PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite Fighting Game?

Hotsuma
02-11-2005, 10:02 AM
I made this thread for fighting game fans.Games like Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Cailbar, Mortal Kombat Games, Gulity Gear X and other fighting games I left out...If you have any strategies or tips for people on how to play better feel free to help. There a lot of people who suck at fighting games so go ahead and help out. Name the best fighting game your good at. Also post a pick of your favorite character on any fighting game.

The best fighting game I am good at is Street Fighter. I love all the street fighter games and I am really good at all them. My favorite street fighter type fighting game has to be Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 & 2. Also like old school street fighters like on Sega or Super Nintendo. My favorite characters have to be Ryu, Chunli and Cammy. But out of all the street fighter characters Ryus my favorite.

Street Fighter Game Tips: Never stay in one place, I say you move alot when fighting. If your gonna attack make sure the attack hits, punching and kicking at the air makes your character look stupid. Use your super combos when the person/com your fighting is open for a hit( like if they punch or are getting ready to shoot or something) Throw them when they get close enough(I am extremely good at throwing:D ) Dont forget to block too, blocking is a life saver. Learn your characters and make the perfect team. If your not doing nothing at home pop in the game and create a team and learn all there moves to become the best!

Isunamaru
02-11-2005, 10:11 AM
I liked Super Smash Bros. Melee!
My favourite character is LINK
Tip - learn to use bombs and items to your advantage and try to avoid your opponents!

nivek5
02-13-2005, 06:01 PM
links pretty good but i like falco and fox mostly because there really fast and can combo pretty good too

enjio
02-13-2005, 07:37 PM
i would have to say that street fighter is better and i like ryu and ken

Regulus
02-14-2005, 10:03 AM
How could you forget about the King of Fighters Series! To me, that is the best fighting games series.

Kenshin Himura (O.o)
02-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Smash Bros, and Soul Caliber, and the Inuyasha Fighting games, i also like tekkon, and stuff lol (O.o) but i voted for Smash

Hotsuma
02-14-2005, 10:13 AM
I say they make a online smash bros game or a online soul cailbur that would rule.

dragoninja
02-26-2005, 01:12 PM
I made this thread for fighting game fans.
This thread had already been made. Why make it again? :smash:

tteekkkkeenn 55

Ukyo
02-26-2005, 01:15 PM
i like Street fighter Soul Calabur, and Super Smash Bros. Melee. I couldn't deside so i like all three of them.

soshumeru90
02-26-2005, 02:12 PM
i think mortal combat is good. but for an rpg i would like to see a whats your favorite rpg game if so then fable.

soshumeru90
02-26-2005, 02:13 PM
mortal combat rocks alright yahhhhhhhh

Ukyo
02-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Mrotal combat i nevr played.

3scaflowne
02-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Street Fighter Soul Cailbur Mortal Kombat there all cool

Fizzyazana
02-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Mortal kombat gives me the satisfaction of knowing I can kick someones *** withought haveing to leave my hous I espesially like the blood graphics very soothing

Hotsuma
02-28-2005, 08:22 AM
I just played that new Game Rumble Roses...man its cool. Guys will love that game...ohhhhh yeeeaaaah

samuel
02-28-2005, 10:34 AM
street fighter is alright but im sticking mortal kombat.theres alot of blood and swords.

Leon Magnus
02-28-2005, 10:43 AM
None out of those are my favorite..Not big on SF or KoF because a lot of them a just huge guys with way too big muscles...not really my thing...

SSB is fun, but In my opinion not considerd a true fighting game.

Out of the list GG is my favorite...

mistymoorman
02-28-2005, 06:46 PM
I like Soul Caliber 2

SeijouOmni
03-02-2005, 12:26 AM
I love Street Fighter. It's the only reason fighting games exist, and while Capcom has been slacking lately, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Capcom Vs. SNK 2 are still a couple of the best fighting games to exist. Soul Calibur and Guilty Gear are also great and original series. I never liked Tekken, though 5 admittedly is VERY impressive, and Mortal Kombat has always been a crappy fighting game with a crappy combat engine hidden under layers of unrealistic and pointless gore. Smash Brothers I never got into...I mean...the cheapest way to win in any game that lets you is always ring-outs, and that's all Super Smash is. But maybe I'm just bitter because I can always beat my friends into high percentages really quickly, but I can almost never knock them out. I'm just not big on the idea of being able to survive lasers, fire, blades, bombs, hammers, freezing, and generally haveing the living snot beaten out of you, and then dying because you drifted off camera.

Nineteenth
03-02-2005, 12:51 AM
King of Fighters. For silly reasons, I will not debate how "realistic" the game is; For each time I do, it brings back painful memories of never being Iori Yagami.

At least, The KOF line of games has not dissapointed. If you even count Maximum Impact, which is the tarnish on the great if not legendary name of the game. It's all in good taste.

Kusanagi
03-02-2005, 12:58 AM
i specialy play the kof-------and, thats my favorite fighting game----cause it has a lot of movements and combos...............XD

or may be somthing like a crossover.---------exmample, svc:chaos-------je je

Hotsuma
03-04-2005, 08:52 AM
The most stupid Capcom game they ever created was the Megaman MT warrior. Man its so gay (no offense to gay people, gay people are nice) Its so happy and everyone is all happy and stuff it makes me sick to my stomach. They ruined the Megaman series.

kamekazekid
03-04-2005, 09:14 AM
smash brother melee is the coolest

Magic gamer
03-04-2005, 12:46 PM
I like super smash brothers melee because it is a good game.

laogamer
03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
i agree with Magic gamer melee is a good game and i plan to beat every one

DarkPrinceBman
03-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Tekken dude, I just got Tekken 5 and its just so awsome with the new devil jin and jin mode. Its deffenitly one to buy no matter how many times i play it, it just keeps pulling me in plus beating other people is a plus.

Darth Vaida
03-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Tekken ish my favourite!!!!! it rox! of course i love the other titles...Soul Caliber, KoF, Street Fighter....but Tekken takes the cake for the best fighting game

Hotsuma
03-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Tekken dude, I just got Tekken 5 and its just so awsome with the new devil jin and jin mode. Its deffenitly one to buy no matter how many times i play it, it just keeps pulling me in plus beating other people is a plus.
Jin Devil mode? Cool! I wanna see how he fights. Does he shoot beams and stuff?

darkmaster
03-09-2005, 09:31 AM
i think virtual fighter 4 is good but all the others that are being talked about are good to .

kenny_killer
03-09-2005, 09:45 AM
:awe: :awe: :angry1: :banghead: :flaming: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! def jam fight for newyork !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(o.0)

[jeez... was that what i was like in my nooby days?... im ashamed of myself...lol...]

lillaosazn
03-09-2005, 12:34 PM
melee for me i win all the time against the the people i play

[BlackDeath]
03-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Yes this thread has already been made indeed and almost identical they are! Even so much as to still leave out DEAD OR ALIVE so i'm just gonna copy and paste my old post!

This is blasphemis to the Beat'em'up genre, how in the world could you forget the Dead or Alive series, they're my personal fav. It's fluid gameplay and fast paced which means you don't have to wait like 5 mins before you character make there move like in Tekken! Don't get me wrong Tekken is a good game but it's too slow, way tooo slow, i would just get bored waiting for them to attack cause it takes so long, whilst DoA is much different, and is also the first game to utilize the Counter-System effectivly enough to use often and with interactive inviroments and stunning looking characters, not in the sense of looking good but in the graphical sense.

Even though you havn't added Bloody Roar, it is another title i like and enjoy quite a bit, it is original with the transformation sequences and some very inpressive combos, it only really started to get playble on the 3rd game, being more fluid and also had a go at using interactive stages.

Street Fighter - i was considering chosing either this one or Soul Caliber II but chose other instead. This is like thee god of the genre. I grew up on this game alone, whilst other people where playing Mario Allstars i was playing Street Fighter II Turbo all the time. The 3d incanations of this one was a dissapointment, in other words they suck. However with the Alpha series they returned to there roots with the 2-d style with loads of new and interesting characretrs, enter Sakura, being a fav of mine and also ^^; But those noobs that get you cornerd in the classic ones and just do the Thousand hand slaps or the Lightning kick, such a cheap way to win, or people what do that Ha-Do-Ken whatever it's called.

Soul Caliber II - not much to say on this as most people should know about this one. Could be the beat'em'up of the year of 2004 and probally was. The first game was way ahead of all the others beat'em'ups when it was released on the Dreamcast and this one has failed to dissapoint. I still think the characters could be a bit more repsonsive but i like games that are fast paced, saying so it still is faster that most of the others. Weapon master as in the previous games was always fun and time consuming to play, able to obtain new and interesting weapons, with galleries to unlock, hidden characters, stages, just so much to do for a a game of this genre. Which made this game possibly one of the games of this genre that had one of the longest life-spans. Graphics wise, they are amazing. Although once you unlock everything it does get a bit boring especially when no one will play you, it's the same for DoA with me, no one ever wants to face me too much, so i get bored a lot!

Smash Bros - is fun, that's all it is, is a fun game to play with your friends. Nothing much to it, just one of those party games

Guilty Gear - Don't know too much on this one, i havn't played it since it's PS1 days, i like the look of it and also has a good OST, but i'm a bit fuzzy on most of the other details so ima gonna skip this one.
I'm not even going to make much of a comment on the Mortal Combat games, look they were good on the SNES and Megadrive but since they got all 3D they suck, however i did think MK Triology was an ok game

darkmaster
03-09-2005, 09:26 PM
i like guilter gear also ....hehe i like dizzy and testament they are awesome.

Se$sY K@g0m3
03-09-2005, 09:30 PM
i played street fighter b4 and i found it fun.. its a kool game

Taikyo
03-09-2005, 10:26 PM
i like super smash bros. mele! I get to play around with different N64 characters and im best with Link!

Lord Garma Zabi
03-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Some of those games were downright awesome, but when I compare which game was funner, had more character choices, more fighting varieties, and had the funnest stages, melee came out had all the time. I grew up on Street Fighter II, but I have to hand it to Nintendo because that game is just flat out awesome.

[BlackDeath]
03-10-2005, 12:12 AM
I can't believe it, i just can not believe that Smash Bros is beating Soul Caliber, there's something wrong with this!! I feel... i feel so... astonished by this! How in the hell i'm thinking!

darkmaster
03-10-2005, 06:59 AM
im good with samus from the n64 smash bros and mewtwo and zelda from the game cube smash bros.

Energy Goddess
03-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Soul Calibur 2 and Super Smash Bros. Meelee

Hotsuma
03-14-2005, 08:14 AM
I can't believe it, i just can not believe that Smash Bros is beating Soul Caliber, there's something wrong with this!! I feel... i feel so... astonished by this! How in the hell i'm thinking!
I mean Smash Bros is gonna be beat by Soul Calibur because Smash Bros has pokemon in and uhhh everyone knows pokemon sucks, making super smash bros suck.

For example, Think of a Coke Cola soda.The drink is great but if your drinking it and happen to find a bug in it, the soda is great it self but you finding that bug in it will make you not want to drink it anymore

Them having pokemon in Smash Bros make you not want to play anymore just like finding a Bug in your coke.

Get what I am sayin?

Gaiaman
03-14-2005, 08:21 AM
none of the above the smoothest fighting game i've ever played was dead or alive 2 for ps2 it was better before it went to xbox

D-man
03-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Street Fighter all the way. it is the best games. there is no other fighting game that stands up to it

chinkilla666
03-14-2005, 02:43 PM
i like all of them except Guilty Gear. I haven't played it but Tekken, Soul Caliber, and Street Fighter are the best.

Gandalf the White
03-14-2005, 03:58 PM
I like Mortal Kombat Deception^^

Aisuru
03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
A beastie and a pro...
Tekken will have to be my number one pick!
i've always loved the tekken series and all the characters fighting stlyes. no lie, i do like Street fighter, i mean who doesn't...it's just that my brother always smashes me in any and ever Street fighter game there is! but when it comes to me Challenging somebody else instead of my brother then i'd rank myself as second best.
But in tekken i can't be stopped...by him any ways...Tekken 5 is just beyond the coolest series! Although i find each and every persons ending alittle off topic and some meaningless, it's still funny.:laugh: hah hah!
but seriously i am so in love with Jin kazama and his devil form. He's my favorite "quicker,picker upper!"

Ahem...so tekken ish my fav...

~Aisuru~

Wiz
04-01-2005, 11:39 PM
i love mortal kombat,dead or alive, and soul caliber 2

Wiz
04-01-2005, 11:42 PM
im with you Gandalf the White,mortal kombat is one of the best games!http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/wub.gifhttp://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/groupwave.gif

Chouji
04-01-2005, 11:45 PM
i would choose King of Fighters 2000 because it has better graphics than any 2D Street fighter game and you get to put kim,terry,kyo,Kon the same team with each other how cool is that

termed
04-02-2005, 12:38 PM
my favorite game is tekken5. i can beat anybody in that game with askua kazama:duel:

Tyr
04-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Soul Calibur 2 is the best one I've played. Street Fighter seems to just be repackaging the same stuff over and over again, while Mortal Kombat is definitely running out of ideas (Kombat Chess, anyone?). Super Smash Bros is more about luck than skills, although that may just be my excuse for continually losing at it. Tekken annoys me because whenever I fight a friend at it, they will always use Christina/Eddy, the most noobish characters in the history of any fighting game. Whatever's left, I've either not played or I forgot about.

For example, Think of a Coke Cola soda.The drink is great but if your drinking it and happen to find a bug in it, the soda is great it self but you finding that bug in it will make you not want to drink it anymoreFind bug in drink = Sue Coca-Cola for millions. Where's the downside?

Tiggit
04-02-2005, 02:01 PM
i choose dead or alive 3 good graphics awesome figthing styles NO magic No weapons Hand-to-hand combat all the way no cheating pure skills NO button mashing unless you want a quick defeat 3 words Best-figthing-game-ever lol i mean 4 words

Vivi
04-02-2005, 02:09 PM
street fighter is old game the new one is tekken

SL!C3R
04-02-2005, 02:34 PM
my fave fighint game would prob have to be tekken seeing as ive completed them all:p and i own my friends at it eberytime i am pretty crap at soul caliber 2 but i cant wait for soul cliber 3 to come out theres gonna be create a char!!!

akuma=unmei
04-10-2005, 09:19 PM
i like Soul Cailbur 2 for x-box. awsome game ^-^

sazico234
04-11-2005, 06:11 AM
no no on lol devil may cry, chaos legion and bloody roar primal fury r the best and u just know it !!!!!!!!!

banzii
04-11-2005, 06:16 AM
super smash bros is the most fun but tekkan is pretty cool too

Hungry man
04-11-2005, 10:37 AM
i think that super smash brothers is the best out of the all these because it is the fun

Holly Strife
04-12-2005, 03:08 AM
Mortal Combat was okay, not the greatest only because I could never get the commands right or win >>;; But I like Soul Cailbur better. Even if I didn't win for that one either.

Hotsuma
04-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Alot of these games are great but after you done everything they begin to get boring.

gohan416
04-13-2005, 08:04 AM
my fav. fighting game, DBZ Budokai 3 and then Halo 2.

Limitus
04-13-2005, 08:48 AM
ssbm (Super Smash Bros. Melee) the game is pure fun!

Hotsuma
04-14-2005, 07:00 AM
I heard DBZ Budokai 3 isnt all that great because you can beat it like in 30 mins and the moves are more easy to do.

sephiroth33
04-14-2005, 12:11 PM
i love the ps one fighting game called rival schools it is fast pace you can swithch your characters and you can double team and its japanise theme is cool

Blue_Dragon
04-14-2005, 12:22 PM
:p My favorite fighting game would have to be capcom Vs. marvel i like this game beause of al the cool:cool: super heroes.:D

Sexy Angel
04-16-2005, 07:07 AM
street fighter^-^

Nerdboy27
04-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Soul Calibur series hands down.

Pyrobrave
04-17-2005, 12:01 AM
I like marvel vs capcom and u didnt have it on thwe list

SuperWarriorSanzo
04-26-2005, 08:56 PM
You guys forgot the DOA series, but other than that I think that Mortal Kombat is awesome.

Death Warrior
04-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Soul Calibur II

Vash_2007
04-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Super smash bro melee and mortal kombat deception.

Shido Tatsuhiko
08-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Hard to choose but I´ll choose Mortal Kombat: Nothing beter that a blood raine.
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/cel2.jpg
Evil Rules

Mayonnaise
08-02-2005, 05:41 PM
I have two favorites. Dead Or Alive and Soul Calibur II.

Dead Or Alive and Soul Calibur II both have good graphics and cool characters.

Broly2
08-02-2005, 07:17 PM
tekken for me

Darrmyth
08-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Super Smash Brother Melee

pyrothunder336
08-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Ssbm

Wandering Samurai
08-02-2005, 08:25 PM
My fav. is soul caliber 2. the game rocks and the new one's coming out soon.

FlashD
08-03-2005, 03:14 AM
I have to say Tekken. I love that series ...

chaoscntrl77
08-03-2005, 03:20 AM
Soul Calibur and any game of that series.

Amix
08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
SSBM and Mortal Kombat..^^

Saiyanbabe1818
08-09-2005, 06:03 PM
inuyasha, dragonball Z, and soul calibur

Krsnik
08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Any soul calibur, any Dead or alive, Any Capcom Vs. SNK, Capcom Vs. Marvel, any Guilty Gear game, Super smash brothers melee, Battle Arena Toshinden.

white_lotus27
08-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I would say Mortal Kombat or Soul Caliber if I had to choose from that list. I love to play those games. It has alot of good characters and the graphics is pretty good.

Ami~chan
08-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Soul Calibur I and II. I'm looking forward to the third one ^^

Second place would go to Super Smash Brothers Melee. Fun, fun, fun!

nayuka
10-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Soul Calibur II, There are many nice girls here when they change their clothes when we level up ...NICE

japonice_aeris
10-09-2005, 06:23 AM
wutttt?!?!??!?!? tekken lost???!!~ cant believe it really... :unsure: darn should've been on time before the POLL got closed.. :chill: ...niwei i like Soul Calibur but for me Tekken's the best!~

poppy
02-05-2006, 03:06 PM
I liked Super Smash Bros. Melee!
My favourite character is LINK
Tip - learn to use bombs and items to your advantage and try to avoid your opponents!that is cool but i dont have gamecube so
TEKEN 5
i like the sword guy dark hair name begins with t (i think) in smash bros
but in t5 my fav is asuka or lee chaolan (unicorn guy i like 2 dress him in pink)
every time i read taken i think its teken

Qeeun
02-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Melee is awesome... im still playing it after *blank* years

Hinata767
05-14-2006, 05:17 PM
I like Bloody Roar and Maortal kombat the most

Razor Clarence
05-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Mortal Kombat Deception.

Sagat
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
LOL SSBM a fighting game? That's like calling Tiger Woods Pro Golf Challenge an online RPG

escaflowne_fan12
05-15-2006, 06:46 PM
the best fighting i have ever played was dead or alive ultimate 2, best freakin fighting game in canada, used to play it for hours on end

The Kid
05-15-2006, 08:38 PM
i would say soul calibor 2

Regex
05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
LOL SSBM a fighting game? That's like calling Tiger Woods Pro Golf Challenge an online RPGUh no.

In Super Smash Bros. Melee, you play characters, that fight each other.
That IS what a fighting game is.

Crimson Eyes
05-15-2006, 09:17 PM
mortal kombat or super smah bros. melee

Darth Tyranus
05-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Mine are marvel Vs. capcom 2, X men children of the atom, power stone 1, super smash bros melee, street fighetr alpha 2, soul calibur 1 and lastly virtua fighter 2. I picked two because the ps2 controller blows chunks for it and I have yet to find a decent arcade stick. Still four is awesome and it's toeing the line of being better, almost anyway.

Sagat
05-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Uh no.

In Super Smash Bros. Melee, you play characters, that fight each other.
That IS what a fighting game is.Uh yeah, sorry to bust your bubble. I consider fighting game something that takes actual skill and not senseless button mashing

any street fighter game, soul calibur game or tekken game blows any SBM game out of the water

Demond
05-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Mortal kombat for sure!

Regex
05-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Uh yeah, sorry to bust your bubble. I consider fighting game something that takes actual skill and not senseless button mashing

any street fighter game, soul calibur game or tekken game blows any SBM game out of the waterYour beliefs on what makes a fighting game have no bearing on what a fighting game is.

Fighting games can range from anything from Kung Fu Master to Virtua Fighter

Allow me to cite from an outside source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fighting_games

Now, just because you can't comprehend the skill it takes to perform well in a more "frantic" environment, that does not make the skill less than a Tekken game. Especially when your flagship game is Street Fighter, which had a similar learning curve to Super Smash Bros.

The styles are different. To say that one takes less skill is like saying that stunt flying a helicopter takes less skill than stunt flying a fighter plane. One may be easier to pick up, but to master, they are comparable.

Sagat
05-16-2006, 06:06 AM
Y\Now, just because you can't comprehend the skill it takes to perform well in a more "frantic" environment, that does not make the skill less than a Tekken game. Especially when your flagship game is Street Fighter, which had a similar learning curve to Super Smash Bros.
LOL, I can't comprehend the skill it takes to perform well in a frantic environment? HAhahahahah, please ,give me a break. That was the most shallow defence I've ever seen of super mash brothers in a very long time.

Regex
05-16-2006, 09:33 AM
LOL, I can't comprehend the skill it takes to perform well in a frantic environment? HAhahahahah, please ,give me a break. That was the most shallow defence I've ever seen of super mash brothers in a very long time.In this case, I'm not even trying to defend the game. I'm defending the very definition of fighting game. Take your idiocy elsewhere, because the truth is VERY obvious. In Super Smash Bros. you choose a character, you duke it out with other characters through one or more rounds of play.

That IS what a versus fighting game is.

Mr. blue-reddragoon
05-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Super Smash Brother, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear X2, etc.

~Riku~
05-17-2006, 05:16 AM
Like playing any of the DBZ titles, DOA, SSBM, Street fighter, Soul calibur,
Bloody Roar and all of the Tekken titles.

Sagat
05-17-2006, 05:56 AM
Bloody Roar was great, I played that to death when it first came out.

Light Guardian
05-17-2006, 08:21 AM
All fighting games are great...but i like mostly Guilty Gear X and King of Fighters

dawnrune
05-18-2006, 07:35 PM
mine would have to be capcom vs marval

iMud
09-07-2006, 06:37 AM
Guilty gear X n super street fighter

otaku_ayachan
09-07-2006, 08:24 PM
for me,it's soul calibur 3,but what not in the poll,is dead or alive

neneko
09-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I havn't played that many but I think my favorite is rbo. Second is super smash bros cause it's really fun to play when you're 4 people.

Princess Cupcake
09-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Mortal Kombat. Any version. <3

Natsumi-Remix
10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I have a thing for Soul Calibur and it's characters. I NEED to play SC3, so sad that I haven't yet...*kicks X Box*

koikazeflip
10-08-2006, 08:53 PM
for me.. my favorite fighting game depends on what i'm playing the game for..

if i'm playing it for actually fighting.. tekken

if i'm playing it to see the visuals.. dead or alive..

der Scharfschüt
10-08-2006, 08:56 PM
The MK series, especially Mortal Kombat II

Mortal Kombat. Any version. <3see we have even more in common <3 lol

Kawaii_Junkie
10-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Tekken 2 and 3 Hehehe...

Matsumoto
10-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Street fighter: Third Strike
Marvel vs Capcom 1&2 (im asian)

Skyla_G
10-11-2006, 01:01 AM
KATAMARI<3 and dance dance revolution[kay, they're not fighting games, but they're competitive^-^]

Lettuce Boy
10-11-2006, 07:27 AM
My fav fighting game is Tekken 5 however the DBz games sre worth playing aswell espeacially budokai Tenkaichi *waves at nats* you could always play sc3 with me and CFA

bubble man
10-12-2006, 12:04 PM
i like mortal kombat but the dbz games are ok and smash bros melee

Old_Toonami_Fangirl
10-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Super Smash Brother's Melee!!!!! I kick butt on that game and it's fun too!!!!!! :)

Balance
10-26-2006, 06:24 PM
First things first. I really like Tekken and Super Smash Bros Melee! Both because they require a lot of skill, and I probably have nothing better to do. lol! Also, Street Fighter Alpha one!

manslayer101
10-28-2006, 08:19 AM
hmmm....this is a hard one, however out of the list above i would have to say street fighter, but kof is the most in-depth fighter....

Eternal_Love
10-28-2006, 10:31 AM
My favorite fighting game would have to be Soul Calibur 3. It's the best but not long enough I finished it in two weeks.

Steven JR.
10-29-2006, 07:42 PM
out of all of those I'd have to say tekken, soul calibur, street fighter, and lots of others

mikk
10-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Tekkan was my old fav, Don't really do fighting games anymore though

Hina-chan
11-02-2006, 06:53 AM
All I can think of right now is tekken and mortal combat. I like playing them.^^

Otaku Ichise
11-02-2006, 06:54 AM
all i can think now is winmugen lately..

RandomActs
11-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Mortal Combat and Super Smash Bros

Ikken Andaa
11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
my favorite 2 would have to be: Marvel vs Capcom 2 and the original Killer Instinct for snes. Many a time that I could be found playing killer instinct in the dead of the night

Khanxay
11-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Mortal Combat How dare you spell Kombat Wrong. Shame on you!

+1 to Street Fighter games

herro yuy
11-06-2006, 08:04 AM
i like the new yakuza this is like fighting with GTA it is the best fighting game so far and i hopefully will be proven wrong as i am seeking a new fighting game to complete

BleedingWolf
12-17-2006, 01:29 PM
My favorite fighting game is either any Mortal Kombat or Bloody Roar.

Perpetual Specter
12-19-2006, 05:58 PM
definetely super smash bros melee;)

Sword
12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
I would say Soul Calibur becasue I've been a fan for a few years now and I'm most skilled at it, but I've recently got into Street Fighter and while, for me, SC can get boring in multiplayer very quick, Street Fighter never gets old. Don't really know which is better.

Undrave Limito
12-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Soul Calibur and the Super Smash bros. franchise.

Inverse
12-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Tekken Tag Tournament

RandomActs
12-20-2006, 01:50 PM
also forgot to mention Street Fighter
^_^

Death's Assistant
12-30-2006, 12:25 AM
I would have to say Soul Calibur or Super Smash Bros.

Serenity In Murder
01-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I love Soul Calibur and Tekken- Steve Fox FTW!

Warrior Of Chaos
01-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Mine are Tekken and Fight Night Round 3.

link56
01-03-2007, 12:41 AM
the leged of zelda series

killboi
01-03-2007, 12:44 AM
street fighter 2 !

sasunarubishoujo
01-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Mortal Kombat and Super Smash Brothers OH YES!! X3

Dragonshaz
01-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone these are my favourite top beat em fighting games.
1.Tekken 5
2.Soul calibur 3
3.Mortal kombat amagadeon
These games rock

Khanxay
01-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I've been using the Mugen engine for the past 2 weeks. Amount of characters of Characters >800 already. Have evil ken and evil dan too, which don't exist in any other game. And a tweaked combo oriented version of evil ryu. ^_^

P.S. Anyone ever see Sephiroth and Broli fight? o_O;;

Whisper
01-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Bloody roar - PS2

FTW! =D

niKopol
01-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Guilty Gear or SSB? thats a tuffy.. Guilty Gear

rpgwiz99
01-14-2007, 02:36 PM
I thought I allready posted on this thread but I guess I was wrong (or maybe there is a thread just like it somewhere else) well its not really thet importatt any way. Ok my favorite fighting game probally is super smash bors mele, but it is verry hard to pick considering that they have made a lot of good fighting games. I also like the original soper smash bros for nintendo 64, and i like DOA (Dead or Alive). Mortal combat and street fighter are also verry good games. these are probaly my faverite four though.

Gouki
01-14-2007, 02:41 PM
I think DOA 4 is a great fighting game

inu-papa
01-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Tekken 5 is a nice game besides "God of war" which is a well developed :smile:

manslayer101
01-14-2007, 08:33 PM
hmmm...the poll is closed, however i will post my opinion:

Tekken 5 for the ps2 in my opinion has the best fighting system out of any game, and is worth what you pay for it, it's one of my favorites, however, i really like Street Fighter Alpha 2, i'm a ryu player, he's the best character.

Heartless Soul Eater
01-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Super Smash Bros.

Famahama
01-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Mortal Combat and Rumble roses *gurgle* and yu yu hakusho:dark tournament

mE.
01-15-2007, 06:24 AM
"Guilty Gear XX#R" is one of my favorites.
But my favorite is "Rival Schools 2" <Dreamcast>
I also liked "The Last Blade 2".

Demonstaff
01-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Me and my friends have too much fun playing Def Jam fight for New York.

Midna
01-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Not much of a Fighting game fan, put out of the list in the poll, I'll say Super Smash Bros.(Melee) and Soul Calibur.

animeP
01-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Street Fighter II, hands down.

Alice Lost
01-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Street Fighter was my favorite fighting game. I also like playing Virtual Fighter 3-D. I think a new Virtual Fighter game is about to be released (if not released already). Mortal Kombat was a little too bloody for my tasts.

BSSM619
02-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I'll say Street Fighter and other.

mE.
02-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Melty blood is cool.

kakashi the copy ninja
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I say Mortal Combat just cus the blood and gore.

Sagat
02-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I say Mortal Combat just cus the blood and gore.

Everybody like you is responsible for the gradual decline of quality fighting games.

xitiger
02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
The King of Fighters 96 to 00

飛竜
02-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Melty Blood ReAct Cadenza.

Hamashimura
02-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Guilty Gear XX Reload...
I don't know why,but I like this one more than GGXXSlash...
And Soul Calibur is quite awesome too,but I'll stick with Guilty Gear...

Ichiro Matsuchani
02-09-2007, 07:41 AM
I can't give a clear choice between my two favorite fighters: Super Smash Brothers (Period), and Dead or Alive. The reason I like them so much is because they seem the least like button mashers to me.

dulx
02-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Rumble Roses XX was very amusing lol. Only the problem in this game is, that you need to be so very patients to unlock caracters (Other Rumble Roses Fighters) or bikini's and many stuff like that, before you beat this game for real..

And there are no argievements to earn in this game,
Not so cool *Cough* 0_o..

Dead Or Alive 4, Very cool, only the system to block punches or kicks of your opponent is so complicated somethimes, its only a matter of practice i gues ^^..

Im looking forward for Virtua Fighter 5!!!!...

Faceless111
02-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I love Soul Calibur for the quickness and responsiveness. But I also like the older 2d games for the same reasons; Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc.

L337_Ninja_Girl
02-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Wow... where's Dead or Alive? XD I only like that game for the chicks anyway. But I love Super Smash Bros. overall.

And I can't wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii! Solid Snake and Sonic will kick some major booty booty. XD

Dragonshaz
02-19-2007, 11:45 AM
umm.. my most favourite beat em up fighting games is the legandary tekken 5 and soulcalibur 3.These i reckon one ever wants to buy fighting games.

Sha3d
02-23-2007, 10:12 AM
DOA 4 is awesome, the way the characters react with the environment is just awesome not to mention the player models are beautiful

BiggSam
02-23-2007, 10:14 AM
I like Budokai 3 and the original Super Smash Brothers

roxasprincess
03-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Street Fighter I Love It

masterm
03-07-2007, 06:46 PM
hmm lets see mortal kombat,dead or alive 4,or super smash bros melee...its time for VIDEO GAME STATS:

DEAD OR ALIVE 4

PROS=it has excelent...graphics, pretty good fighting and nice ninjas

CONS=well despite the name there is no killing and the throws ARENT REALY SPECIAL MOVES so there are realy no special powers

MORTAL KOMBAT=

PROS=it has fatalittys,blood,and on the consels besides mk gold you can switch fighting styles

CONS=parents say that it is too violent(haha yah right seriously how many people say yah im gonna be like scorpion and kill quan chi well besides some giant nerds...im a geek)and the stages arent that great

SUPER SMASH BROS.MELEE

PROS= get to do crossovers with other nintendo charaters and is one of the best gamecube games of all time

CONS=no spartan or blood and some characters are very hard to get

WINNER= SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE