PDA

View Full Version : Christian heavy metal

Janus Silverlock
01-07-2005, 12:29 AM
I am here just seeing if anyone out there knows anything about this... Personally, it's pretty much all I listen to, it's the perfect example of rebellion at it's finest. This style of music is doomed by it's own existance... it is hated by the church because it is heavy metal, and sounds "satanic" and it is hated by the mainstream because it is christian... I love it. A list of some of the bands are as follows... some are actually on mainstream movie albums I.E. Freddy vs. Jason with Killswitch Engage, when darkness falls and Resident Evil apocalypse with Demon Hunter and Killswitch Engage with My heartstrings come undone and the end of heartache.
okay the band list... this is a small list...

Emery, Demon Hunter, Killswitch Engage, Haste the day, As I lay Dying, Nodes of Ranvier, Dead Poetic, Project 86, Zao, Extol, Living Sacrifice, The Chariot, He is Legend, The Agony Scene... oh man there is so much out there, there's so much more than I've listed here. I LOVE IT! ^_^

Myrra
01-07-2005, 06:45 AM
I've never been particularly fond of metal...so even when I was a Christian, I didn't listen to it. But you do make a good point about the church. Another reason for me to never go back.

Milly
01-07-2005, 07:25 AM
For a minute there, I thought Switchfoot was about to go on that list O.o. Thank goodness! ^_^ Well, I don't listen to heavy metal or christain metal either.

Pakachu
01-08-2005, 08:54 PM
if it sounds good i'll listen to it.

wait.... WHAT!?!
::diggs out Resident Evil:Apocalypse Soundtrack::
O_o...sonova... wow... those songs are pretty good!

Hideeho135
01-08-2005, 09:05 PM
For a minute there, I thought Switchfoot was about to go on that list O.o. Thank goodness! ^_^ Well, I don't listen to heavy metal or christain metal either.

mil, switchfoot is christian alternative, dumb a$$

Janus Silverlock
01-08-2005, 09:32 PM
if it sounds good i'll listen to it.

wait.... WHAT!?!
::diggs out Resident Evil:Apocalypse Soundtrack::
O_o...sonova... wow... those songs are pretty good!
LOL yeah. those songs are good. They aren't their best songs though, you really should look into them if you get the chance. My personal favorite song by Demon Hunter is Not Ready to Die, and my favorite song by Killswitch Engage is... Just Barely Breathing. had to think about that one, b/c killswitch engage has lots of good songs. LOL later.

Ageless Stranger
01-09-2005, 05:16 PM
And let's not forget Norma Jean, and Soulfly :).

I Love Elfy
01-11-2005, 08:07 AM
For a minute there, I thought Switchfoot was about to go on that list O.o. Thank goodness! ^_^ Well, I don't listen to heavy metal or christain metal either.he just forgot to add switchfoot.

And let's not forget Norma Jean, and Soulfly http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
i like Norma Jean

souless cowboy
01-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Its odd to hear about jesus in constant screams, but then again so is christian rap. I dont really like it mostly related to the lyrics but the beats are kind of just the same so eh 4/10

I Love Elfy
01-19-2005, 11:28 AM
i love christan heavy metal