PDA

View Full Version : Guitar players unite!!!!!!!

Krazy Dave
12-27-2004, 02:57 PM
I was wondering who all here play the guitar, I have been playing guitar for 19 years now in the fine tradition of Thrash/Speed Metal. I am 25 years old at the moment, I started playing when I was 6 years old and have been pretty intense over all these years with bettering myself.Currently i've been playing the bar sceans around my area as a solo act, I have disks with bass,drum and sometimes secondary guitar tracks I made myself. I don't go soft or relent my hard edged style because not everyone likes it (no ballads here), if they don't screw'em.I am true to what I love and that is my craft, it tends to weed out the true metal heads from the "posers".I can play alot of things and several differnt styles, but I am at my best when playing stuff from Ozzy or Megadeth ect, and my own stuff as well.It is very nice to get older people that enjoyed my playing asking things like "where did you learn to pick like that or, I wish I could play like that".It gives you a sense of accomplishment.So far I own 7 guitars and one accoustic, my accoustic is a 1930 Manhattan hollowbody arch top.My others are....starting from my #1 on down.

#1. Is my Jackson Kelly professional model Made in the USA,dark metalic purple allmost black,electric purple in the light.It is equiped with a Floyed Rose pro tremelo and locking nut,all black hardware,eboney fingerboard(fretbored) with sharktooth inlays all along the neck done in mother of pearl.It is equiped with Seymour Duncans a Jazz in the neck and a distortion in the bridge.It is a bad *** guitar and my current favoright.
#2. My back up guitar,is my Gibson Les Paul Custom.It is antique white withcreme binding all gold hardware, also it had block inlays done in mother of pearl on an eboney fingerboard.It is a great guitar with a very sweet robust tone with searing high end and a bone splintering low end with balanced mids.A big plus for me is, it looks EXACTLY like Randy Rhoads' old LP.
#3. Is a model I bring out now and then, it is a guitar that I built from scratch in my home(yes at the time I used a belt sander in my house!!)The body I copied a bit from the Les Paul that I used to have, the neck is anything but a LP though. I made it thin like a Jackson and also the headstalk is shaped differntly.It is a bad bad instrument to play, it sounds and plays like no other.

The other guitars I have are shop projects, either they were given to me, or I picked them up at a good price at pawn shops.
The amps I play thrue are Marshalls, namely a Marshall half stack with and all tube 100 watt head.
As for my effects, I have several distortion pedals I rarely use mostly because I like the raw distortion that I can dile in from my Marshalls.Other than that I own compression/sustainer pedals a few wahs and chorus pedals.
Currently I am saving up my money to get a guitar built by Jackson, it is a custome designe I made up a few years earlier.Gonna cost around 5-7000$

Krazy Dave
12-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Any takers?
*lights up a marlboro*

FusionGTX
12-28-2004, 03:17 PM
I am trying to learn AFI - Wester and there are a few hard rythems and chords in that song

Guitar kicks *** I have a fender stratocaster Red.. My older brother plays in a christian band a local one.. And his is a black fender strat

Ive been playing guitar for 5 years

DarkGundamPilot
12-28-2004, 07:13 PM
I can play the intro to 1/3 from Rurouni Kenshin and Marilyn Manson's Sweet Dreams. I'm only a beginner -_-;;;;

FusionGTX
12-28-2004, 07:44 PM
I know the mario bros 3 theme song

DarkGundamPilot
12-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know a good website to get tabs?

FusionGTX
12-28-2004, 07:52 PM
mxtabs.net

guitarworld.com

*Nosferatu-Adore
12-28-2004, 08:19 PM
http://www.mxtabs.net has Musician Forums too... My brother goes there... It's a forum full of idiots, I'll say that much...

FusionGTX
12-28-2004, 08:21 PM
That sounds like this one ^-^

Myrra
12-28-2004, 09:07 PM
umm...excuse me, hon, but let's watch what we say in front of me. 'K?

ILoveWolfsRain
12-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Umm, I tried to play guitar. Not very easy. I actually drum. I can drum the whole Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme. But that's off topic. (sorry) I used to guitar, now I don't. I could do some metallica, but that was all.

Krazy Dave
12-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Well all great musicians started out as beginners, nothing wrong with that! If you work hard enough, keep dilligent and truley love the guitar you can one day rise to become a real shredder.I can play alot of stuff with fair ease I couldnt before, and to tell the truth I love playing fast thrash/speed metal nowadays.A few of my faves to play are.......Suicide Solution off the randy rhoads tribute album. Another is I love to play alot of Megadeth......songs like 'Wake up Dead,The Conjuring,Devils Island,502,Hanger 18,and the Mechanix.
But guess what? You'd figure it would take me forever to learn to play s#it like this, well thing is....I don't know a single note. I rarely referr to tabliture, onley in cases where i'm having trouble finding the key a song is in.I learn and play all by ear, I learn songs faster but it has taken a while to train my ear to hear and decipher everything on whim.But now it was all worth it cause, now I can get up on a stage at a bar and play the stuff as if it were the guy's who wrote it.Thing is though, in my area, you'll be very hard pressed to go anywhere in terms of getting known and "making it". I have started not to care, I just love playing.

S_C_L-1
10-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Well all great musicians started out as beginners, nothing wrong with that! If you work hard enough, keep dilligent and truley love the guitar you can one day rise to become a real shredder.I can play alot of stuff with fair ease I couldnt before, and to tell the truth I love playing fast thrash/speed metal nowadays.A few of my faves to play are.......Suicide Solution off the randy rhoads tribute album. Another is I love to play alot of Megadeth......songs like 'Wake up Dead,The Conjuring,Devils Island,502,Hanger 18,and the Mechanix.
But guess what? You'd figure it would take me forever to learn to play s#it like this, well thing is....I don't know a single note. I rarely referr to tabliture, onley in cases where i'm having trouble finding the key a song is in.I learn and play all by ear, I learn songs faster but it has taken a while to train my ear to hear and decipher everything on whim.But now it was all worth it cause, now I can get up on a stage at a bar and play the stuff as if it were the guy's who wrote it.Thing is though, in my area, you'll be very hard pressed to go anywhere in terms of getting known and "making it". I have started not to care, I just love playing.

nice! i admire your decision! unfortunately, i had no choice in the matter... since i severely damaged 1 of my ears... its a miracle it still works actually...
ive been playing for 3-4 (?) years now... im diong pretty well... but i refuse to do any cover songs! if i hear a piece of a song that interests me, ill learn that morcel, but i wont learn the whoal song!

well thats not entirely true... the only songs i would consider doing a cover of, is Jason Beckers stuff... probly eleven blue egyptians for starters... its not as intensive as perpetual burn or concerto (can we say ZOMG!?)

recently, ive been experimenting alot with tapping and false harmonics (pinch harmonics if you prefer)... i found that by muting the string with your palm for just the right amount of time, u can get a pinch harm out of it while tapping...

Also, if any 1 knows anything about this amp, i would b most obliged!

http://spaces.msn.com/members/on-a-whim/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c02_owner=1&_c=

Masali
10-29-2005, 08:35 AM
I play. Im pretty damn good for how long I've been playing (1 1/2 years) and I have most of eruption worked out by ear. now Im working on altitudes by Jason Becker.

I gots a Brown sunburst Les Paul.

S_C_L-1
10-29-2005, 01:12 PM
I play. Im pretty damn good for how long I've been playing (1 1/2 years) and I have most of eruption worked out by ear. now Im working on altitudes by Jason Becker.

I gots a Brown sunburst Les Paul.

a noble endeaver!

altho, getting the right sound for that song can b a pain in the arse...

i was thinking of hoaxing my friend to learn marty's part in "the ninja", but i doubt he'd b up to it... hes more into thrash anyway

Ninja Hatake Kakashi
10-29-2005, 01:28 PM
goo guitar tabs web sites.
Ultimate-guitar.com
taborama.com
mxtab.com
anim e places t oget guitar tabs
smoos guitar
ill post later but i love playing meh guitar ^^

bored
10-29-2005, 06:10 PM
I have started playing the guitar. I have been playing for 3 months not that good yet.

Master Of Shred
10-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Bt the gods......I had been a part of forums before.I guess I had forgotten I was part of this one as well, dosnt look like I stayed long though humm.Well in any case,linda wowed to see this lmao, had to have been BURIED lmao! My banners are cool though!

S_C_L-1
10-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Bt the gods......I had been a part of forums before.I guess I had forgotten I was part of this one as well, dosnt look like I stayed long though humm.Well in any case,linda wowed to see this lmao, had to have been BURIED lmao! My banners are cool though!

indeed! nice pic selection! the grayscale 1 is noiiice

japonice_aeris
10-30-2005, 01:26 AM
I am trying to learn AFI - Wester and there are a few hard rythems and chords in that song

Guitar kicks *** I have a fender stratocaster Red.. My older brother plays in a christian band a local one.. And his is a black fender strat

Ive been playing guitar for 5 years

haha~ cool a fender strat huh :happy:

hm..dunno how long ive been playin but its not even a year...im learning to get better in reading tabs...but im so poor in strumming :banghead: sukcs..
im just ever desperate to get better that OPM's ira cruz of bamboo and darius meneses of PNE...ohh and i wanna be better than santana :crossfing :happy: hahah~ lol me *as if :banghead: *

You Sing The Words
10-30-2005, 01:53 AM
19 Years?! Nice man. I play the guitar, but I perfer the drums.

Master Of Shred
10-30-2005, 03:25 AM
Yeah,20 years now.I used to be all about 8 hours a day for practice, until I went and studied at GIT and Musicians Institute and well 8 hrs a day is plain useless.In any case I have a thread about learning the guitar and the craft of making music, so go refer to it if you need any tips or help in anything.

Masali
10-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Awesome sig. Randy Rhoads is probably my Favorite guitarist. him and Yngwie.
but guitar is probably the most fun I could ever have and ever will have.

mokulen22
10-31-2005, 02:57 PM
I play, but I play Classical mostly and soft rock songs from the 70s early 80s. I'm weird...*shrug*

S_C_L-1
10-31-2005, 05:28 PM
I play, but I play Classical mostly and soft rock songs from the 70s early 80s. I'm weird...*shrug*

actually, learning classical music is the best way to learn how to shred... because its so much more complicated than the music coming out nowadays...

if you got a link to a complete tab of hall of the mountain king lemme know!

S_C_L-1
11-01-2005, 05:11 PM
sry for the double-post... but it wont let me edit... anyway...

some guy came across this on a guitar forum...

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5383/forestwoody5tq.jpg

there are only a few guitars that deserve as much drool as this 1! (get ur x-mas list ready :p)

Demond
11-01-2005, 05:47 PM
guitar would be me and also i do drums

Masali
11-01-2005, 07:01 PM
sry for the double-post... but it wont let me edit... anyway...

some guy came across this on a guitar forum...

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5383/forestwoody5tq.jpg

there are only a few guitars that deserve as much drool as this 1! (get ur x-mas list ready :p) I dunno, it's kind of ugly.
the natural finished humbucklers are a nice touch.
Im goin' for the Alien quadrilogy edition Ibanez RG.

japonice_aeris
11-02-2005, 03:14 AM
woah~ you guys are great~ me...dunno if id get better years from now..coz im kinda lazy :happy:

kewl guitar huh :cool:

S_C_L-1
11-02-2005, 06:47 AM
I dunno, it's kind of ugly.
the natural finished humbucklers are a nice touch.
Im goin' for the Alien quadrilogy edition Ibanez RG.

i dunno... i like the sharp looking edges... and the naturla finish is always a plus in my book!

nice choice! Ibanez makes seriously kick-arse guitars! im going for a 520EX myself :)

Possessed
11-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know a good website to get tabs?www.mxtabs.net (http://www.mxtabs.net/) is an great web site for tabs.

Crazy Chicken
11-07-2005, 08:01 PM
i can play
but i'm one of those people who don't know the notes
XD
so i listen to any music (mainly rock) then play to find the right tone

Possessed
11-07-2005, 08:11 PM
its so fun to play songs from the darkness.

S_C_L-1
11-08-2005, 02:17 AM
i can play
but i'm one of those people who don't know the notes
XD
so i listen to any music (mainly rock) then play to find the right tone

heh... know what ya mean... but it wasnt really intentionnal on my part...

French school means french music system... so the switch was pretty harsh...

not to mention that i was the only 1 in my class that was able to play baritone/tuba/trumpet correctly... so i had to constantly change between keys... so i cant really read sheat music...

BUT! because of that, i learned to place each sound i hear to a certain string/fret... not quite perfect pitch... but im working on it! (helps alot with bends)