PDA

View Full Version : All that Jazz?

Mingus
12-11-2004, 07:43 PM
I know this is a realllly suppperr long shot, but does anyone here like jazz? (Besides Tank. Although that is a nice big band piece.) I've been exposed to it and some of the stuff can get complicated at times, but I do like it nonetheless. My current fav standard is Green Dolphin Street. Gotta love that pianohttp://animeforum.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Zingo
12-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Jazz ain't that bad i do like some. Mine favourites is almost every blue note recordes.
Artists like Reuben Wilson, Horace Silver and Donald Byrd. Mainly old school

Myrra
12-12-2004, 06:29 AM
I come from a jazz town, so of course, I like it!
I listen to it all, from the greats of yesteryear to the hot new talents of today.

yukina18
12-12-2004, 03:13 PM
i love jazz music. it has an awsmoe beat to it

Mingus
12-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Yeah. Horace Silver has the simplist, but coolest solos ever! And I havent heard many new jazz artists.................................so besides Marselis, care to name a few names? I'm still fairly new. And theres a JAzz town? WHERE!?!

yukina18
12-13-2004, 07:45 AM
i need to know the names of some good jazz bands or artists. cause i know alot of music but i don't know who sings them or who the music is from.

Myrra
12-13-2004, 09:36 AM
There is more than one jazz town: Memphis, New Orleans and Kansas City.
I live near Kansas City
Chris Botti is one of the newer ones.. And I'd name more but my brain is fried from lack of sleep. Perhaps later.

*edit* Later is here...here's a list of old and new faves:
Louis Armstrong
Miles Davis
Duke Ellington
Ella Fitzgerald
Erin Bode
Harry Connick Jr
Peter Cicotti
Eric Darius
The Manhattan Transfer

There are more, but I don't have that kind of time. ^_^

sjøpølse
12-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Ella Fitzgerald
Ella is one of my favorite. I love the Ink Spots too.