PDA

View Full Version : Rammstein

SesshoumaruOtaku
11-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I didn't see a thread dedicated to my favorite group, Rammstein--an injustice that must be put right ;)

For those of you who don't know of them, they are a German Heavy Metal group and have been around for about 10 years (going by release of their first album).

They have 4 albums out to date:
Herzeleid (Heartache) - 1995
Sehnsucht (Longing) - 1997
Mutter (Mother) - 2001
Reise, Reise (Arise, Arise) - 2004

3 Music DVD's
Lichtspielhaus (a collection of music videos)
Live aus Berlin (duh, a live concert)
Family Values Tour '98 (where they toured the US with other bands)

If you've watched XXX or the Matrix, you have definatly heard some of their music.

If you know of them, great! Talk about anything, and everything Rammstein.

For more info on the group go here to their official site (has a nice forum too -- my nick is Naraku's Dark Soul--)

http://herzeleid.com

And yes, they do sing in German with the exception of a few english songs (Stripped and some others).

---

I love all of their songs, with the possible exception of Nebel--too soft for my taste.

My favorite songs are:
From Mutter:
Zwitter
Adios
Freur Frei!
Sonne
Mein Herz Brennt

From Reise, Reise:
Moskau
Keine Lust
Mein Teil
Reise, Reise
Dalai Lama
Amerika
Morgenstern

I guess this is a long post ^^* . I just have a lot to say about them ^_^

My favorite music videos are:
Du Reich So Gut '98 (they looked hot in '95 but it was too simple for my taste)
Sonne
Mein Teil
Amerika
Stripped

Well, have at it! Let the madness begin ^_~ .

inuyasha-sakura
11-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Hey..sounds familiar think ive heard of it from some of my fwendz, they say its great!!
hope i cud listen to some of der songs..^_^

SesshoumaruOtaku
11-25-2004, 01:18 AM
You should, they really are a good group ^_^ .

You can see several of their music videos (Amerika and Mein Teil) at this site.

http://www.musicremedy.com/audio/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowAudios&ArtistId=124

I recommend Amerika for the younger viewers... and Mein Teil for those old enough. ^_~

Metaldork
11-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Rammstein ist kuhl! KEEP METAL ALIVE!

En Svensk Tiger
11-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Rammstein ist kuhl! KEEP METAL ALIVE!
You know, I really like Rammstein..but comments like that makes me reluctant of posting that I do...

Rammstein, great band....Du Hast is a pure classic...

Zedekiah
11-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Great band with good music, albeit, disordered in the general point of view and liked out of the wrong reaons by many :3

_hades the wicked
11-25-2004, 09:58 AM
I like the Links 2-3-4 video. The ants' rebelion is cool XD

Daenerys
11-25-2004, 05:16 PM
I saw the music video to Amerika the other day, it was weird. Catchy song though.

sjøpølse
11-25-2004, 06:14 PM
Do any of you have actually taken a look at what they say? I assume very few of you speak german and you come here and claim to like them. Wrong reasons, indeed.

Daenerys
11-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Can you ever make a post without insulting someone? Honestly, people don't need to understand the language to like the music. I know a lot of people overseas who don't know what Christina Aguliera is singing about, but they like the tune and the way her voice sounds.

That's enough, honestly.

sjøpølse
11-25-2004, 06:34 PM
But I wasn't insulting anyone and I agree you don't need to understand the music to like the music. I should have written "generally loved for wrong reasons". But I have that intuition that this liking might be tempered if the lyrics were understood. Then again, I might be wrong. Just, I can already see a bunch of pseudo-punks chanting they love Rammstein because it's loud and hard and they shout, so obviously, it has to be good. And I am not necessarily pointing at you in my posts just because my reply comes next to yours.
cadeau (http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics)

Innotech
11-25-2004, 07:29 PM
I love that style of playing Guitar. It sounds so badass. MY favorite song (and one of the only ones I know from them) is engel.

Myrra
11-25-2004, 10:23 PM
But I wasn't insulting anyone and I agree you don't need to understand the music to like the music. I should have written "generally loved for wrong reasons". But I have that intuition that this liking might be tempered if the lyrics were understood. Then again, I might be wrong.
For once..you have said something of use. While I do not listen to Rammstein, I do speak a bit of German and if necessary am capable of translating it...though that does take me time. I do appreciate the link that you included. I personally prefer to know what is being said. It is very helpful. Thank you.

*Nosferatu-Adore
11-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Rammstein sounds good... I've heard of it only from my bro, and he hasn't played much of it....

Zedekiah
11-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Haha, having fun, Ms. B.? I couldn't agree with you more, though. Most of their fans "love" them due to their "heavy and dark" nature. Whilest only a small fraction of these actually even know what their lyrics are all about :3

Pakachu
11-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Engel.
my introduction to the group.
been in love ever since.

p.s.
thanx for the link scrambled!

SesshoumaruOtaku
11-28-2004, 08:32 PM
But I wasn't insulting anyone and I agree you don't need to understand the music to like the music. I should have written "generally loved for wrong reasons". But I have that intuition that this liking might be tempered if the lyrics were understood. Then again, I might be wrong. Just, I can already see a bunch of pseudo-punks chanting they love Rammstein because it's loud and hard and they shout, so obviously, it has to be good. And I am not necessarily pointing at you in my posts just because my reply comes next to yours.
cadeau

Hi eveyone, just got access to my computer after the holidays (I was away ^_^ ).

And yes I do know what the lyrics mean. I have looked up and printed out all the lyrics for every Rammstein song I have ever listened to.

I first heard of Rammstein through my friend. I heard one of their songs while over at his house and really liked them. He burned me a CD of everything he had by them, and I really really liked them, so I did some research. I found the main site and looked up everything I could find about Rammstein. Everything I found out only made me like them more. As a result I bought Mutter, and loved that CD to death. I then got Lichtspielhaus, and have watched those videos over and over and over. Lastly, I just got Reise Reise a few days after it came out and have been listening to it ever since. In fact, I'm listening to it right now (Keine Lust ;P ).

The funny thing about this whole story is that my friend had no idea what the lyrics meant, so when I told him he totally flipped out (lmao, it was hilarious). He listens to a lot of j-pop and other stuff (as do I), and never looks up the lyrics for anything. I'm a relatively smart monkey, so I do.

I can see where you would think some people wouldn't and would just like the band based on how they sound. I personally love every aspect of the group. I liked them before, when I didn't know a thing, and I like them now when I know a lot more.

The lyrics are fine tho, really, Zwitter is awesome! =P

-_-; Long post, sorry!

Wolfwood
11-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Rammstein are the best, i'm waiting for them to tour around my area. there music is great and there pyro's, i've got some images of them on stage lighting lots of things on fire, including themself.

Silver Ori-Kun
11-29-2004, 12:31 AM
http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/201721/Randomness/logo.jpg
Yes!
Rammstein are the best!
My fave song atm, Mein Hertz Brent...oh man that song is so good....
oooo, like, I think this link of mine might work if you want this song....

Ah godammit...forget about it...doesn't work:(

SesshoumaruOtaku
11-29-2004, 09:39 PM
I love that song too! It has a great beat, and the lyrics are cool too. It's a shame they didn't make a music video of that one.

I want to get the T-shirt for it soooo bad. It's really cool. On the front it has a burning heart, and on the back it says Mein Herz Brennt.

Silver Ori-Kun
11-30-2004, 12:59 AM
You gotta love the tune near the end right?

Man..I loved the song to begin, but when I completed the download, woh..
That part rocked me

Annik
11-30-2004, 05:08 PM
The radio played Du Hast.

Then I heard "Engel" from the MKA soundtrack.

THEN. I was listening to a CD... Wasn't quite the soundtrack to RE, more like "music inspired by the motion picture" and I realized one of the songs was by them.

So... I downloaded stuff. End of story.

No! Wait! Iwasattackedbyeskimosintights.

Done.

SesshoumaruOtaku
11-30-2004, 09:23 PM
You gotta love the tune near the end right?

Man..I loved the song to begin, but when I completed the download, woh..
That part rocked me

Yeah, that part is great! ^_^

Everyone here who likes Engel, have you actually seen the music video for it? I personally don't like that one at all. I've seen all their music vidoes, and I like all of them except for that one, even Mein Teil, heck, especially Mein Teil. And yes I do like the song, just not the video. ^_~

Silver Ori-Kun
11-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Man....to be honest...I was spooked as hell upon seeing that clip
Yeah, I was watching a Rage here, and they put on Mein Teil...
I was like...W T F
It looked like the guy was 'screwing' a chicken, man.....
Then I kinda figured in means 'You are what you eat"
so like...yeah..they were eating eachother or something ~_^
I'm not really into Rammstein's clips...
Du Hast was a little strange....

SesshoumaruOtaku
11-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Actually, it was an angel. Yep, an angel * Till. Whoops! Am I allowed to say that? O well...^^;

The first time I watched that video I thought it was very dark and disturbing, but now I love it. I guess I'm jaded... I especially like when they get walked across the street...lmao! The screaming part is cool too. Overall, it is a perfectly made video, it fits the song very well.

Denn du bist was du isst
und ihr wisst was es ist

'Tis true!

And it all fits seeing as the song and video are about cannibalism...

*Nope...not allowed!

Silver Ori-Kun
11-30-2004, 10:19 PM
That song was made for the new RE Apocalypse movie...
So you'd understand why it would be about cannibalism
Oh man..that's wrong...about the angel and Till thing...

(You think you could give me all the band member's names?)

SesshoumaruOtaku
12-01-2004, 06:47 AM
Sure thing ^_^ It is a 6 member group. And of course you can find out more about them at their main site.

http://herzeleid.com/en/band

Guitars: Richard Z. Kruspe-Bernstein

Vocals: Till Lindemann

Drums: Christoph Doom Schneider

Bass: Oliver Riedel

Guitars: Paul Landers

Keyboards: Christian "Flake" Lorenz

And here is a nice pic of the group for your enjoyment. It is with the "Sonne" theme.

Silver Ori-Kun
12-01-2004, 06:52 AM
Wow man...thanks a lot
Everytime I talk to my friends about Rammstein, I always have to say "The lead singer dude" or something
Thanks a lot for that!

SesshoumaruOtaku
12-02-2004, 07:45 PM
No problem ^_^

How did you come to know of them btw?

souless cowboy
12-04-2004, 08:43 PM
dude i love this band, i have only heard like maybe 5 of thier songs but i mean their beat is so frikin awesome and i know this is really stupid to say but the name is awesome too. Rammstien i want their new cd like bad man

SesshoumaruOtaku
12-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Yes, they are awesome. Beat, lyrics, style, and everything else. ^_~

Poohnella
12-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Well, I have a song that I downloaded from Kazaa Lite and it says that its supposed to be Rammstein singing the Barbie Girl song!!!!!

Janus Silverlock
12-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Rammstein is one of my all time favorite bands, I love their songs... especially Engel, and Der Meister... those are good... and I really like the song Mutter, it's very emotional... it's awesome. but my all time favorite rammstein song of all time, is SONNE! you should try to download the music video. it rocks. later.

SesshoumaruOtaku
12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, I have a song that I downloaded from Kazaa Lite and it says that its supposed to be Rammstein singing the Barbie Girl song!!!!!

Hmmmm...I've never heard of that one o.0 It would be strange indeed.

Rammstein is one of my all time favorite bands, I love their songs... especially Engel, and Der Meister... those are good... and I really like the song Mutter, it's very emotional... it's awesome. but my all time favorite rammstein song of all time, is SONNE! you should try to download the music video. it rocks. later.

Mutter is cool. Have you seen the video for it? Strange, but cool.

I like the song Sonne, but my alltime favorite song is and always will be Zwitter. I love it!

Yep, I've seen all of their music videos thanks to Lichtspielhaus and the net. Sonne is definetly among my top favorite videos, but my vote goes to Du Reicht So Gut '98 (flickering red eyes and wolves popping out of Till, who could beat that? )

Janus Silverlock
12-23-2004, 06:57 AM
Hmm... wolves coming out of him? maybe I'll have to buy lichtspielhaus... yeah I might just have to do that... yeah actually I was trying to think of that song, zwitter, that's definitely my favorite song on mutter... I really need to get reise reise. later.

Gil
12-23-2004, 09:50 AM
My favorite song is Adios...

Poohnella
12-23-2004, 10:47 AM
I like three of their songs:
*Du Hast
*Sonne
*Muttr

SesshoumaruOtaku
12-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Hmm... wolves coming out of him? maybe I'll have to buy lichtspielhaus... yeah I might just have to do that... yeah actually I was trying to think of that song, zwitter, that's definitely my favorite song on mutter... I really need to get reise reise. later.
I thought you said Sonne was your favorite? That is on the Mutter album as well as Zwitter<--my fave.

Yes, you should invest in Lichspielhaus and Live Aus Berlin as well. Both are great and have provided me with many hours of entertainment.

Yeah, the other band members are wolves and pop out of Till during one scene. It is really cool.