PDA

View Full Version : Harajuka Girls:what do you think of them

chibiangel21
11-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of harajuka girls? I've seen some and I think they are pretty funky! They are kinda gothic-y but thats kool....what do you people think of them??

Zedekiah
11-28-2004, 07:06 AM
What in the www is Harajuka?

En Svensk Tiger
11-28-2004, 07:30 AM
Harajuka= Western Influence+Japanese Girls+Massive amounts of Drugs+Fashion gone wrong.

Japanese people who try to be trendy are more dangerous than any weapons of mass destruction.

chibiangel21
11-29-2004, 12:56 AM
ahhh!! the picture didn't show up...lets try again....harajuku girls...http://www.photomatt.com/pictures/0005/image/01.jpg

chibiangel21
11-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Here are some more girl....these girls look interesting...but oh well...if anyone else finds some pictures...be sure to share them....

http://www.japantoday.com/dbfiles/picture/girls.573.jpg http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v153/cyzilla/Japan/Harajuku_girls_1.jpg

Wolfwood
11-29-2004, 01:01 AM
O_o there just wrong... and chibiangel, if you would never call them "gothic-y" again i would really appreciate that, thx.

Myrra
11-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Girl..you are going to be in trouble You violated a rule about double posting. Not only did you doulbe post, but you triple posted...tsk, tsk, tsk

En Svensk Tiger
11-29-2004, 01:50 PM
ahaah..My definition seems to have been quite correct...

Those pictures just took off 1 month of my life, thanks alot -.-

Zedekiah
11-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Those pictures just gave me enough life to life 'till hundred.

I want to go to Japan badly for the first time ever.

Princess Mononoke
11-29-2004, 02:57 PM
omg do they like.. go in public like that?

Die Tod von Euch
11-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Yes, Mononoke, they do.

To see more girls like this, check out the Gothic & Lolita Bible, a Japanese publication that is a fashion magazine for the "gothy" J-peeps (boys and girls). Because, after all, we mustn't leave out the guys... There are the boys that like to dress like this, too. Take Mana for example, who the girls in the gothy frilly blue stuff in that one picture are trying to dress like.

Pakachu
11-29-2004, 10:33 PM
O_o...actually, i thing thats kinda hot.

Guess i'm just wierd like that^_^()

SaceGolem2
11-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Harajuka= Western Influence+Japanese Girls+Massive amounts of Drugs+Fashion gone wrong.

Japanese people who try to be trendy are more dangerous than any weapons of mass destruction.Never ever have I seen words more true. Agreed.

Im not one to hate on the way someone decides to dress, but at that age, what in the world is influencing them to dress like that.

Havana
11-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Those are some strange pics..which i've never come across before.

MistressPookyChan
11-30-2004, 03:16 AM
I absolutely adore Harajuku. On sundays is when they gather but sometimes you get the occassionally gothic or gothic lolita on the other days. There is a bridge right ourside of the exit that leads to a temple. It's a huge pedestrian bridge, so people just sit around and talk to everyone. The area is not just for the goth scene. On Takeshita Street there are goth, rock, fruits, punk, hip hop, hippy, etc etc style. On the street parallel to it, there are trendy stores like Louis Vitton, Gucci, and the like. Definately an interesting area. I recommend checking it out if you're into that sort of thing. I dont get down there nearly as often anymore, but I do try to go once a month or so.

Princess Mononoke
11-30-2004, 10:32 AM
oooh take some pictures for us pooky!

Zingo
11-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Man those girls are whack f00. Do you dress like Harajuku girls, Pooky?

Pakachu
11-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Whack...? O_o

wow..getting old school with the terms huh?

Die Tod von Euch
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
haaaah. It's wiggidy whack, yo. XD

I want to go to Harajuku and dress all fun....

When I worked at House of Anime, I was like the resident gothy consultant or something. The owner would call me into his office and show me a bunch of gothic lolita items and ask if I thought American goths would buy them, since they are so popular in Japan. Some things were really cool, but others...like the maids hairpiece things...were likely only items that Jrock fanpeople or cosplayers would wear. And, since he planned to sell these things at cons, I figure they'd probably do fairly well. *shrugs*

Personally, I wouldn't wear the frilly goth stuff. I'd go for the much more simple look... With perhaps leather, or vinyl, and fishnet. *nods*

Pakachu
11-30-2004, 04:20 PM
i'd wear the frilly goth stuff.^___^

The Rebel
11-19-2005, 03:36 PM
OMG! I don't see how you can think they look Goth! The whole basis for Goth is wearing Black. They are the opposite of Goth, they look like Anti-Gothic. I admit, the look has a certaint appeal. Some of them do look pretty hot, but I just can't call them Goth. It's more like some crazy punk style, if you ask me. Oh, and yahoo Images is a good place to find more pics.
Oh, and by the way. I couldn't find it under Harajuka, but I did find it under Harajuku.

EDIT: Here's a pic
http://static.flickr.com/21/34276619_5aed0899bf.jpg?v=0

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Dude thats freakin awsome i love that...
ill go look up some pics...

Have a nice day XD

*EDIT* Here you go XD i bit big sorry...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/Athanos8/Harajuku.jpg

YourShadow
11-19-2005, 06:48 PM

Japanese people who try to be trendy are more dangerous than any weapons of mass destruction.

I can't agree more.
all I can say is how can they think thats cool?! :banghead: :wacko:
Im sure all they do is scare children.

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Are you serious? The harajuka thing is awsome... I love it XD

have a nice day XD

Milfeulle Sakuraba
11-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Personaly, I really love the Harajuka Girl style, I myself dress like this.. o_o; But, you have to realize that not all Harajuku girls dress "Gothic" Some Gothic Lolita is very pretty, and if you can pull off wearing it then I say go for it;Nevertheless, I've known many people to wear Hello Kitty stuff, like things from Sanrio ( Like what I wear ) It's very fun. ^^;;

Here's my picture:

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/Hara.jpg

...Yes, It's different, but if all of you can understand and like/love Anime and Manga, that I am sure that you would all understand why Japanese girls dress like this, well.. some of them. ^^; I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, and I'm not trying to make a fight.. but I really do dress this way.. and I wouldn't like people making fun of it. Thanks. ^__^;

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Personaly, I really love the Harajuka Girl style, I myself dress like this.. o_o; But, you have to realize that not all Harajuku girls dress "Gothic" Some Gothic Lolita is very pretty, and if you can pull off wearing it then I say go for it;Nevertheless, I've known many people to wear Hello Kitty stuff, like things from Sanrio ( Like what I wear ) It's very fun. ^^;;

Here's my picture:

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/Hara.jpg

...Yes, It's different, but if all of you can understand and like/love Anime and Manga, that I am sure that you would all understand why Japanese girls dress like this, well.. some of them. ^^; I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, and I'm not trying to make a fight.. but I really do dress this way.. and I wouldn't like people making fun of it. Thanks. ^__^;
Wooo yea MAD REP to you XD... Awsome style i love it XD...

Have a nice day XD

ranma_my_luv
11-19-2005, 10:32 PM
i think they r kinda kewl actually
but im weird like that...
its just that i KINDA dress like that ^^

Devilstears
11-20-2005, 04:26 AM
Here are some more girl....these girls look interesting...but oh well...if anyone else finds some pictures...be sure to share them....

http://www.japantoday.com/dbfiles/picture/girls.573.jpg
I think that looks really really hot *drools*

Lady V
11-20-2005, 04:32 AM
Hm. First and foremost, I never realized that goth was labelled through clothes. Harajuka Girls (though that name is politically incorrect, for I think it is done by both genders] are far from goth. Their fashion is a self-made form of art. I find it interesting and cool.

I would love to be a Harajuka Girl; unfortunately, I lack the creativity to become one.

MistressPookyChan
11-20-2005, 08:25 AM
People, people. It's spelt HARAJUKU. It is a place in Tokyo. the term Harajuku Girls was coined by Gwen Stefani.

Darklord
11-20-2005, 08:36 AM
O_o;;;;;;;;;;................OMG! How can they dress like that! XD! I thought I was a freak by wearing suits all day and this.....But this!...*gasps for breath*...I will not try or even wear those clothes..........

Vagary
11-20-2005, 10:05 AM
I think it's pretty kewl. I kinda like wearing crazy stuff, it's fun! ^_^

prettyketty
11-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Harajuku Girls are Japanese girls that are always around Gwen Stefani. I just like Harajuku girls because they get to wear those nice clothes.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/72sky2/harajuku1-sm.jpg