PDA

View Full Version : The Killers

Yagami Raito
12-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Anyone heard of them or like them? I love them. My favorite band ^_^

Queen-of-Mars
12-29-2004, 05:26 AM
I've only heard "Somebody Told Me", but I absolutely love it. I'm thinking about mass downloading to see if the rest of their work is that good.

Yagami Raito
12-29-2004, 12:19 PM
I would advise it ^^ Their music is the best! Some of the songs are kinda iffy, but others are amazing.

Queen-of-Mars
12-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Bands tend to have some iffy songs. ^_^ Perhaps tonight i'll get on it.

BladeWing
12-30-2004, 07:59 AM
I heard some of their songs, and they sound pretty cool. I like Somebody Told Me the best.

-BladeWing.

Sega saturn x
12-31-2004, 06:59 PM
There a decent doors type band but still not as good as franz ferdinan.

Darkshadow
04-02-2005, 01:15 PM
i heard mr brightide (& saw the music vi.) i heard some body told me. they r ok.

Ollie
04-02-2005, 01:43 PM
yeah, I like them ^_^ My friend made me a copy of their Hot Fuss album.

I really like "Smile Like You Mean It", "All These Things That I've Done", and "Midnight Show."

Tyr
04-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Funny how a band from Las Vegas is good at playing British indie rock. But yeah, they're really good at it. Probably going to get the album when I get the money (unlike the rest of the world, I don't download music).

Hotsuma
04-03-2005, 12:11 PM
I never heard of them. Are they a rock band? Are they better than Linkin Park or Kiss?

Wiz
04-03-2005, 12:24 PM
yes they're a rock band...it's hard to say if their better than Linkin Park or Kiss.my fevorite songs are Mr.Brightside and Smile Like You Mean It

Albert Simon
04-03-2005, 12:38 PM
yes they're a rock band...it's hard to say if their better than Linkin Park or Kiss.my fevorite songs are Mr.Brightside and Smile Like You Mean It What? Dear God...

Not only can you not spell 'favourite' but you can't see that LINKAN PERK suck an uncomphrensable amount of times more than anything else on the face of this Earth. Bar Limp Bizkit (who the hell spells it 'Bizkit' anyway? How badly did these guys fail English?).

However, you do earn brownie points for discovering that Smile Like You Mean It are superior to Somebody Told Me.

If I were an admin on these fine fora, I would gladly ban anyone who compared The Killers to Lincoln Pork. Seriously. It's like comparing Leslie Nielsen to a potato. Sure, it might seem hilariously witty at first, but you're depriving a talented individual/s of the praise they deserve.

Lesson in this: Don't get me start on Link And Perk.

Also: Hot Fuss is one of the best albums I've bought in years.

Wiz
04-03-2005, 12:43 PM
i didnt mean to spell 'favorite' wrong i was just typing fast.

Albert Simon
04-03-2005, 12:47 PM
i didnt mean to spell 'favorite' wrong i was just typing fast.
*I
*didn't
*favourite
*I

Hotsuma
04-03-2005, 12:49 PM
What? Dear God...

Not only can you not spell 'favourite' but you can't see that LINKAN PERK suck an uncomphrensable amount of times more than anything else on the face of this Earth. Bar Limp Bizkit (who the hell spells it 'Bizkit' anyway? How badly did these guys fail English?).

However, you do earn brownie points for discovering that Smile Like You Mean It are superior to Somebody Told Me.

If I were an admin on these fine fora, I would gladly ban anyone who compared The Killers to Lincoln Pork. Seriously. It's like comparing Leslie Nielsen to a potato. Sure, it might seem hilariously witty at first, but you're depriving a talented individual/s of the praise they deserve.

Lesson in this: Don't get me start on Link And Perk.
She simply mad a typo thats all. That doesnt mean she cant spell. Everyone has their own types of bands they like. For the Killers to be so great its funny that I never heard of em. Besides Linkin Park is a pretty good band I mean come on. Cause you dont like Linkin Park doesnt mean everyone else has to not like it too.

Albert Simon
04-03-2005, 12:54 PM
She simply mad a typo thats all. That doesnt mean she cant spell. Everyone has their own types of bands they like. For the Killers to be so great its funny that I never heard of em. Besides Linkin Park is a pretty good band I mean come on. Cause you dont like Linkin Park doesnt mean everyone else has to not like it too.
Where did I say that no one has the right to like Linkin Park? No where, thanks, I was merely expressing my own opinion.

I would correct a few errors from your post, just for a laugh, but I'm not really a spelling Nazi. Popularity counts for nothing as far as quality goes. Do you think that every popular song ever has been the pinnacle of great music? No? Neither do I. Popularity does NOT equal quality.

Wiz
04-03-2005, 12:59 PM
The only Killer's song that's on the radio is Somebody Told Me,butI like their others better...the radio plays that song to much.I really like Linkin Park too so I don't who is better...but eh whatever I dont really care about typos...

Hotsuma
04-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Where did I say that no one has the right to like Linkin Park? No where, thanks, I was merely expressing my own opinion.

I would correct a few errors from your post, just for a laugh, but I'm not really a spelling Nazi. Popularity counts for nothing as far as quality goes. Do you think that every popular song ever has been the pinnacle of great music? No? Neither do I. Popularity does NOT equal quality.
Dude loosen up man. No one on the internet has to type correctly like there turning in a freaking essay to a college professor or something. If you type wrong or mess up a little on a post or in a chatroom no one cares! Its not a big deal and its big chance they will know what you meant to say in the first place. I am relaxed and I would type all super correctly like a super nerd but I am lazy and I dont feel like typing all correctly especially on a freaking post! Everyone knows your smart and all by the way you type you dont have to try to make people feel bad by pointing out stupid stuff like a little typo lol

To get on the subject is The Killers a American band Japanese band or what? It seems like a good band. Right now Linkin Park is my favorite.

Wiz
04-03-2005, 01:10 PM
I didnt really unstand some the words Albert_Simon used.

their american

Albert Simon
04-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Dude loosen up man. No one on the internet has to type correctly like there turning in a freaking essay to a college professor or something. If you type wrong or mess up a little on a post or in a chatroom no one cares! Its not a big deal and its big chance they will know what you meant to say in the first place. I am relaxed and I would type all super correctly like a super nerd but I am lazy and I dont feel like typing all correctly especially on a freaking post! Everyone knows your smart and all by the way you type you dont have to try to make people feel bad by pointing out stupid stuff like a little typo lol

To get on the subject is The Killers a American band Japanese band or what? It seems like a good band. Right now Linkin Park is my favorite. Hi. I'm hardly condescending, I just think it's good to get in the habit of spelling correct and using grammar on the Internet so that these mistakes don't turn up in essays that matter. Needless to say, spelling "think" as "fink" is hardly a great way to give a good first impression in an essay, is it? A friend of mine did that. I apologise if my humour is missed on people, in that case. I'm hardly smart, I just put on good acts, m'dear.

Also. Hi:

Funny how a band from Las Vegas is good at playing British indie rock. But yeah, they're really good at it. Probably going to get the album when I get the money (unlike the rest of the world, I don't download music).

Hotsuma
04-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi. I'm hardly condescending, I just think it's good to get in the habit of spelling correct and using grammar on the Internet so that these mistakes don't turn up in essays that matter. Needless to say, spelling "think" as "fink" is hardly a great way to give a good first impression in an essay, is it? A friend of mine did that. I apologise if my humour is missed on people, in that case. I'm hardly smart, I just put on good acts, m'dear.

Also. Hi:
Your hardly not smart? You sure as hell fooled me. lol

So there a Las Vegas band huh? Anyone know a good site where I can get there music without uh...paying?

Tsuna Kadiri
04-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Part of that's true, but would you like to read 20 posts spelled out like..

OMg i leik sooo luv teh kILlers!!1 i hav all tehr albumbs ad went 2 tehr conscert!!1

... No, I doubt you would. A few spelling errors are fine, but when you can't even spell 80% of the words in a sentence.. Get my point? Excuse me for being off topic here..

I like The Killers. Good band none the less. Smile Like You Mean It is a good song, so is Mr. Brightside. I wouldn't mind buying their album. ^__^

Wiz
04-03-2005, 01:22 PM
no...only places i know of are like the yahoo music and musicvideocodes.com

Tiggit
04-03-2005, 01:25 PM
never herd of them

Wiz
04-03-2005, 01:32 PM
have you heard the song 'Somebody Told Me'?ya know...on the radio

Tiggit
04-03-2005, 01:39 PM
nope sorry

Wiz
04-03-2005, 01:41 PM
of well if you want to hear them you could probably find them on the yahoo music...

nyar majinn
04-29-2005, 10:35 AM
I dont really like the killers

chris123456
05-11-2005, 10:09 AM
i think mr brightside/jenny was a friend of mine are prob the best songs

enigma unit 01
05-11-2005, 10:15 AM
I hate the killers (scum), they're pure pish!

fun-n- games
05-11-2005, 10:56 AM
i have love the killersit such a good band ther great

heartless love
07-23-2005, 07:43 PM
They rock and I really want their CD

Wandering Samurai
07-23-2005, 07:45 PM
I love them. I like somebody told me and mr. bright side.

white_lotus27
07-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I think their ok, I started knowing them since I heard of their single "Somebody Told Me", it was a really good song, that's why it became a hit.
I kind of listen to their other music too, when I started hearing more from them. Their songs are ok.

I'm Ol' Gregg
07-27-2005, 07:56 AM
I like their music, I heard of them when they first released "Somebody Told Me" (over a year ago) and then bought their album when it first came out. They were my favourite band for a very long time, they're album is soo good.

But since they "sold out", so to speak and re-released "Somebody Told Me" and now EVERYBODY has heard of The Killers.. I immensely dislike them, especially seeing as Brandon Flowers slates othr bands that soud a bit like them (The Bravery for instance).. so no, I do not like The Killers..

kaisen
07-27-2005, 08:57 AM
I only like a few of their songs. For instance I like "Mr. Brightside"

Junior
07-27-2005, 11:27 AM
They're okay, I bought their album, I mainly like "Smile Like You Mean It" and "Andy, Yu're A Star".

Marie2007
07-27-2005, 09:56 PM
they are ok i mean i like them

Actionrikkugrl
07-28-2005, 09:50 AM
I love them, I have the album, and i enjoy ''Midnight Show'' and ''Andy Your'e A Star"