PDA

View Full Version : Do you know how to cook? What's your favorite dish to make?

Korobi
11-28-2004, 07:07 PM
sometimes when your mom's not there to make you dinner and you can't cook, theres only 1 thing you can do.....................go to a drive -thru:laugh:
pesonally i dont think i can cook. and my fav. dish is microwaveable popcorn:p

vhinnnn
11-28-2004, 07:09 PM
I can cook I just need the phone

gadgetgirl16
11-28-2004, 07:12 PM
I can cook chicken for my sisters, my brother and i when my parents are away doing service calls out of state.....i just need the cooking notes from my mom.....i am good at it but i can burn it a little.....

Milly
11-28-2004, 07:14 PM
When I cook, I can make a mean meal. Not to be bragging or anything...:: polishes her 1st prize cooking trophy::

but really, when i cook i just make me some good ol' rice gravy and baked chicken in the oven. I would order a pizza, but a home-cooked meal just tastes better, somehow..

Rikku
11-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Rikku cooks = disaster.

But when it comes to instant TV dinner/ hot ramen, or takes outs...everything is in peace. The end.

LXnekket
11-28-2004, 07:36 PM
I love being cooked for. =)

As for myself doing it, no can do. I microwave some leftovers like nobody else though.

Pakachu
11-28-2004, 11:04 PM
oh yeah!!
Pasta du Fromage a la Flambe!!!!
...ok... the flambe part isnt always...er... wasnt intentional

nah, j/k
i'm pretty good.
far from a five-star chef but i'm pretty good.
fav. to make is Broiled baracuda with ponzu sauce
pretty easy but damn good

Innotech
11-28-2004, 11:08 PM
I cant cook that much, but I am best at cooking chinese pepper steak.

Havana
11-29-2004, 02:02 PM
I can cook anything with instructions on them..as long as i don get lost.>_<

Mostly..ramen noodles or pasta in a box.

Zedekiah
11-29-2004, 02:06 PM
I'm quite good at burning pizzas :3

En Svensk Tiger
11-29-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm quite good at burning pizzas :3
But me and Han are better -.- I slightly recall a grandiosa wich had the texture of a stone and the color of a rat -.-

I'm getting the hang of veggie pizzas now....even my family eat them when they have to ...

Zedekiah
11-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Yes... You are. And let's not forget that one time you triggered my fire alarm at my house while cookin' stuff :3
It was fun, but noisy.

Myrra
11-29-2004, 02:41 PM
I'm a fairly good cook. I cook mostly mexican foods as that's what I know. But I'm also lazy and will cheat whenever I can.
I love to bake...and I can bake all kinds of cookies, cakes and pies. I love to cook for others. I just hate cooking for myself. And I don't burn anything.

ShadowBlade
11-29-2004, 02:58 PM
stir fry vegges and meats with fried rice. im a pretty good cook

Princess Mononoke
11-29-2004, 02:59 PM
yup the other day i made some chicken fried rice.. i also made some yummy fajitas!

sjøpølse
11-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I can cook whatever I want but I prefer to avoid meat and plastic dolls.
My favorite meal is ... I don't even know. Pizza (vegetarian) or couscous with soja sauce.

Die Tod von Euch
11-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Give me a recipe, the ingredients, and a kitchen and I'll cook it. Well, within reason. I'm not like highly trained or the best cook. I'm just good at following recipes and fixing it up so it tastes all yummy and such. Wasn't always like that, believe you me... I still remember the time I used baking SODA instead of baking POWDER for coffee cake. That tasted soooo funky. But, that was years ago, and I have since improved.

Favorite thing to make?... Hm... Well, most often I make either garlic chicken and pasta with broccoli or I make baked Italian chicken. But, my favorite thing to eat would be my lasagna. Mmm... My family's pasta sauce is sooo good (Grandma was pure Italian, her parents came over from Italy). And, evidently I'm good at making pies from scratch... Found this out this Thanksgiving. I also make really yummy ginger cookies (another family recipe, and sooo good!).

Queen-of-Mars
11-29-2004, 03:57 PM
::Clings to Myrra:: I wonder how authentic your mexican food is. >.> I'm ALWAYS willing to eat mexican food. xD Culture is good for you, especially when it is your own!

I can make a few things, but nothing too spectacular. Stir fry, fettuchini(alfredo from scratch), some mexican foods and a few other things I can't remember. However, sticking with the times, I am fond of things you can nuke.

my_life_sucks
11-29-2004, 03:58 PM
I love cooking, I could cook almost anything, I love cooking desserts the most though like cakes, brownies, cookies, and cup cakes. I can cook puerto rican food to. You know one day I kind of want to be a cook. Except sometimes the things I cook turn into disasters, like this one time I wanted to cook donuts and I kept substituting all the ingredients and they came out like oil filled biscuts o_O I don't like TV dinners they taste horrible and they make me throw up, it's better when food is home cooked and fresh. I remembered last year I cooked the turkey, I still have to cook the turkey cause we weren't about to eat three differen't turkeys on thanksgiving...

Queen-of-Mars
11-29-2004, 04:10 PM
tv dinners suck. Ramen I can live off of, but I don't just eat that. Other stuff I nuke are things like flautas(rolled tacos for you non-spanish speakers), biscuits, chicken fried steak, etc.

Zingo
11-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I make almost everything. ^_^

Yeah, ramen is easy and delicious. I use egg and chinese sausage in mine.

Hideeho135
11-29-2004, 04:52 PM
^•^ im good at cooking. i cook cakes! : :distributes cakes to everyone: :

gadgetgirl16
11-29-2004, 05:03 PM
wow...a baker.....alsome....yea ramen is my fav dish for lunch when u dont really have a luch....i like chicken ramen

Gil
11-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Beef Ramen pwnz all.

I guess I can cook. My favorite thing to cook is probably sauteed guinea fowl with rosemary garnish. That or craft mac & cheese.

niKopol
11-29-2004, 06:08 PM
My favorite is raman noodles in the microwave
but on the stove its poor man's steak (hamburger cooked like steak...ya im that poor)

*Nosferatu-Adore
11-29-2004, 06:12 PM
I can cook anything as long as I have a cookbook:D!! My favorite thing to make is Lemon Baked Haddock! It's really good!!

niKopol
11-29-2004, 06:17 PM
in case nobody saw what mine said here it is again...

My favorite is raman noodles in the microwave
but on the stove its poor man's steak (hamburger cooked like steak...ya im that poor)

Eternal Serena
11-29-2004, 10:03 PM
The only real meal I can cook is a halibut one. Basically hashbrowns go on the pan first, then the halibut. On the halibut is sprinkled various spices including paprika and dill. On top of that is another layer of hashbrowns with more spices. Once that is cooked, it tastes even yummier with a bit of lemon dill sauce on the side. ^^ Some side dishes I can make include tomatoes and basil in mayonaisse, deep fried zucchini, onion rings, and cucumber in sour cream.

Queen-of-Mars
11-29-2004, 10:23 PM
I hate sour cream. x_X

Pakachu
11-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Huzzah for all the ramen lovers!!!
i prefere to pan fry my top ramen. ^_^

Essex
11-29-2004, 11:13 PM
I make some things... but chocolate cake is my specialty

SaceGolem2
11-29-2004, 11:35 PM
My father used to be a chef, so I learned quite alot from him. im pretty decent when it comes to cooking pasta dishes mainly. Like chicken parmesan and Lasagne.

skyler22
11-30-2004, 08:59 AM
no im not a cook but my little brother is like a chef he can make a good mexican style breakfast and we have never even been to mexico
i however am the master of the microwave ^^

Blaze auku
11-30-2004, 09:01 AM
any thing that needs a egg timer

galdon
11-30-2004, 11:35 AM
i can cookish, my best one is omlete, i take a few eggs then toss in whatever i feel like putting in it and it normally turns out good. (exept for the ham with pieces of cheese inside, the cheese didnt melt)

Gil
11-30-2004, 12:46 PM
I like omlettes. I like too cook omlettes too.

mint_tea
11-30-2004, 01:07 PM
i cook cerial half milk half cerial and wah la add a spoon and yur done

Master_Will
11-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Wait.......;) ....you dont cook cerial!?!?:<_<:

my_life_sucks
11-30-2004, 02:27 PM
I eat my beef flavored ramen noodles with some Adobo and Black Pepper that is the best, but you have to put the right amount on it or it will taste like crap.

Taikyo
12-01-2004, 12:35 AM
hmm...i guess i love to cook asain foods. But im good at making beef kobe ^^;;; even though i dont like meat much.

Terra
12-02-2004, 04:52 AM
i usually cook hamburger and instant noodles...

Jagan Eye
12-05-2004, 09:57 AM
I can't cook Assasin:D but u already know that.

Tandokuno
12-06-2004, 11:06 AM
kinda macaroni and cheese

shadowanime
12-06-2004, 11:21 AM
mmm, hasbrowns ans over easy eggs...when i'm not feeling too lazy, if thats the cases it a qusadilla made with frozen, shredded chease <--ready to eat in under two minutes^_^

Lvon
12-06-2004, 11:37 AM
I can cook, and I like to. =3 My favourite dish to make is Mac and Cheese because it doesn't take very long and it's so easy. x.x

Larva.
12-06-2004, 11:47 AM
I can make perfect sushi, traditional style of course.
Szechuan beef with veggies I can make well, dumplings, four seasons and pepper steak with onions. My specialty though would have to be shrimp with cashew nuts!
All are tasty.

galdon
12-06-2004, 11:52 AM
another food that i cook is called my "suicide meal" because i throw whatever meats i have laying in the fridge in with cheese and cook it.

dont worry, it hasnt come out bad yet.

Ami~chan
12-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Burnt toast. Not even Iron Chef can beat me there!

Pakachu
12-06-2004, 06:21 PM
lol, go burn toast!!

Making rice right now.
ah yes... japanese rice cookers, the greatest things since...RICE!!!!
^___^

Terra
12-06-2004, 09:53 PM
i cook rice everyday bcause my mum want me to.
...and i notice most of u seem to like cheese alot...

random123
12-06-2004, 10:22 PM
i actually do know how to cook..surprisingly for someone like me....but my favorite dish to make is cooked rawman! its really good with kimchi:D :) mmm!

EIENNI
12-11-2004, 01:28 AM
i grow up with 6 sister so ya i know haw to cook.

by the way I'm the only male.:-(

my favorite dish to cook is lasagna it always tastes better when you make your own pasta.

karne5
12-11-2004, 07:06 AM
yes not very many males know how to cook but im one male that does i can cook french toast omelets meat hamburgers steak chili pancakes waffles and many other things:D

bakakame
10-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Ok, just thought I'd throw this one in, really easy anyone can make, and it's really good. Basically it's nacho's, but it's still really good.

First get a large plate or preferably a shallow pasta bowl, microwave safe.

Put down a layer of tortilla chips, I like the mini-tostito's, but any will work. Make sure they covor the bottom of the dish, but no more than one layer.

Next, grab yourself a nice block of cheddar (I prefer extra sharp) and shred yourself a layer of cheese over top of the chips.

Get a spoon and either spoon some hot salsa or taco sauce on top of the cheese.

Lay down another layer of chips, cheese, salsa, for about 4-5 layers, depending on how much is needed for you/you and guests

Toss the whole thing in the microwave for about 25 seconds on 800W, or just keep an eye on it and pull it out when the cheese has melted nicely.

Bring to the table/couch with a stack of napkins and go to town.http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

See, it's as easy as 1-2-*set's kitchen on fire* $#%#!&^

Amix
10-22-2005, 08:25 AM
....Eggs. ._.;;;

Faceless111
10-22-2005, 09:24 AM
I can bake. I bake cookies! Cookies! Munchies!

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
10-22-2005, 02:48 PM
i like to make this thing that has freeto's, chili beans, cheese and letuce on it. its sooo good *druels*

Lady_Farore
11-06-2005, 03:52 PM
i like making teriake chicken, pies, cakes, cookies, brownies, cheesecakes, and pretty much any sweet food there is ^_^

SilverOcean
11-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Yes, I can cook; not that I do it often though. I mainly (if anything) cook Spagetti. My favorite dish(es) to cook are Chocolate Mousse and St. Lucia Buns.

S_C_L-1
11-09-2005, 04:30 AM
oh yeah!!
Pasta du Fromage a la Flambe!!!!
...ok... the flambe part isnt always...er... wasnt intentional

nah, j/k
i'm pretty good.
far from a five-star chef but i'm pretty good.
fav. to make is Broiled baracuda with ponzu sauce
pretty easy but damn good

pasta du fromage is aggramatical.............. basically what you said was pasta from cheese... or pasta of cheese... anyway... in french we say pates... not pasta...

personally, i really enjoy cooking! if my career in the music industry fails, i plan on becoming a cook! well... a baker would b more accurate... i LOVE making pies and breads... theres nothing quite like freshly baked goods made from scratch!

~Troublesome Woman~
11-11-2005, 02:23 AM
I can cook heaps of stuff - I have to make dinner every weekend. I like pizza and currys, and NOODLES!!! I can cook all of them.

TodayIsMine
11-11-2005, 04:30 AM
I like making pasta with some veggies in it...like mushrooms, onions, peppers...and i like it spicy!
but my favourite thing to make is omlettes...with meat and veggies stuffed in like there's no tomorrow lol. oh, and lots of cheese!

S_C_L-1
11-11-2005, 05:40 AM
i loooove making gravy ^^

Chibi Goku
11-11-2005, 05:43 AM
Errrm Melted Cheese on toast ..that's about it o_o'

Dr.McDoom!
03-01-2006, 01:54 PM
La Pasta sucks! I've had enough! It's too easy! Anyway it's the Sauces that make the difference. Call them Spagetti, Friolli, Campanelli, Fusili or Farfaletti and give them different shapes. Their the same composition. My sauces suck and might make you feel like barfing after 30 min.
I can't even fry a meet right, but thank goodness there are all those wonderful Spices. They cover up the fulsome taste and makes it easier to shove it down.

Baka
03-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Yes. I can cook. Lasagna is my favorite dish to make. It also happens to be the best dish I make.

silverbangles
03-01-2006, 02:20 PM
i can cook! i can cook really well! my dad, who is fat, by the way, taught me to cook! i really enjoy making seafood dishes, my favie being sushi. my second fanie would have to be stove pop. i can also mix drinks, a useful talent at big parties!

Seldrima
03-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I can cook a variety of things, but my favourite recipe is chocolate brownies, they're hott^__^ and savoury..i can cook a mean curry, my nan taught me lots of indian foods^___^

SamuraiGirl13
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I am amaster chef! Not really, but I do love to cook!

lord_sesshomaru_15
03-01-2006, 03:36 PM
i can cook a t bone steak on a girll LOL thats about it

konoha kate
03-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Well actually I burn everything I touch, when I cook.

S_C_L-1
03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Currently working on a few recepys actually...

its sorta like a peanut butter macaroon, but with 3 egg whites instead of 2 and about 1/2 the sugar (2 parts white 1 part cane) with a dash of vanilla extract... then i spread it out onto a cookie sheet and bake it for ~5 minutes, remove, evenly spread out some dried cranberrys and then roll it up into half a dozen rolls, put back into over for ~2 minutes (just so the dough engulfs the cranberrys), remove from oven, cut into ~1 inch pieces, let cool for ~30 minutes...

and as the last touch, i dip 1 half into black chocolate!

if you have any ideas, plz dont be affraid to PM me!

-Ziggy-
03-20-2006, 06:35 PM
yup! hot pocket in microwave = yummy meal.

The Awsome
03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Do I know how to cook?! Yes, *pulls out a box of cereal, and some milk* -cereal mmm...

*Sakura
03-20-2006, 06:42 PM
I CANT COOK MYSELF, BUT I TRY to help gran make my fave food, RAMEN!!!!!!!!!!

LittleMomo
03-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Sure do! ^-^ Like to cook curry (if I had the ingredients)

~*Athena*~
03-20-2006, 07:12 PM
i know how to fry..:laugh:

my favorite food is burger, pizza and spaghetti..:p

vexx101
03-20-2006, 07:39 PM
cooking is my passion so is shopping school is not

Damon R.
03-20-2006, 07:44 PM
I don't know how to cook-- seriously. I've tried, but usually, they end up... either into charcoal or something... ugh, just something horrible. One time, I tried making chocolate chip cookies. They turned into scrambled eggs in the oven. ;-;

The only dish I know how to make is Macaroni and Cheese. *Sob sob* If I ever do live alone, I'd prolly starve to death, or become morbidly obese from all the fast-food I've eaten.

...I don't even like fast-food. xD

Devilstears
03-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I can cook. I made eggs this morning, and my sisters ex. is still here and asked me to make him eggs. He... doesn't even know how to fry an egg.. or even break an egg! I was teaching him and he put so much pressure into breaking the egg that it got all over the floor. GOD! He is 17 and has never made his own damn eggs before, people always cook for him. Frying an egg is the easiest thing in the world!

I dont have a favorite thing to cook, but I can cook as long as I have the recipe. Thanks to taking food prep in High School.

saskie
03-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Um... I know how to cook, if I see someone cooked it before. I'm not actually the type of person who follows a recipe, I just kinda create my own stuff. It tastes good because I had my brothers telling me that. I love to make spaghetti or any kind of meal... But one that beats all is "rice and eggs" XP!

Lilium Filix
03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I think I'm a fair cook. Well when it comes to simple dishes like chicken bake, fetuccine alfredo, sushi, and sashimi. When it's a dish like stir fry, or roast beef, ...no can do. I'm not much of a cook when it comes to meals, when it's baking, I can do that. I find that I'm a better baker, than a cook.

~AEK~

mimiruchan
03-20-2006, 11:26 PM
I love to cook, and bake ^^;
My gran taught me tehe as well as me really wanting to eat some nights when no one is home 0.o;

I don't really have any faves, but I like to make greek food, and lasagna.
Oh and cheese cake!
...I just made granola bars a couple min ago ^^; oy I'm sad
XD

Dark-Scar
03-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Proper decent burger and chips...or beans on toast :9

Flueky
03-25-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm a pretty good cook actually ^_^ well I love all the dishes I cook really. my homemade broccolli and cauliflower soup, lasagna, schnitzel(it's a German food), red potato dish ^_^v it's super yummy, and shrimp and clam sauce spaghetti. plus my desserts are uber yummy....hahaha everyone loves my monkey bread.

lorie
03-25-2006, 10:28 AM
well i dont know how to cook except toast, tea and chappatis and poppadoms but i love curry and im going to learn how to cook all of them!!! also how to make cakes!i just love cooking

Marie2007
03-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah it is a tie between homemade pizza and homemade pasta

Miyukara
03-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Well, i can't cook, but I can bake!! ^^ I make really good pasteries, and they're fun to make too!!! So that'd be my favorite thing to make!

lorie
03-25-2006, 03:54 PM
wow!and im not being sarcastic