PDA

View Full Version : Linking Updated August 7, 2007

Myrra
12-18-2004, 11:26 PM
I have seen a lot of people linking to music downloads here and I just want to inform everyone that it needs to stop. I don't have time to check and make sure that we are not violating any copyright laws, so I'm asking nicely for you to please refrain from doing so. You may link to the artist's site, but you need to mention that in your posts.

I will not be issuing warnings at this time as it is my fault for not having that listed in the rules. But if the problem persists, I may have to.

Thank you!

~ Myrra

sazico234
04-12-2005, 07:26 AM
kk no problem!!!!

animeboy999(reborn)
07-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Question:

what if we give a link to a hosting site(music hosting)so people can hear what the song is like?

helba
07-29-2005, 07:19 PM
understood

Arisu Reiji
08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
How about if we were to post a site address on here so that the person could find the site and listen to the music there? The site that I would provide has remixed game music, so I don't know if you'll allow that or what.. It's legal and stuff since the music is remixed and original in it's sense. Would that be alright? I'll post the site address if approved.

Kid zolo
08-27-2005, 12:36 PM
ok i understand

Deathseaker1234
06-01-2006, 11:46 PM
what if you make the song then can you do that ??????????

Yugure's Goddess
07-26-2006, 04:07 PM
I have a question myself. Are we allowed to link to the lyrics of a particular song?

Thank you!

love
dani
dude

Capernicus
07-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Ok...what about songs you yourself composed and uploaded unto, like, rapishare or bearshare or something? And you posted the link a few months ago. Should I edit the post and take it out, or is it ok?

Atara Inferno
08-18-2006, 07:43 AM
I completely understood.:)

International 4-8818
08-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Okay will do. But here's a question. What about a band's myspace page? Is that okay?

Ookamikon
09-08-2006, 12:52 PM
but what if i say what site its on? cause i prety much know Youtube isnt a thieving site.

I<3ShellShock
09-19-2006, 05:40 PM
I also did myself.

Myrra
09-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Grrr...it's been a while since I've checked this thread and I no longer recall which of these questions I've answered so in descending order:

what if we give a link to a hosting site(music hosting)so people can hear what the song is like?
That is not going to be allowed. Why? Cos I haven't the time to spend checking out ever link and the site you're linking to.

How about if we were to post a site address on here so that the person could find the site and listen to the music there? The site that I would provide has remixed game music, so I don't know if you'll allow that or what.. It's legal and stuff since the music is remixed and original in it's sense. Would that be alright? I'll post the site address if approved.
Ah, but that still falls under the same category as my reason above. With remixes it's not always a given that the original artist has no claim on it just because it's a remix.

what if you make the song then can you do that ??????????

Ok...what about songs you yourself composed and uploaded unto, like, rapishare or bearshare or something? And you posted the link a few months ago. Should I edit the post and take it out, or is it ok?
If it's your own original work (and what I mean by original is you've no chance of being sued for infringement) and you've uploaded it to share....you can post a link to it as long as you state clearly that it is your own music!

I have a question myself. Are we allowed to link to the lyrics of a particular song?
You may post links to lyrics as long as you state clearly "Lyrics Only" Try not to link to a site that provides d/ls as well. I know there are a few that do that, and I'd really like to avoid the hassle of double checking the links...or elimanting them all together. We do have a thread for posting lyrics.

Okay will do. But here's a question. What about a band's myspace page? Is that okay?The band's MySpace page is an acceptable link. As is the link to a band's website.

but what if i say what site its on? cause i prety much know Youtube isnt a thieving site.
*laughs* I'm not saying a word about YouTube. If you wish to share something from that site just add a note to have people PM you. Something like "if you want to see more about X just PM me"

And I think that fairly well covers it. If you have a question you can always PM me.

Elphaba
07-29-2007, 07:18 PM
ok no problem

Myrra
08-07-2007, 10:47 PM
UPDATE:

Ace has informed that it is now okay to link YouTube music videos as long as it's relevant to the thread/post and that it's limited to just one per post. Though I swear if I see threads filled with them, I will limit it to just one per thread. I'm on dial-up and things go slowly enough for me some days. So we'll see how things go.

Thank you and have a nice day

Jose
09-22-2007, 04:15 PM
will do Myrra thx

Cool2
01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
got it

IchIiGo
01-03-2009, 09:48 AM
yes sur

TheAsterisk!
08-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Quick question: may I link directly to short samples (usually MP3s, and usually around a minute long) available on the artist's site for download (not streaming), or must I link to the page with those samples instead? Can I even do that? It would ease my posts somewhat, but I don't wish to get in trouble for bein' a fanboy.
As long as I'm at it, what's the stance on MIDIs? Their diminutive size is tons o' fun to a dial-up user like me.