PDA

View Full Version : I hate the holiday seasons.

LXnekket
12-24-2004, 04:17 AM
Yeah, I do. I could care less what it is suppose to symbolize. Love? Sharing? Treating others well? Do that the entire damn year. Don't give me this commercial crap about buying gifts and being together. That can be possible anytime you try to make it happen. Where's the respect for your fellow man in the middle of March? Nowhere. Damn, I really can't stand people.

Interestingly enough, even around this whole time, people are just as rude, if not more to each other in random, public places. Their holiday is more important, of course. If there's only one ham left, let's make a big arguement about it and cause a scene. Only one more super ultra popular Power Ranger toy left that your kids HAVE to have? Let's start a fist fight in the middle of Toys 'R Us for all the happy children to see. FANTASTIC! Good to know people will always make sure to show their true colors, no matter the time of year. Even in the name of caring and togetherness.

Scew this commercial machine. Plus, I hate shopping for people. I suck at it. Once the holidays are over though...winter is the best time of the year.

Bah-humbug and all that fun stuff. =)

Terra
12-24-2004, 04:26 AM
um.......uh........hahahaha O.o ......what am i suppose to say?

Gil
12-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Go winter solstice. the only holiday left that hasn't been commerciallized.

DownRight-eviL
12-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I do. I could care less what it is suppose to symbolize. Love? Sharing? Treating others well? Do that the entire damn year. Don't give me this commercial crap about buying gifts and being together. That can be possible anytime you try to make it happen. Where's the respect for your fellow man in the middle of March? Nowhere. Damn, I really can't stand people.

Interestingly enough, even around this whole time, people are just as rude, if not more to each other in random, public places. Their holiday is more important, of course. If there's only one ham left, let's make a big arguement about it and cause a scene. Only one more super ultra popular Power Ranger toy left that your kids HAVE to have? Let's start a fist fight in the middle of Toys 'R Us for all the happy children to see. FANTASTIC! Good to know people will always make sure to show their true colors, no matter the time of year. Even in the name of caring and togetherness.

Scew this commercial machine. Plus, I hate shopping for people. I suck at it. Once the holidays are over though...winter is the best time of the year.

Bah-humbug and all that fun stuff. =)
Heh, you're sorta right... I never really thought of that... o.o

sjøpølse
12-24-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm with you. It is now like a programmated happiness, set only a few days by years; that's it, let's be happy when we are told too; a BCBG season when all of a sudden we play nice and act as if we cared of others; fights in the Wal-Mart, let me buy my plastified happiness first, nah, you, you can't afford it, but you you can, come here, come here, it is a cheap price to have a somewhat sporadic but ever-so-pleasant sensation of being and warmth, only $29.99 + taxes.
It is a shame, winter is so beautiful.

Kyo Kusanagi
12-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Christmas is more than just shopping. Although I do agree thats what its been portrayed as. Remember the reason why we're celebrating .....

On a side note, people are busy. Its hard to have the whole family together when everybody has different work schedules. Christmas lets everyone gather together and spend time with the family. And in public, you can't let people being rude get the best of you. Just the other day two people were fighting at Toys R Us, and as they started shoving one of them got pushed into me and I staggered into the shelves. It hurt a little, but I'm not going to let that get to me. I brushed myself off, made them stop fighting, and went on my day.

Silver Ori-Kun
12-24-2004, 11:21 AM
I don't hate the holidays, I hate the people
Oh lookie...it's 1:25am here...Christmas, time for me to hate you

shi_amai
12-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I hate the wrapping the presents, but I love giving. Yesterday I had to wrap my sister's stocking stuffers. I was screaming and throwing wrapping paper everywhere. And I never seemed to have enough for each present. It was so annoying. X.x

Silver Ori-Kun
12-24-2004, 12:43 PM
I don't hate Shi Amai though :)

Poohnella
12-24-2004, 12:48 PM
The only thing about holidays that I hate is you always have to spend a lot of money to make everything perfect!!!!!!!

souless cowboy
12-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah i hate the holidays somewhat myself. My parents end up fighting over any little thing that happens on that day magically everytime and if its not them fighting each other its usually them fighting me over me doing something rather stupid or just not agreeing with them on somthing. Today has been quite quiet though i told each of them to just shut it and take it but who knows the day isnt over just yet. Though i enjoy that one moment when everyone is forced to be happy its nice.:)

Poohnella
12-24-2004, 12:55 PM
You got that right........except I don;t really care what my parents do about the holidays.......

gadgetgirl16
12-24-2004, 02:33 PM
i do agree with u.....idk...this chistmas is verry depressing for me becouse some stuff happened and other crap.....today we did some stuff sand my ex came over to give me a gift....but im just not happy like i should....and everything on buying gifts and other crap.....i just dont care anymore......i personly do hate christmas...but its all the stupid things that are going on behind it...

Karel
12-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Holidays is only big green on the pockets of many companies.. I never was fond of holidays..

but umm kids make that happen.. kids are the big flaw of the holiday

Die Tod von Euch
12-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Tek, I love you. I really, really do.

Go winter solstice. the only holiday left that hasn't been commerciallized. Awww... *pats Gil on the head* Don't be so sure about that...
http://www.ducksdeluxe.com/wizwintersale.html
http://www.cafepress.com/irregulargoods.9612531
http://www.libana.com/Libanamerchandise.htm

Maybe not AS commerciallized, but...it's slowly working its way there. The new-agers and the hippies will make it so, then will complain about it turning out like that.

Anyway... The holidays, as pointless and backwards as they are, do serve a purpose. And it's not exactly the one that Kyo pointed out.

Christmas is good for the economy. No, I'm serious. There are businesses that draw dangerously close to going under until the holidays start. Then suddenly, BOOM! they're making money. It keeps the businesses going, it gets the people spending, it provides MORE JOBS for the people, it pretty much just gives the entire economy a little jump-start.

Variable_Gunbuster
12-24-2004, 03:11 PM
I feel crappy about Christmas in the beginning of December, but as the day comes nearer it gets more excited. I agree with you about the whole commercial thing....it's total bull. I mean they say things like, "show her you truly care with a diamond...."....or "make you're kids happy with the all new spongebob....it now CLEANS your room!!" jk.
But if I had a company I would go all out at Christmas too, you are the consumer, they target us to buy gifts...unfortunately I always fall for it too.
But when I see that my friends got me something, my parents and my sister (my bro is a loser and he's been unemployed for three years now, but still I got him something) I would feel terrible if I didn't get them anything, am I forced to buy gifts?...sorta, but who cares, in the end it puts a smile on their face. Society has become very materialistic. I grew up with a great family, we don't spend much time with each other during the year, but every Christmas we have a huge party at our house!! It's always fun. So maybe you grew up with a bad family or most likely you have bad experiences at Christmas time, I don't know but I don't think hating a holiday will change anything. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

____
12-24-2004, 03:12 PM
that is true.

eh, i'm not really in the holiday spirit as i used to. after the recent happenings, i just don't care about a whole lot anymore.

there is only one thing that i want for the holidays.

Lord Garma Zabi
12-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Sure, we are supposed to do it year round, all the good feelings and caring, but how many of us do that. Not many, in fact if it wasn't for this holiday it probably would never happen. This day is for people to actually stop thinking about themselves and consider other people. The one day that that is actually possible because of the joy it brings to everyone. I really don't get too into the holiday, but I can understand why some folks do. :ninja:

SGI
12-24-2004, 03:57 PM
As a whole I do tend to enjoy Christmas, except for the times when my lousy lout of an Uncle is there. That man may be my uncle, but he is a horrible excuse for a human being who I am ashamed to share simmilar blood to.

And the build up to Christmas is close to a nightmare, there are times when I honestly loathe Christmas. Having to serve arrogant shoppers who act like complete dickheads (I don't wanna use harsher words due to little kids being around) and then expect you to act politely and smile to them while they tell me how horrible I am etc. And more so last night (Christmas Eve) this stupid old bat asked what time we opened on Christmas Day? I told her "I'm sorry, but some of our staff would rather spend time with their families rather than work". ARGH people tick me off at Christmas, one one hand they're spewing out this good will to all and peace on earth while screaming F off to the person who beat them to a carpark and starting riots and wars inside stoor. ARGH! *vein pops*

sjøpølse
12-24-2004, 04:26 PM
haha. Actually, it is not just around Christmas times that clients are awful and expect total patience/politeness/good mood from the staff.

And as Die Tod von Euch stated, X-Mas is tremendously good for economy. Credit cards company do 40% of their sells in december and most of the small commerces do about 25% of their benefits in the holiday seasons.

As for myself, I was never quite fond of holidays because even the "happy/nice" part of it doesn't touch me as much as it does with some people. I have to suffer my family (which is quite small, here) all the night (it'll begin at 7p.m.). It's no rebellion-against-family stuff, only some are individuals I'd despise if they weren't part of my family and the fact that they are so don't spare them from such a judgement.

Die Tod von Euch
12-24-2004, 08:52 PM
....Ok...I hate whoever thought it was a GOOD idea to close grocery stores early on Christmas Eve. I want to kill that person. I want to kill him gooooood.

Wal-Mart closing at 6PM?! That's craziness!!! Kroger and Publix closing at 7?? What the hell?! And poor me left to drive all around the northern outskirts of Atlanta in an attempt to find a place open so I can buy food for tonight and tomorrow. The package stores were still open (and I don't mean boxes, kids)... It just doesn't..make...sense...!!!!!

Needless to say, I am praying that SOMETHING will be open at some point tomorrow so that I can buy food and pray that the risotto will taste the same with fresh broth...

Stupid holiday hours...

Terra
12-24-2004, 08:59 PM
....Ok...I hate whoever thought it was a GOOD idea to close grocery stores early on Christmas Eve. I want to kill that person. I want to kill him gooooood.

Wal-Mart closing at 6PM?! That's craziness!!! Kroger and Publix closing at 7?? What the hell?! And poor me left to drive all around the northern outskirts of Atlanta in an attempt to find a place open so I can buy food for tonight and tomorrow. The package stores were still open (and I don't mean boxes, kids)... It just doesn't..make...sense...!!!!!

Needless to say, I am praying that SOMETHING will be open at some point tomorrow so that I can buy food and pray that the risotto will taste the same with fresh broth...

Stupid holiday hours...
:D most of shops are open at my country when it's christmas eve...:awe:

LXnekket
12-25-2004, 03:51 AM
So far, I have received two giftcards for Old Navy (a place I NEVER shop at), two bags of skittles (which is actually cool, but still....wth..) and a manga. Oh, and someone gave my some batteries. O.o

I worked on Eve, and work tomorrow. People say that really sucks. I don't really care about working on the holiday. Because....working period sucks. Then I end up thinking it sucks to work on Christmas, because people whine in my favor. Damn them all.

I should just make a thread to complain about random crap. Shut up.

Variable_Gunbuster
12-25-2004, 04:35 AM
So far, I have received two giftcards for Old Navy (a place I NEVER shop at), two bags of skittles (which is actually cool, but still....wth..) and a manga. Oh, and someone gave my some batteries. O.o

I worked on Eve, and work tomorrow. People say that really sucks. I don't really care about working on the holiday. Because....working period sucks. Then I end up thinking it sucks to work on Christmas, because people whine in my favor. Damn them all.

I should just make a thread to complain about random crap. Shut up.and there he blows. Man! It's no wonder you hate the holiday season. Uhmmm those "presents" are...well let's just say it's the thought that counts eh? But tXL don't you have a special "someone" to share the season with? You know a special girl? I don't know if that would help but it WOULD do something....lol. Anyways sorry to hear, today (23rd) we are celebrating our Christmas party and it's going pretty good (not as good as other years though). I got some cool stuff and my friends and family enjoyed their gifts I got them....now I'm broke...seriously I got like 30 dollars in the bank....oh well.:cool:

souless cowboy
12-25-2004, 01:03 PM
i do agree with u.....idk...this chistmas is verry depressing for me becouse some stuff happened and other crap.....today we did some stuff sand my ex came over to give me a gift....but im just not happy like i should....and everything on buying gifts and other crap.....i just dont care anymore......i personly do hate christmas...but its all the stupid things that are going on behind it...
Well don't feel bad.. i actually got half way drunk at my christmas cause they kept talking about depressing crap which is going on in my family.. The only thing i had that was happy this holiday season was the buzz... God i hope this isnt going to become a habit i just needed it ya know? So much crap and all i could do was stare at my uncles shapange bottle... Screw this holiday i just want it to end...

Silver Ori-Kun
12-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Shops are open till 6pm there? sheesh...here it's only until like..4:30pm
I had to starve on Christmas, somebody forgot to buy food *looks at himself*
Piece of crap...I dislike everything about this holiday..just a freaken marketing scam, the big coporate people don't give a rats *** about us and neither do I