PDA

View Full Version : What do you listen to?

Queen-of-Mars
01-17-2005, 12:36 PM
So, as the title says, voice what tunes you play when you're feeling happy, angry, depressed, etc.

This past week, going through my grandfather's funeral, I was more into New Age stuff, the calming approach. Sometimes, when I would think back about my family, i'd end up with heavier music such as metal or rock. I've found music to be a very healing approach to whatever life throws you.

Zack2
01-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Well my mom had went to jail for something i didn't now about so ever since then i have been listening to Aeris's Pure Heart theme to calm my nerves on a lot of things

Taikyo
01-17-2005, 11:23 PM
hmmm...I guess I love listening to Chage and Aske midis alot...I even use it in my site ^^;; I guess it makes me calm just listening to it. But if I'm in a sad mood I would probably listen to one of X's midis, or Cage bird from D.N. Angel. And for a happy song I looove listening to Gravitation's opening theme;Super Drive.

Nineteenth
01-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Let's see.

Annoyed: Kill Whitney Dead-Anysong from their "Never Good Enough" album.

Apathetic: Misc. Ultraman Theme songs.

Depressed: It's the End of the World- REM

Lovesick: Starry Eyed Surpise

Strange:An Die Freude / Ode to Joy

Gloomy/Lovesick :She's got an Halo ~Faith and the Disease

Tired: Gloomy Sunday ~ Christian Death

Happy: The Unquiet Grave ~ Faith and the Muse, The Knife ~ Christan Death. Pandora's Box ~ Collide, Far away Swing ~ Undressed in Red

Lethargic: Domo Arigato Mr.Robot ~ Styx

Bored: Slice of Life ~ Wild Child Bound

Amused: Living Dead Girl, Meet the Creeper, More Human Than Human, SuperBeast,Dragula ~ Rob Zombie

WhateverMood: Burning Love~ Gundam , Eternal Wind ~ Gundam F91, Dead Girls ~Voltaire,Anything by Inkkubus Sukkubus.

And everything else... Is either music that everyone hates, or videogame soundtracks. The Complete FF7, FF8, CronoCross and Trigger, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Samurai Pizza Cats, Random Ultraman..

Pakachu
01-18-2005, 09:22 PM
for some reason the bettier i feel the darker the music i wanna listen too.
must be something about balancing myself out... get too happy who knows what might happen o_O

sjøpølse
01-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Annoyed: The Mars Volta, Les Marmottes Aplaties, Les Vulgaires Machins

Apathetic/Empty: Sleep Station, The Robot Ate Me

Depressed: Okkervil River, The Cure, Neutral Milk Hotel, Immaculate Machine

Lovesick: Carla Bruni

Strange: Jean Leloup

Gloomy: Banlieue Rouge

Tired: Godspeed You!..., Sigur Rós

Happy: Essex Green, Apples In Stereo, NMH, The Marshmallow Coast, ...

Lethargic: Explosions In The Sky

Bored: Røyksopp, Aphex Twin, Jean-Michel Jarre

Amused: They Might Be Giants, The Futureheads

Whatever Mood: mmm

Finally: do not believe any of the sated above as the music craves and the waves effects also vary with my mood. I told you not to trust me.

EDIT:

Now Mood: The Unicorns

Grizzly bears are people too.
Baby peacocks are people too.
Caterpillars are people too.
Old narwhals are people too.

Gjallarhorn
01-18-2005, 10:29 PM
depressed: Staind. Gorillaz
Happy: Gorillaz, .hack OSTs
angry: Staind, Linkin Park, Mindless Self Indulgence, System of a Down, Static-x
bla: mostly everything xept hip hop and country (and most rap)

animeseishi
01-19-2005, 05:31 AM
i love almost all music...but i dont like hard rock....

UltimaChaos
01-19-2005, 07:19 AM
im very angry when i listen to rap...b/c i hate it
im really happy when i listen to hard rock and metal..b/c it rocks! rock on!

Bloodthorn
01-19-2005, 07:20 AM
right on chaos

UltimaChaos
01-19-2005, 07:23 AM
cure, tool, metallica, nirvana, korn, system of a down, AC/DC....come people!!!..these are some of the greatest bands ever!

Zack2
01-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Nice chaos. You sure know your bands. I should get a look on some of the bands you just said

Tsuna Kadiri
01-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I love all kinds of music, but I mostly listen to Rock,(all aspects of it). I like Jazz and Blues too. Oh yeah!!!, But I REALLY like The Cure:D!!!! I can't stop listening to their new album!!!! I swear, it's been playing in my stereo for the past 3 months straight.

Some other bands: Motley Crue, The Police, U2, Michael McDonald, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Guns n' Roses, Sade, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and MANY, MANY MORE!!!!

little:k
01-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Oh Back streeck boys four when i'm sad.
Sticks when i'm happy.

sorry for double Posting

Tsuna Kadiri
01-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Oh Back streeck boys four when i'm sad.
Sticks when i'm happy.

sorry for double Posting
Do you mean Styx?? My cousin listens to them, I think they made that song, " Domo Arigatou, Mr. Roboto" That song is cool!!:)

Zack2
01-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I think that song is cool to my MP3 player always plays that on the 2nd song for a randomize setting. But its cool though. Tsuna you should let your stereo take a rest and it would save you alot of things.

Tsuna Kadiri
01-19-2005, 05:51 PM
I think that song is cool to my MP3 player always plays that on the 2nd song for a randomize setting. But its cool though. Tsuna you should let your stereo take a rest and it would save you alot of things.
Hehe!:laugh: Maybe I should ask it if it's getting tired! I'm waiting for the new Motley Crue album to come out. Maybe then I'll change the C.D, but for now....It's The Cure all the way!!

____
01-19-2005, 08:49 PM
eh, usually anime music. but i mainly listen to heavy metal.

Calm : Inner Universe, Hey Jealousy

Depressed: Evanescence

Tired: Caged Drain, Ex Dream, Cure for the slash

Happy: (Depends)

Angry: Anything from Rob Zombie, KoRn, Trapt

Amused: .Hack//, It's the end of the world, (Mainly anime music)

Currently : 4 and one

Tsuna Kadiri
01-19-2005, 08:56 PM
cure, tool, metallica, nirvana, korn, system of a down, AC/DC....come people!!!..these are some of the greatest bands ever!
Your absolutely right!! AC/DC all the way, baby!!! :D

"TNT, I'm dynomyte!!":laugh:

R384149
01-22-2005, 11:22 PM
I know this has prbably been asked several times but what kinda music do u listen to?I listen to oldskool(1980s)Rap,some older rock(70s) and disco:D .

[BlackDeath]
01-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Most kinds of Metal, J-Pop (strange combination i'm sure!) and some other random genres, most bands have at least one or two good songs.

Gjallarhorn
01-23-2005, 11:51 AM
rock
hard rock
soft rock
j-rock
classic rock(70's and 80's)
techno
some old school rap
jazz
blues
ambience
latin opera
metal
funk
funk rock
most instument music
j-pop

how many genres of rock are there now?;)

Tsuna Kadiri
01-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Oh!! I love these threads!!

I love ALL rock, jazz music, and blues. I really don't hate any type of music, because I will probably hear it and sing it in the car or shower!:)

Rap isn't one of my favorites, but I can tolerate it when needed.:laugh:

Sweet_Angel
01-23-2005, 09:09 PM
I listen to K-pop and J-pop. And some english songs at times.

Shu-chan_511
01-23-2005, 11:56 PM
i listen to rock, j-pop, j-rock, some techno.fav j-rock singer is Kotani Kinya.http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

sub
01-27-2005, 08:16 PM
i listen to rock and rap

Shadow_Warrior
01-27-2005, 08:17 PM
rock..and hip hop...more specific....linkin park...simple plan...black eyed peas......

sub
01-27-2005, 08:24 PM
ok linkin park and I-20 mainly

Mistress Koneko
01-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I listen to all kinds of music. Punk, Rock, Pop, J-Pop, K-Pop, Classic Rock etc. etc.

I will listen to just about anything as long as it has a good beat to it. ;) There are very few music genres I won't listen to, but if I don't I have my reasons.:p

night_reaper
02-01-2005, 02:55 PM
My Fav kinda music is rock. Most of my friends listen to rap and when i am with tham i have to listan to it. But i like to listen to rock more. Rock On!!

CrimsonLumiere
02-03-2005, 09:42 PM
I like ballad and rock

mangaXmarilynmansonXanime
02-23-2005, 04:30 PM
I like---no wait, I LOVE to listen to Marilyn Manson ^_________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________* And Motley Crue, and oooo, Green Day too :3 I like to listen to Hardcore, N' metal XD sometimes enya for the hell of it o_O

krad22
02-23-2005, 04:55 PM
I listen to country, it's so totllay soothing

Ninja Hatake Kakashi
02-23-2005, 04:59 PM
rock, jp rock, jp hip hop ,and punk ^^

krad22
02-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Guys country is totally better

Tsuna Kadiri
02-23-2005, 05:05 PM
And Motley Crue, and oooo, Green Day too :3 I like to listen to Hardcore, N' metal XD sometimes enya for the hell of it o_O
Yay! A Motley Crue fan!!! *Busts out a guitar* Rock on!! ^_^

Oh, and another thing....... KRAD!!! DON'T QUADRUPLE POST!!! It's against the rules to double/triple post. So please don't do that. It makes people angry and is considered spam. Just incase you didn't know. ^_~

Slayerfan
02-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Heavy Metal and Rock no matter what kind of mood i'm in

mangaXmarilynmansonXanime
03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
I listen to heavy metal, metal, intrumental mental, hardcore metal, punk...and japanese. But the artist I mainly listen to, like all the time--is Marilyn Manson XD
img]http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/18.gif[/img]

Eva®
03-12-2005, 06:56 PM
When I'm sad I listen to the music ''of nature'' (Just going outside and hear the birds sing and the wind wisper ) It makes me calm, but when I'm not outside I listen to rock ,, But most of the time I listen to rock ^.^ And I agree with music to be very healing approach to whatever life throws you,, condole with your grandfather,, DoeiDoei (=byebye) AbbA// aka Eva® ^.^

*~MMfan48~
03-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Very VERY rare for me to listen to Rap and R&B...I'm more into metal...=o I like to listen to Motley Crue and Marilyn Manson the best XD My favorite band is Marilyn Manson, I'm always listening to them---every day ^_^

Chibi Rae-chan
04-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Lots of music!! :D

Welly, almost all genres, I'm not so picky when it comes to music!

I just love having something to listen to...

Of course, I don't listen much to rap...

:<_<: Well, it depends on the lyrics, actually.

nyar majinn
04-26-2005, 02:57 AM
My favourite bands are pantera and dream theaterhttp://www.chromedreams.demon.co.uk/cov/pantera.jpg

Missy
04-26-2005, 04:02 AM
I'm a fan of all kinds of music..... I like techno... hip hop..... rap.... r&b..... some rock... alternative stuffs... j-pop/k-pop...... it really depends on my mood. :P

mistress-sama
06-28-2005, 08:38 AM
I listen all kinds of music. But there is music that I can listen all day and never get bord of it: Miyamoto Shunichi's Byakuya~True Light~ and Caged Bird. I like all the songs in D.N.Angel but Miyamoto Shimichi's are my favorite ^^

№¹³
06-28-2005, 08:47 AM
I prefer a bit of Rock, myself, but I listen to all types. As many have said already, it really depends on my mood.

EternaDragoon
06-28-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm a fan of J-pop mostly, but I also like classical and opera. Oo, and singers and standards like Frank Sinatra and Elli Fitzgerald.
>.<

kaisen
06-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Annoyed: 50 Cent, Arashi, L'arc en ciel, Gackt, Malice Mizer

Empty: Alicia Keys, Usher, Hitomi, Gackt, Malice Mizer

Depressed: Miyavi, V6, Gackt, Malice Mizer

Tired: Avril Lavigne, NEWS, Gackt, Malice Mizer

Happy: Gackt, Malice Mizer, Ayumi Hamasaki

Bored: Gackt, Glay, Malice Mizer

Amused: Akon, Kinki Kids, Gackt, Malice Mizer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually I listen to alot of J-rock, J-pop and gothic rock xD But it all depends on my mood... But I usually listen to Gackt and Malice Mizer no matter what my mood is ^^;;;

ryu=otaku
06-28-2005, 09:14 AM
me...well...1) true light...2) deathscythe's theme 3) heavy arm's theme 4) .hack...thousand and one night's...and... 5)evanescence... =)

Chibi Goku
06-28-2005, 09:20 AM
I listen to Hip Hop, Rock, Rap, Rap Rock, Trip hop, Krunk, J-pop, J-rock , J-Hip Hop and some metal..but not heavy stuff (like slipknot)

Marie2007
06-29-2005, 09:03 AM
i listen to pretty much everything