PDA

View Full Version : Surgery

SailorCross
01-18-2005, 12:30 PM
For those of you who know, I had surgery yesterday. 7 months ago I had the same procedure done on my left foot. The last surgery went well and I have healed perfectly. I just wanted to let you know I probably wont be on for a while, because my percocet makes me dizzy and drowsy. But I thought I'd let you know how it went. The surgery went very well just like last time. Not everything is the same as last time though. I had some pain from my IV before surgery and I passed out from the medicine. After the asthetics wore off after 6 hours and I've had some pain in my foot. The percocet didn't work at first but now it is because I'm getting the same side effects as last time.

Also, if anyone has had any surgery or procedure that has happened to anyone, let us know. Or if you have a mecial condition share it with everyone.

Kewii
01-18-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm glad the surgery went well.
Enjoy the painkillers ;)

[BlackDeath]
01-18-2005, 12:44 PM
So all in all it went well then. Glad to hear from you, and good luck with your recovery ^^

Pakachu
01-18-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm glad the surgery went well.
Enjoy the painkillers ;)
LOL!!
...am i the only one in the modern world who hasnt taken any pain killers stronger than aspirin?

but anyways glad to hear all went well SC.
i've only gone into surgury once as far as i know and that was way back when i was like 6 for my tonsils. don't remember much about it other than 1 it sucked and 2 GREEEEEN JELL-OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Zedekiah
01-18-2005, 03:30 PM
I fixed both my big toes.

Took some heavy meds. Didn't affect me much.

Seems like I didn't create any threads.

Strange.

Lika
01-18-2005, 05:02 PM
i'm glad to hear it all went good ^^
hope your recovery goes good

gadgetgirl16
01-18-2005, 05:33 PM
thats so good to hear, and im glad it went well....have fun with the pain killers....u will need a lot of them ^_~
i did had surgery before when i was 15, but it was at the dentist, to get 4 of my wisdom teeth out (and they did put me to sleep)....but thats the only surgery i had...thats it....

Justina / Tenchigirl15
01-18-2005, 05:36 PM
o wow, that reminds me when I had my back surgrey 2 years ago for scoliosis. :blink: my gowd I remember'd my body felt like hell -_-

anyway hope youll get better soon ;) inclouding your foot. :P and as Kluts said "Enjoy the painkillers!!!" ;)

Tsuna Kadiri
01-18-2005, 05:51 PM
I know how pain feels, belive me! I have been undergoing physical therapy for 2 months now for my neck due to a horseback riding injury. I kinda fell off while going over a jump! Clumsy me!
Well, I hope you have a fast recovery, and use ice, it really helps manage pain, no matter what the doctors tell ya:)

Nineteenth
01-18-2005, 06:26 PM
I hope I recover as well as you guys have, I am due in for an Nose Job. Not plastic or remaking , something along the lines of the doctor going in through the back of my mouth, breaking what's left of my nosebone (Unlike most people.. I am currently immune to having my nose broken by normal means.) and resetting it to a proper place.
I am jumping for joy, for one reason. This is going to be (hopefully) one of the last operations I have to go though.
Let's see.I 've had my tonsils removed three times, Abnoids removed twice ,hearing aids installed into my ears twice. It's really fun if you like picking up radio signals in class. ^^!
Others, not listed...

Hey does anyone know if they use a new flavored clotting agent for neck operations? That old one tasted like blood, or was it blood..Who knows?