PDA

View Full Version : who like METALLICA??

Grand Master Ohanshi
11-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Who here like the Greatest heavy metal band ever METALLICA??

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Old Metallica is okay.

New Metallica sucks. They either need to get back on the drugs or quit making music.

Metaldork
11-18-2004, 06:52 PM
METALLICA IS THE ULTIMATE METAL BAND! (Roars in his heavy metal voice) YYAAAAAAHHHHRRRRGGHHHH

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 06:59 PM
..WHY are they the ultimate band? Can you even give a good reason? What? No? You can't?

Metaldork
11-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Whats the matter with you? They're the ultimate band because they are metal freakin legends.

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 07:17 PM
You are being so moronic. Why are they legends?

Just because they're legends doesn't mean that they don't suck. Look at Ozzy. He sucks by himself. Look at Justin Timberlake. He sucks without the rest of the team.

You can't make millions in a band, and change the way you do business and expect to still rule. They don't anymore. They're wash-outs.

_hades the wicked
11-18-2004, 07:23 PM
First: Metallica is NOT a heavy metal band... Old Metallica is THRASH metal, new Metallica is nu metal...
Second: Metallica USED to be really an awesome band. They used to be my favorite band, til they released St. Anger... St. Anger sucks, and whoever likes that are those who don't know old Metallica.
Their best times were from Kill 'em All to ...And Justice For All.
After that they started to sell out.
One thing I'd also like to point out is that Lars was always a sucker, and will always be. Even though he's a good drummer, his personality just annoys me.

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 07:39 PM
D... I never thought I'd say this, but I love you. Thanks for reiterating that.

_hades the wicked
11-18-2004, 07:48 PM
LMAO! -I- never thought you would ever say something like that! It's a quite shocking thing to see XD

But yeah, I hate those people who come saying "Oh my God! I listen to St. Anger and now I'm a Metallica fan!". It's like... They just don't know what they're saying. That is like saying "I like Britney Spears because I like punk music"... Just doesn't make any sence at all...

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 07:55 PM
No, it'd be Christina Aguliera because now she's Punk.

xD

Metaldork
11-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah St. Anger sucked, one of there better songs were "Don't Tread On Me"

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 10:12 PM
What about that sandman song? (I don't know the name.. I think it's enter the sandman, I remember listening to it when I was a little girl.)

Metaldork
11-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah, you cant foregoet Enter Sandman

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah, it's thier OLD STUFF that is good.

The NEW stuff makes me want to shove my hand into my eyesocket and rip out my brain.

Grand Master Ohanshi
11-19-2004, 02:12 PM
First: Metallica is NOT a heavy metal band... Old Metallica is THRASH metal, new Metallica is nu metal...
Second: Metallica USED to be really an awesome band. They used to be my favorite band, til they released St. Anger... St. Anger sucks, and whoever likes that are those who don't know old Metallica.
Their best times were from Kill 'em All to ...And Justice For All.
After that they started to sell out.
One thing I'd also like to point out is that Lars was always a sucker, and will always be. Even though he's a good drummer, his personality just annoys me.
First of all, they didn't ever in their lives SELL-OUT, second of all you don't know nothing about Metallica, because if you did you wouldn't be saying that right now, and third of all I will never believe you because you don't have one good reason OR proof of them selling out at any time in the history of METALLICA. (think before you speak, smart one!):<_<: Oh and thats not a flame thats just a statement.

p.s. the only reason ozzy sucks now, because the drugs cought up to him.

Ami~chan
11-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Metallica rocks my socks!! Joking. The old stuff like Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman ruled, but their new stuff gets me depressed. Their newer stuff constantly reminds me that Metallica is a twenty-something year old band, whos musicians were once hot but now they are just middle-aged men.
I have aton of Metallica albums. I have Master of Puppets, And Justice for All, Black Album and St. Anger (I really regretted buying St. Anger though)

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 02:40 PM
At least you have some of the GOOD ones. Some people need to realize that Metallica did sell out. Not only did they sell out, but THEY are the reason why we can't download music anymore.

Ami~chan
11-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Metallica was awesome back in their day, and its brave of them to continue to try to make music, but....... the singing on St.Anger sounds like yodeling.

retro
11-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Problem with the newest album was they tried to make 3min radio songs! Old material was always long guitar/drum solo's 7/8mins songs which is what they always do best.

My fav 3 songs;

Hero Of the Day
No Leaf Clover
Unforgiven

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 05:47 PM
What they do best NOW, is NOT making music. ^^

retro
11-19-2004, 05:51 PM
True so True, let just forget about the *wink wink 'New album'....

Why don't all new listeners just buy the back catalouge >_^"

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Remember how they're supposed to stop playing concerts for some reason, I forgot..

They're playing one down here in like... a few days. Or they already played.

retro
11-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Live sets & Metallica don't work anymore ^_^"

The best has been done ...

Grand Master Ohanshi
11-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Remember how they're supposed to stop playing concerts for some reason, I forgot..

They're playing one down here in like... a few days. Or they already played.

So why did they say they were going to stop doing concerts? Is it because they couldn't face the fact that they were going to lose you as a die hard fan?

retro
11-19-2004, 06:07 PM
laugh, was that a insult?

Grand Master Ohanshi
11-19-2004, 06:09 PM
If you want it to be then you could say that, yes

Gil
11-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Metallic rocks. Go Metallica go!!

Grand Master Ohanshi
11-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Metallic rocks. Go Metallica go!!
I'm glad you think so Gil, 813 = HAIL METALLICA:awe:

_hades the wicked
11-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah, go listen to St. Anger while you think "I'm listening to the best metal band there is nowadays"... Go illude yourself...

enjio
11-19-2004, 10:39 PM
hey metallica is the best and so is linkin park

SaceGolem2
11-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Elitism! :lol:

Seriously though Metallica's older stuff was better. St anger was terrible. How dare they tell us to stop downloading music and put out crap and expect us to purchase it? Insanity I tell you. Unforgiven is good. My friend of misery was good. Fade to black, good. No leaf Clover, good. Enter sandman, good. I could be here all day. Oh and Ozzy shouldn't have even been brought up in here. Drugs killed what little talent he had. Not hating on anyone who likes their music, but for christ sakes...

Daenerys
11-21-2004, 01:00 AM
hey metallica is the best and so is linkin parkI think that speaks for itself when saying you know nothing about music, and like crap.

_hades the wicked
11-21-2004, 01:34 AM
hey metallica is the best and so is linkin park

lol! Only people who don't KNOW Metallica make such stupid comparisons!!! I couldn't stop laughing when I read that! XD
Or should I say, people who don't know MUSIC say that? ...I think it'd be more apropriate.

Metaldork
11-21-2004, 02:46 AM
METALLICA and linkin party are like two different genres of bands :mad:

Innotech
11-21-2004, 06:08 AM
I used to sort ofl ike their 90s stuff, but my little brother got into electric guitars, and ALL HE PLAYS Is MEtallica. So I am so sick of it I never want to hear anoither MEtallica song ever again.

Rainb0w
11-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Metallica were great back in the 80's. I don't pay much attention to their newer material, though. I'll just keep listening to "Master Of Puppets" thank you very much.

Pakachu
11-21-2004, 11:03 PM
hey metallica is the best and so is linkin parkO_o... i think i ge what you're trying to say... but the way you worded that is like whooooa...

But anyways.
Yeah, Metallica is definitely towards the top of my "Good" list.

Innotech
11-22-2004, 09:36 PM
I hate St Anger though. Especially some kind of monster and Frantic.

Daenerys
11-23-2004, 01:12 AM
lol! Only people who don't KNOW Metallica make such stupid comparisons!!! I couldn't stop laughing when I read that! XD
Or should I say, people who don't know MUSIC say that? ...I think it'd be more apropriate.Yes, people who don't know music fits much, much better.

Pyrobrave
11-23-2004, 01:12 AM
My favorite Metallica album had to be S & M. That one was the best. The orchastra in the background was so cool

WarGoddess_Nova
11-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Ha thats funny I'm listening to S&M now. Metallica is great. My favorite track is #7 Sad but True. #10 Battery, is great also.

Pyrobrave
11-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Metallica rocks. Another good album was Black and also Reloaded. ans And Justice For All wasnt bad

Grand Master Ohanshi
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Well, I woreship Metallica:awe: and always will, it's good that every body here has their thoughts about Metallica, but if you don't like my thought(S) about Metallica don't say anything, plain and simple as a pimple!

Kitty-ness
12-24-2004, 01:24 AM
I wuff a wittle of Metallica, but I won't go too deeply in this one....I only listen to a few of their songs, so I can't really consider myself a fan..

souless cowboy
12-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah metallica is the only thing that keeps metal seriously going today, Not only are they one of the longest surviving metal bands, they're probably the greatist band out there today. THough there music has changed dramaticly i still think they have that feel of "omg they're freakin awesome!". I grew up on metallica and so did my mother. Metallica totally in my book are a favirote and damn those who call them sell outs. If you don't like them fine dont like them, but dont ruin them with your pathetic views.

Ami~chan
12-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Old Metallica = coolness, perfection, metal mania, awesomeness, what I worship
New Metallica (St. Anger) = WHAT THE @!$$!#!$@!$@$@ HAPPENED!!!!!

Yeah, my opinion is there, if you can find it.

Krazy Dave
12-27-2004, 03:33 PM
I like Metallica all the way up to the release of the "Black" album, after that they fell off my radar.Allway's though I allway's seem to preferr Megadeth to Metallica, to me evan Metallicas old stuff dosent seem to stack up to Megadeths. Though Megadeth didn't as big as Metallica did, they still are exceptional.Very very influential to me. And lately Metallicas music to put it lightly and candy coat it, is eccentric.Or to put it in an unsweetend way(my way), it is total and utter Bullshit.
No need to argure with me, it is my opinion and I most likely am the most stubbern SOB so......theres my version.

Queen-of-Mars
12-28-2004, 04:06 AM
My alltime favorite song is Nothing Else Matters. It was very different from the previous stuff Metallica had released, which is probably why I like it. I love the entire Black Album.

Ami~chan
12-28-2004, 11:45 AM
I worship the songs "Master of Puppets" and "One". I enjoyed their Black album, especially "Enter Sandman". St. Anger was when they fell off the cliff. I actually bought that cd! A waste of money....

Grand Master Ohanshi
12-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Yeah metallica is the only thing that keeps metal seriously going today, Not only are they one of the longest surviving metal bands, they're probably the greatist band out there today. THough there music has changed dramaticly i still think they have that feel of "omg they're freakin awesome!". I grew up on metallica and so did my mother. Metallica totally in my book are a favirote and damn those who call them sell outs. If you don't like them fine dont like them, but dont ruin them with your pathetic views.
I guess we're the only one that truly woreship METALLICA, but thats ok they have their oppinions and we have ours, as long as they don't trash MEATALLICA to the point were it's ubsurd then it's ok on my book.