PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best RPG/Action Adventure?

Case_Closed_Freak
12-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Which is the best??? I say zelda, and then Tales of Symphonia.

Balthazar
12-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Umm you forgot the greatest game ever made, Xenogears!

Saiyuko
12-08-2004, 06:51 PM
The Final fantasy series is probaly the best.Tales Of Symphonia was pretty good I guess.Dunno about Xenogears though,I haven't gotten that far in it.

MasterFoot
12-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Got love the Final Fantasy esp. VII and Tactics, but the old Zeldas were good too.

Chibi-chan
12-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Final Fantasy for me! Then the Zelda series, followed very closely by Tales of Symphonia. I haven't played the other two.

As for Xenogears, I want to play that very badly, but can't find it anywhere!

SGI
12-08-2004, 09:25 PM
I voted for Zelda, mostly because of Link's l33tn355.

But let us not forget Sakura Wars.

Butterfly-Kiss
12-08-2004, 10:42 PM
I voted Final Fantasy because of Final Fantasy Tactics. The rest of the series, VIII, X, X-2 IMHO, is a bit bland and the story is too complicated (especially FFVIII).

Xenogears is the best RPG mecha game ever created by Square. Xenosaga cant even compare to it's gameplay.

You forgot Wild Arms..the most UNDER RATED RPG, Wild Arms III is way better than Final Fantasy VIII. It also has an oustanding Music compared to Final Fantasy's bland organ tunes (Final Fantasy Tactics is exceptional in this remark).

yukina18
12-09-2004, 06:44 AM
i voted for the zelda series. i thought they were awsome

Balthazar
12-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Poor deprived Chibi, someone go buy Chibi a copy of Xenogears pronto!

Chibi-chan
12-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Poor deprived Chibi, someone go buy Chibi a copy of Xenogears pronto!
Yes! Poor me! If you can't buy it for me, at least tell me where I can get it! I've played Xenosaga, but want to play Xenogears! Grrr..

Kumori Shigatsu
12-09-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm a big fan of Zelda, use to be my favorite in fact, but it was too repetitive. So I choose FF. I've only played the SNES versions and a bit of tactics which i have only started. My reason for this is the lack of a playstatin at my house. We have a designated family system, Nintendo. Which I have no beef with, it's just a tad limited. I'm hoping to get a PS2...probably used in the near future.

Case_Closed_Freak
12-09-2004, 03:36 PM
The FF series is awesome too

Lord Garma Zabi
12-09-2004, 04:16 PM
I was going to say Dynasty Warriors, but I had to give it up for FF. FF7-FF9 are awesome. Tactics is great, and basically any FF except for 1 cuz it was friggin hard, and you had to fight for hours to get up to a decent level to beat the first boss. Dynasty has a great gameplay option though, all those people on the screen is unreal. It also poses a bigger challenge than FF does. Atleast in most cases.

cat lord3
12-09-2004, 04:28 PM
final fantasy all the way

karne5
12-09-2004, 05:11 PM
2 good rpgs for xbox are morrowind and fable alon dar isnt bad on the ps2 either:D i love rpgs

Saiyuko
12-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Morrowind would of been better if it wasn't so glitchy.Although,some of the glitches were pretty useful(Ex:There was a glitch that allowed your stats to go fricken high).Yet,if your save file was too big,the game would sometimes make a annoying beeping sound after awhile that will cause the game to freeze.

karne5
12-11-2004, 12:37 PM
i always wondered why it did that

Orca
12-12-2004, 02:51 PM
i knew ff was gonna get the most votes , i was gonna pick it but i got kinda hooked on Dynaty w 3 so thats wat i picked

Demon Hunter Dante
12-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Final Fantasy Rules all!!!!! It rules Hard @$$!! It is just so cool!!!!!

Sega saturn x
12-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Zelda is the only truly great game you put on your list even though its not an rpg and Dynasty Warriors is in no way shape or form an rpg.

Moon Blade
12-13-2004, 03:33 AM
It was hard to choose between Zelda and Final Fantasy. I chose FF becasue I get so immersed in the characters and plot, I just want to keep going.

Another series that I love is Kingdom Hearts. I am a good chunk through Chain of Memories, and I love it!

UltimaChaos
02-02-2005, 08:54 AM
final fantasy hands down! Tales of Symphonia is a close 2nd..but i have had to give tales of symphonia the vote b/c it is a freakin awesome game

Isunamaru
02-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Zelda got my vote!

Missy
02-02-2005, 09:24 AM
I voted Final Fantasy because of Final Fantasy Tactics. The rest of the series, VIII, X, X-2 IMHO, is a bit bland and the story is too complicated (especially FFVIII).

Xenogears is the best RPG mecha game ever created by Square. Xenosaga cant even compare to it's gameplay.

You forgot Wild Arms..the most UNDER RATED RPG, Wild Arms III is way better than Final Fantasy VIII. It also has an oustanding Music compared to Final Fantasy's bland organ tunes (Final Fantasy Tactics is exceptional in this remark).Alright I have to say something because you just dissed on my 2 favorite games (FFVIII and Xenosaga).. XD ... okay well, FF8 wasnt that hard of a story to understand... it might get a bit confusing at first but they do explain everything in the storyline if you even read what they say, or maybe you just skimmed thru the game and skipped the CG movies? i dont know, it wasn't that hard to understand, honestly. :p ...

About the Xenosaga thing... do you know why its gameplay cant compare to Xenogears? Because Xenosaga is episode ONE... they have to work their way to XenoGEARS which is episode FIVE... so of course even though the graphics are better in 'saga', they still have to make the gameplay look as if its just starting the whole thing... i'm sure they could have made it better than 'gears' if they wanted to but they had to keep the story straight... and yeah.. u get it...

Okay, I haven't played Wild Arms III so I'm not gonna say anything to that... :rolleyes: But the FF music thing... Nobuo Uematsu has earned many many MANY rewards for his scores on the Final Fantasy series and he actually got "Best Gaming Musical Score" in Japan. its not just "bland organ tunes" he mixes EveryThing... from pop, to techno, to classical.. to dramatization, to upbeat happy tunes, catchy battle themes.. etc... I don't know, personally i LOVE his work... ;)

Oh yeah.. if it wasn't obvious, my vote was for the "Final Fantasy series" :laugh:

Isunamaru
02-02-2005, 10:30 AM
It's pretty obvious
I think Zelda's better cause of the puzzles and stuff. the storys a little cliched but anyway

Shadow_Warrior
02-02-2005, 06:16 PM
man i hate having to only choose one..mine is the final fantsy series..and zelda... WHY CHOOSE ONE!!!

Missy
02-02-2005, 08:33 PM
(my 2nd post)... Tales of Symphonia was good too...

dmgmaster1990
02-02-2005, 10:02 PM
xenogears is good but what about xenosaga

Vash_2007
05-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Final Fantasy I would say.