PDA

View Full Version : Theory - Roaches stay alive .....

Kyo Kusanagi
11-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Okay, this topic is not for those who get weak at the thought of killing roaches. You've been warned!

Turn away now!

Alright. This is what happened. A few days ago, I killed a roach with raid. It flopped over on its back, flapped its legs a bit, then stopped moving. I -hate- cleaning up the roaches since I'm paranoid that they're just playing dead, so I usually let my mom throw it away. She doesn't. A few days pass and its still there. Now, I forget about its presence, and step on it with my socks. I immediately realize what happened, and fling my foot forward a few times to flick it off. And then .....

Upon hitting the floor, it moves TOWARDS me! A full ten steps! I jumped to my chair for safety, curled up in it. It heads directly under the chair, and away from my view. I take a peek, and its directly underneath the chair. I tell others on AIM of what happened, and they tell me to make sure its dead for sure. I grab a broom and get ready to make sure this situation is resolved.

Its gone. Nowhere in sight! Looks like it got away. I'm extremely paranoid now. My question ..... do you think that it was playing dead? Or do they have a secret life like cats have nine lives?

Comfort me. :(

Daenerys
11-23-2004, 12:47 AM
WHAT IN THE SAM HELL! O_O;;;;;;

Maybe it's used to raid?[U]

Queen-of-Mars
11-23-2004, 12:47 AM
::Loves on Gokou:: Wow...that sucks. x_X That's never happened to me before so I don't really know. Supposidly roaches can withstand a nuke blast, so unless Raid has some HIGHLY poisonous stuff in it, it is possible if that rumor is true. o.O Poor guy..i'd hate to step on any bug with only socks on whether it be dead OR alive. I hope it just leaves you alone!

Ollie
11-23-2004, 01:00 AM
aren't cockroaches capable of surviving nuclear wars or something?

'cause if that's true, I don't think Raid will do a whole lot. XD

Elfy
11-23-2004, 01:26 AM
roaches have been around since the dinosaur times...I don't think they're going away soon

Princess Mononoke
11-23-2004, 01:27 AM
lol they are immune to everything ^^

WarGoddess_Nova
11-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Roaches are cool. they make funny crunching noises when you step on them. The only thing I don't like about them is that if they are in your house, people think that your a slob.

SaceGolem2
11-23-2004, 01:58 AM
Raid you say? You couldn't have got it right. Either that or its a waterbug. (huge roaches) They might be able to survive nuke blasts, but not a can of raid to the face.