PDA

View Full Version : Racism

Vua
11-25-2004, 12:10 AM
A discussion on racism, cause we seem to want to talk about it.

I think that ppl are just a little too sensitive and look to far into things. just because it comes out sounding racist doesnt mean it was intended to be that way. If we can turn racism into something to laugh at im sure no one would be offended.

Havana
11-25-2004, 12:13 AM
My parent's mostly my mom..even though she's not rasicts, she makes racist comments anywayz..and she denies being racist. She also thinks that asians are cheap or something, but that's what she she thinks though, and i'm never racist.

Kittie Pryde
11-25-2004, 12:18 AM
Anything nowadays never seems politically correct. I think there's more prejudism than racism really. In my opinion, prejudism is just a softer "criticism" (but don't think I'm saying that I'm okay with it) than racism.

People are too opinionated nowadays, whether it's about your shoes or the way you cut your meat. I agree that people get offended easily.

Furthermore, there are just some communities out there that do not have enough exposure (or no exposure at all) to other nationalities/races/alternative lifestyles that prones them to become ignorant and/or uneducated enough to understand the lifestyle of other people.

But it makes me happy to know that there is more racial interaction than ever before, and from where I live, it's hard to find someone who doesn't have at least more than 1 national background.

Milly
11-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Ahh...a racism thread! wow, just AFTER I was ranting about it in kitty's thread. lol.
yeah, so like racism is pretty bad and some of my friends tend to turn it into a joke and we all laugh about it, but then afterwards it kinda sits in ur head, after awhile.
Edited: Sometimes one of my friends bring it up, we talk about it, joke about it, and laugh it, and then shut up. I think that is what all ppl do.:)

Kittie Pryde
11-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Ahh...a racism thread/ wow, just AFTER i was arnting about it in kitty's thread. lol.
yeah, so like racism is pretty bad and some of my friends tend to turn it into a joke and we all laugh about it, but then afterwards it kinda sits in ur head, after awhile.
My friend makes racist jokes, but I laugh about it. I guess I'm immune to it, because I know it's all good fun and he makes sure he includes everyone (even his own race). Haha. My friends and I joke about stuff like that with each other, because we're so diverse that we don't really get offended.

I think it's okay to joke about it, as long as the people involved are okay with it. But other than that, it becomes a serious topic. So it's advisable that most people just sow their mouth shut, unless they know it's "safe". Sounds bad, but it's the truth.

Vua
11-25-2004, 12:29 AM
My friend makes racist jokes, but I laugh about it. I guess I'm immune to it, because I know it's all good fun and he makes sure he includes everyone (even his own race). Haha. My friends and I joke about stuff like that with each other, because we're so diverse that we don't really get offended.

I think it's okay to joke about it, as long as the people involved are okay with it. But other than that, it becomes a serious topic. So it's advisable that most people just sow their mouth shut, unless they know it's "safe". Sounds bad, but it's the truth.
Exactly, in fact. My friend oes by "Lil' Chink" sometimes. hes fine with it. I mean, no one at my school cares. well the teachers do. but we constantly make jokes about races. but when you really ask, everyone at my school hates racism. there are the few selections that are infact, raist. but you cant always look at the whole.

Looking at my school, i dont think racism will be that big of a problem in the future. my generation seems to find it funny ^^

Metaldork
11-25-2004, 12:45 AM
All of my friends are racist, i don't have a problem with that because so am i. Like we'll see a black guy walk by and we will say "Hey you want some chicken?" all of us laugh about our racist jokes but other people do not find it funny, but we don't care.

Vua
11-25-2004, 12:47 AM
All of my friends are racist, i don't have a problem with that because so am i. Like we'll see a black guy walk by and we will say "Hey you want some chicken?" all of us laugh about our racist jokes but other people do not find it funny, but we don't care.
Thats....... dont do that anymore....
even if you find it funny, dont do it. Self-control. learn it, use it

Metaldork
11-25-2004, 12:53 AM
But that's what i am, ok

Kittie Pryde
11-25-2004, 12:53 AM
All of my friends are racist, i don't have a problem with that because so am i. Like we'll see a black guy walk by and we will say "Hey you want some chicken?" all of us laugh about our racist jokes but other people do not find it funny, but we don't care.By joking about it, I didn't mean joking about it and actually meaning it. It's really hard to explain.

I really really would like to share my input on what you just said, but I know that in the long run, I'll only be wasting my time with someone who will probably ignore what I have to say.

But I would like to add that black/white/yellow/green/whatever, everybody is the same. You, nor I, are no better than the next person. We're no different. Our (being my own and your own) race produce good AND bad people. It's not just the color you're making fun of, but that PERSON. That person who has their own individuality, characteristic and personality. You are hurting that person who probably doesn't like chicken. :<_<:

Vua
11-25-2004, 12:56 AM
But that's what i am, ok
listen. I dont say everything i think. because i dont know how ppl might react. just because its what you are doesnt mean everyone has to know. Your a human. try not to be one-dimensional.

Thats the kind of thing.... nvm.... i dont want to start a flame war

Metaldork
11-25-2004, 01:29 AM
ok, i understand

Eternal Serena
11-25-2004, 02:57 AM
Racism/prejudice is wrong in my mind. I know other people have grown up and still grow up in a prejudiced environment, but I think it's sad. We're all humans. The color of our skin shouldn't matter about anything. Sometimes I'll hear jokes and such and laugh with them, but then I feel uncomfortable about it. I've seen so many black and asian guys that are totally...cute >>; My grandpa is still in the mindset that blacks and whites shouldn't marry. I know he won't change, but that's ok, because he's not very horrible about it. I'm glad times are changing. I think ppl who are racist or prejudiced are still immature. They look down on others, make fun of them at their expense...etc. It's just not right. Other ethinicities and races are our equals, not inferiors.

Elfy
11-25-2004, 03:10 AM
I just don't see the point in it...
ya they look different to some of us...big deal. If someone made racist comments about my Phillipino friends I was on their backs in a second...It ish conpletely unfair.
we are all humans after all...

Mariya Shidō
11-25-2004, 06:37 AM
Im german , im anti-rascist , yet i look down on the 08/15 white trash , propably because white trash embodies ignorance , backward thinking , reactionism and utter dullness . Especially if they got synonyms for "Heil Hitler" in their names . Im getting along with all sorts of people , unless theyre little nazis .

Zedekiah
11-25-2004, 06:40 AM
Haha, nazism rascism? Kinda fits, though. Contradiction to the limit :D

But everyone gotta have something to comfort themselves with hating, no? ;P

Mariya Shidō
11-25-2004, 06:44 AM
Well , if someone uses the 88 in the nick , unless its their birthyear , it stands for Heil Hitler . And many rascists kind of worship that austrian chancellor . And why shouldnt one hate rascists or nazis , they dont deserve to spread their way of thinking .

Zedekiah
11-25-2004, 06:46 AM
Hate the haters?

That's a colorful way of solving things :3

It's like "sechszing" for virginity and Waging war for peace.

Mariya Shidō
11-25-2004, 06:53 AM
Yes , hate the haters , thats the ultima ratio . No tolerance to those who oppose tolerance . Thats what history taught us . Tolerating those who oppose tolerance has always lead to more misery , so you gotta draw the line .

Zedekiah
11-25-2004, 06:55 AM
But then don't pretend to be any better than them. You hate out of the same feeling, just for another reason. Just like them.

So instead of hating, try convincing them to realize the truth of the whole thing. Just saying "I hate you and your way of thinking".. Is pretty much EXACTLY the same as they do.

Gratz, you'd be perfect for both sides :3

Mariya Shidō
11-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Thats very amusing , as if talking ever helped anything at all . Its not like they would listen , same as the "waging wars for peace" , if you target at the US foreign policy , they maybe attack the wrong ones , but you cant expect that talking would convince a bin Laden not to hate the US . Same as talking doesnt convince a rascist not to hate anyone for racial reasons . We actually believed that we could talk to them , until we noticed that neonazi parties entered the regional parliaments again . As patriot you got to oppose them for they drag your country through the mud with their actions .

Zedekiah
11-25-2004, 07:12 AM
And so does the hated haters think as well. Only opposite.
As I said, you're both alike. Just different ideals. None is better. After all, this IS "beyond" good and evil.

And as for the US policy on war...

Haha...

Yes, they do it in the name of God, the good of the people and the right for the world [/sarcasm]

Mariya Shidō
11-25-2004, 07:46 AM
Hate is maybe a bit strong , it should be a profound dislike . Dislike because every rascist and every neonazi reminds us of our bloody history , of our shame and of our guilt that will never be forgotten . When people then stand in for rascism and nazism that feels like a constant stab to our hearts . Thats how part of the pro-war americans feel as well , only that every political leader who mocks them reminds them of 911 . Similar in the Netherlands where riots started after the murder of Theo van Gogh . America fears terrorism , Germany fears the constant intensification of nationalism and rascism and the Dutch fear or mourn the loss of their "multicultural" society . And you dont need to repeat yourself in comparing me to the nazis , at least i didnt use art that glorified nazidom and nazi symbols . You live in your Ivory Tower being totally ignorant of other societies problems . If you think talking would help come on over and try your luck , we tried for almost 60 years and everything we achieved was rascism getting en vogue more and more .

PS : You mentioned the word hate first . But to look down on someone is not the same as to hate someone .

Zedekiah
11-25-2004, 08:59 AM
Oh, but I enjoy my present state. If I were to be like that, to be "right, honest and knowing" as you are now, I'd rather pass.. As I've already seen what it's like..
What I am trying to say is merely that you shouldn't dwell in the past, being ashamed (pride in the first place is an unnecessary trait) or sink to their level. And as for symbols.. Heh, you're fairly guilty as well. Though yours are not mordant..
I were overly hyper-sensitive to people's ideals and thougts like you are once. The only thing that paid off was with frustration and exhaustion. Some are willing to see, some aren't. I cope with that and play an apathetic role towards their attitude.. Unless they pose a threat. So should you

And take a look at my current sig quote.. I've been using it for quite some time, well before this thread started, and if that doesn't solve out my thoughts on fascism.. Well, I guess we both live in ignorance :3

You see, the whole thing about how I drew parallel with how you act out your opinions is based on your "lynch" quote.. As I've heard a hundred neo-nazis say just that, only with something else being the "object" in the sentence analysis.

Zingo
11-25-2004, 09:09 AM
There many people that act like racists. But when they get to know the person they don't care. In my class everyone says bad things about foreigners, but they like watching
Fresh Prince, and they think I'm cool.

chiyo-hina
11-25-2004, 09:36 AM
i trhink racsium is stupid my mom is racest agent enny one who is not asian its soo mean and my dad likes all races of pepol

SailorCross
11-25-2004, 09:59 AM
There are too many shallow people these days that worry way too much about what people say. It's really bad and I don't like racism. Yea, I may get mad at another person that may be black, but I don't hate or dislike other black people. Where I live, I go to a school where the majority is black. My brothers and I are white. What I don't like about this school is I suspect the principal is rascist, but I don't know. He made my brother take off his make-up just because he was goth. I rallied a protest about it and we won. Anyway, there are some rascists in my school and I know it because some of the black people call my brother a fag.

What I don't like in our school is that the black kids can call us white kids crackers and fags but once we say 'nigg***' is all rascist white kids hating blacks. I really hate that.

Eris
11-25-2004, 10:05 AM
I hate all races. Does that make me racist?

SailorCross
11-25-2004, 10:07 AM
LOL, no that just makes you a hater. Paraniod, or something like that.

Eris
11-25-2004, 10:16 AM
No, i'm not paranoid. I don't believe that humanity is after me, I just hate humanity.

Mariya Shidō
11-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Ah well , i was living in Eastern Germany , due to the 44 more years in dictatorship we had to enjoy there has been no confrontation with our historical role , because , per definition they said all nazis live in Western Germany . Shortly after the iron curtain was gone , you could say 50% of the pupils in school were skinheads , not the rather convenient ones who just drink and listen to Oi music , but those who rather hunt turkish or black people down , not to forget those that listened to "nigger music" or those that had longer hair . It still is the same , only that there are even less "nigger music" lovers and longer haired people in Eastern Germany`s schools ( not even the majority of girls have long hair :p ) . The more foreigners they hunt to death , the less people will invest money there into economy , the worse the economy gets there , the more they blame foreigners and the more they hunt to death . Thats a nice neverending story .

Pakachu
11-25-2004, 11:24 AM
i dunno... i dont really consider myself or my friends racist... we're kinda equal opportunity about that kinda thing. White, black, yellow...green, crippled its all good. ^_^

however my parents are kinda racist. they just dont like "mexicans" and for some reason they seen to have the hardest time believeing that asians are capable of commiting a crime. O_o...

Fabala
11-25-2004, 11:46 AM
I don't think there's a person out there who can claim not to have a shred of racist attitude in them. I think it's a fact of life, a fact of facing and dealing with people every day who don't look exactly like you. We're shallow creatures.

However, I do believe some people make more of an effort to see and understand that part of themself and learn to work with it. They see racism as negative and want no part in it. Then there are people who adamantly insist on "not being racist." I'll be honest. I think those people have seen themself say or do something spurred by racism, but are fighting to tell themself it didn't happen/it wasn't like them. They haven't accepted that it very well could be a part of them....and one that can be worked with.

When I was young I lived in a heavily-mixed neighborhood. We ended up leaving partly for my father's work, and partly because my elder sister was being harassed in school for looking different (Pale, blue eyes, blonde hair). I didn't find that much out until many years later. Anyway, I remember moving to this town. At that age I was looking at it as merely a new experience, and made friends left and right. As the years went by I became appalled with the levels of racism the town was/is thick with (Its improved somewhat). Especially in my classmates. Years after that I came try to realize that this was a white-white town. Many of the occupants had grown up here and raised their families. It was what they knew, and how they lived, and they treated someone who didn't look like them distinctly differently. I don't think it makes it right, but it does provide some level of understanding.

Mecha-Griever
11-25-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm just happy I live in a country where towns like that do not exist. It sickens me when I come across someone over here who can have such disdain for human life. Whilst I don't hate racists, I pity them all the same. Its sad, very sad. Nokizaru, I see what you mean, but similarly I think there is a rouch divide between the hater and those who do not condone the acts of the hater. Personal opinion isn't as severe as when those misguided opinions are acted upon.

M~G

Eris
11-25-2004, 05:12 PM
I don't think there's a person out there who can claim not to have a shred of racist attitude in them. I think it's a fact of life, a fact of facing and dealing with people every day who don't look exactly like you. We're shallow creatures.
I don't think that is true. Sure, all people have prejudice about how people of other ethnical origins behave, but i doubt that is a specific race thing, it's probably more of a social status thing based on your experiences. If you for an example se alot of people with the same origins being poor, you're going to assume they're all poor, the same way you assume people with broken and dirty clothes are poor.

I think most people have a way too touchy definition of racism; something like "anything that even comes remotely close to mentioning or thinking of someones origin", while i prefer wikipedias definition: "beliefs, practices, and institutions that negatively discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed race".

ShadowBlade
11-25-2004, 06:09 PM
i didn't know what racism was ontill 6th grade. i thought it was just something out of old folks tales and crap.:<_<: racist people suck:badrazz:

Hideeho135
11-25-2004, 06:54 PM
i didn't know what racism was ontill 6th grade. i thought it was just something out of old folks tales and crap.:<_<: racist people suck:badrazz:

i agree

Innotech
11-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Im not racist, but I am character prejudiced. By that I mean I tend to dislike a certain kind of personality, which can apply to any race or gender. That personality being trashy, overly selfish, loud mouthed, rude, flaunting false wealth/posers, and inconsiderate of other people. Whether that person is white or black or asian or spanish, they are crappy people regardless.
I have several friends who are black, and my uncles friend, who is a tenant in his house up North (the ones who came down for Thanksgiving), is in fact, a black man. A very distinguished, polite, corteous, and religious black man who I admire a lot and can tlak to all day. just a great guy. However, as far as branding an entire race under one stereotype, I know better.

Kumi
11-25-2004, 07:08 PM
I am not racist.........i just hate everyone...
No.....if someone hates another person just because of race.......then they have problems of letting the past go....i don't mind people who are racist....just as long as they don't do anything drastic (hate crime).....it's a bad thing....one of many found throughout the world......

Hideeho135
11-25-2004, 07:12 PM
I am not racist.........i just hate everyone...
No.....if someone hates another person just because of race.......then they have problems of letting the past go....i don't mind people who are racist....just as long as they don't do anything drastic (hate crime).....it's a bad thing....one of many found throughout the world......

kumi, do you hate us because we used to eat you?

Innotech
11-25-2004, 08:14 PM
I think it has a lot to do with the region where youl ive if you are in america.

For example, Ive known people who lived up north, never thought bad about black people in general, because up North, a lot of blacks are very dignified and respectful and good citizens. Down here, I dont know what the hell it is, but a lot of them HATE white people. A lot of them are rude as hell, angry at the world, and generally despise anyone who isnt black. Perhaps a carry-over from the slave era, but come on, that was many years ago and not even in the current generations! Its the past, it happened, lets move on. I dont owe these people anything, and they dont owe me anything. But even ithough there are a lot of people down here like that, there are also some very nice, respectable blacks, people I call my friends, hang out with, lend my books to, watch anime with. So in effect while I am a bit more cautios of the black population down here because of the bad apples, I dont group all of them together as just one horrible race. EVery person is an individual, crappy or not. People moving down here may even do begin to hate blacks for how they treat whites here. Some are every bit as racist towards whites as some white trash are towards them. I am glad to say I am not among them, and I dont see a reason to ever hate an entire race. YOu miss out on the great people of the world, because many great people come from bad situations. However, if the character warrants it, sometimes I will be a tad derogatory towards those bad characters, if you know what I mean. Id like to break that habit also.

Milly
11-25-2004, 08:43 PM
There many people that act like racists. But when they get to know the person they don't care. In my class everyone says bad things about foreigners, but they like watching
Fresh Prince, and they think I'm cool.
I take it your African-American (like I am) or something?:) yeah, fresh Prince is tight, I don't care what anybody says;) .

Check this out! I'm black (and I'm proud) and I have a German grandmother who obviously married a black man! Weird, huh? But it doesn't matter what color she is. She could be black, white, asian, green, yellow or whatever. I still love her for who she is. Heck, she didn't even have to marry a black guy if she didn't want to. I'm still a bit sensitive with the 'n' word, but I guess I could handle it. Hehehehe...you can't deny what your heritage is:cool: .

Boo
11-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Racism is stupid.Whoever made that word should be hung....jk...but anyways,its just stupid.Thats all i have too say.I dont see someone would hate another person just because of their skin color...its like killing your family....personaly i dont know anyone who is a racist.If i knew someone who was....personaly...i wouldnt be their freind.

my_life_sucks
11-26-2004, 03:28 AM
You know...I never ever realized that there had been problems between people of different races until 5th grade when I went to a public school. I was raised to love all people no matter what, and even without being raised like that I would never have problems with different races. It was horrible in the schools though in the school I used to go to there were problems between blacks and whites, in another school in my area it was between blacks and puerto ricans that was a high school and the middle school where there was a problem between blacks and puerto ricans the school had to close down a few times because of the fighting, even though that school was just fucked up to begin with. One of my friends grandma used to have a problem with her dating blacks or puerto ricans because she said that the kids would be made fun of, which made no sense because the area where I come from a lot of the kids are mixed. I'm all Puerto Rican and I wouldn't mind going out with someone of a different race and neither would my parents. My area is mostly populated with puerto ricans, then its blacks, then its whites. Here's something that my boyfriend said the other day that really pissed me off, and it really has nothing to do with racism but its just another form of prejudice, he said that gay people shouldn't get married because they don't have that right and god hates them because he wanted it to only be boy girl relationships. I told him that if god really hated them then why aren't they dead or bad things happen to them, and that its not are place to judge and ridecule other people just for being different, if someone is in love with a person then they should be aloud to be together and get married. This could go for people of different races to. I just don't get people sometimes they make no sense at all. I think that all these problems will eventually disapear with future generations.

Wolfwood
11-26-2004, 05:58 AM
i'll keep this short and simple.

if you are racist in any way, please just die, the world dosent need or want people who judge others by race.

...somehow i know this is going to come back to bite me in the ***

.[TT]Death//Scythe666
11-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Races doesnt change what the person is truly like.. those who are racist should stop to think why they dont like the other person... I mean there not the ones hating someone for what race they are..

I absolutely HATE racism and I feel that its probably one of the worst problems in the world

People who are racist are idiots.. ¬_¬ thats all I can think of saying.. not much sense but yeah..

Zingo
11-26-2004, 08:03 AM
Milly: Well I'm asian. But they like black people they just say stupid things. But I dislike asian, pakistatian, white boyz... etc wannabe gangster groups. It's just idiotic.

SailorCross
11-26-2004, 09:43 AM
I really dislike the "n" word, I don't like haters and where I am, most of the black people down here hate white people. And this is also true, the majority of our black people act stupid and no offense to them are stupid. But I don't hate them, I just pity them. I just really they wish they could see themselves through my eyes or someone truly different from them. My parents don't like me going out with black guys, but I kind of agree with them. Their reason is that, I have not seen a black guy not cheat on their girlfriends. I have no problem about going out with black guys, but I do have a problem if they cheat. I just don't trust them with that. Now they're cool to hang out. I may not like how they act, but hey, that's just how they are.

my_life_sucks, I have something to say to you about what your boyfriend said. God doesn't hate gays or lesbians, he loves them very much. It's just what they do that he hates. God loves everyone for who they are, He just hates sin. It says in the Bible that homosexuality is an abomination to God and they will never enter the Kingdom of God.

Vua
11-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Milly: Well I'm asian. But they like black people they just say stupid things. But I dislike asian, pakistatian, white boyz... etc wannabe gangster groups. It's just idiotic.
Thats my sister. She try's so hard. Its just funny. ><
But it gets annoying fast. Most asians at my school are like that. Really stupid

Milly
11-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Okay...this is kinda', sorta' and slightly off topic, but does anybody have a friend who's white but acts black?
See, I have this one friend Nick and my other friend Brandon. Brandon is half-black and half-Korean and Nick is just white. And Nick says he acts MORE blacker than Brandon. But I'm sorry to say, but he does. ><. I think that is why everybody calls Nick: "white chocolate". LOL

Hideeho135
11-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Okay...this is kinda', sorta' and slightly off topic, but does anybody have a friend who's white but acts black?
See, I have this one friend Nick and my other friend Brandon. Brandon is half-black and half-Korean and Nick is just white. And Nick says he acts MORE blacker than Brandon. But I'm sorry to say, but he does. ><. I think that is why everybody calls Nick: "white chocolate". LOL

HA!!!!!thats funny. im so not racist. :curses: racist people suck:censored:

me---->:slurp: <----racist

shi_amai
11-26-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm not racist but I hate it when people say other people are racist but they act racist. Like the black girls at my school. If a teacher punishes them they say it's because that teacher is racist, yet nothing's wrong when a teacher punishes a white person. And the people don't yell at the black girls when they break the dress code, but if someone else breaks it in the smallest way they get in trouble because if the black girls are yelled at they say they're racist and get very mad (I've seen it for myself). It's so annoying.

ShadowBlade
11-26-2004, 02:36 PM
the way they talk is not them acting black.(i hate that phrase) the way they talk is determined by where they grew up, and who they grew up around. just because somebody uses slang and talks with a getto accent doesnt mean they're acting black.;)

DownRight-eviL
11-26-2004, 02:41 PM
I'm not racist but I hate it when people say other people are racist but they act racist. Like the black girls at my school. If a teacher punishes them they say it's because that teacher is racist, yet nothing's wrong when a teacher punishes a white person. And the people don't yell at the black girls when they break the dress code, but if someone else breaks it in the smallest way they get in trouble because if the black girls are yelled at they say they're racist and get very mad (I've seen it for myself). It's so annoying.I agree with you there. It is annoying that they use a word with a huge meaning, to get what they want. They probably don't even know what it means, only an inkling of what it is to be a racist. By what you're saying, I can tell that they're a bunch of racists themselves, for acting the way they are. I dunno if I am racist. It all depends on my mood.

Milly
11-26-2004, 02:43 PM
the way they talk is not them acting black.(i hate that phrase) the way they talk is determined by where they grew up, and who they grew up around. just because somebody uses slang and talks with a getto accent doesnt mean they're acting black.;)
I understand what you are saying.;) for instance, I act smart and say stuff in a smart way, but sometimes I act 'ghetto' when I'm having fun with my family and friends.:D

my_life_sucks
11-26-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm not racist but I hate it when people say other people are racist but they act racist. Like the black girls at my school. If a teacher punishes them they say it's because that teacher is racist, yet nothing's wrong when a teacher punishes a white person. And the people don't yell at the black girls when they break the dress code, but if someone else breaks it in the smallest way they get in trouble because if the black girls are yelled at they say they're racist and get very mad (I've seen it for myself). It's so annoying.

It's happened in school for me too, accept it was just so stupid, the blacks were complaining that the whites were racist and whites were complaining that the blacks were racist. Actually I kind of feel a little bad for the white people because people are always complaining that their racist and always making fun of thier race like saying that whites are so stupid, or that their prepy, or that their trying to act black, you know the white people who actually are ghetto are called wiggers for white nigers, or something like that. If anybody of a different race in my area says that they don't like white people then nobody cares but if a white person says that they don't like blacks or puerto ricans then they get jumped(think the only reason why that is is because if you knock down or make fun of another black or hispanic then they all come running, if you catch my drift, it goes for other people of different races to), and for the rest of their school years they will for ever be looser. I'm not racist I only get in with the people who yell at people if they think there racist and they have good enough reason to think that like in sixth grade we were on a feild trip and they mixed us in with another school that was mainly all whites and a white girl said something like that's how black people are everyboday at my school was pissed and they all went off on her even me, we were all threatened to be sent back home cause we went little over board...

ShadowBlade
11-26-2004, 02:52 PM
It's happened in school for me too, accept it was just so stupid, the blacks were complaining that the whites were racist and whites were complaining that the blacks were racist. Actually I kind of feel a little bad for the white people because people are always complaining that their racist and always making fun of thier race like saying that whites are so stupid, or that their prepy, or that their trying to act black, you know the white people who actually are ghetto are called wiggers for white nigers, or something like that. If anybody of a different race in my area says that they don't like white people then nobody cares but if a white person says that they don't like blacks or puerto ricans then they get jumped(think the only reason why that is is because if you knock down or make fun of another black or hispanic then they all come running, if you catch my drift, it goes for other people of different races to), and for the rest of their school years they will for ever be looser. I'm not racist I only get in with the people who yell at people if they think there racist and they have good enough reason to think that like in sixth grade we were on a feild trip and they mixed us in with another school that was mainly all whites and a white girl said something like that's how black people are everyboday at my school was pissed and they all went off on her even me, we were all threatened to be sent back home cause we went little over board...
i know but i never said that was rite(oh by the way im not black)

Variable_Gunbuster
11-26-2004, 09:54 PM
I think that racist people have got to be some of the most uneducated people I know! How the hell can you ever hate someone just because of their race!!! It boggles the mind, I'm glad that I live in Canada, where we are open to multiculturalism. Sure there are still racist but that's an awful fact the no one can deny. I'm Mexican and damn proud of it.
Only one time of my 22 years of being alive on this earth have I experienced "verbal racism". But things turned out really bad for the guy because I ended up beating the crap out of him infront of his friends. I'm not saying that violence is the way to solve this wretched problem but at that point in time I got so mad that there was no way to stop my anger and I took it out the only way that I knew how.....unfortunately with violence. Everybody judges people (even I do), but judge them by their actions not by how they look like; that's just premature thinking! Well I could talk about how much I hate this subject....but there's no point.....Note: Racism is not a funny topic, it's serious. If someone tells you a racist joke just ignore it, if you laugh then beleive it or not that makes you prejudice which undoubtively leads to racism.:sleep::<_<::(:ooh:

Zedekiah
11-27-2004, 05:17 AM
Hardly. It's in human nature to fear. Albeit, those you really should fear are the educated rascists.. THOSE are dangerous. Xenophobia's more of a defense mechanism from the times of our infant stages bent on instincts :3 (I know, I sound like Dr. Breen. But he pwnz.)

Ollie
11-27-2004, 05:51 PM
I find the situation annoying. I don't like having to be super sensitive about stuff because someone in some corner of the world will get all OH MY UR OFFENSIVE >:[ on me because of it.

seriously, people are always gonna be _somewhat_ racist and _somewhat_ prejudist, so it might be good for people to toughen up a bit and learn how to deal with it without wanting to lay the smackdown on some idiot who doesn't realize what he's saying.

my_life_sucks
11-27-2004, 07:17 PM
I really only go off on someone who says something offensive to any race whenever I'm in the mood, sometimes I just let it slide, but the only time that I actually get pissed off enough to grab some friends or cousins and jump somebody is if they actually say that they hate a certain race, like I hate white or I hates blacks, somthing along the lines of that. I know that I sort of need to control my temper, because I've gotten in trouble for it in the past, but there is something about racism that just really pisses me off and I sort of loose control...

ShadowBlade
11-27-2004, 08:12 PM
its ok if you're playin and the other people know you're playin, but if you're serious you need to be kicked in the genitals or the shin maby both.:computer:

Variable_Gunbuster
11-27-2004, 10:02 PM
its ok if you're playin and the other people know you're playin, but if you're serious you need to be kicked in the genitals or the shin maby both.:computer:please explain....playing? how can you play with such a serious topic? Anyways I also think that people are also scared. The section where my friend lives in there is alot of East Indians (Hindus) and almost everybody who isn't East Indian says something negative about them. I think they feel threatend cuz there is more of them than any other race (only in that section). Like in another section there is more Asian people and nobody says anything about the East Indians there, they DO say something negative about the Asians though (if they aren't Asian themselves). Understand?....anyways this topic is making me feel depressed more than I usually am...so goodbye till next time kiddies.

Pakachu
11-27-2004, 11:27 PM
" its only cuz i'm _______!! "
the blank spot usually filled with your choice of random color.

i love that phrase.
its a great opportunity to say, "no, its cuz you're a F'n IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Pina Colada
11-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Im not racist, and I'm sick of people who are. I get so many people come up to me streching out their eyes trying to look asian then calling me a chink.

Pakachu
11-27-2004, 11:40 PM
well, thats when you stretch your eyes the other way and call em a cracker... or something else that fits the situation. ^_^

Nullpunkt
11-27-2004, 11:48 PM
I detest racism. It is the epitome of ignorance and bias. I would like to make an interesting observation, however... I have noted that in some places, whites are regarded with the same contempt and rude disregard as people of other races. It isn't always blacks, or Asians, or Mexicans... (and by the way, I never use the careless terms for these people) sometimes it is whites as well. I think that sometimes people fail to notice that. Racism is wrong, no matter who it is aimed at. All people are equal, and should be treated as such.

Rick

Pakachu
11-27-2004, 11:54 PM
whew...

got saved from a double post by MegaMan Zero

lyrics from a song called "Everyones a Little Bit Racist".
figured it fit in nicely.

http://http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/a/avenueqlyrics/everyonesalittlebitracistlyrics.html

Havana
11-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Don't you feel bad, when members of your family is racist?..their's no use trying to change the behavior of others..when it comes to ppl saying racist stuff it's maybe the way they were raised by their parents to act like that or something. All in all, i don like racist ppl.

Pina Colada
11-28-2004, 12:43 AM
alot of racism at my school is towards white people, even though they are the majority.
I know alot of Asians with racist parents. My dad used to be that way, but no longer. Personally, I think racism is immature.

gadgetgirl16
11-28-2004, 02:16 AM
thats sick....i know a lot of racist ppl who had parents who where racist....but its weird that their kids dident turn out like them.....im not racist and never EVER will be....there is a lot of racism where i live...i mean a lot of white ppl live here are so racist by the way they talk trash and beat up different ppl from other places....i hate it here....it makes me look bad....

ShadowBlade
11-28-2004, 03:18 AM
please explain....playing? how can you play with such a serious topic? Anyways I also think that people are also scared. The section where my friend lives in there is alot of East Indians (Hindus) and almost everybody who isn't East Indian says something negative about them. I think they feel threatend cuz there is more of them than any other race (only in that section). Like in another section there is more Asian people and nobody says anything about the East Indians there, they DO say something negative about the Asians though (if they aren't Asian themselves). Understand?....anyways this topic is making me feel depressed more than I usually am...so goodbye till next time kiddies.yo i have many black friends and we joke about racial bull all the time but we dont get pissed because we know we are just playin wit each other and not being seriously disrespectful. thats what i mean by playin...smart :mad: :badrazz: try'n make me look bad

Silver Ori-Kun
12-01-2004, 05:43 AM
ok..
I have a teacher who is racist against German's, btw, Viva la revolucion!
Anyway, yeah, so I'm part German, I have to take a lot of crap from that
My math teacher is racist against Hispanic people, me again...
All I'm waiting for is a racist teacher against French people to complete the list :<_<:
But I am NOT racist..and yeah, well you can't really say that there are people wo act black, because that's just a stupid stereotype...Not all black people are like home g gangstas and stuff....
I love people from everywhere but where I am :<_<:
That's Australia if nobody knows

Mecha-Griever
12-01-2004, 08:44 AM
Well in response to what was said earlier... If people do in fact talk "ghetto" or whatever you want to call it, seeing as it were people of the black persuasion who instigated it, surely that in turn is speaking like a black person? I don't personally like it when people speak a certain way just because they believe it to be 'popular' or 'hip' or whatever.. I mean, just look at that guy who used to be in N sync who dated Britney Spears, he seriously thinks he's from the ghetto the way he talks! Its almost funny.. And I do emphasize the 'almost'.

I think segregation is still strong in American in some places, and I don't mean to be mean or anything, but generally it applies in the southern states. And it is certainly not simply a matter of blacks disliking whites as someone mentioned earlier, but rather a two way street.

I don't think everything can be brought down to Xenophobia, although that would be the philosophical interpretation, if not the Michael Moore interpretation (Bowling for Columbine anyone?) Alot of the time it is the peer pressur, and whilst I have never been victim of racial abuse, I know various 'abusers' shall we say. Their reasoning whenever asked is always devoid of logic, and devoid of philosophical reasoning, so I suppose philosophy and any poetic way of adjudging the situation is rendered useless.

Any Europeans among us? Well, the spanish football fans (soccer to the American contingent) making 'monkey' noises at the black English players in a recent match was ridiculous. Many of these players were still kids in a way, and to have 10's of thousands of people making those kind of noises at you is inhumane. A few days later, these same fans made Hitler salutes at the Germans who came to play there the next week. I don't know what to say other than there are some idiots in the world who find it a great comedy to be discriminate, and they're not only spanish. They exist everywhere, and that makes the world a difficult place to be associated with at times.

M~G

Silver Ori-Kun
12-01-2004, 08:48 AM
I understand that completely
I just try to ignore it and be nice I guess
And I'm Spanish as I mentioned earlier...not as if I'm gonna be held responsible for any disrespect any other idiots may have displayed, I'm me, that's all
Don't single people out because of what they are, if you do that, well do it for who they are...

Mecha-Griever
12-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Yes I agree entirely. As I was saying, its not only the spaniards, or Americans etc. etc. who are racist, but rather a fraction of the world which is too large for my liking.

M~G

Silver Ori-Kun
12-01-2004, 08:54 AM
I hope you didn't get me wrong, that was just my view, but I agree with you 100%
It's whoever in the world that divided themselves in the first place that have made this 'racial conflict' kind of thing
Don't come complaining when someone treats you bad..
Just be normal, yourself, not some crazy patriot who's like mad about whatever his/her race is...
Sheesh....fact is, we're all human whether we like it or not

Mecha-Griever
12-01-2004, 09:02 AM
*laughs* Its okay, I know you weren't implying anything. ^_~

Yes we are all human, its just a shame that in being human, racism and prejudice is a necessary attribute when it should be the attribute of inhumanity in my opinion.

M~G

Silver Ori-Kun
12-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Well I guess that since humanity in general has tarnished it's reputation, it's only human to say that any imperfection is in fact of human origin

galdon
12-01-2004, 11:36 AM
what i dont get is mentioning a constant trend is considered "racist" such as, nearly all the black females in my school interupt them selfs while talking and repeat a sentance up to 4 times, however if anyone mentions the fact it is "racist".

it doesnt make sence to me because the fact is that that was how they are brought up that makes them that way, the way they look doesnt make a difference, an asian will act like an asian because there parents taught them that way.

and therefor it is not race but culture that is truely discriminated, it just happens that people tend to appear similar to others of their origin, and carry there cultures from the same origin.

my_life_sucks
12-01-2004, 12:37 PM
There's this really sad story that I never really told you before, well you how people are sort of racist against people from the middle east (can't think of the names right now) well I guess there wer two brothers who owned a store neary where I lived, well some people killed one of the brothers and then a couple months later they killed the other brother just because of their race, I think that's how the story goes I don't know my teacher told me. Oh I remember when I was in the 7th grade somebody started calling me afgan, and they always got away with it because I lost them in the crowd, that stupid , thats not even funny, I'm hispanic, people use to say things racist to me but that's normal, but that was one of the worst prejudice things people have ever called me, I'm mean look at those poor people over there suffering, I mean the innocent people from that country who haven't done anything wrong, how the hell does a person go around calling people afgan as if it's some funny game, it pisses me off just thinking about it.

Silver Ori-Kun
12-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Good point Galdon
There's so much I could mention...just I dont know how..
I'm glad you could word it right

sliver
12-01-2004, 01:59 PM
RAcism was created so that a group could control power over small minded people(at least in my view)so if all of you would just stop thinking that what you or she said something racist,because in reality it only becomes racist when you think it is>

Pakachu
12-01-2004, 07:19 PM
damnit silver!!!!
quit being such a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alyssa
12-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Hm... uh... yeah - silver, that didn't make much sense.

Even though I am totally against racism, I also find it an issue nonetheless overlooked from the general public, too many times to call. And the funny thing is not many people care, anyways - since they do fall under the "majority." No matter where people go, many will be made fun of by their skin, the way they dress, their native cultures. or how they talk. I just frankly don't care what nation the person comes from - as long as the person is nice and has a great deal of good personalities and a wonderful sense of humor to boot, they don't deserve to fall under even the slightest general category of racism in my books. Racism is double T - bad. And just because you are chinese or indian doesn't mean you fall into the general stereotypes of cat-eating peeps and air-heads all around the world. That's sadly a mistake in their parts - so blind... When will they ever learn? **Shakes her head in disappointment**

Fabala
12-02-2004, 06:21 PM
I don't think people realize that there are problems when there's a minority anywhere, whether they're a minority in the general population's sense or not.

Zedekiah
12-02-2004, 06:29 PM
RAcism was created so that a group could control power over small minded people(at least in my view)
Amazing, I salute your grand lack of intelligence.

You just stated one of the biggest contradictions I've ever seen.

First of all, there's no way to say that racism was created. It's an instinct, more or less. Like a stray dog might be scared and hostile towards a man walking by.. Does that make the dog a.. racist? Because it doesn't get along with the stranger? No. It's Xenophobia. And Xenophobia's caused by lack of knowledge. You don't fear someone you know, someone you're familiar with and you truly understand.

So if what you say is true, that racism was "created"(I just love how you managed to put things up so badly) to control "small minded people".. Well, does that mean they created something to control themselves with without knowing so? It's funny. And I still can't think of any better way to put this than... Say, a dog chasing its tail in belief that it's an evil thing trying to harm itself.

Though in this case, the dog is the smartest one out of the two of you..

And one more thing.. Your name.. Do you mean Silver as in the metal or Sliver as in a small fraction?

Queen-of-Mars
12-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Racism was not developed to control small-minded people. That is what we call power and authority. Anyway, how many of you have actually come across a racist person? For me, its only been a single idiot in chat, which I did ban on site for two weeks after his comments. I was suspended, but it was something I could understand from that point of view, although not from my own considering it was against ME. Anyway, I never did forgive him, and I maintain to this day if I EVER see him in my city(which won't happen), I will beat him senseless, then go drop him in Mexico so he can make all his comments there and be torn to shreds. =)

I suppose since i'm somewhat light-skinned, that tends to help..as well as living in a city where the hispanic population is at 80%.

Zedekiah
12-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Well, true. But don't fall into the same thing as Figo.. You're just a rascist-rascist that way -.-

Queen-of-Mars
12-02-2004, 06:37 PM
A racist-racist? O.o

Zedekiah
12-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Like I said to Figo. A hater-hater. There's no difference in the first place -.0

But then again, if you admit you're no better than them, I won't oblige :)

I love honesty. Even if "evil"

Queen-of-Mars
12-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Ah, I figured it would be that. Here's how I see it. I hate what the person may so or do, and I may not figure them for those actions, but they're still a human being. They have rights, and free speech is one of them. HOWEVER, there are morals a person should follow, even if they allow their anger to get the best of them, which is really what happened to me. I don't hate all people who are racist, because not all people say what they feel. I dislike those who come out and cause harm and hatred acts like the KKK.

Zedekiah
12-02-2004, 06:44 PM
I agree as much as I could possibly agree.

But then again, if you formed something like.. FFF (whatever, I just came up with something to act as the "good" KKK) to hunt down all KKK and act just as they do, only towards them.. THEN we're talking about what I'm onto.

Queen-of-Mars
12-02-2004, 06:46 PM
I understand. That would be extremely hypocritical of a person to form their own faction to take out another racist group. Basically, its just you going in circles with eachother, accusing eachother of the same thing, both thinking you're the one that is right in the situation.

Zedekiah
12-02-2004, 06:48 PM
I understand. That would be extremely hypocritical of a person to form their own faction to take out another racist group. Basically, its just you going in circles with eachother, accusing eachother of the same thing, both thinking you're the one that is right in the situation.

Everyone, I hereby claim this woman to be the first to actually realize WHAT THE FFFF I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

Would you accept this petty boy's wish of making the world a better place by granting my proposal of marriage to shine the light on others in hope of that they someday will understand?

Queen-of-Mars
12-02-2004, 06:54 PM
LOL. XD I have a feeling you and I will get along perfectly well and have some GREAT arguments.

As for your question, sure. >)

Inuyashayoukai2
12-02-2004, 06:56 PM
umm i know alot of pple that r racist's i aint one hehe

Zedekiah
12-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Mhm, though how we'll get a tiny tootsie wedding dress will be a tough task indeed.

Meanwhile, let's convert even more into objective and realistic thinking :3

Queen-of-Mars
12-02-2004, 06:58 PM
;-; I Am Not Short!

Zedekiah
12-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Full Metal Alchemist flash backs here :3

No worries, that way we can save the fee of two tickets when we're on our honey moon. I'll just stuff you into the suitcase :D

Queen-of-Mars
12-02-2004, 07:18 PM
>< ::Face fault::

>.> I'm gonna stuff you...

Zedekiah
12-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Hm, I think I better wear knee-pads.

You might pose a threat to my knees, after all :3

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 03:13 AM
OMIGOD no!
See people...this is when I am not in fact a racist, but when I dislike or hate someone for who they are or what they say
You're not gonna tell me you're the Sliver that harassed me in that FFB forum are you?
Grrrrr......

Zedekiah
12-03-2004, 07:13 AM

Damn, you figured it out.

Silver Ori-Kun
12-03-2004, 07:18 AM
lol
Well we'll never know
But if it is, this is Genesis, and I'll kick your stupid butt again if you try to do what you did in that forum
One mention of calling me a post ***** and you're dead

ok..those stars are a bad word he called me..so I appreciate not getting a warning every damn time...
Fine, we'll say a post 'prostitute' if that makes anyone feel better
If it's not racism, it's war..such is our nature..or at least mine

FarEastStyle
05-06-2006, 07:29 PM
A discussion on racism, cause we seem to want to talk about it.

I think that ppl are just a little too sensitive and look to far into things. just because it comes out sounding racist doesnt mean it was intended to be that way. If we can turn racism into something to laugh at im sure no one would be offended. I make jokes all the time about racism Im not sensitive to race topics, Im about 5 or 6 different races, its really dumb for someone to let that get them bother.

Fetal Fetish
05-06-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm not rascist, since I'm a victim myself. But I think it's just wrong. No culture is inferior to another, no matter what.

My parent's mostly my mom..even though she's not rasicts, she makes racist comments anywayz..and she denies being racist. She also thinks that asians are cheap or something, but that's what she she thinks though, and i'm never racist.
o_O What?! I'm Asian! That's mean...And to hear that coming from an adult..

saskie
05-06-2006, 07:42 PM
:D I just love this carton because it's so true.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/racismguy.gif