PDA

View Full Version : eating late gives u nightmares? o.Oa

gadgetgirl16
12-01-2004, 09:54 PM
it sounds kinda strange...but heres the story....well, 2 nights ago i was looking for something to eat and my mom came in and said that, "if i eat late before bedtime i will get nightmares". i thought that was kinda strange, but when i slept, i dident remember any dreams on that same night, but i did had some nightmares before...but i think is just me in its its natrual ways.....so what do u think...do u think thats true? or its just something?
:D

Pakachu
12-01-2004, 10:01 PM
nah... if i can count the times i've eaten right before crash'n out... i'd um... have a really high number? O_o...

couldnt think of anything else to add ^^;

Alyssa
12-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Nah - been eating Subway's Steak and cheese with that really hot hot spicy stuff - and that's been keeping me up all night.. **Tries to cool down the flames** Ooh, tangy. lol

I don't know if that's true though. It's not an actual proof of fact. However, if you think about something creppy JUST before you get to go to bed, then that sort of thing happens. Happened to me too before. Hehe ^^

gadgetgirl16
12-01-2004, 10:24 PM
hmmmm yea....that happened to me a copple of times before...but i get up too early to remember tho....but i remember when im in class for some reason....lol

Pakachu
12-01-2004, 10:31 PM
school on the other hand would bring out nightmares for anyone XP

Alyssa
12-01-2004, 10:32 PM
lol - yes

Sometimes when you look back you go - wow, wait? I remember this dream finally - it's truly kicking in. Followed by "Oh darn" if it's a bad dream, or "Wo0t!" - If it's a nice one.

But funny enough, I recognize my dream just after I wake up and if I don't remember much afterwards <which tends to happen> I keep it down on my diary or journal when I tend to forget. Maybe you should try writing vivid words or thoughts of your imagination and scribble them down on a piece of paper. Then you can remember lots by then - lol.

By the way, eating just before you go to bed at night does tend to make you sleep more - lol ^^

**Pardon my night english - I'm kinda slightly tired... lmao** Re-editing...

Pakachu
12-01-2004, 10:53 PM
i dont know why but i hardly ever remember my dreams.

except on those rare deja-vu momentsO_o

Master_Will
12-03-2004, 11:12 AM
i dont know why but i hardly ever remember my dreams.

except on those rare deja-vu momentsO_oI eat before i go to sleep and i never have nightmares, i barely have dreams.

galdon
12-03-2004, 11:55 AM
i've never had a nightmare from eating, tough i am one of those people with trash compactors for a stomach.

Queen-of-Mars
12-03-2004, 12:18 PM
If anything happens to me when I eat before I go to bed, it is a bit of nausea. But then again i've been feeling a bit sick after I eat. ><

retro
12-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Someone told me (Perhaps a Dad/Mom?) if you eat cheese you get nightmares. If you get a nightmare don't worry you'll wake up soon or later ~

Eris
12-03-2004, 01:10 PM
I always eat just before i go to bed and i never have nightmares.

Han
12-03-2004, 01:14 PM
if you eat cheese you get nightmares. Well....I eat cheese about every day and I haven't had a nightmare since I was like 10...and that was right after I had eaten loads, and loads of crabs.....And I dreamt that the crabs were going to... make me a woman..

Rainb0w
12-03-2004, 02:47 PM
The only thing eating late does for me is make me hit the toilet can first thing in the morning!

Eris
12-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Nvm.

ShadowBlade
12-03-2004, 02:58 PM
i rarely ever have nightmares the only time i do is when i watch really scary movies just before bed.

Himura Enishi
12-03-2004, 03:01 PM
I eat before i go to sleep and i never have nightmares, i barely have dreams.
You have dreams every night actually, you just arent able to remember all of them. As for eating, it has never been proven whether food causes more dreaming or not, but it is doubted. In order to dream, your body needs to shift from NREM (non rapid eye movement) sleep to REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, in which you dream. This pattern between NREM and REM sleep is regulated by the hypothalamus gland, which is why food will prbly have no effect on ur dreaming patterns. Oh yeah, just interesting fact, REM sleep (the time you dream), lasts only about 15 min

retro
12-03-2004, 03:12 PM
You have dreams every night actually, you just arent able to remember all of them
pointless nightmares. Nightmares are only nightmares if you remeber them ~

gadgetgirl16
12-03-2004, 04:25 PM
lol - yes

Sometimes when you look back you go - wow, wait? I remember this dream finally - it's truly kicking in. Followed by "Oh darn" if it's a bad dream, or "Wo0t!" - If it's a nice one.

But funny enough, I recognize my dream just after I wake up and if I don't remember much afterwards <which tends to happen> I keep it down on my diary or journal when I tend to forget. Maybe you should try writing vivid words or thoughts of your imagination and scribble them down on a piece of paper. Then you can remember lots by then - lol.

By the way, eating just before you go to bed at night does tend to make you sleep more - lol ^^

**Pardon my night english - I'm kinda slightly tired... lmao** Re-editing...
LOL...yea sometimes i do get good dreams....but not a lot...but i dont want to think about them too much and i used to get so many good dreams when i was in 6th grade and i used to write them down on my old diary....but now i get weird dreams and a lot i just dont remember them....*sigh* i wish my only dream will come ture...hehe

Metaldork
12-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Up untill i was twelve i've always had horrible, frightnig dreams about demons and poltergeists and other wierd stuff.

En Svensk Tiger
12-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Up untill i was twelve i've always had horrible, frightnig dreams about demons and poltergeists and other wierd stuff.
Metal music does that to ya'

I had a nightmare the other day, don't remember the details though. It was something about kids, elevators, weapons from halo2 and fish.

Rikku
12-04-2004, 09:39 PM
They say that whatever you think last when you go to sleep, you will dream of it. Either it will be a de ja vu when you wake up the next day or not.

But eating late and sleeping doesnt give me nightmares, it gives me diarrhea the next morning. =D

.com person
12-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Well... I've ate candy before sometimes; ^^ and stuffs.... and never have nightmares really....... And aghhh I HATE nightmares SO badly!!!

gadgetgirl16
12-04-2004, 10:51 PM
They say that whatever you think last when you go to sleep, you will dream of it. Either it will be a de ja vu when you wake up the next day or not.

But eating late and sleeping doesnt give me nightmares, it gives me diarrhea the next morning. =D
LOL...i hate them de ja vu (s).....i get them all the time....even when u'v noticed it....

Terra
12-04-2004, 11:29 PM
the last time i got nightmares is a few years ago...

anyway...maybe if u got really full and went to sleep... u'll get nightmares..

Rikku
12-05-2004, 12:11 AM
De ja vus are pretty predictable to me for some reason. =D Just cant expliain why though.