PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Dubbed Anime Ever!

PigFarts
01-06-2005, 03:44 PM
The majority of people apart of this forum (including me) cannot STAND some of the anime's that have been dubbed. But some of the dubbed anime's aren't that bad. So, just questioning you all, which anime do you believe to be the worst dubbed and which anime do you believe is the best (or at least satisfactory) dubbed. (This goes for rewriting of storylines and characters as in sailor moon AND voice actors.)

My opinion? Well, to be honest i haven't seen a TON of anime but the worst dubbed that i have seen would be sailor moon (even though that's how i got into anime, DiC and cloverway really screwed it up. the original is so much better!) the best, well, that's tough but i think cowboy bebop has very good voice actors. heck, I'M satisfied. :p

Moon Blade
01-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Worst: Tenchi Muyo GXP. I could not stand most of the female voices.

Best: FLCL. I LOVE the Fooly Cooly dub. So well done!

WhiteReaper
01-20-2005, 05:39 PM
My vote for the worst dub ever is a split between Yu-Gi-Oh! and Cardcaptor Sakura. Just about everything that could have been done wrong with these dubs was.

With Yu-Gi-Oh!, death was changed to being 'sent to the shadow realm' or 'mysteriously disappearing', everything was americanized, characters couldn't go for 2 minutes without saying something incredibly stupid or nonsensical, and the censorship, oh god the censorship! As for Cardcaptor Sakura, the only thing I'll say is that the characters don't even have the same relationships that they should!

Okay, for the best dub, I'd probably have to go with Gundam SEED.

Censorship is totally unheard of in this dub. The voice actors all sound like the original seiyuu's did (with the notable exception of one...). And everything has been translated perfectly, almost to a fault (by that, I mean that the characters sometimes talk a bit too fast in order to get in all of their lines). The only other bad thing about it is that the opening-Invoke-was cut down to about 20 seconds (also, no other openings are used). Although they did fully keep in the ending.

Moon Blade
01-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Yes...most dubs made for TV are not good. I clearly forgto to mention the Sailor Moon dub, the accuracy and quality is not there. I am sure Yu Gi Oh and Sakura are the same way (though I have not seen them).

Azreal Hellfire
03-24-2005, 02:43 PM
His and hers i think is the name is the best dub and the worst has to be the samurai x ova movies, although if ya listen to it in the original japanese it sounds find but subtitled and english dun go well with it nuh uh no way!

RizaBabe
03-29-2005, 04:20 AM
Pokemon ~ Worst dub @_@!

Taikyo
03-29-2005, 09:39 AM
I think that One Peice (how could they make that be Sanji's voice ;_;? i like the Japanese one better.)was a really bad dubbed one, also CCS the movie 2, and Yugi-oh too! But the best one that was dubbed english would have to be Fruits Basket ^_^. I just loooove Hatori's and Yuki's voice, and Yuyu hakusho. Kurama's voice and everyone else's voice matches.

WhiteReaper
03-31-2005, 04:58 PM
I think that One Peice (how could they make that be Sanji's voice ;_;? i like the Japanese one better.)was a really bad dubbed one
I feel your pain my friend. Even though I've never heard his japanese voice, I've read the manga, and I could tell that his voice should never have sounded like the dub made it...

Upon hearing his voice for the first time, I lost all faith in mankind.

Chouji
03-31-2005, 05:01 PM
ummmmmmm i thinks the worst dubbed one would have to be ranma 1/2 the first movie

Ami~chan
03-31-2005, 05:18 PM
The two worst dubbed animes would have to be Cardcaptors and Sailor Moon. They changed so much in both animes; not only the names are different, but all gay/lesbian context is gone! Instead, Uranus and Neptune are cousins and Li is just really afraid of "Julian".

The best two in my opinion are Cowboy Bebop and Magic Users Club. Out of the entire cast of Cowboy Bebop, the woman who voiced Ed was the best in my opinion. She captured Eds innocence and free spirit perfectly. And from Magic Users Club. the voice actor for Sae was a shining jewel. Saes awkwardness and clumsiness is brought to life by the voice actor. In anime, there are some really bads and some really great dubs.

Kira_luna
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
talk about bad dubbing! one of the worst is definitely Ceres! They messed that up so much, the characters sound nothing like i couldve ever imagined! The dubbing in Abenobashi is bda for the voices, those people have southern accents, though that actually makes it funnier. One Piece has some bad dubbing for some of the characters so does pokemon.

as for the best, FlCl is great! The dubbing for angel sanctuary is good, and its pretty good for Inuyasha too. I also like the dubbing for Rurouni Kenshin.

Crimson Soul
04-14-2005, 08:13 PM
the chrno crusade, chobits, and hack//sign were dubbed really well
as for worst some of the inuyasha episodes dubbing sucked

Tiggit
04-14-2005, 08:19 PM
shaman king
one piece
super milk chan

trigun, Gad Guard, cowboy bebop, were all dubbed really well

Leon Magnus
04-14-2005, 11:47 PM
-shrug- for me..

Worst: .Hack//Legend of Twilight bracelet(Dusk)

Best: .Hack//Sign

Thenox
04-15-2005, 03:06 AM
best dubbed gotta be spriggan!

PigFarts
04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Out of the entire cast of Cowboy Bebop, the woman who voiced Ed was the best in my opinion. She captured Eds innocence and free spirit perfectly.
THANK YOU! i LOVE ed's voice actress! she DOES capture ed's innocence and free spirit. (actually, i just love her for her work on invader zim as gaz, but that's not anime.) anyway, i've been waiting for someone to comment her work. THANK YOU! :awe:

Kinomoto,Sakura
06-09-2005, 08:35 PM
I still like Cardcaptors but I am still really upset about taking out the romance and other things.I guess Cardcaptors is O.K.like the episode:The Switch.lol.But some episodes are terrible like:Dragon Slayer.

Kira_luna
06-09-2005, 10:41 PM
another anime i thought of i Chobits. While some of the character voices are decent, some are horrible, and almost all were different than i wouldve expected.

big anime fan 12345667870
06-10-2005, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089]THANK YOU! i LOVE ed's voice actress! she DOES capture ed's innocence and free spirit. (actually, i just love her for her work on invader zim as gaz, but that's not anime.) anyway, i've been waiting for someone to comment her work. THANK YOU! :awe:[/Q

cowboy bebop is the best and Eds voice is really finds her chariter well well fore give me I can spell that well I love invader zim to I also own cowboy bebop the movie:D :D :D

avrilfan45
06-10-2005, 12:51 PM
i think the worst is sailor moon by a longshot because america thinks om my god lesbo contact kill it they are so like pixies anyway id have to say the best is gundam seed

Bucky Katt
06-10-2005, 04:15 PM
BEST!
Inuyasha
AzuManga Daioh
Angelic Layer

WORST!
Wedding Peach
Tokyo Mew Mew (now known as "Mew Mew Power...DAMN YOU 4KIDS!)
Cardcaptors (so-so in my opinion)

hyllboy88
12-13-2005, 04:17 PM
the worst dubbed anime ever is speed racer hands down

hyllboy88
12-13-2005, 04:18 PM
a really good dubbed anime to look out for is inuyasha

Illidan
12-13-2005, 05:12 PM
best
Dragon ball,rurouni kenshin and trigun
worst
Sailor moon,beyblade and yu gi oh

ryoga-one
12-13-2005, 05:20 PM
a really good dubbed anime to look out for is inuyashayou say that as if no one here has heard of it before, haha:laugh:

anyways i made a thread about what i think is the worst, so look for it. what i think the best one is, is... hmm... i'd say excel saga

Angel~Eyes
12-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Well, in my opininon the best dubbed animes are:

Inuyahsa
Oh! My Goddess
CardCaptor Sakura
Slayers
Escaflowne
Fruits Basket
Gundam Wing

The worst are:

Sailor Moon
Tokyo Mew Mew
One Piece

Luv Angel Eyes

Hinata_pyua_lover
05-04-2006, 10:24 PM
The Best for me would be - InuYasha and Chobits
The Worst - Tokyo Mew Mew and One Piece

Aisu Hinate
05-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Obviously the worst are Naruto and One Piece. I'd say the best are Inuyasha and Dragonball Z

Bucky Katt
05-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Well, in my opininon the best dubbed animes are:

Inuyahsa
Oh! My Goddess
CardCaptor Sakura
Slayers
Escaflowne
Fruits Basket
Gundam Wing

The worst are:

Sailor Moon
Tokyo Mew Mew
One Piece

Luv Angel Eyes
Whoa, whoa, whoa! CardCaptor Sakura had to be the WORST dubbed anime! It wasn't even Cardcaptor Sakura once America was done with it, it was Cardcaptors..
Annoying voices, not to mention the wrong ones..
Oh, and Sakura's almost constant whining..

Aisu Hinate
05-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa! CardCaptor Sakura had to be the WORST dubbed anime! It wasn't even Cardcaptor Sakura once America was done with it, it was Cardcaptors..
Annoying voices, not to mention the wrong ones..
Oh, and Sakura's almost constant whining.. *nodds head* Pretty much.

Music Fiend
05-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Worst: One Piece. Absolutely horrible.

Best: I liked FLCL's English dub. Its very smooth, unlike most dubs. I also like Cowboy Bebop's dub.

AnimeLegend!713
05-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Best: Cowboy Bebop

Worst: One Piece.

*.:Endless Sky:.*
05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Meh list:
Best:
Cowboy Bepop
Inuyasha
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
FLCL
Wolf's Rain
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fruits Basket (There's more but my brain is frazzled from school.)

Worst:
Cardcaptor Sakura
One Piece
Pokemon
Tokyo Mew Mew

SetoKaiba
05-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Best:
.hack//sign
Full Metal Alchemist
Cowboy Bebop
Yu Yu Hakusho

Worst:
Gundam Seed (for a couple of reasons, #1 having someone else do Lacus' singing other than the voice actor, #2 I found some of the characters did not really show the emotion they were supposed to in the voice ie Kira in his fight with Athrun)
One Piece

Princely Dreaming Doll
05-06-2006, 07:01 PM
My opionion all dubbed is awful as heck.

But I will watch a YuYuHakusho in dubbed

Bucky Katt
05-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Worst: One Piece. Absolutely horrible.Hey, don't be hating on One Piece. o__O;;;
No, just kidding. It was dubbed pretty badly. I mean, they got rid of the entire plot line.
Blood?
Gone.
The only thing 4Kids is currently showing kids is that if you copy any of the One Piece stunts, such as being hit with stakes, which they probably edited out from the Don Kreig(sp? on Kreig?) arc, is that you won't die and/or won't bleed. So, yeah, the dubbed show was bad, but the original anime and manga were a lot better.

bafflequeen
05-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Best: Dragon Ball, Inuyasha

Worst: Case Close, Naruto

Bucky Katt
05-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Best: Dragon Ball, Inuyasha

Worst: Case Close, NarutoHey, just be thankful that Naruto didn't fall into the hands of 4Kids. Seriously. Sakura might turn into Stephanie, and Naruto might become Bobby, and Sasuke...I think they may name him something like Dominic. So, yeah, VIZ is trying its best.
Dragon Ball? Which season? If the first, then yeah, totally, but from then on, it kinda just went kerplop!

*.:Endless Sky:.*
05-06-2006, 10:51 PM
I must protect my beloved Naruto show from the corrupting hands of 4kids!!!!! Do not give in!!!!!

Okay I'm starting to sound like Rock Lee....lol.

Darth Tyranus
05-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Best:zone of the enders
Worst:the guyver diss-honorable mention goes to a crappy ninja anime I can't remember for the life of me.

PigFarts
05-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I just want to say...thanks for posting! :p this little thread here has had it's dead times (and i mean really dead times)

but...no one cares about that! anyway, even though I've never seen it, I've heard that the One Piece dub is TERRIBLE...and this goes from what my friend told me, not from all you guys.

I saw Rurouni Kenshin on a couple of best lists and here's my comment: It's a decent dub, I don't mind it at all. But I prefer the dubbed Kenshin voice over the Japanese Kenshin voice. Is it me, or does Japanese Kenshin sound like a woman (becasue I think it is...)?

uzumaki
05-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I really don't like the Naruto dub at all......:<_<:

_allismine_
05-07-2006, 10:28 PM
YuGiOh's sucked, One Piece's sucked, Card Captor Sakura's (or "Cardcaptors") sucked, Sailor Moon's sucked, Naruto's sucked BIG TIME, Tokyo Mew Mew (Power)'s sucked, InuYasha's sucked (except Miroku's), Beyblade's sucked (everyone sounds like the scream when they talk), Battle B'Daman's sucked, Bleach is probably gonna suck...:badrazz:

The only ones I can say did alright was Gundam Seed, Medabots was okay, .hack//SIGN, FMA, and GiTs:SAC. But I haven't seen Wolf's Rain dubbed yet (and I really don't want to.).

uzumaki
05-07-2006, 10:32 PM
I think Adult Swim subs are alright for the most part, but the Toonami subs are clearly trash.

iernt8
05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
The worst is One Piece by far.

I cant really think of a good dubed anime....

Souhi
05-08-2006, 08:07 PM
YuGiOh's sucked, One Piece's sucked, Card Captor Sakura's (or "Cardcaptors") sucked, Sailor Moon's sucked, Naruto's sucked BIG TIME, Tokyo Mew Mew (Power)'s sucked, InuYasha's sucked (except Miroku's), Beyblade's sucked (everyone sounds like the scream when they talk), Battle B'Daman's sucked, Bleach is probably gonna suck...:badrazz:

The only ones I can say did alright was Gundam Seed, Medabots was okay, .hack//SIGN, FMA, and GiTs:SAC. But I haven't seen Wolf's Rain dubbed yet (and I really don't want to.).And here we go. All of the above as _allismine_ pointed out were absolutely terrible in almost every important way. Heavily censored, voice acting that sounds like they pulled random people from off the streets, scenes often changed. It's a shame because, although I love subbed anime, dubs are ( at least when they're well done which is much too rare ) easier to enjoy because although I'm a fast reader, having to look up and down when trying to enjoy a fast paced anime is very tedious. If they could fix one thing at least ( for the love of all that is anime ) make the voices the tiniest bit better. I mean Naruto's voice in the dub sounds like someone took his japanese voice and ran it through a blender, to say the least. I could go on but this could turn into a rant real fast and I don't want to do that at the moment. Until then, I'll make do with some FMA or Gundam Seed ( Not Destiny...oh don't get me started ) Subs will have to do for now I suppose.

Hinata_pyua_lover
05-08-2006, 08:13 PM
mean Naruto's voice in the dub sounds like someone took his japanese voice and ran it through a blender, to say the least. I know! It is so high pitched and stupid!!!!!! RAAAARRRGGGG!!!!

I have now regained my composure:)

bug
05-09-2006, 07:33 PM
The best Dubbed anime in my opinion is Inuyasha. The worst would be Naruto.

The Kid
05-09-2006, 07:38 PM
i think the best dubbed anime is flcl
and the worst is one piece

Opinionated
05-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Best:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
Samurai Champloo.
Full Metal Alchemist(that show was written for the English language).
Gungrave(Also seemingly written for English, but not to FMA's extent).

Neutral:
Inuyasha.(Switch the Kagome and Shippo actors and it would work well).

Bad:
Naruto.
Pokemon.

sheenafan1000
05-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Okay. Let me make it obvious now that I haven't seen that much anime, but I have got to say, the dubbing for One piece is horrible! .hack//SIGN is probably the best outta what I've seen.

_allismine_
05-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Yes, .hack//SIGN had very good VAs. I especially liked Bear and Mimiru's voice. And that guy with the green hair who's super-annoying (Sora, is it?).
I've only seen the english dubbed version, haven't checked out the original yet.

buhbibutterfly
05-10-2006, 10:52 AM
worst: One Piece hands down has got to be the worst anime dubbed I have ever seen. I love the subbed but the dubbed was totally butchered. My one main problem is probably sanji's voice. It's sooooo out of character. Plot is cut out, storyline left out and scenes that would explain things are not there. voices are horrible, editing is horrible everything about it is horrible. Even the change of the opening themesong.

best: the best dubbed series i like would probably be slayers next and irresponsible captain tylor.

PigFarts
05-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Best:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
Samurai Champloo.
Full Metal Alchemist(that show was written for the English language).
Gungrave(Also seemingly written for English, but not to FMA's extent).

Neutral:
Inuyasha.(Switch the Kagome and Shippo actors and it would work well).

Bad:
Naruto.
Pokemon.
Yes, I would agree with Samurai Champloo, even though I have only seen a couple of episodes. The voice actors do a very good job.

Maya Miyazono
05-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I totally agree with the people who said one piece.
It's so tragic! save one piece!!!

Best dub has to be either NGE or Trigun. Both very well done.

Zantetsuken
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Worst - Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon
Best- Bebop, Ninja Scroll TV

aaro
05-11-2006, 07:12 AM
worst

fullmetal alchemist (seriously i can't stand hearing "edo" called ed :/)
card captors (god please kill me ¬_¬ i had to watch the movie with my bf)
sailor moon (obvious)
yu-gi-oh (i'll send you to the shadow realm!!!! XD)

best

get backers (i love the japanese but all of their characters are captured just right and no censors ^^)
chobits (in places anyhoo)
i really dont like any others

whooo for OVA ^^

Laharl ex
05-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Worst would be Pokemon's 10th season... =_=

Best would be ones like FLCL, Gilgamesh, and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. Done by very talented people.