PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter: Childrens book or Tool of Satan!

Lon
02-04-2005, 01:52 AM
The subject has been debated, argued, run into the ground, and regurgitated for another round of hostile negotiations. But then again, the discussion has not yet, to my knowledge been brought up here.

And what better time than now, the eve of book six: The Half Blood Prince?

So, pro or con, for or against? Is Harry Potter just a simple childs book, nothing more than a childrens story woven together from the imagenation of a middle age woman, OR is Harry Potter an ingenious tool of the christan devil, cleaverly mused and written in the innocent and unarming format of a childs story book???

You make the call.
Also other hot topics of debate:
Pokemon --> A tool of the Devil.
Teletubies --> Another tool of the devil, promoting the seeds of homosexuality in americas youth.
YuGiOh --> Magic, monsters, and trading cards. Never a good mix in the eyes of any christan fundamentalst. Also a tool of SATAN!

Mistress Koneko
02-04-2005, 02:03 AM
The Devil has so many tools! :laugh:

I think Harry Potter is just a fantasy book that is meant to do nothing but entertain others, but then again I am a recovering Christian so my views could be wrong and end up sending me straight to Hell.

red storm
02-04-2005, 02:21 AM
Harry Potter is a tool of the devil! In this book they have the use of magic promoted! Such an evil thing does not excist, only god is allowed to use those tools! But that is not all, Harry Potter, with the use of pure-blood and mud-blood, promotes racism and discrimination! Further research of promotion of sex before marriage, homosexuality, drugs, alcohol, violence, rape, murder, atheism and other heretic acts are in progress, but we are sure they are there! Curse it, I say!

Or at least, that's what I would have said were I one of those extreme christians. Truth is, I think Harry Potter is a fairy tale in the modern age. Simple fun and entertainment, perfectly harmless.

sword_master
02-04-2005, 06:55 AM
alright it is just entertainment I mean have you read them yeah they fight and use magic but a lot of anime does too so I think it is just entertainment I mean for god sake why do you need to ask

UltimaChaos
02-04-2005, 07:17 AM
harry potter is a pure-blooded tool of the dark lord Satan! as for all those other children animes yugioh, pokemon..and so on
"Hail Satan!"

Kewii
02-04-2005, 11:31 AM
JK Rowling has said it herself. No one has ever gone up to her and said 'Thank you for teaching me about witchcraft'.

I think the books promote good morals. Such as loyalty, friendship, determination.
Honestly, in the end it's not much different from the values Christianity teaches, in my opinion.

Bean Bandit
02-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Harry Potter series... a tool of the Devil? *falls over*

Not in my opinion.

tallarchangel89
02-04-2005, 05:29 PM
I think its a childrens book because if it doesn't exist then it doesn't hurt!

Seductress
02-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Omg I just read harry potter and now I will go and do satanic things! *sarcasm*

Tsuna Kadiri
02-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Harry Potter is a story of a young boy who goes on pleasent magical adventures with his friends.

Now if THAT doesn't promote satanism, I don't know what does. :laugh:

Seriously, how can sweet little Harry promote the devil? Does he enthrall the dark lords or something? I like Harry Potter, I find the books rather entertaining. How do parents think that Harry promotes drug use and black magic? It's a simple children's tale!! :)

Parent: "HARRY POTTER!!! My child will have no part of that satan witchcraft! Come on kids, let's go watch Scarface..."

Ami~chan
02-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Harry Potter is a book that is about magic, witches and other things such as that, but there is a clear line between good and evil. It's one of the best (and longest)childrens books in my opinion. And Pokemon? Yeah, Pikachu came straight from Hell...
I hate the Telletubies (you can see the zipper on their costumes!how lame..) but promoting homosexuality? Nah. And YuGiOh is just a card game. Playing Old Maid promoted sexism then!!

Tsuna Kadiri
02-04-2005, 09:38 PM
I hate the Telletubies (you can see the zipper on their costumes!how lame..) but promoting homosexuality? Nah.
Hehe, even though it's tons of fun to make fun of Teletubbies for being gay, it doesn't really promote homosexuality. Even though Tinkiewinkie is purple and carries a rather stylish red purse, it doesn't seem right to make the T.V show out to be bad or harmful in anyway. Same with Harry Potter, I don't think the writers intent was to create a bunch of ranting children satanists.....

Although that would be pretty funny.:laugh:

robofighter
02-04-2005, 10:20 PM
i know this is amazing but i don't think it is

~Raye Hino~
02-04-2005, 11:14 PM
*laughs* Tinkywinky is indigo (at least in my opinion) and I've seen small children (both boys and girls) drag around all kinds of things including their mum's purse. As for their antenaes...I guess there aren't too many people around these days that remember the necessity of using "rabbit ears" to get reception on certain tvs (precable days). Teletubies is nothing more or less than a simple children's show.

As for Harry Potter...please. He's in very good company. No wonder he's such a best seller. The more people make a fuss the more money the books are bound to make. Which should make Ms. Rowling very happy indeed.
The stories are still basically about good vs. evil. What can possibly be wrong with that?

aNIME_LORD1225
02-05-2005, 12:36 AM
man com on ti is just a book seris for kids i mean what harm could it do and even if it is reall and this i sjust a bigconsprisy its no big deall

Terra
02-05-2005, 09:32 AM
harry potter is okay i suppose... and i thought the 6th book is the half blood prints not half blood prince.... i dunno...

Kewii
02-05-2005, 12:35 PM
It'shalf-blood prince.

Predator
02-05-2005, 02:10 PM
If this where to be true, then almost everthing would be accused of this. Harry Potter is just some book as of everything else.

Predator
02-05-2005, 02:17 PM
ops i double posted...

Tyr
02-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes. Harry Potter is a tool of Satan and, unlike so many others, I have proof.

Or at least, I did have proof, until I had to destroy it because I thought it was telling me to worship the devil. Just like my entire sock collection.

SesshoumaruOtaku
02-05-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm a Christian and I say Harry Potter is a children's book. So there. ^_^

Ami~chan
02-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Same here. I can understand if Harry Potter went around blasting people with his wand and killin' everyone, but he doesn't. Hes a character with good morals and character (think of how many times he could have just blasted Malfoy with his wand, but did he? No! He showed restraint!)
Some people just take everything way too seriously. As someone already said : If you don't like it, dont read it!

gadgetgirl16
02-06-2005, 01:29 AM
i think everything is the tool of the Devil, even my computer is MUHAHAHAHA! those people are just super.....but i think Harry Potter is just a fanisty(spell) book, thats all....anything that has to do thats its not real.....just like the old ages doing this time....thats all....

Scion_Slayer
02-08-2005, 06:42 PM
The fundemental Christians don't know they're in a HERESY group.I have PROOF!!!!
Jehovah's witness,lashes out every non-christian there is and the point of the Bible is to help NOT lash at every non-christian to see the light of the Lord.Church of Latterday Saints is heresy group because they promote batism for the dead!!!0o0
Shame on you for spilling water on my grandfather's head!!!Oh and let's not forget about the slutty Mormans who can have more than 1 wives!!!!Shame on you adulterating bastards!!!I'm a Phresbyterian and all I need to go to Heaven is FAITH!!!Oh and Harry Potter is just a fantasy!!!The cases are getting more and more retarded.Hell!!!You might as well say Kingdom Hearts is from the devil because one of games say that darkness is only bad if you make it AND use it that way.That's my 2 cents.

Moved_to_new_account
02-08-2005, 07:34 PM
yuigoh=cool
pokemon=cool
harry potter=cool
teletubbies=tool of lucifer
adults who say the above is anything else=tools

Isunamaru
02-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Well, how amusing... Harry Potter is not the greatest story but if ya want a tool of the devil talk about Hellsing.
I mean no offense, but i mean a vampire and all the darkness and destruction.

Ollie
02-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Well, how amusing... Harry Potter is not the greatest story but if ya want a tool of the devil talk about Hellsing.
I mean no offense, but i mean a vampire and all the darkness and destruction. bahhh. If anything it's the opposite - death and destruction on those who openly oppose God.

I am yet to see any infallible proof that almost any entertainment series is "the tool of the devil."

I actually watched something on TV about this. You know there's some church in the US that uses Harry Potter to promote God? They view the Harry Potter vs. Lord Voldemort as an example of Good vs. Evil or God vs. Satan, and use it as a fun way to teach 'n' preach. Those wierdos who burned HP books because they thought it would promote witchcraft are just that...wierdos.

Ami~chan
02-08-2005, 10:13 PM
I agree with Whispers. Harry Potter isn't teaching kids to zap their friends with spells, but of morals and has a good vs. evil thing goin' on.
Some morons are just tooweird...

Rageling
06-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Harry Potter has a very good message to send about doing what's right and speaks out heavily against racism if you pay attention. But still they use witch craft I mean sure they use a form that has almost no similarities with the historical "craft" and maybe they've never had one where the bad guy wins and I mean sure it does does take alot of common teenage problems and mix them with magic to make it more entertaining and sure it sends a message that adversity can make you stronger if you sdeal with it the right way and ofcourse it encourages kids to read large complicated books and challenge them and maybe it promotes quality time with parents by providing a safe and entertaining family activity but it is still a tool of satin and shall send you straight to the darkest dankest pits of burning hell!!!! Hyahahahahahhahaha yeah right! Harry Potter is no tool of Satan I'm sure that this very thread supports that.

Chouji
06-05-2005, 09:32 PM
any thing story or game with a good moral is good

Elfy
06-06-2005, 03:33 AM
Harry potter? tool for satan
ROFL!!!!!!!!
I've read things on the subject before...I don't buy it..I love harry Potter and have yet to see satanic influences in it, and believe me..I've looked.

RavenZero
06-06-2005, 10:01 AM
christian fundimentalists are always looking for something to smite
it always been that way it will always be that way
wether it be the muslims, jews, books in general, "heretics", puritans, pagans harry potter dungeons and dragons or pokemon
they always need a scapegoat

Mugetsu
06-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Almost anything can be used as a tool of the Devil these days. He is a very hand guy. He's like that guy McGuyver (that guy can make an atom bomb out of a paper clip, used gum & a shoe string).
Teletubies is definately a tool of the Devil.

Santa Clause is also a tool of the devil.
Think about it:

1) Wears a Red suit. (Devil is always shown with red skin)
2) Comes down the fireplace (Devil is said to live in Hell, with flames)
3) If you rearange the letters in Santa you get Satan.

It's so obvious:eek:

Sankah
06-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Teletubbies = cool... (joke, dont kill me) Well, i think if we try to find something bad about it, of course we will. I dont like Harry Potter, but i think its just another fantasy book... But it has become so famous that everyone tries to find its bad side.. Im sure that if Harry Potter wasnt a famous book, this topic of debate just wouldnt exist. About teletubbies and homosexuality... thats something apart... ^^UUu
(excuse my english)

Faroelove
06-06-2005, 10:27 AM
I love Harry Potter. Such a good story. Even if someone says it's a bad story cause it has witch craft in it. I'm a Christain but I strongly beleive in Dark Arts. I practice it.

LadyPSerenity
06-06-2005, 10:28 AM
It's because of the famous part of Harry Potter it's debated, but Harry Potter as it is written would never -Not- be famous, the writing is just facinating and the characters grip you.

Tool of the devil... I really don't think anything out there is a tool of the devil, the only tool of the devil is your own self doubt and self control ^_^;

Eh a bit of a add on after reading the last post.

... I'm going to say one thing, you're contradicting yourself. <3

Kiba'
06-06-2005, 10:47 AM
I personnally didnt like the booksat all i readthem but didnt like um. Thats it they just were not great of a story to me but o well thats my opinion.

Ωmega
06-06-2005, 10:50 AM
satan.i know girls who are counting down days for the movie and book.their addicted to it like crack,it has to be satan

Kewii
06-06-2005, 11:11 AM
because people are excited for something it has to be satan? people get excited for things all the time. How about birthdays? Kids count down the amount of days til their birthday, is it a tool of the devil?

Sankah
06-06-2005, 11:13 AM
everyone has ever been addicted to something =_ but oh well, if not, just think about these girls shouting 'i want a son of urs!' to film stars and pop singers, isnt that just worse D= man, the world is crazy

*insertjapanesenamehere*
06-06-2005, 11:15 AM
TOOL OF SATAN!!!!!! we should all get together and hunt down every copy of them and make a bonfire that's smoke rises to the heavens!!!! *takes deep breath to calm down* j/k i just don't like harry potter.

Ωmega
06-06-2005, 11:29 AM
i know kids count down their birthday because their excited to be another year older.yes,i have been "obsessed" with some books,but not to where it all i talk about.you dont see me buying the clothes from my favorite books.you can buy harry potter clothes!you can buy their uniforms.theres jelly beans,and other stuff too.and people spend hundreds buying it!i think itll become as popular as star wars,and we all know how evil star wars is

sakura gohan mathers
06-06-2005, 11:39 AM
doesn't matter to me cuz the books are cool and if they are SATAN WORSHIPING, CUZ I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ωmega
06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
good lord,calm down.see?die hard hp fan.they get violent if you offend them

Faroelove
06-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Lets all chant witch craft spells and dance around a bon fire......

Just Kidding.... Harry Potter isn't evil. It's just a fictional story written for fun.

Sankah
06-06-2005, 12:02 PM
aw man, if u think about it, everything has a bit of evilness... this thread has evilness.. xD

demonplight
06-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I put it in the same classification as magic the gathering, NERO, and all other majicical fantasy things. You get what you put into it. I think of NERO as sinful because people use it as an escape of reality and think fairies are real. But HP is the same way you get what you put in.

but the Bible does talk about mimicking magic.

Rageling
06-06-2005, 02:00 PM
Technically this site is a tool for escaping reality.

Sankah
06-06-2005, 02:02 PM
wow good one

BlakSenk
06-06-2005, 02:14 PM
mmm... im a fan of hp but i hvnt got t-shirts or clothes and i think hp is a fantasy book of magic, u can believe in it or no but the teletubwies ... teletwubies...i dont know... they r really bad, the poor children are seeing and they dont know the danger of they , and i have one telet... in my school, its a teacher!!! and its baaaaaaad (its true) but harry potter is the best

if u dont understand me sorry in the soul ( esa va x ti lara) forget that, sorry :P

*insertjapanesenamehere*
06-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Technically this site is a tool for escaping reality.so true. could you say that we're all here not only cause WE LUV ANIME/MANGA, but cause life sucks? im jus sayin.

Sankah
06-06-2005, 02:36 PM
omg BlakSenk lol. Sorry about it... she meant that teletubbies are dangerous for kids.. forget the rest.. about the teacher and about the sorry in the soul... and the spanish thing... Blak dont say names here, and dont speak in spanish, people could get offended =X

BlakSenk
06-06-2005, 02:44 PM
hey sankah i speak english very well :P and i dont have anything against the telet... i saw it with my cousin and i like po

Renaki
06-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Lol! A tool of satan? WOW. thats a little extreme. I mean yeah the books suck, i like the movies. Its a book. Not true. A book. For teenagers really but kids love it too. Just because it involves magic doesnt mean its evil. I mean there are like cartoons of talking mice and ducks that sound like they need to stay off the...drugs? Just killing each other repeatedly (cant spell), and for some strange reason harry potter is evil. What about cinderella and snow white? I mean the..little ppl are the...signs of...a certain drug(that starts with an C and is over 4 letters). Goodness.

i hope you can understand most of this

Rageling
06-06-2005, 05:29 PM
No I couldn't could you repeat and simplify?

naiume
06-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Tool of satan,lol,nah really i never liked it and nevah will itz a gay blaaahhhhhhh!. there thatz wat i think.

Rageling
06-06-2005, 06:50 PM
This isn't about your opinion on Harry Potter it's about whether you think it's a tool of Satan or not please if you wish to insult the series please start a thread for it.

Myste Silver
06-06-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry.As much as I'd like to comment for hours about how annoying this subject is, I think I'll move on.-_-'

Hideeho135
06-06-2005, 07:18 PM
tools of satan....thats why i love them!

Ωmega
06-07-2005, 03:39 PM
to whomever gave me the freak rep,well lets just say im not surprised to see your too much af a coward to leave your name.and harry potter is evil.i dont see the big deal about a 13 year old dork with powers

Kurai Ha
06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
What's wrong with kids watching shows that help imagination. After all it's just a kids show. If we band that we'll have to band EVERY show on tv. News shows people falling out of buildings, getting shot, getting blown up. Gummy bears demonstrates that if you dring a magical drink you can start bouncing around. How long before those kids start effiliating magical potion with drugs? People are just overly paranoid about everything and are so pesemistic they must see the evil in everything. Harry potter has nothing to do with religion, so religious people should leave it alone. Let children grow up and have fun. There's no need in taking away their childhood if you are good enough parents to watch out for the kids.

Ωmega
06-07-2005, 04:08 PM
eh,i just say anything i dont like is evil,but i dont think its healthy to be obbsessed over it.i understand if a kid likes it,but some people take it to the extreme.

Myste Silver
06-07-2005, 06:44 PM
At least you're being honest.-_o'

Darrmyth
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Most defenetly tool of the Devil ;')

UltimaChaos
06-09-2005, 07:45 AM
it is satanic because everyone knows that no one keeps dark spells INSIDE their book anymore

VARLY
06-09-2005, 08:36 AM
i think harry potter r nice... they offer alot of imaginatical things....
if ppl can differ the lines between reality n imaginary world well, it's nothin matter....
well, kids do take what they see as real-

spirit wolf pup
06-09-2005, 10:42 PM
i say, it's a simple child play book. no more. but that's just me.

Youma
06-12-2005, 08:12 PM
The only time I tried to use witchcraft it was way before Harry Potter even existed :p I had cursed the US army (I was young :|) hmm maybe it worked...

Harry Potter is obviously evil in a dogmatic christian point of view: it promotes paganism, which has for long been christiannity's worst enemy. Witchcraft being shown as a tool of good is exactly the point of this accusation.

heartless love
07-01-2005, 08:47 PM
CHILDRENS BOOK anyone who thinks otherwise is just narrow minded and doesn't like the use of free expression and imagination

VRini87
07-02-2005, 08:49 AM
The whole debate over Harry Potter is really silly. It's so horrible; children are actually reading without being coaxed by teachers and parents. These kids are heretics. I'm a Christian, and I feel the stupidity of this debate makes Christians look naive and ignorant. I understand why more Christians are becoming atheists, becuase these radical Christians are annoying with their ludacris assertions. I guess this means that Shakespeare is evil as well. Parents should be happy children are reading something other than the articles in porno magazines. As for the Teletubies, they're "technological babie" whatever that means. What does a two-year old know about homosexuality? Anyways, if Tinky Winky is gay (he's not. a gay baby, come on), would it really hurt to teach children tolerance for others. Besides, I'm pretty sure you can't turn someone gay. A gay child with straight parents definitely didn't learn to be homosexual by watching his or her parents. If Christianity is to survive, Christians must really try to adapt to our changing world and learn to decipher between the truths and lies of the Bible.

cowboydemon666
07-02-2005, 03:10 PM
im not sure if its a kids book or satans tool, but i do know that theres too many details. its ok for there to be alot, but that book is 800 pages long! what kid is gonna want to read that? i was 3 chapters from finishing it and i couldn't. too... much... description...

LizaLiza
07-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Hm. I think Harry Potter is just for people's entertainment. I've never read any of their books, but I think it's all just a fantasy book. I bet you really can't cast the spells they use and make that person a frog or something; it's FAKE. Fictional means not real.

I use to have a friend who is christian and she was very VERY exaggerative. She said I was going to hell for reading manga, mainly Inu-Yasha. She started spreading rumors about the book and some people started reading them, they call it porn now. Yeah...some of demons in the book don't wear much clothing, but that doesn't mean it's porn, ugh. Even teachers in my school call it a tool of satan. x__x; I hate people in my school, they really need to think of things first before the blurt them out and start branding it. It also went the same for my other manga's; Hellsing, Fruit's Basket, Rurouni Kenshin, and Full Metal Panic.

As for Poke'mon and Yu-Gi-Oh, they are just entertainment. You can't take a card, which is a piece of carboard, and make a big ol' monster come out of it. And even in the show, it's just a...holigram? I don't know what to call it. But it's NOT REAL. The same girl who use to be my friend said that Pokemon was in the Bible, she said that it was a tool of Satan. Now, who in the hell would believe that? O_o;If someone does, I pity them...

What is wrong with Santa!? He is just a big ol' jolly man who brings the children toys! I don't see how he could be Satan or whatever people say about this good hearted man who goes, "Ho, ho, ho." ;__; He is not real, too. And how could Santa be apart of the Christian religion if people say he is Satan?...

Teletubies...

o_O....I don't need to say much about this, it's for the wee ones. It's not a tool of satan. That's my opnion. Kiddy entertainment. =P

Kira_luna
07-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Honestly, Harry Potter to me seems to be just another fantasy book written to entertain people. Its like anything else: any other fantasy stories, several disney movies, etc. There are several things to question yet the point is that you shouldnt. Its all for entertainment.

Kamatari
07-02-2005, 07:36 PM
The thing with the Harry Potter books being a tool of Satan is really stupid. How does it promote witchcraft? I'm pretty sure that any child that grabs a wooden stick and shouts "Stupefy!" at someone won't get many results, and if Potions class promotes drugs, then I'd love to see how they can find dragon scales, or any other ingredients that might be in the book.

I actually found a website a few months ago that had a link to a whole bunch of Christian rants against Pokemon, it was really strange, there were some that accused Pokemon of promoting Taoism, Witchcraft, and whole bunch of other practises. How did they find that in Pokemons? o_O as far as I know, all the people do there is catch Pokemon, make friends and beat Gym leaders so they can become Pokemon Masters, what's so horrid about that?

Dyne
07-02-2005, 07:58 PM
I liek harry pottert=!d He is like wa wiasearxd =D Makes maguicil anbd astufff! +D that rooks.,
I no! It liek teh sucks!!

But uh...seriously though, any one who thinks that this is a "tool of Satan", I have this to say to you....ITS JUST A STORY!!

Tragedy
07-02-2005, 09:57 PM
why does satan always get the bad rap?
anyway
i hate the books .... dunno why

Sweet Lucidity
07-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Harry Potter is a book that is about magic, witches and other things such as that, but there is a clear line between good and evil. It's one of the best (and longest)childrens books in my opinion. And Pokemon? Yeah, Pikachu came straight from Hell...
I hate the Telletubies (you can see the zipper on their costumes!how lame..) but promoting homosexuality? Nah. And YuGiOh is just a card game. Playing Old Maid promoted sexism then!! :yeahthat: hit my target

Timothy
07-02-2005, 10:15 PM
its only satanic if u belive it to be bc really the truth is its all fake

Bushidowarriord
07-02-2005, 10:27 PM
In my opinion the books are great, i just finished the 5th one 2 weeks ago and am awaiting teh 6th later this month. I think the people who say they are evil just misunderstand the meanings of the books. This misunderstanding leads to fear, fear leads to hate, and hate leads to banning/book burning. Thats a basic way that people always deal with something that they dont understand. This basic lack of understanding is whats causing so many problems in our world today.

Yuuki Kurosu
07-31-2005, 01:26 PM
I think its a childrens book because if it doesn't exist then it doesn't hurt!i totally agree with you.....its not a tool of the devil!!!nor is poket monsters(pokemon)or yugioh! ect....if you think poket monsters is a tool of the devil then you must think every anime is a tool of the devil!!i mean this is a childrens show!!sure,theres a LITTLEbit of fighting but this is what most people start out with for anime lovers!!c'mon!!if poket monsters has to much fighting(if thats what you mean by tool of the devil)check outy some of the other animes!!!sporry people if im a little "cranky"ah!he!he!im really a nice persone^^'

roi_the_best
07-31-2005, 01:30 PM
children story of course

-------- SATAN --------
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/beharmut-r.jpg

Queen-of-Mars
07-31-2005, 01:32 PM
I can't stand people who are convinced its a god damn "tool of Satan". What the hell is wrong with those people? They think Harry Potter is bad, metal is ungodly and masturbation will burn your arms off. Wow, these people have issues. -_- I've had to deal with them, I know.

Junior
07-31-2005, 04:44 PM
ok, If you think a children's book is a tool of Satan........ WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?! you need therapy or something, it's a book seires, by some British lady. It's not trained to make kid's satanic.

Raven_Momiji
07-31-2005, 05:14 PM
i dont think it is either... i mean the book has too much violence to be a childs book.. it more of a middle school and up book... but as for tool of satan... well... i have seen some tools and good over coming evil is not one of them... it is a fantasy that some old lady came up with... how can it be evil... it is no worse then half the movies people watch out there... and personally i think it is more suitable for the masses then something like SpongeBob Squarepants... at least they dont live in Bikinni Bottom or work at a Kursty Krap...

Rageling
07-31-2005, 07:18 PM
J.K. Rowling isn't that old. People can't except fantasys that are built for anyone over the age of 12. Let's face it if a fantasy is geared toward a child it's a fairy tale but just ad a slightly more mature plotline and bam it is critisized. I wasn't going to post any more in this thread but I'm doing this in response to the media caused by the 6th book. People have stopped critisizing it for witchcraft and started the whole to vilent for a childrens book. Well guess what any story where the main caharacter is fourteen or up is hard to make into a childrens book because of the way that most teenagers act I mean most of this site is teens and I don't think any of us act G rated very much of the time and if your going to portray a war like she's doing it will get kinda adult.

Darrmyth
07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
LOOK i allready told you the tool of the devil

mike2yang
07-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Im a christian too and i think it is a childerns book. There nothing in it that makes it a devils tool because i am sure that j.k. rowling is also a christian herself. Plus it makes the book more interesting but also shows many good things in it.

Gjallarhorn
07-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Those hardcore-christian fundamentalists will find a way to say anything is the work/tool of the devil, from Harry Potter, to Tellitubbies, to Spongebob.....basically anthing that will distract today's youth from the Church.....If it involves magic, it is the trying to make kids worship the devil, if it is a non-masculine-talking-sponge, they claim the sponge is trying to convert straight kids to homosexuality.....and yet they are the type of people who went to an elementry school near near my town with signs saying "god hates f**s" because a girl wrote a paper about Ellen Degeneres(spelling?), and try to convert non-christians into christians......If they had their way, all anyone would ever do is read the Bible over and over again.....I'm gunna stop myself here......;)

Harry Potter is not a tool of Satan, its a book written by J.K Rowling, a British author......

Darrmyth
07-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the bad rep guys i would like more please

Marie2007
08-01-2005, 05:40 PM
i think it is both but it is more of a children's book then a tool of satan

harakiri
08-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Harry Potter series... a tool of the Devil? *falls over*

Not in my opinion.
not mine either:<_<:

stigmatize
08-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Harry Potter? tool of the Devil?
.....Never thought of it that way.

That's quite an absurd idea really...It's just a story book for kids...and adults. :D

PigFarts
08-03-2005, 03:11 PM
if the harry potter books are a tool of satan, then i'm god and i know ALL the answers to the questions humans ask...but i don't know the answers! i'm not god, and therefore, the harry potter books are NOT a tool of satan. how ABSURD is that? it's a children's book series that, not only children, but teenagers and adults can enjoy. so stop with the insanity!

and with the teletubbies...that's not the work of satan either...but it IS the work of people on drugs......that show is freaky.

sweetviciouskittycloud
09-16-2005, 08:54 AM
dude my aunt reads harry potter so do i -n- my cousinand we dont see no wrong in it

Loljoke
09-16-2005, 08:58 AM
oh come on its just a good fiction book!
i love the books, they're really well written, i also think the half-blood prince is the best one yet.
and it isnt just for children, i know tons of adults that reads the books, including my mother and my cousin.

mokulen22
09-16-2005, 09:18 AM
*laughs* tool of the devil..PLLLLEASE. That's so funny, some people make me laugh.

bms
09-16-2005, 09:52 AM
There is no devil. lol

mimichan1000
09-16-2005, 12:53 PM
the religious groups some consevative parents need 2 back the hell off and let us enjoy what we want! not everything is the devil's work!:mad:

Loljoke
09-16-2005, 01:21 PM
not everything is the devil's work!:mad:
indeed

nami
09-16-2005, 01:35 PM
I likes the Harry Potter series. I have an aunt and uncle who don't allow their children to read the books or watch the movies. I've heard their reasoning, but I don't understand it. I don't think that it's fair of pro-Potter folks to get so angry and curse the anti-Potter folks, though. As with everything else, evryone is entitled to their own opinion. Just because you disagree doesn't give you a right to say that they're wrong. That's the great thing about opinions: there is no wrong one!

On a slightly related note, I don't think that the Harry Potter books can be qualified as "children books" anymore. Harry has been tortured, has watched a class mate, his mentor, and his god father be murdered before his eyes, and is leaving school to fight a war. Not exactly happily ever after material.

12-24-2005, 11:09 AM
there is no devil and there is no god

shadow_stalker
12-24-2005, 11:26 AM
there is no devil and there is no god
uhhhhhh???

Keitaru-san
12-24-2005, 12:27 PM
looool forget all that why people always have to be like that...thank god dogs arent represent satan otherwise everyone would sloughter them.

people like them always exist and becuase of it others can rest without thinking of hey what they are up to now.

and thanks to this people terrorist are born, and they say well all muslims are terrorist, im not sure about that but im muslim and i have no intention of even mentioning bieng terrorist, but hey every you go bad and good people exist, this for of topic.

harry potter is just story, and he supposly is a hero in books just like superman, batman and others, instead of criticising them why can't we enjoy its nice story and leave it like that. on topic.

p.s Witchcraft is also forbidden in islam but that doesn't mean i can't enjoy a good movie with nice story.

Masali
12-24-2005, 12:46 PM
The thing is, yes wizardry and sorcery is the work of the devil and practicing it is a heracy against god, it is one of the moral vices. However, Harry potter was in no way intended to be a work against god for the devil. It's a book about wizards in school, kids at a young age aren't yet exposed to the moral vices and heracys of faith so it's just innocent fun to them. I really wouldn't read too much into it, cause harry potter pretty much just rips alot of it's stuff from Tolkein anyway.

Edit: Oh snap! 666th post =O

Edit again: oh and 666, you're a freaking hypocrit. There is no devil? your name is 666, the number of the beast. The 3 numbers of perpetual imperfection as represented by the antichrist and satan himself. Get a clue before you start rambling off facts you think up to try and seem cool.

Keitaru-san
12-24-2005, 12:49 PM
hahahahaha now you said that reminds me if i was like that i would have to lay off the games like ff and other rpg games or any other games that got mages and wizards hahahaha that would be foolish. sorry for bieng harsh.

12-25-2005, 02:36 PM
The thing is, yes wizardry and sorcery is the work of the devil and practicing it is a heracy against god, it is one of the moral vices. However, Harry potter was in no way intended to be a work against god for the devil. It's a book about wizards in school, kids at a young age aren't yet exposed to the moral vices and heracys of faith so it's just innocent fun to them. I really wouldn't read too much into it, cause harry potter pretty much just rips alot of it's stuff from Tolkein anyway.

Edit: Oh snap! 666th post =O

Edit again: oh and 666, you're a freaking hypocrit. There is no devil? your name is 666, the number of the beast. The 3 numbers of perpetual imperfection as represented by the antichrist and satan himself. Get a clue before you start rambling off facts you think up to try and seem cool.
I gave myself the name 666 becuase people seem not to like it, or me. :wacko:

SilverOcean
12-25-2005, 03:12 PM
You know this is so funny! Because the last time I checked didn't priests say Anime was a tool of the Devil? Seriously don't get you're panies all bunched up, it's just a cartoon.

Really though Harry Potter is just a children's book. The use of magic? Most fairy tales have magic in them. Magic in stories can be used for both good and/or evil. Draco's attitude toward muggels shows that racism is bad; it does not promote it.

Pokemon? Yu-gi-oh? If you think they're tools of the Devil why are you on an anime forum to begin with?

Teletubbies? Who cares. If a person wants to be gay or a lesbian that is their choice; it's their life. I may not agree with it but like the expression, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." You should treat people as you would want to be treated. Beside do the Teletubbies even have to same genders as humans? They might be hermaphrodites or even something else.

Keitaru-san
12-25-2005, 06:11 PM
weather believe in devil and god or don't believe its up to you but respect others beliefs, and if you want facts i have lots of fact to believe in god, devil and super natural, cuase you don't see them doesn't mean they don't exit, and for fact i've seen super natural, and the majority also believe in supernatural, so i can tell you they exist, but its up to you to believe, but don't force it to people, and i wish people had seen what i saw so they would believe in super natural as well.

but hey its your decission and beliefs, but respect others beliefs.

Masali
12-25-2005, 06:17 PM
You know this is so funny! Because the last time I checked didn't priests say Anime was a tool of the Devil? Seriously don't get you're panies all bunched up, it's just a cartoon.

Really though Harry Potter is just a children's book. The use of magic? Most fairy tales have magic in them. Magic in stories can be used for both good and/or evil. Draco's attitude toward muggels shows that racism is bad; it does not promote it.

Pokemon? Yu-gi-oh? If you think they're tools of the Devil why are you on an anime forum to begin with?

Teletubbies? Who cares. If a person wants to be gay or a lesbian that is their choice; it's their life. I may not agree with it but like the expression, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." You should treat people as you would want to be treated. Beside do the Teletubbies even have to same genders as humans? They might be hermaphrodites or even something else.you missed the point by a mile and a half. Yes it IS a childrens book and no it's NOT a tool of satan, but Sorcery IS a moral vice and a tool of the devil. Im not saying Harry Potter is satanistic, but I am saying sorcery is. Also, anime? where the hell did you get that one from? Anime is not a devil tool, it's a cartoon...from japan. Maybe some of the content in hentai "sorcery, sex, rituals, etc...) could be morally polar but not anime itself.

Faceless111
12-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Also, anime? where the hell did you get that one from? Anime is not a devil tool, it's a cartoon...from japan. Maybe some of the content in hentai "sorcery, sex, rituals, etc...) could be morally polar but not anime itself.
Well, actually, there was a petition that basically said "Anime corrupts youths and encourages underaged sex, therefore it should be against the law." It was talking about Love Hina, and all those other crappy romance animes, but it said anime was 'evil.' I disagree, but there was such a thing.

SilverOcean
12-25-2005, 08:34 PM
you missed the point by a mile and a half. Yes it IS a childrens book and no it's NOT a tool of satan, but Sorcery IS a moral vice and a tool of the devil. Im not saying Harry Potter is satanistic, but I am saying sorcery is.
Where do I say Harry Potter is a tool of the Devil? Hmmm? No where!

And yes, I know the use of sorcery is forbidden in the Bible. But remember, this is fantasy? Fantasy is not true. I know the difference between fact and fiction.

Also, anime? where the hell did you get that one from? Anime is not a devil tool, it's a cartoon...from japan. Maybe some of the content in hentai "sorcery, sex, rituals, etc...) could be morally polar but not anime itself.
I did not say anime was the tool of the Devil. I said:

(Read more carefully next time! Haven't you ever heard of sarcasm?)

When I went to a private school, in a church, they said anime was the tool of the Devil; but that doesn't mean I agree with them. Why would I be on an anime forum if I agreed with those priests?

Mushrambo
12-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Harry Potter by all means is not a tool of the devil. In that case then over half of this stuff in the world is a tool of satan! I was told that and I think it's true but maybe it's not that halloween was the day of worshipping the devil ......but ppl get mad over a book. If u don't believe in magic then don't read the book leave it alone, it's not right to force ur beliefs on ppl because u don't like a darn book with witchcraft and wizardry in it! I read all the books so far and like the others said before me it's creates good character, friendship, etc. on ppl who read it. By far these r some good books.

darkfire01
12-25-2005, 11:34 PM
I agree with mushra because i have read and own all of the books. so please don't push yourselves onto ppl. keep it to yourself.

japonice_aeris
12-26-2005, 01:15 AM
depends on the reader and how he/she interprets it...

Katrina_Survivor2
12-26-2005, 01:32 AM
You make the call.
Teletubies --> Another tool of the devil, promoting the seeds of homosexuality in americas youth.
YuGiOh --> Magic, monsters, and trading cards. Never a good mix in the eyes of any christan fundamentalst. Also a tool of SATAN!
Ok, I'll try to keep myself from exploding.

Harry Potter is pure fiction. Anyone who could take it as either christian propaganda or as pagen hypnosis is a tad paranoid.

The last time I watched pokemon was to long ago to think about that sort of stuff, so I couldn't tell you.

As for teletubies, first of all, homosexuality isn't wrong. But that's another topic. But that alone is enough for me to throw out thier entire "TV is promoting sinful behavior" arguement.

As for yu-gi-oh, also pure fantasy.

To sum it up, the neo-conservative christian fundamentalist are so close minded that they shut out anything that doesn't conform to thier exact beliefs or even hints against thier exact beliefs(this applies to the merry christmas vs. happy holidays arguement as well).

Mink
12-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Harry Potter is not the devils tool! Jeez, u people are crazy! The books are lovely and brilliant!

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
12-30-2005, 12:07 AM
i hate it when one of the selections has to do with a specific religion -_-;

its just a damn fantacy book that does nothing but entertain others and allows choldren to use their imagination. i got all the books. where you got the tool of the devil from i may never know.
i WOULD read the book. but im too buisy with Eldest.

pokemon: What The Hell Is So Bad About Adorable Little Made Up Animals With Speacial Powers!!!!!
teletubies: just a stupid children show. nothing to do with what YOUR talking about.
yugioh: DUDE!!!! yugioh is awsome! and if it had to do with the DEVIL why the hell would they hold tournaments at childrens toy stores!!!! its pure fantacy! magic and monsters! not everything has to do with the devil! SHEESH!!!!

*tries not to explode*

Watch! Next Youll Think Several Video Games Is A Tool Of The Devil!!! >.<

and another thing.... There is NO devil and there is NO god! :banghead:

1000 Devils Reigne
12-30-2005, 05:30 AM
Hummm Harry Potter a tool of the devil?
Preposterous, yet another farce of the stupidity and paranoia of Christians,catholics ect. If you have ever seen the movies read the books...then you know it is a children's story about magic and growing up keeping the magical imagination alive. People are FAR too serious in todays world, bad this bad that...politics are much much worse and bad for you than Harry Potter.
The worlds religions are board yet again I'm afrade...acting just like that moronic feminine rights activists thing that went hot on the heels of another stupid movie "Pretty Woman", blah a bunch of poppycock.

_CTA_
12-30-2005, 05:43 AM
yugioh is not tool of satan!!

TodayIsMine
12-30-2005, 07:29 AM
lon...i'm just going to say, i think you take things way too seriously and way too strongly. you have to settle down a bit...Harry Potter is not a tool of the devil, and neither is any one of thsoe other things you listed. and about the teletubies thing...there's really nothing wrong with homosexuality...people have a right to choose their lifestyles...just calm down...nothing is a tool os the devil ok! lol

danny300
12-30-2005, 07:44 AM
Harry Potter a tool of the devil? Hahahahaha.... His just a kids hero... :P

Master Of Shred
12-30-2005, 08:01 AM
Harry Potter...Yugioh... in league with Satan?! OMG oh jeeze not THAT is a GOOD one lmao!!

~Troublesome Woman~
03-30-2006, 04:20 AM
The subject has been debated, argued, run into the ground, and regurgitated for another round of hostile negotiations. But then again, the discussion has not yet, to my knowledge been brought up here.

And what better time than now, the eve of book six: The Half Blood Prince?

So, pro or con, for or against? Is Harry Potter just a simple childs book, nothing more than a childrens story woven together from the imagenation of a middle age woman, OR is Harry Potter an ingenious tool of the christan devil, cleaverly mused and written in the innocent and unarming format of a childs story book???

You make the call.

Harry Potter is the work of the devil. Yeah, I mean, honestly. Who could possible imagine any of that evil stuff unless they where tools of Satan themselves?
Somehow, I think not. Harry Potter is a brilliant book that has nothing, NOTHING to do with the devil. If people can't see that, well, sucks to them, because they're missing out on the best book it the world *has read whole series 7 times, minus 6th book which has read 3 times*
Pokemon? Honestly...

Sayoran
03-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Harry Potter is no "tool of the devil" *LoL*, it's a simple children's book written (and quite poorly written in my opinion *>_>*) for the entertainment of children.

Thanks,
Sayoran ^_^

Bluefox-chan
03-30-2006, 11:03 AM
HP is nothing more that a good read and a horrible movie series....
nuff said

KilalaKitsune
03-30-2006, 04:11 PM
EVERYTHINGS the tool of the devil these days lmao. Well anyway, I don't think Harry Potter is a tool.

Mr. blue-reddragoon
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
my bro watch harry potter

~Troublesome Woman~
03-30-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm a Harry Potter Freak! Wheeeeeeeee! Gotta' love love LOVE Snape.
I think it's kind of insane how people think Harry Potter is like, the tool of the devil. It's just a book! A purely fictional, harmless book... still can't get over Pokemon... *has a fit of giggles*

anime OG
03-31-2006, 07:08 PM
I don't think it is but I don't like harry potter so srry!!! But I don't think it is a book of satan!!!