a horrible change

Hotsuma
02-18-2005, 09:00 AM
IT was a pretty good game to me and it had a very good ending. I dont think it was a horrible change.

Missy
02-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Okay, yeah i think it is targeting the male audience... i mean, whats with the revealing outfits?... no girl wants to play an RPG with a girls booty cheek in her face.. or breasts hangin out of a tiny bikini top... ehh. i didnt really like it much... Japanese guys are so perverted... haha.. coming up with these pointless sequels to classic FF series... Yes, the whole Charlies Angels theme was rather cheesy... I didnt really enjoy the whole dress sphere bit either.... its like watching an RPG-enhanced Sailormoon show...... BLAH... it was okay tho....

enjio
02-18-2005, 09:11 AM
thats true but i still think they made a big change to it with the guns and only girls

[BlackDeath]
02-18-2005, 09:16 AM
Satoru Ishigami - Dude, the game had like 7 different endings, was there any specific one you mean or just in general!?

Aeris - Well being a male en all that didn't bother me, course i like women but i didn't like the game, i just hated it, i hated it before it was released and after playing it i hated it even more. It was different i give you that... but not in a good way!!

enjio
02-18-2005, 09:20 AM
yeh i now i think they should have just had one ending

Missy
02-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Two endings would have been fine.. a good ending and bad ending.... no need for little changes n such... =P

And yea, Black Death, i was just stating my opinion from a ladies perspective.. ^^; i mean, i got tired of seeing Rikku's thong strings hangin out and all that other stuff... it just didnt interest me... *shrugs*

[BlackDeath]
02-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, was different seeing Rikku having that thong string thing, i mean, she seemed so young, so innocent, pfft...girls these days, they seem to be getting younger and wearing those pieces of string! As for endings, wasn't so bad, was actually something i liked about it, although it could've had a better variety of endings. Who in the world would wanna see that Tidus, if i was Yuna i'd move on and forget about him, he's a loser -LOL-

DarkMagicianGirl
02-18-2005, 11:10 AM
I agree they shouldn't have added the guns they shouuld have stuck with the wand or something different hat still kept the theme of that time period. Laters. *waves*

[BlackDeath]
02-18-2005, 12:17 PM
The guns weren't the problem, it's just the system and how they were used is!

red storm
02-19-2005, 04:19 AM
Wait wait wait, what are you people whining about with the guns? I remember guns in FFX! Granted, only the baddies used them but still. Then there is FF7, Vincent uses a gun and Barret even has one built onto his arm! FF8 also used guns heck, they used swords fused with guns so I don't see the problem.

I agree FFX-2 was a bad game though, the mission structure was totally inapropriate for a FF game.

MistaCloudStrife
02-19-2005, 04:22 AM
Mission Structure was similar to Final Fantasy Tactics... and tactics was great IMO... Do yeah... =P

[BlackDeath]
02-20-2005, 06:18 AM
It was awkward, you had no freedom to do anything in that game, the missions were dull, boring and easy also. getting 100% isn't that hard also, it's the easiest FF out there i thought!

Yes Barret did have a gun in his arm, but who likes him anyway -ROFL- and the gunblades, the don't even have barrels, sure since it's FF anything is possible, the bullets can even be fired from there *** if they wanted it to -LMAO-

I'm Ol' Gregg
02-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Well I really liked FFX-2, but it is a matter of opinion. I thought the mission style, was something new and refreshing to a final fantasy game and the fact that they were all female and had dress sphere attracted another audience.

All in all, yay!! in my book!!

*sits on book*

red storm
02-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Yes Barret did have a gun in his arm, but who likes him anyway -ROFL- and the gunblades, the don't even have barrels, sure since it's FF anything is possible, the bullets can even be fired from there *** if they wanted it to -LMAO-
I'm just saying, it's weird to see people complaining about the guns in X-2, and even calling it a 'bad addition' when there were already guns in other Final Fantasys.

nivek5
02-21-2005, 04:19 PM
did the gunblades actully shoot? i though the gun part was gest there for show (and yes i played ffVII all the way though)

[BlackDeath]
02-21-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm just saying, it's weird to see people complaining about the guns in X-2, and even calling it a 'bad addition' when there were already guns in other Final Fantasys.
Well before there wasn't much focus on guns, it was just treated as another weapon but now they changed that. There were techniques specifically for guns, like that one where everyone would go trigger happy button bashing that R1 button, and also Dress Spheres like the Gunmage for example. But you have to admit, they were pretty crappy!

did the gunblades actully shoot? i though the gun part was gest there for show (and yes i played ffVII all the way though)
Yes they did, it would make your attack somewhat more powerful than your standard one, you would have to press R1 in time with your attack. As your blade would hit the enemy then you press it, another pointer would be as soon as you hear the SFX then you tap the button

enjio
02-21-2005, 09:29 PM
yeh they were pretty crappy

Missy
02-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Well I really liked FFX-2, but it is a matter of opinion. I thought the mission style, was something new and refreshing to a final fantasy game and the fact that they were all female and had dress sphere attracted another audience.

All in all, yay!! in my book!!

*sits on book*
PEACH!! lol.. when did u join here?!... I was like whoa... its her!.. haha.. XD...

Sword
02-22-2005, 01:05 PM
it was too.........happy. What happened to the cool dark stories about loss, tragedy and the fate of the world being at steak. :<_<:

enjio
02-22-2005, 03:19 PM
i dont now i would really like to now

Fantasy fighter
02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
You can't really blame square-enix to try adding some new flavour to the FF series. I mean, if it was up to me FF would be in the constitution but some guys were kinda fed up with the same concept all the time. About the revealing outfits... you have to admit that the videogame industry is about 90% guy oriented.

3scaflowne
02-22-2005, 06:22 PM
i liked ff but there were to may endings and i think pple like ff the way it is

I'm Ol' Gregg
04-12-2005, 01:29 PM
PEACH!! lol.. when did u join here?!... I was like whoa... its her!.. haha.. XD...

It's me alrighty!! I joined here ages ago and have decided to start posting again for all to enjoy!! *hugs*

I don't blame Square for trying out seomthing new and it seems to have created a buzz about the game because everyone had a different view on it. The idea of a sequel to a game was good enough for me and I liked the fact it carried on the story from ffx but the battle system, missions, stroy and characters were toally different from the original!

I thought it rocked!!! :D