PDA

View Full Version : Any new magical girl anime?

ganymede
02-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Latest ones have been tokyo mew mew(fairly new), mermaid melody, and pretty cure. I've seen those and dislike them because they get more and more childish. All you need to see are 2 episodes from pretty cure and you get bored and know all about the whole season. I miss the mature content from Sailor Moon and CCS. I'm not asking to thrown in more homosexuality and nudity, just damn the latest anime are all the same and more childish.

Innotech
02-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Magical Meow Meow Taruto is coming out soon (and Ill buy it because its cute) but its definitely not for an older audience (yet I still buy the stuff at 22 so sue me ^^)

Aside from that...well I dont know about SPECIFICALLY mahou shoujo, but theres a really nifty show finally coming on DVD called Maburaho. Its a harem style show (think Love hina meets Harry Potter) Lots of fanservice in it and some crude humor, so Id say its more adult than kiddie. But it does have a lot of Magic involved. If you are also up for an older show perhaps, check out the recently released boxset of Fancy LAla. ITs a very good mahou shoujo about a girl who becomes Fancy Lala, a 15-17 year old idol singer. Its definitely cute, which is of course why I watched it ^^.

If youve seen that you can check out Nurse Witch Komugi (and the currently unlicensed fansubbed Magikarte Z TV series). Very over hte top cute but plenty of nudity and jokes for a slightly older demographic. Definitely not rated G stuff ^^().

DarkMagicianGirl
02-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Well I don't know those anime but I do know of one new magic girl anime and it's called W.I.T.C.H. It's about a group of girls who have mysterious elemental powers and have to learn to master them and to work together. And the main chracter has special power that the bad guy once but the girl is unaware of yet. It's seemes pretty good to me.

Princess__Bunny
02-21-2005, 10:50 AM
that sounds exactly like Sailor Moon

ancientsilence
03-11-2005, 11:59 PM
I've heard of W.I.T.C.H. It's actually an American show, so if you go by the anime defintion of "animation from Japan", it's not actually anime. Sorry, ganymede, can't think of any magical girl animes that are new that aren't meant for younger people (as in children).

viperson
04-03-2005, 10:28 PM
well theres this new stupid show called prinsess tutu but its really stupid :samurai: :samurai: :photo: :photo:

Vash_2007
04-30-2005, 01:02 PM
It sounds alot like Sailer Moon.

Corina
05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
W.I.T.C.H. is an American anime. It is okay but it really reminds me of Sailor Moon. And another magical girl anime is Mew Mew Power which is like sailor moon's twin but it think it's better than sailor moon >.<

Saq
05-08-2005, 08:44 PM
guys n galz you must watch The Winx Club. Its the GREATEST anime ever. Rent it out, steal a copy, watch it on tv in shops.. just DONT MISS IT. PLEASE. ^_^

MangaAngel
05-11-2005, 10:44 AM
that sounds exactly like Sailor MoonIt's only like SM in that it's a group of girls with powers that fight bad guys. The girls from W.I.T.C.H. have no connection to the planets, they're from the earth, not the moon, and they really are regular teenagers, not reborn princesses. Although there actually is one more similarity: the main girl in W.I.T.C.H. has a very powerful *crystal* that the bad guy wants. I like the show tho, it's pretty cool (even if it is American;))!

FallenDevil
05-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Mabuharu, its a definite Adult one((its rated TVMA, yes i have seen the first episode)) Immeditely you know its a Adult show cause about 7 minutes into it you see a bunch of Jr.High looking((Highschool maybe, i dunno they all basicly look teh same in anime)) basicly nude, and withing 20 minutes the main character's basicly getting raped from this one which, trying to get killed by another, and this girl he knew at one point wants to marry him. XD its pretty funny, Its more Comedy then anything but they do show explosions and crud, From what i saw it diddn't have nudity ((they never said anything for nudity when they said it was TVMA, although it was under TV G wtf?)) it basicly just has alot of skimpy clothing, upskirts ect. Oh and explosions. XD nuff said, if i find out anymore i'll post them.

jhonnyramone
05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
where did u see that?

anime_Geek
08-18-2005, 05:21 AM
mew mew power can never be better than sailor moon corina and mermaid melody pich pichi pitch and mew mew power is coooooooooooooooool

anime_Geek
08-18-2005, 05:24 AM
soorry to be mean but WINX CLUB SUX I HATE IT ITS NOT EVEAN AN ANIME ITS JUST AN ANIME RIP OF IT WILL GIVE U GUYZ NIGHTMARES

anime_Geek
08-21-2005, 03:17 AM
W.I.T.C.H is kooooool its darker side of the winx club but much cooooooool why do u guyz evan like winx club its just stupied faries that transform and they flutter their winx is should be named after blooooom club cuz blooom is under so much of a spotlight of forget it what i just said go and get butter opcorn and watch magical doremi

Goken
04-22-2006, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=FallenDevil]Mabuharu, its a definite Adult one((its rated TVMA, yes i have seen the first episode)) Immeditely you know its a Adult show cause about 7 minutes into it you see a bunch of Jr.High looking((Highschool maybe, i dunno they all basicly look teh same in anime)) basicly nude, and withing 20 minutes the main character's basicly getting raped from this one which, trying to get killed by another, and this girl he knew at one point wants to marry him. XD its pretty funny, Its more Comedy then anything but they do show explosions and crud, From what i saw it diddn't have nudity ((they never said anything for nudity when they said it was TVMA, although it was under TV G wtf?)) it basicly just has alot of skimpy clothing, upskirts ect. Oh and explosions. XD nuff said, if i find out anymore i'll post them.[/QUOTE

Where can I watch Maburaho and on which site?

Goken
04-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey AncientSinlence tho pics you have on your post what anime are they from?

fimbulvinter
04-22-2006, 12:00 PM
ah, petite princess yucie is kind of new, it isn't very adult though, but i liked it.

CandyCheck
04-22-2006, 01:57 PM
And Gakuen alice is so best even if its about a 10 years old girl, its fantastic but the subbers are so slow to make it the last subbed episode (15) came out last year...

~*May Fan*~
06-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Those animes you already said besides those animes are so kawaii though quite immuture.

Rabbit Demon
06-14-2006, 06:57 AM
You should she JC The Ninja Girl the girl transforms into a ninja so it is Magical girl.

A True Friend
09-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Gotta agree I hate the winx but w.i.t.c.h. is nice new magical girl anime ummm....you betta watch w.i.t.c.h. season 2 and winx season 3 but these are not actual animes but watch miss kuttai methi for a change! ^^

Ichigo_30382
12-09-2006, 05:45 PM
how bout Mahoromatic that is complete adult

Aura of the Twilight
12-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Ummmm I'm not sure how new it is but I think it's fairly new. Kazikage Kaitou Jeanne is pretty good so far. It's more mature than Mew Mew Power that's for sure.

P.S. like people have said before W.I.T.C.H. is an american production hence is a cartoon but not technically anime.

Ichigo_30382
12-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I agree that k.k.j is more mature than t.m.m

小美ドクロchan
12-10-2006, 05:42 PM
well theres this new stupid show called prinsess tutu but its really stupid :samurai: :samurai: :photo: :photo:

oh my god

you did NOT just say that. That anime is a MASTERPIECE! Princess Tutu is beautiful, sophisticated, deep, mysterious, intelligent, tragic, and best of all NON-CLICHE. And it is very mature-there's blood, nudity and suggestive relationships and it's very very dark sometimes. I'm guessing you don't know a good magical girl anime when you see one. -_-

DON'T LISTEN TO viperson! DON'T! This show is AMAZING!:) Watch it! Watch it NOW!

Ummmm I'm not sure how new it is but I think it's fairly new. Kazikage Kaitou Jeanne is pretty good so far.

Okay it's KAMIKAZE Kaitou Jeanne (2000-2001) and yes, it's a great magical girl show but only because it comes from an even greater manga.;)

You may also want to try Pretear. It's definitely more mature with a couple of sexual jokes because JUNICHI SATO'S A PERVERT!! >=P

Princess Hoshi
12-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I would say Kamichama Karin. It is really cute and is also created by the person who created DiGi Charat. I only have the first manga of it, but I enjoy it so far! ^-^ I read the first manga for Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, and I really enjoyed it too. =)

Also, W.I.T.C.H or Winx Club is not a magical girl Anime. They just share characteristics of being Anime.

小美ドクロchan
12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I would say Kamichama Karin. It is really cute and is also created by the person who created DiGi Charat. ^-^ I read the first manga for Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, I read the first manga and I really enjoyed it. =)

Kamichama Karin is ROXXZORS! There's an anime coming too. I can't wait!!:laugh:

Cure_Violet
01-01-2007, 04:23 PM
A new Pretty Cure series is coming next month! It's called Yes! Pretty Cure 5.
Sue me if you don't like PreCure... I'm the only one that likes it 'round here...
The only one...

It's targeted at girls 7-12.

AngelMiki
01-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Ultra Maniac!!! It came out in 2005, it's SO good!! :) I recommend everyone that loves Magical Girls anime to watch it!!! <3

♥Maiden.Cookie♥
01-31-2007, 07:40 AM
JC the Ninja girl is new.

小美ドクロchan
01-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Here's a very new show:Saint October. I've only seen the first ep but it's quite magical girlish. There are three girls. The main character's transformation is odd and unique. I've never seen anything like it. =O
...oh yes, and she fights with a sword. =D

JC the Ninja girl is new. Eh, Jubei-chan? Nah that's been out there for a while, both seasons. People just don't know it that well. It's one of those underrated shows.

Kit Katy
01-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Power Puff girl Z is pretty new an all. I've been thinking of getting some of the dvds when they get on amazon...that is if they go on amazon

AngelMiki
03-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Eee Kit Katy I luv yer sig! Yucie ROCKS! ^_^

Speaking of Yucie, Petite Princess Yucie is a Magical Girl anime that is somewhat new. And it is VERY cute, too! :D And the storylines are good as well. The characters are loveable and funny, and the art is soo cute! ^^

Winter_Waffle
03-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Happiness! is somehow old (2006) but its fun and the chara is a cutie ^^

AngelMiki
04-09-2007, 09:30 PM
And also Princess Tutu is a Magical Girl anime series. I haven't seen it yet but my friend, Brittany has. She says it's really good! :)

doggit
04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm about to watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS. There's only to episodes out so far though...

Ginny Weasley
04-21-2007, 11:00 PM
guys n galz you must watch The Winx Club. Its the GREATEST anime ever. Rent it out, steal a copy, watch it on tv in shops.. just DONT MISS IT. PLEASE. ^_^

Winx club is NOT anime. I get so tired of hearing people say that.