PDA

View Full Version : Random

Kittie Pryde
11-24-2004, 09:11 PM
A cold gust of wind nipping at your nose. The scent of cinnamon apple lurking at every corner. Ah! It's winter time again.. As you enter into the world of hot cocoa by the fireplace, old-time favorite stories with Granny and Gramps, and "Bing Crosby: Christmas Special" songs playing in the background, something begins to tug at the back of your mind. . . something.

Is it me or do you just feel a bit lonely during the holidays? (Speaking for the singles out there)

Don't get me wrong. I love my family and friends, and I do enjoy being with them..but from my past experience with having a significant other during the holidays, you begin to miss what you had. Drinking egg-nogg by yourself just isn't the same, nor is shopping Christmas presents.

I don't know. I look at other couples and it makes me wish I had someone. Oh if Santa could bring my present a little earlier..:cool: that would be fabulous!

I don't know. Just a thought.

Karel
11-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Alone through the years and bitter cold winters that blow old memories.

I'm pretty much use to it, though some times the memories do seem alot colder. But things hopefully get better.

Milly
11-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Ahhh.....'tis touching, Kitty. I enjoy being around my friends and family and it's fun we had our christmas party last year, but I always wondered what it would be like if I had a b/f there and stuff. It sounds pretty romantic ^^.

And this "prozak" that somebody said b4, is not what I use. Heck, I'm not even on meds! Besides, there is nothing wrong with having someone special on Christmas.:)

ShadowBlade
11-24-2004, 10:57 PM
holy crap does everyone on this forum need prozak.:eek:

Vua
11-24-2004, 10:57 PM
I dont mean to be rude but, if you really want that "present" theres things you can do. You donot seem like a bad person, andyou posted your pic; your veryy pretty. You wouldnt have any trouble.

I always enjoy the holidays no matte what. Its the only time i have to spend with my family. And this christmas will probably be the last one i have with my grandmother. But it will still be a good christmas.

Christmas is followed by new years, and with a new year, new experiences. Trade in the past for the future.

im starting to regret typing this ><
This post might be DRASTICALY edited ><

Kittie Pryde
11-24-2004, 11:01 PM
I dont mean to be rude but, if you really want that "present" theres things you can do. You donot seem like a bad person, andyou posted your pic; your veryy pretty. You wouldnt have any trouble.

I always enjoy the holidays no matte what. Its the only time i have to spend with my family. And this christmas will probably be the last one i have with my grandmother. But it will still be a good christmas.

Christmas is followed by new years, and with a new year, new experiences. Trade in the past for the future.

im starting to regret typing this ><
This post might be DRASTICALY edited ><I agree with you whole-heartedly. There are things that you can do, but it's not that easy if you have strict asian parents like mine. I mean, they're pretty linient compared to others, but still strict.

=/ It was just a thought.

Vua
11-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Same deal herez. at least you can date. I dont think ill be able to until i graduate highschool><

ShadowBlade
11-24-2004, 11:07 PM
whatyou mean strict. your parents racist or somthin?:huh:

Queen-of-Mars
11-24-2004, 11:09 PM
I love the holidays when they're on their way, but I end up being all depressed when I have nobody(other than family, most of which I don't even WANT to see) to spend it with.

Vua
11-24-2004, 11:10 PM
I got jumped. and if you dont like your family QoM, then i have no idea what to do.....

whatyou mean strict. your parents racist or somthin?:huh:

Im not sure who thats aimed at but my parent are racist. and it bugs me. its really annoying to hear what they say. and they get kinda mad when i have friends come over and their not asian. and then they scream at them and make them use chopsticks >< they dont even make me use them, they just want to see them try

ShadowBlade
11-24-2004, 11:29 PM
d00d thats stupid. i...bah forget it:mad:

Vua
11-24-2004, 11:32 PM
its them not me. I personally tell my friends not to come over anymore. My mom isnt really racist. its mostly my dad.

Kittie Pryde
11-25-2004, 12:02 AM
My family isn't racist at all. I think you should look up the word "strict" on Webster's Dictionary to have a clear definition for its meaning.

Vua, you should do what I do. It's kind of bad, I know..but maybe it'll work for you! I dated my ex behind my parents' backs, because I was too afraid that they'll never let me see another single soul (male OR female). My mom would always tease me about it, until one day, I told her that I did have a boyfriend (we were "broken up" at the time), and she was baffled. My mom is really cool and nice, and she knew deep inside that she couldn't stop me from dating guys, because it is inevitable. My dad, however, concurred.

But..they settled their differences and accepted him. So. I think you should have a talk to your parents about it. But don't "whine" to them. Talk to them in a very mature way (bring a chart if you have to ;) ;) ) and I'm sure ONE of them will "think" about it. I bet you five bucks that they couldn't get their hands off the other gender when they were young too!!

Milly
11-25-2004, 12:04 AM
It just makes me wonder why there are still ppl out there who are still racist and they can't see beyond the color and see what's inside.

oh man....o.O. My phliosophy is trying to kick in! ><;. lol.

Vua
11-25-2004, 12:05 AM
My mom grew up in Viet Nam, and that was not the case. My dad grew up in Michigan in a strict Catholic family.

My mom would let me, but my dad wouldnt. And frankly, im afraid to bring it up because my dada tends to get angry easily.

But were OT.

so.......
Dont be lonely on the holidays. There is always someone who loves you

Havana
11-25-2004, 12:06 AM
i love christmas..because i have dinner and stuff we my family..and i have a huge family..and we have two seperate dinner parties, we do the sleepover thing as well, and instead of the usual giving presents, we do something different like were doing secret santa this year..with the stuff we want on our list.

Kittie Pryde
11-25-2004, 12:07 AM
It just makes me wonder why there are still ppl out there who are still racist and they can't see beyond the color and see what's inside.

oh man....o.O. My phliosophy is trying to kick in! ><;. lol.In my opinion, it's either (A) too much ignorance and pride *OR* (B) lack of education *AND/OR* both.

Racism will never completely diminish itself..maybe it'll settle down to a minimum, but I highly doubt it'll go away. Well..unless it's like a gazillion years from now.

//

My topic wasn't really mainly focused on "holidays". It was the loneliness that comes with it, but my topic title is "Random"..so I guess this is just a random thought thread that processes itself with the flow of the conversation.

XD I have ADD in convos.

robofighter
11-25-2004, 12:08 AM
awwww kittie!:( ( hugs) i fell bad for u! you should have your self A merry ltttle cristmis! i have to spend crist miss knowing that my ex has a new BF.... but that's a differnt story. it's ok though don't fell said!:D

Kittie Pryde
11-25-2004, 12:11 AM
awwww kittie!:( ( hugs) i fell bad for u! you should have your self A merry ltttle cristmis! i have to spend crist miss knowing that my ex has a new BF.... but that's a differnt story. it's ok though don't fell said!:D:lol: don't feel bad for me child! silly :p i'm don't feel *that* alone. it's just the thought that tugs now and then.

btw, that song is depressing. lol. =/ so depressing that did you know they had to change the lyrics when it was created for Meet Me In St. Louis b/c the directors thought it was too sad?

and im sorry about your ex.

:D well im glad to know that i have TM.com people here for Christmas ;];] riight guys? right? *nudge nudge*

Milly
11-25-2004, 12:14 AM
My topic wasn't really mainly focused on "holidays". It was the loneliness that comes with it, but my topic title is "Random"..so I guess this is just a random thought thread that processes itself with the flow of the conversation.

XD I have ADD in convos.

Oh, I just had to talk about the racism thing because that really aggravates me, considering that I am black and I have this person who rides my bus. Can you believe he called my one friend the 'n' word?!!!:eek: But that's all right cuz a couple of my friends and my little sister are going over his house and "talk" to him later:laugh:.

Okay, back on topic. Just remember, ppl. You might feel like there is nobody out there for you to spend your Christmas with, but remember you always got friends and family there to love and have fun with:) .;)

Princess Mononoke
11-25-2004, 12:33 AM
If your alone on christmas just remember that we're your friends too! (I'm a dork and I'll be posting on christmas) ^^

Vua
11-25-2004, 12:35 AM
><
Ill try to log on during christmas, I doubt ill remeber to. I havent seen my cousin in 3 years. I miss her so T.T

but shes coming donw for christmas!! So Happy ^^

Kittie Pryde
11-25-2004, 12:39 AM
If your alone on christmas just remember that we're your friends too! (I'm a dork and I'll be posting on christmas) ^^:D we can have our own Christmas celebration! i can see it all now..

we'll have a big table and a turkey jpeg image will be set in the middle (courtesy of E-Bay) with yams (Google) and lots of mash potatoes (CNN)! XD

it'll be magical since it's the internet. woohoo. i'll be "flying" in on Christmas with my new jet wings that Santa Claus (&copy;santa.com) will bring me.

Milly
11-25-2004, 12:41 AM
I'll be there to do some cheering. Yay! :)

Fabala
11-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Indeed =/ The holidays are the loneliest time of the year...with the highest reported suicides/suicide attempts, from what I've read.

I think so much stress is placed on people to be with family and loved ones, that those who have lost and/or don't have either feel that gap twice as deeply. Sad.

Pakachu
11-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah, i'll probably be here too^_^()

ShadowBlade
11-25-2004, 06:14 PM
My family isn't racist at all. I think you should look up the word "strict" on Webster's Dictionary to have a clear definition for its meaning.

its not the word you used its the context in wich you used it.;)

Kittie Pryde
11-25-2004, 10:53 PM
its not the word you used its the context in wich you used it.;)In what context did I display that made it seem like my family was racist? o_O

But for those who need elaboration, strict as in limitations on going outside and having a social life. Nothing to do with race, thank you very much.

ShadowBlade
11-26-2004, 02:48 PM
strict twards who you hung out with is what is sounded like to me. but its all good