PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for the guys out there

Ping-chan
11-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Okay, I'm working on a science fair project for school. My hypothesis is that I think guys in the age groups 13-19 & 20-27 do -not- go for the stereotypical blonde hair and blue eyes, incredibly skinny, and are shorter and younger than them looks.

Now, before any guys go off on how shallow this is for me to only include physical appearances, it's because I need just a few variables to work with and I need to form a graph. So, throwing in the mental/personality thing in would just completely confuse the whole experiment. Also, be you a lesbian or a bisexual female, I kindly ask you not to take this survey only because I'm directing it at the male population. I mean no offense, honestly.

So, if the guys falling into the appropriate age groups could do me a big favour and answer the following questions (with the choices I have listed), I'd really appreciate it.

1. Which age group do you belong to (this must be answered or else your answers will not be used):
13-19
20-27

2. What is the prefered hair colour on your ideal girl?
brown
red
black
blonde (yellowish)
platinum blonde (almost white)
dark blonde ("dirty" blonde)
No Preference

3. What colour eyes would she have?
green
blue
brown
hazel
grey
No Preference

4. Would she be...
...taller than you
...shorter than you
No Preference

5. Would she be...
thin
medium
curvy
No Preference

6. Would your ideal girl be...
...older than you
...younger than you
No Preference

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I'd appreciate any and all who participate. On a side note, these results will be tallied, and therefore anonymous to the overall viewing. Just answer truthfully and have fun with it ^ ^

Edit: I apologize for not being specific: There needs to be one, and only one, option chosen for each question. I apologize again...

TerraN EmpirE
11-30-2004, 06:20 PM
1. Which age group do you belong to (this must be answered or else your answers will not be used):

20-27

dark blonde ("dirty" blonde)

Hazel

4. Would she be...
...shorter than you

5. Would she be...
thin

No Preference

:: edited due to changes::

Innotech
11-30-2004, 06:22 PM
20-27

No Preference

No Preference

4. Would she be...
No Preference

5. Would she be...
thin (because I am)

No Preference

Sorry I wasnt that helpful, Im not extremely picky at this point lol.

Vua
11-30-2004, 06:25 PM
1. Which age group do you belong to?
13-19

brown
black

No Preference

4. Would she be...
...shorter than you

5. Would she be...
No Preference

No Preference

ShadowBlade
11-30-2004, 06:48 PM
1. 13-19
2.brown or black
3.brown or hazle
4.shorter but not too much
5.thin - medium (anywhere in between is good.)
6. no preference as long as no more than 2 or 3 years

:cool:

Variable_Gunbuster
11-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Ok here we go.....

1. 13-19
2. brown
3. hazel
4. shorter than me (ofcourse)
5. curvy
6. younger than me

............and...done!! that was too easy.

Kyo Kusanagi
11-30-2004, 09:15 PM
1) 20-27

The rest = No preference

Princess Minako
11-30-2004, 09:18 PM
This is a poor scientific study as there are way too many variables. You are going on the perceiver's definition of a) hair color b) body shape.

Not only that what is your control group, where is your basis of comparison. To me it looks like you threw this together to make a discussion on something, because I don't know any teacher who would approve something so completely off of the scientific method as a science fair project.

The Goddess has Spoken

Silver Ori-Kun
12-01-2004, 04:07 AM

13-19

brown

I love green...But I'm gonna go with hazel...or even bluey hazel

4. Would she be...

Definately shorter than me, short girls are so cute...and I am 6'3..so it would be scary for a girl to be taller than me:<_<:

5. Would she be...
No preference really...as long as she has a nice figure...

Older than me...I think I've already kinda met this one...

Wolfwood
12-01-2004, 04:13 AM
1. Which age group do you belong to :
13-19

black

No Preference for the rest

.[TT]Death//Scythe666
12-01-2004, 04:21 AM
To be honest.. I dont go by appearence at all x.x but yeah I guess..I could put up what well yeah I unno how to word it but lets say I'll answer for the type of appearence I would probably go for if I did care heh! lmao

1. Which age group do you belong to (this must be answered or else your answers will not be used): 13-19 ^^; YAY!! I'm 17 >.<

2. What is the prefered hair colour on your ideal girl? No Preference

3. What colour eyes would she have? No Preference

4. Would she be... either the same size or just a little shorter

5. Would she be.. No Preference

6. Would your ideal girl be... either long as the age difference isnt extremly high

Thats what I think lol that was hard xD

Silver Ori-Kun
12-01-2004, 04:23 AM
Actually I never payed attention to that..
I don't go by appearance either...just seems that most the people I know with beautiful personalities are also beautiful people themselves physically

Ping-chan
12-01-2004, 03:45 PM
This is a poor scientific study as there are way too many variables. You are going on the perceiver's definition of a) hair color b) body shape.

Not only that what is your control group, where is your basis of comparison. To me it looks like you threw this together to make a discussion on something, because I don't know any teacher who would approve something so completely off of the scientific method as a science fair project.

The Goddess has Spoken

With all due respect, I didn't throw this together just to form a discussion. If I had, I would have replied as much as possible and not asked just 6 simple questions such as I have asked; as for a teacher approving, my science teacher has improved it, and, in fact, said it was a good idea and suggested to my partner and me a couple of places we could use as references to show that there actually is a stereotype that's slowly being disproved. Another teacher has volunteered to help out for the older age group seeing as most of the people I know are about 18 or 19 at the oldest. This forum has been very helpful in filling out some of these empty spaces on my survey. This small sample population of the male community seems to be very varied in tastes and that's helpful to my experiment. I'd appreciate it if you'd allow me to continue.

Essex
12-01-2004, 03:54 PM
1. 13/19
2. Brown
3. Same deal... just not red
4. shorter
5. depends on the person
6. Not to young, not to old

LXnekket
12-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Girls have nice skin. =)

Pakachu
12-01-2004, 07:30 PM
20-27

2. No Preference

3. No Preference

4. ...shorter than you

5. medium

6. ...younger than you

Defender
12-02-2004, 12:16 AM
1. 20-27
2. Black
3. Blue (the deeper the color the better)
4. Shorter than me
5. curvy
6. No preference

Blaze auku
12-02-2004, 12:39 AM
it dont matter but the 1st is 13-19 and all the reast are the last one

Silver Ori-Kun
12-02-2004, 06:59 AM
It's not exactly the fact I enjoy an older girl more
Just for my age, I'm a little more grown up..and I find it hard to find a mature girl at my age
And anyway...love doesn't have an age..well it does, maybe, but at a respectable level

En Svensk Tiger
12-02-2004, 07:07 AM
1: 13-19

2:No preference
3:No preference
4:No preference
5:No preference
6:No preference

Seriously though, as for the scientific value of these results, I wouldn't draw any conclusions on guys in general only from an anime-forum. I hope you ask other people too, cause I don't think our collection of individuals here is representative.
No offense -.-

Silver Ori-Kun
12-02-2004, 07:12 AM
It's not as if our lives are just about this forum (well at least not mine)
I don't even watch much anime and I'm not a big fan or nerd
Just a normal guy you'd see walking down you street.. :<_<:

Karel
12-02-2004, 07:28 AM
a.20-27

a. Red Hair

a. Green

4. Would she be...
a. Shorter Than El Pirateness

5. Would she be...
a. curvy, I suppose when it comes to body nothing beats a girl's good curves

a. Younger than Old Karel

Zedekiah
12-02-2004, 08:34 AM
This thread will die alone.

Silver Ori-Kun
12-02-2004, 08:36 AM
Are you ok Noki?
I hope you feel fine...

*edited* stay on topic, don't spam and don't swear.

Princess Minako
12-02-2004, 08:42 AM
I have a degree in biology and if any of my theses were ever put together this shotty I would have failed. Where is your standard definitions of terms? You say curvy but curvy to one person is different than the same words definition to another. Not only that you need a basis of comparison. A standard control group with which you can compare your results and show that there is a difference and your hypothesis is proved or disproved. This is more of a shotty psychological experiment than an actual scientific experiment. Basically its terribly done. I hope that it does die alone Noki

The Goddess has Spoken

Karel
12-02-2004, 08:47 AM
None of that really matters to me anyways. There's always something good and bad with every person.

But whatever

as for the thread, I don't care

Silver Ori-Kun
12-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Hmm...there's lots of swear words running about...I was just asking if Noki was ok..
But I'll stop caring, since I seem to be the only person ever at fault anywhere

Anyway, do we really have to be so harsh on her topic...?
I guess it's just a project...I answered only really because there were some options there that apeal to me
It's not as if I actually have too much of a preference....

Like Karel said, I don't care

En Svensk Tiger
12-02-2004, 08:58 AM
I have a degree in biology and if any of my theses were ever put together this shotty I would have failed. Where is your standard definitions of terms? You say curvy but curvy to one person is different than the same words definition to another. Not only that you need a basis of comparison. A standard control group with which you can compare your results and show that there is a difference and your hypothesis is proved or disproved. This is more of a shotty psychological experiment than an actual scientific experiment. Basically its terribly done. I hope that it does die alone Noki

The Goddess has Spoken
Oh my dear Minako, what are we to do with thee?
This experiment may be badly done, or good, depending on what standards are set. Some people are younger than you you know, some are still in high school. And in high school, the standards for what's good and what's bad are different. Basically, everyone can't be as smart and as good at school projects as you. So, if you wan't to prove your superiority, find someone of your own size.

You'll all die alone.

On topic:

Why would such things as hair color and eye color matter anyway? -.-

Silver Ori-Kun
12-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Off topic: (I am touchy) You're from Norway?! Awesome!

On topic: Well it seems that the ealier civilisation prefered just looks...
So everyone kinda has like a preference of what someone looks like..features
Some girls like tall guys, others short, vice versa
I guess some guys really don't go for a chick unless she possesses at least one of those qualities......

And thanks for reminding me I will die
I think I know that
Depressed mood here

Princess Minako
12-02-2004, 09:06 AM
Actually the standards for a scientific experiment are UNIVERSAL. Its called the scientific method. Its put into place so that there is a universal standard that all experiments are done by, to rule out variables and make the results have some sort of validity to them. Its not a "prove my superiority" thing, as a biology major and a neuroscience concentration I happen to be very passionate about science experiments. Ask EJK, he asked me for help once and I gave it to him, but I only expected out of him what I would give. He happened to have the best experiment and presentation out of anyone. If you want to post something on my bbs publicly expect it to be criticized if it is shotty.

I hate the world I do hope I die alone, my life void of annoying people ^^.

side note, physical attractiveness and aesthetic appeal has an anthropolgical history. You are attracted to "skinnier" people because they are more "fit" *loosly used darwinian term*. Women with larger breasts because they can feed the offspring better, and "curvy" women because they can birth better.

The Goddess has Spoken

Silver Ori-Kun
12-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Sheesh..we're all a freaken happy bunch of campers here aren't we?
I have nothing more to say......

Karel
12-02-2004, 09:10 AM
In any case.. a guy or girl can get atleast one of those favorites

if there's anything I'm scared more off.. is a girl with a bigger feet than myself.. anything bigger than 12 and a half.

I have my own favorites.. though I know I can never get all in one, that is why one goes for what ever he comes across. I would skip on the eye and hair color and go for size and age.. that's probably more fabled among people this days.

En Svensk Tiger
12-02-2004, 09:18 AM
Actually the standards for a scientific experiment are UNIVERSAL. Its called the scientific method. Its put into place so that there is a universal standard that all experiments are done by, to rule out variables and make the results have some sort of validity to them. Its not a "prove my superiority" thing, as a biology major and a neuroscience concentration I happen to be very passionate about science experiments. Ask EJK, he asked me for help once and I gave it to him, but I only expected out of him what I would give. He happened to have the best experiment and presentation out of anyone. If you want to post something on my bbs publicly expect it to be criticized if it is shotty.

I hate the world I do hope I die alone, my life void of annoying people ^^.

side note, physical attractiveness and aesthetic appeal has an anthropolgical history. You are attracted to "skinnier" people because they are more "fit" *loosly used darwinian term*. Women with larger breasts because they can feed the offspring better, and "curvy" women because they can birth better.

The Goddess has Spoken
You're fit but you know it.

I understand your point, but still, you were a bit harsh. My point was that this was made by a kid, thus you could not expect the general theory of relativity v2 to unfold itself. And you didn't actually provide constructive criticism. Telling people what they do wrong is helping, but telling them how to do it better is, well, better helping..
Love

on ze topic.
Still, the trends for what people are atracted to vary with time, fat chicks were the bomd during the middle ages. And need I mention all the fetishes that flourish on the 'net? I know people are atracted to different things, but jesus, I've seen some strange stuff.

Princess Minako
12-02-2004, 09:37 AM
yes and fettishes fall under abnormal psychology. So they are not apart of the regular functioning of society. they are becoming the socially "cool" thing now so its becoming more prevalent, mostly because of the "i'm oppressed" mentality that is flourishing.

And I did tell him what exactly what was wrong specifically so that he could fix it, I told him he didn't have definitions and that there were too many variables etc, exactly what he could fix, to go back and then define the words and fine tune his "experiment" . I also ASKED him what is his control group, he should have been able to answer that if he said he didn't have one then i would have told him what a good one was, but I'm not going to just rattle off one if he did have one. I did infact give him a chance to defend his experiment. If being straight forward and direct is "harsh" then so be it. I don't sugar coat anything, I call it like I see it, sugar coating it won't help anyone.

"You're fit but you know it" what does that mean? O_o

Yes during the middle ages larger women were more "attractive" but that was a societial thing rather than anthropological. You're size was a direct corolation of your wealth. The larger you were the wealthier your family was. And no matter what time or day money is always attractive. By fit, as I said in quotes, is a loosely used darwinian term rather than reflecting to being skinny and pretty. I mean as it you can search and gather well and move quickly to avoid getting eaten.

The Goddess has Spoken

Ping-chan
12-02-2004, 05:08 PM
And I did tell him what exactly what was wrong specifically so that he could fix it, I told him he didn't have definitions and that there were too many variables etc, exactly what he could fix, to go back and then define the words and fine tune his "experiment" . I also ASKED him what is his control group, he should have been able to answer that if he said he didn't have one then I would have told him what a good one was, but I'm not going to just rattle off one if he did have one. I did in fact give him a chance to defend his experiment. If being straight forward and direct is "harsh" then so be it. I don't sugar coat anything, I call it like I see it, sugar coating it won't help anyone.

First, I am a "she". Easy mistake, I get that a lot, whatever.

All right, the definition thing, I suppose you're right, but if it all comes down to it, there are all different sorts of "curvy" and "thin" in the first place. A guy might say they like "thin girls" but be thinking almost anorexic type-like while others are thinking along the lines of graceful, willow-like, so of course some will say yes to one and no to another; I decided that 13+ could decide what's thin and what's not, ne?

I do have a hypothesis; the question is "Does the male mind chose a girl set on society's primitive stereotype of having blonde hair, blue eyes, and is thin, shorter and younger than the male?". My hypothesis is along the lines of, "No, I believe that society has changed its standards of 'acceptable' and don't always advertise skinny, large-chested, blonde-hair-blue-eyed women as the fad that men have to have, therefore there's no set preference and all men have a variety of tastes in women." I did not post this earlier because I have asked several guys to take my experiment and they wouldn't until I told them the hypothesis; they automatically went for the stereotypes just to make things harder on me.

I appreciate you being straightforward because you're right, sugarcoating things don't help anybody. Mistakes are mistakes and next time I have a science experiment, I'll hone it a bit more before I do it. I was a bit insulted that you thought I just threw this together because that is completely untrue. I've edited and revised this experiment several times already and decided this was the best I could do; I was afraid I didn't have enough information to gather and it would be bland. Perhaps under body type, "curvy" shouldn't have been added, or maybe that should have been taken out in the whole, but I did do some research for this, and I only have a little while longer to finish this.

To who was concerned about this earlier, this message board was sort of my last resort, to tell the truth. I needed about 20 or so more subjects to answer for each age group and I need to work on the display board for my project so I'm confined to my house for a while...

Oh yes, by the way, I am just a female freshman in high school trying to get a good grade, ne? I'd appreciate it if Minako-san and the other Mods would leave this thread open.

ShadowBlade
12-02-2004, 05:37 PM
you all(people who put no preference for all answers) are full of bologna. you have a preference. nobody is going to judge you on what you like in a girls looks.[/rant]

you know you would pick a super modle over some 400lbs. chick before you got to know who they really were.:computer: