PDA

View Full Version : What do u think of Cartoon Networks new look?

Jagan Eye
01-09-2005, 03:17 PM
I hate it. They tried to copy Adult Swim. Like here I am enjoying the End song for Gundam Seed and the girl starts talkin'. It gets on my nerves.

*Nosferatu-Adore
01-09-2005, 03:54 PM
That's what YTV in Canada does, too... It annoys me...

little:k
01-09-2005, 07:06 PM
What do you mean?
The magooze thing or the girl that tell whats the next show?

BladeWing
01-10-2005, 04:36 AM
We don't get any anime on Cartoon Network over here. It sukorz really. But if you like the ending to Gundam Seed so much, I can give it you =)

-BladeWing.

Jakiao
01-10-2005, 06:36 AM
Every station does voice overs when the credits are running. If you want to hear the song, go download it or something. This isn't Cartoon Network's "new" look. They've been doing this same format for over a year now. Adult Swim has -never- done a voice over ever since they changed to the silent black and white bumps. Quit complaining o_O;

ninjaStan
01-10-2005, 12:37 PM
the new look of CN doesnt bother me but yea that girl's voice is flippin' annoying and p.s. i hate magoozi and i hope the program burns in the fiery pit of hell!
*ahem* sorry 'bout' that, anyway yea they need to get rid of the voice when credits are showin' especially the good ones
and yea,E.J.knight's right about adult swim not voicing over credits.

Steel-Bladed-Sword
01-10-2005, 12:48 PM
CN it's different from when I was younger. they used to give looney toons alot now they give Ed EDD and EDDY alot. But the anime shows they put on there are awsome.

Jakiao
01-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah, Cartoon Network hybridized into two companies. Cartoon Network and Boomerang. See, Cartoon Network wanted to start pumping out its own new series and very popular genre series already out there. To do this, they had to rid themselves of the cartoons from the 1950's and 1960's since it just didn't work any longer. Personally, I stopped watching Cartoon Network in the late 90's due to the lack of new material. That was shortly after they started up Cartoon Cartoon.

These days, Cartoon Network gears it's primetime, late night, and weekend shows to teenagers and adults. Only during school hours will you find old school cartoons. Obviously, there is more old school than you can shake a stick at. I mean, come on, Boomerang dedicates entire days to a single year of old school stuff. "Today! 1960's cartoons!" It takes them almost a year to cycle back to the 1950's.

I congratulate Cartoon Network for their amazing leap of faith and for creating the new style of cartoons that you see so many others replicating. Yay for Adult Swim, Yay for Toonami, Nay for Magoozie.

gadgetgirl16
01-10-2005, 07:32 PM
i seen it over my grandma's house christmas day (i dont have cable or satelight for 2 1/2 years b/c my parents are so freakin cheap)....i dident like how cartoon network looks....it looks so fake and the rest of the network upsets me.....they took a lot of shows off and the ppl at the end of the show anoy me and i dont like a lot of their cartoons..essept for ed, edd and eddy (i miss it).....i miss the old cartoon network, where watching TV was enjoyment and worth watching....but now, i pefere internet.....

Moved_to_new_account
01-10-2005, 07:45 PM
uh hu, EJK, your right, adult swim rlz, Toonami is pretty cool, and Magoozie and just die, I kmean, why did they have to switch toonami over to only saturday nights? I can't wait for CASE CLOSED to come back

Chibi-chan
01-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Indeed! All of us should over-run CN and kill off Magoozie! *grabs machine guns, grenade launchers, replicas of buster swords, and all other kick-*** weapons*

ninjaStan
01-11-2005, 10:43 AM
:yeahthat: yeah! that's what i said!

Lady Dragon
01-11-2005, 11:47 AM
i think they need 2 put cartoon net work back the way it was before miguzi and such. miguzi is very pointless and the thing on saturdays is not bad but i don't like some of the shows on there. if they're going 2 make it a toonami thing then they should at least get rid of some of the shows they have been playing on there.

kinshin
01-11-2005, 11:55 AM
it o.k but i like the old 1 better

R384149
01-11-2005, 02:28 PM
I hate tha new cartoon network,I liked how cartoon network was about late 2000-early 2001,I miss toonami the rising sun and the midnight run but not haveing it on veryday just pisses me off so much,nobody watches miguzi at all,its so pointless,it can just die,although I like adult swim alot better than when toonami used to have tha midnight run,adult swim should just get its own channel.

ninjaStan
01-11-2005, 02:35 PM
i dont see why they should bring midnight run all they're gonna do is put on re-runs over and over, the only reason famly guy became so popular is cause it was on that channel

Variable_Gunbuster
01-11-2005, 07:09 PM
I personally like it, it's more mature looking. Before it was too kiddy and annoying. Cartoon Network rules!

sword_master
01-12-2005, 09:46 AM
I like toonami it has some cool shows but it mainly bites

Jagan Eye
01-13-2005, 06:09 PM
What do you mean?
The magooze thing or the girl that tell whats the next show?Well i say both!!!!!!!!

Korobi
01-21-2005, 05:57 PM
I personally like it, it's more mature looking. Before it was too kiddy and annoying. Cartoon Network rules!
I agree that it is more mature looking but I hate it because it tried to copy Adult Swim and because the girl never shuts up. she talks too much.

Tsuna Kadiri
01-21-2005, 06:20 PM
New look?? I don't see a change in Toonami other than they took off all the good programs and put on wannabe anime shows!!! Miguzi is horrible!! Even if I was about 4 or 5 years younger, I STILL wouldn't watch it!!!

Like Chibi-Chan said, "BREAK OUT THE COMBAT WEAPONS, MIGUZI IS GOING DOWN!!!" :mad:

i_am_ranma
01-22-2005, 02:27 AM
i truely think that cartoon net works new look stinks because its too cartoony and 3-d which makes it look gay.....i like old cartoon network when they had rising sun midnight run and when toonami was actually good....yet adult swims anime shows are alright but they shouldnt have brought back big o cause its the crappiest show ever.....and i liked how old toonami had the non boring shows.....i agree with you guys that miguzi should die out completely...miguzi's only good show is teen titans

i_am_ranma
01-22-2005, 02:29 AM
Indeed! All of us should over-run CN and kill off Magoozie! *grabs machine guns, grenade launchers, replicas of buster swords, and all other kick-*** weapons* time to make use of the nukes:)

DeathAngel
01-22-2005, 02:42 AM
is there a new lookof cartoon network...i didn't know there was any new changes...

Saiyuko
01-22-2005, 02:51 AM
i truely think that cartoon net works new look stinks because its too cartoony and 3-d which makes it look gay.....i like old cartoon network when they had rising sun midnight run and when toonami was actually good....yet adult swims anime shows are alright but they shouldnt have brought back big o cause its the crappiest show ever.....and i liked how old toonami had the non boring shows.....i agree with you guys that miguzi should die out completely...miguzi's only good show is teen titansDang,why'd they had to take Toonami off the weekdays?It makes every day kinda feel boring....and I agree they should take Miguzi off,why is Miguzi keeping Code Lyoko if it's showing nothing but reruns?!Also,yes,it's annoying when that girl starts talking during gundam seed ending song

Kewii
01-22-2005, 07:54 AM
i_am_ranma: There is an edit button for a reason. Do NOT double post.

Tsuna Kadiri
01-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Dang,why'd they had to take Toonami off the weekdays?It makes every day kinda feel boring....and I agree they should take Miguzi off,why is Miguzi keeping Code Lyoko if it's showing nothing but reruns?!Also,yes,it's annoying when that girl starts talking during gundam seed ending song
Agreed completely. It does feel like there is nothing to watch on the weekdays now that Toonami is gone. Does anyone really watch Miguzi?? I mean, even the younger kids? Because that is the audience that Miguzi is directed toward, right??:unsure: