PDA

View Full Version : do your parents care who you will marry.

Razor-Taku
12-03-2004, 08:32 AM
to day in health class we where going over mariages. i started to think if any one did care who i married. do you think that your parents will care if you marry a black, white, asian, ect. what is your thought.

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 08:39 AM
My parents are dead
Enough said :<_<:

Twinklecie
12-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Aww origen T____T *patpat* T_______T *patpat* poor you.My parents got separated tho >____<;; *huggles Origen xinfinite* there there <=)

I dont thinkies my mommy really cares lolers ^___^

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Thanks but I am kind of glad they're dead :<_<:
Anyway...they wouldn't have cared, and if they did, I wouldn't therefore I'd marry who I want as long as the love is present

Essex
12-03-2004, 09:07 AM
I think the'dd care if I'dd go marry a überbig ssalfrhdkasfks blob jau, but I don't think that will everhappen... besides I'm not that into marrage myself -.-

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 09:10 AM
You know...I was never really into it
I woud just..idk
Prefer a really nice open relantionship
Lots of love, marriage apears to kill that since everything is so tight and touchy

retro
12-03-2004, 09:23 AM
If I meet someone it doesn't really matter what my parents think, the decision is my own

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Well that's my opinion anyway

Essex
12-03-2004, 09:29 AM
How many opinions do you have? Round the same subject, I mean... it seems like we can shape your thoughts about things

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Well if you read the true purpose of my second message you'd see that I mentioned that I wouldn't care about what my parents would think, if the love is there well it's up to me
The last one was basically about the fact that marriage seems to destroy things
Different topics there, but they link up
Point is...if you love someone and you feel that you need to commit your life through marriage, it's up to you, not me, not the guy before me not your parents either, only you

Essex
12-03-2004, 09:35 AM
...it's up to you, not me, not the guy before me not your parents either, only you
Æh...? o_o what?

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Geez man..
It means that if you want to marry or commit yourself to someone, that it's up to YOU not what your parents think or anyone else
Giving myself as an example or you

retro
12-03-2004, 09:42 AM
it's up to you, not the guy before me not your parents either, only you

Ok now I get it

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Man..i know I'm badat expressing myself...but sheesh...
I didn't know it was that hard to get

ktaro_chan
12-03-2004, 09:57 AM
...maybe my parents will care who i marry. but it's my decision, it's my life and i'm going to be the one who's gonna live it. but if my parents plan a marriage for me...that's a different story. yeah, marry for love. not for uses...gee.

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm going to agree, but I'll keep shut before someone is yet again bewielded by my poor attempt at social speech

Shadowstarr
12-03-2004, 10:04 AM
my parents might care but it's my choice on who i'm gonna marry....

~kagome~
12-03-2004, 10:07 AM
its my choice who I marry even if my parents dont like the person.

Master_Will
12-03-2004, 11:21 AM
its my choice who I marry even if my parents dont like the person.The same goes with my parents.

Annik
12-03-2004, 11:30 AM
... My parents are wondering when I'll ever get a boy/girl friend... We haven't gone past that yet.

They do say that I can marry whomever I wish, even if they're an alien.

Alyssa
12-03-2004, 11:33 AM
that it's up to YOU not what your parents think or anyone else

Yeah, my parents did rant about marrying some asian oriental guy. I said, pfft... like why? That narrows down my options. **Rolls her eyes and laughs at the silly comment**

Like my parents are pretty cool, but shouldn't it be MY decision to choose who I wanna fall in love with? Yes! In fact, I don't care what nationality they are from, as long as they have a pure heart and a wonderful personality. And parents shouldn't force you into trivial things like this. If I were you, and I'd have demanding parents <for example>, and there was this person I really liked and I really spent a lot of time with this person building a strong relationship with them, I'd elope and say "Who cares." Really. I mean, when you love somebody, go for it. What's keeping ya - words? Words mean nothing to some, and plenty to many. But it's your feelings that drive you forward - so follow your heart. I'll definitely agree with your statement/quote up there. ^^

Essex
12-03-2004, 11:37 AM
...not the guy before me... >_<

Geez man..
It means that if you want to marry or commit yourself to someone, that it's up to YOU not what your parents think or anyone else
Giving myself as an example or you I ment that part, din reke

Master_Will
12-03-2004, 11:38 AM
That makes perfect sence Alyssa.........I agree.

Alyssa
12-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks Master Will! **High fives** ^^

And Tatsu-Nii, I believe he is referring to "the guy before me" probably as the ex-boyfriend. That's what I am thinking here.

my_life_sucks
12-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Umm...my parents really wouldn't care who I was going to marry, as long as I was happy, just look at my older sister's relationship with her boyfriend, he tried to kill himself and her with him when they got in a car accident, and he played her and told her to her face that he didn't love her, and he controls her every move, they even live in an apartment together, and my mom's happy for them, she says people change. I think my parents are to forgiving >_< Oh and even if they did care I wouldn't let them stop me from getting married to someone I love.

galdon
12-03-2004, 11:45 AM
my parents are over protective by far, so i'm guessing they would care, if it wasnt in US culture i'm sure my parents would try to arange a marrage for me, they still send me to bed at 8:30 when i'm just 5 short months from /18/ years old. :(

my_life_sucks
12-03-2004, 12:13 PM
My bedtimes 9:00 even though I just turned 15 today, but on weekends they let me stay up until 1:30 the latest, or actually on saterdays, on fridays I have to go to bed at 12:00.

retro
12-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Staying up late... I always wanted too do that when I was younger. Until I grew up I thought "getting sleep helps". I don't have the stamina to not have at least 6 hours kip ~

Eris
12-03-2004, 01:35 PM
They wouldn't give a dead rat's rear.

Pakachu
12-03-2004, 01:35 PM
::shrugs::
my parents probably want me to marry a japanese girl.
XP

Ollie
12-03-2004, 04:22 PM
if they didn't care, I would be concerned.
Mama knows best, after all. 9_9
... My parents are wondering when I'll ever get a boy/girl friend... We haven't gone past that yet.

They do say that I can marry whomever I wish, even if they're an alien.that's awesome. =D

En Svensk Tiger
12-03-2004, 04:24 PM
If I married a polish transvestite dwarf shemale lesbian, I guess they might react in a way.. otherwise, I think my judgement will suffice...

retro
12-03-2004, 04:27 PM
lets make up complete crap, AKA polish transvestite dwarf shemale lesbian.... should I post pointless posts... oh wait its done ~

En Svensk Tiger
12-03-2004, 04:32 PM
lets make up complete crap, AKA polish transvestite dwarf shemale lesbian.... should I post pointless posts... oh wait its done ~ You didn't make that up, you stole it from me sweetie -.-

Still, I was only answering the question "Do your parents care?" in a somewhat different whay than just writing "no". So my post was not pointless at all, as it was simply the answer to the question in wich this thread is named.
This post is pointless though -.-

No offense to the polish, dwarves, transvestites, shemales, or lesbians .

Sorry

retro
12-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Oh don't worry i posting to a forum while drunk, chicken.

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 04:59 PM
LMFAO!!!
You guys are so funny

Well I saw something about bed times and it kinda interested me
Screw making a thread
I can go to bed any time I want
Heck, I don't even have to go to bed
My life, as long as I don't bother anyone else, I can do what I want

gadgetgirl16
12-03-2004, 05:08 PM
my parents wont even care who i marry.....
(but thats not going to happen for a long time)

Daenerys
12-03-2004, 07:42 PM
I have an arranged marriage waiting for me in Holland.

Good thing I'm in america.

Gil
12-03-2004, 07:48 PM
My parents don't care. Actually, I don't know that. They probably do, but I really don't care what they think.

.com person
12-04-2004, 04:24 AM
My parents would... In the most funniest ways... both say certain things about aspects of skin color... T_T more then that though but I wouldn't care... as long as I love them... heck with it

Sephiroth
12-04-2004, 05:12 AM
My parents would definitely care. Would my parents' opinions influence my choice? No, not at all.

Queen-of-Mars
12-04-2004, 05:26 AM
My mom doesn't care about race, but I think my dad might. It'll most likely happen that I marry outside of my race...since most men in it are just childish morons. x_X

____
12-04-2004, 12:08 PM
i dunno. my parents would probably care. -shrugs- i'm actually not sure, but they most likely would.

Razor-Taku
12-04-2004, 03:19 PM
what about if one day you came home ang out of know where you said that your ingadge to an asian and your white.

Rikku
12-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Um, my parents might care just a little. And being in college, im almost to the age of looking for the right guy and settling down. Though my boyfriend is in the Army right now, I think it will be a while till i even get married. Hmm, who knows.

En Svensk Tiger
12-04-2004, 08:32 PM
what about if one day you came home ang out of know where you said that your ingadge to an asian and your white.
They would funking kill me dude, that's never forgive action.

Lvon
12-04-2004, 08:35 PM
My Father would care if I got married to a non-white person. o_O' My Mom on the other hand doesn't really care.

Korobi
12-05-2004, 12:02 PM
yes they would (arranged marriage)

Kyo Kusanagi
12-05-2004, 12:53 PM
My parents want the same thing that I do. Just a person who can treat me with respect and care for me like I do her.

Fabala
12-05-2004, 03:31 PM
My father would care regardless. He's one of those fathers who can't handle seeing his kids growing up. He's resistant to dating, to caring, to ideas of marriage...etc. Not that I let it stop me from any of it ^_~

Mum, on the other hand, is amazing. She would let me marry another woman with best wishes and not bat an eye. In her mind it doesn't matter who we love, so long as we DO love them. She wouldn't want to see any of us marry for the wrong reasons. I can respect that.

Razor-Taku
12-07-2004, 08:55 AM
wow my dad is to but what can i say my parents are davorced

.[TT]Death//Scythe666
12-07-2004, 09:21 AM
I dont believe so.. they probably have expectations but you know ^^; ah well

Terra
12-07-2004, 09:35 AM
my parents doesn't give a damn of who i marry as long as i am happy ^_^

Chibi-chan
12-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Hmm...I think my dad would most likely care who I marry. But I'll just use the 'look who you married' thing. My mom and dad are divorced and my dad married this woman who looks like she's over 100. She's such a you-know-what to me. She'll mock me, beat me ( or used to before I got older and started kicking the :censored: out of her! ), and likes to steal my stuff!

Fabala
12-07-2004, 10:22 AM
wow my dad is to but what can i say my parents are davorced

If that was in response to my post...mine are too ^^ Happened about 8-9 years ago.

Meiyu_chan
12-19-2004, 05:24 PM
My parents care but i got married anyways :D without telling some people.

DarkPrinceBman
12-19-2004, 05:27 PM
My parents dont want me to marry a guy and they hope the girl is asian man thats cuts the girls i know in half and the boys zero

Karel
12-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Dad wants me to marry a beautiful girl
Mom wants me to marry a smart kind girl
I want to marry both a and b, cause c was always right when it had that option.

*Nosferatu-Adore
12-19-2004, 05:30 PM
My parents dont want me to marry a guy and they hope the girl is asian man thats cuts the girls i know in half and the boys zeroThat sucks. I don't think mine care at all... It sure would stink to be bisexual/homosexual with homophobe parents...

Elfy
12-19-2004, 05:44 PM
hmm...I don't think my parents would worry that much as long as I get married.
My mum's so desperate for me to get a b/f that she's trying to set me up with friends...*sigh*

Pakachu
12-19-2004, 05:47 PM
heh... i was right.^_^
dad said he would prefere me to hook up with a japanese girl.

random123
12-20-2004, 02:06 AM
lucky little kids my dad cares but my mom doesnt....i remember when he said if u marry someone besides koreans then ill break your legs off.....kinda creepy

Bad Wolf
12-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Man..i know I'm badat expressing myself...but sheesh...
I didn't know it was that hard to get
hmmmm i understood perfectly. retro must be blonde. if i love somebody i dont care what anybody else thinks im going to be with them no matter what. i agree with you on the marrige destroys and all.

Himura Enishi
12-20-2004, 10:49 PM
we really must be running out of intelligent ideas for threads..........really, why does this matter?! Approval or not they can't stop you from marrying

Razor-Taku
12-22-2004, 06:54 AM
that may be but what if you married some one not of your race and when you brought that person to your house they exploded on you

animeglobe
12-22-2004, 07:13 AM
its my choice to chose who i will fall deeply in love with.i think a parent should not control there children's decision .if the person cares for that person truely then parents should not disturb they're life. but in some country's your parents choose who you will marry.which i think is really stupid. but hey what can i say thats what the think is right

Lord Garma Zabi
12-22-2004, 07:19 AM
As long as my mom gets a grandkid she's happy.

Kenshin Himura (O.o)
12-22-2004, 08:19 AM
My parents should not care....and if they did...why should I even care? I'm going to marry the person im with right now! the marrige won't be for a while though...(O.o)plus my parents don't have that much control over me! I really love the person i'm with and we already agreed we will but we can't any time soon...O well thats my opinion,.... well later!

I Love Elfy
12-22-2004, 09:04 AM
My parents are dead
Enough said :<_<:
i feel bad,thats so sad.
my parents would care who i married.

Fetal Fetish
03-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Don't know..But I do know that it has to be someone that she trusts and I TRULY love. ^^

AyoInuYo
03-28-2006, 06:38 PM
They probably wont care, my parents hate me

Tsuna Kadiri
03-28-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't think either of them would be totally against it. My mom only looks out for my best interest. And my dad would be completely happy as long as they're willing to party with him. No joke. And if they were a music enthusiast, he'd be in heaven.

I would be more worried about the other family not approving of me. I'm pretty much against the idea of religion, and I can't cook. Those are usually two big factors when it comes to in-laws. ><

Crystal_Gardevoir
03-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Honestly everytime I go out with a girl that my dad disapproves, he let's you know he disapproves and goes about his business. He may say he doesn't care but he cares... he cares more about my sister, even though they shove words down each other's throat. but everytime a deadbeat calls her in the middle of the night just to argue (one deadbeat in particular), Dad grabs the phone from my sister and tell him "you're done for the night! Goodbye!" and she persists on arguing all day and night. T_T' honestly I wish she would listen instead of fighting. well she will leave soon... I guess that's what she wanted...

lorie
03-29-2006, 04:24 AM
my mum seriously cares but she doesnt want me to worry about it right now if i did she would get embarrased
once she even said dont get married but be a lawyer and earn lots of money

Rageling
03-29-2006, 04:48 AM
They care but I don't care that they care. My dad's one of those I'm not racist but I don't think people should mix and my mom, while tolerant of all races, is determined I marry a christian. I'm just gonna marry whoever I want it's not like they can cut me off from any money there flat broke detaching myself from them is actually a great idea from a financial stand point.

teed
03-29-2006, 10:31 AM
my parents dont care as long that guy cares about me and makes me happy!

Sayoran
03-29-2006, 11:13 AM
My parents don't care as long as I'm happy *<3s his liberal parents*, and if they didn't like her there's nothing they could do anyway! ^_^

Chouji
03-29-2006, 12:08 PM
...............long as it's not a crazy person they don't care

Xieshunnuan
03-29-2006, 12:12 PM
well pretty much she do...(my mom)

Subaru Blue
03-29-2006, 01:23 PM
they dont really care as long as its someone nice

.Alumina
03-29-2006, 01:27 PM
they dont care as long as im happy apart from if it was some mass murderer or asylum escapee....