PDA

View Full Version : Utada Hikaru

Munk
12-26-2004, 04:02 PM
ahhh yes utada the singer of the ever so famous kingdom heart beggining song it is my fault that i dont remember it... lol

DarkPrinceBman
12-26-2004, 04:30 PM
Well i dont understand what this thread is about but utada has alot of good songs i agree like "Addicted" and "Automatic" both really popular songs

Milly
12-27-2004, 12:35 AM
i like "simple and clean" the best. even tho, that is the only song i''ve heard from her. ^^

DragonSlash
12-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Utada's songs are cool. Travelling is sort of an upbeat song and the video isn''t bad too.

_CTA_
12-28-2004, 11:03 PM
I like First Love and Automatic. She got great voice

Munk
01-08-2005, 01:01 AM
yep those are great and on her dc devil inside me her song "devil inside me" has about 7 or 8 differnt kind of mixes but i love them all!!!

Chris-Retard-Pontius DUUR
01-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Shes a hot japanese girl and she sings the ending theme well

"SIMPLE AND CLEAN IS THE WAY THAT YOUR MAKING ME FEEL TONIGHT--ITS HARD TO LET IT GO"

[BlackDeath]
01-08-2005, 11:34 AM
ahhh yes utada the singer of the ever so famous kingdom heart beggining song it is my fault that i dont remember it... lol Simple and Clean sorry to say isn't one of her best songs, it doesn't even come close.. the only reason you know of Utada Hikaru is because of the game Kingdom Hearts otherwise I doubt you would have known her like other artists such as Element Eighty.. most people only know of them because Need for Speed: Underground had their track 'Broken Promises' yet Element Eighty had already released an album, back to Utada before 'Simple and Clean' from Kingdom Hearts she had already released several albums such as 'Distance' also her 'Singles Collection' both albums having some of her best tracks such as 'Automatic' (mentioned by Bman) 'Can you Keep a Secret', 'Sakura Drops' and 'Wait and See' some notable tracks. I'm actually surprised you never heard of her she's one of the most succesful J-pop artists along side Ayumi Hamasaki another well known succesful J-pop artist.

As for my favourite songs:

Sakura Drops
Can you Keep a Secret
Exodus '04
Easy Breezy
First Love (both versions)
Automatic
Colours
Final Distance
Wait and See
Tippy Toe
Traveling
Play Bell
A.S.A.P

Just a few I can think of so far xP

Unholy Crusader
01-08-2005, 12:28 PM
<3 Hikki-chan. o.O;

Some of my favorite songs would be...

Sakura Drops
First Love
Distance
Final Distance
Easy Breezy
Kremlin Dusk
Colors

Daenerys
01-08-2005, 03:22 PM
I love the first love song. It rocks.

AnimedreamGirl13
01-08-2005, 04:52 PM
I love utada hikaru she is a very good singer i love her music because it has such great emotional feeling in her songs ...and my favorite song is simple and clean ,,,and the remix of simple and clean they sound so good!!!

*hugzz*
~alwayzz Mina~

*runs to listen to utada hikarus's songz*-Dances around-

Selece
01-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah... the Simple and Clean song is actually quite weird to me, especially the lyrics. I don't like it all that much. I do, however, like the Japanese version, Hikari.

But my favorite songs from her are:

Deep River (this was the first song I heard from her)
Hikari
Sakura Drops
Final Distance
Can You Keep A Secret
Automatic
Colors
Give Me A Reason
Time Will Tell
Wait and See
Hear Me Cry

As for her latest released English album, Exodus, I haven't heard any of the songs yet. I remember coming across it at Fry's a few weeks back. I debated whether I should buy it, but in the end, I bought the new Green Day cd instead.

kaisen
03-11-2005, 03:45 AM
she is a great singer... very successful too... all her songs rock

Taikyo
03-11-2005, 09:39 AM
i loove listening to Utada Hikaru!
My favorite songs are:

First love
Sakura Drops
Final Distance
Distance
Colors
Hear Me Cry

But my favorite still Final Distance. ;.; makes me wanna cry everytime I hear it. >.<;

kaisen
03-14-2005, 02:25 AM
what do you all think about her english songs and what is your favourite english song by utada???
my favourite is Exodus '04, Easy Breezy and Animato....

MiSaKi_ChAn
03-14-2005, 05:03 PM
i agree, Utada has kool songs. i have a cuz that is so obsessed that if i could play one of her songs on the piano he'd give me 1,000 dollars

Aisuru
03-16-2005, 01:32 PM
The thing that i most admire about the famous pop star artist, Utada Hikaru(A.K.A Hikki) is of her classiness and her voice. "Colors traveling, and Distance" is beyond my favorites.
Although i didn't quite enjoy her "Exodus" Cd...the only song that i sum to like was Exodus single it self. But yet her lyrics and vocals are great in this. Now what she needs to me is more remixes in most her other singles.

~Aisuru~

Ashminigun
03-18-2005, 07:06 AM
*joins the fray...

"Utada Hikaru! We love you!" fans shouting madly at the background.

She among the talented JPop singer with high reputation across the globe. She can sing both in English and Japanese, and her song has different genre and quite cool. There some of her singles I like enjoy much:
Final Distance
Sakura Drops
Colors
Travelling
ASAP

'nough say...

*run routine check on my Fafnir...

Missy
03-18-2005, 07:20 AM
ah, the lovely Utada HIkaru...... I love her music... She's talented as she can sing both in japanese and English without sounding too "fobbish"... if u know what I mean... My bf just bought me her new CD for my birthday ^__^ wasnt that thoughtful... hehe Anyway.. I like most of her songs... but not all... >_<

First Love
Close to you
Simple and Clean (opening techno version)
Sakura Drops..

I also like Faye Wong.. She sings both in Chinese and English.. she sang the theme "Eyes on Me" from Final Fantasy VIII .. :D

Aisuru
03-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Hmm...never took notice of her. I've heard about her here and there but i guess not as much. i gotta like into that, i'm trying to find new things to listen too and ways. so it's Faye Wong. thanx ~_^.
Althought i so admire Utada i don't have all her singles...i'm keep hearing that "Sakura Drops" is good from alotta ppl. If it's that amazing i gotta get that to.

~Aisuru~

kaisen
03-25-2005, 02:30 AM
i hope she cuts off her long hair...
she looks much better with medium-short hair...

Kaoru217
03-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Utada...the best singer ever!!! shes my role model!!! love the song simple and clean!

kitsuna
03-27-2005, 02:33 PM
she is the best!

~Kitsuna~

WatermelonX
03-27-2005, 04:11 PM
I love Hikki! My favorite songs by her are Sakura Drops and Dareka no Negai ga Kanau koro. I really like the video for Wait and See. She looks so pretty :D

Sakura_jin237
05-13-2005, 02:17 AM
I LOve HikkIe ao much, she has a nice voice, knows how to speak english! is that cool or what. I like her songs Sakura drops, Tokyo noghts, Can you keep a secret?, Final Distance, Travellind, Simple and clean ( english and jap. version )
Automatic, Letter, Deep River & First Love. You Rock HikkIe!:awe:

Corina
05-14-2005, 01:42 AM
I love the simple and clean song ^____^.

_CTA_
12-05-2005, 08:59 AM
i have her newest cd: Exodus. its sooo cool!!!

Sakura Holic
05-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Utada Hikaru. J Pop singer. She made a few songs for Kingdom Hearts such as Hikari, Passion and Simple&Clean. Her new single is the 11th single, "Sakura Dorappusu" (a.k.a "Sakura Drops")
Anyone listens to her music or heard of her?
What is your favorite songs?

pyrothunder336
05-27-2006, 09:44 PM
I've only heard her songs from kingdom hearts and I like Santuary the most.

Dark_Ryle
05-27-2006, 09:47 PM
I like Utada's Sanctuary, Passion and Exodus' 03. Well, I've just started to like her when I once heard of her song Sanctuary which I think the background music would something to do with it and yeah her voice is adoring. Probably, I'll listen to her other songs. She's soo cool for a singer and vocally talented. Now I'm loving J-pop.

Sakura Holic
05-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Yea. Lots of people say that her voice is so sweet, its like an angel and very talented. I agree with all of them who said that.

anime_sheep118
05-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Well, I've only heard "First Love" by her, but I can tell she's a great singer, with superb talent.

~Riku~
05-28-2006, 06:00 AM
And I thought, that I was the only one that like her music anyway, I've liked
her for a while now. I loved her song 'Addicted' and cuz' have to go now I'll
make this short and all the songs she did for KH1 & 2 the best.

jewel2sparkle
05-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I've only heard her songs from kingdom hearts and I like Santuary the most.
Same for me.

Chaux
05-28-2006, 08:08 PM
um, the songs form kingdom hearts, and some other songs of hers. ^^ (i forgot the names, sry. -_-")

Wandering Samurai
05-28-2006, 08:11 PM
of course I've heard of her ^^ I actually have her on my top 8 on myspace but anyways she has a beautiful voice weather she's singing in japanese or english. my fravorite song by her is be my last

gothic tears
05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
I flippin' love her!!!!!!!
She's so cute!!!
My favorite song of hers is Passion. But the video with the song is even better!

Keyasaffection
05-29-2006, 06:53 AM
yeah...she is good....my favorite of hers is.....Exodus....and she is so kawaii....^^

Niome!
05-29-2006, 05:59 PM
I love her. She sings the songs for most of Kingdom Hearts I-II?

Anyway, what is your favorite and which version, Japanese of English?

Simple and Clean is my third, To be is my second and Passion, both versions is my first.

Aleyna
05-29-2006, 07:08 PM
i like passion but sanctuary(the english version for passion) is pretty good even tho its not the trnaslation for the japanese version, oyeah hav u heard the orchesta version of passion it sounds so beautiful!!!~*~^-^:D

if anyone knows wut the japanese version means plz tell me
thanx

jewel2sparkle
05-29-2006, 07:12 PM
how many of these topics are there?!?!?

Niome!
05-29-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't know, but I really don't care because I haven't seen any other ones having this title and perhaps even specific subject, nevertheless I am new and I don't feel like surfing through all of this, disregarding Search function, overall, can't I have my moment?
Thank you.

Orchid the Japanese version means the same thing as Sanctuary although I still don't know what that chorus means, "oh me sakiea meyu!" Whatever. Never heard Orchestra, i'll download it sometime mate.

Hinata_pyua_lover
06-01-2006, 10:14 PM
I love Passion! the kingdom hearts 2 theme song! and, First Love, Skura Drops, and hikari

Uno_Caste
06-01-2006, 10:20 PM
This girl deserves what she got now. She's vocally talented and artistic, really pretty. Shes' just awesome. I love her Exodus'04, Passion(Jap version of her Sanctuary), First Love, Sakura Drops and more of her songs.