PDA

View Full Version : My dad PC ate my homework!!! Switch to Mac

homeless_with_no_PC
11-18-2004, 12:11 PM
What operative system do you prefer? Mac, Windows, Linux, others?

Personally, I prefer Mac: more stable, no viruses, best to work on your audiovisual proyects...

I've heard a lot about linux though, I really don't know it, I've never used it. There are no viruses known for Linux, even more stable... makes me wonder...

What do you think?

Alyssa
11-18-2004, 12:17 PM
lol - You love your computers, don't ya.

In any case, Linux is the most secure type of program you can run off of. But its not an easy GUI to use, that's its drawback.

Windows 2000 NT is the one I prefer, rather than XP because even though XP has some pretty cool features all other Windows programs lack, XP is also more prone to hack, etc. that I just don't like - plus XP becomes unstable at times.

A new one called Winux which has Linux and Windows compatable together is the one I want to get in the shelves down sometime in the future.

To have Windows easy user interface and Linux's super stable securities - by gosh, that would be AWESOME! Guess you never knew this girl knows her programs by now **snickers** Impressed?

TerraN EmpirE
11-18-2004, 12:21 PM
I am on a mac right now i like it i have very few complaints

galdon
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
well, i use windows, practically nothing comes out that isnt for windows. in my oppinion mac doesnt get viruses because it is not as popular and therefor the virus would be contained, and yes it does get viruses, it is an impossibility that someone wouldnt make one for mac.

homeless_with_no_PC
11-18-2004, 12:50 PM
it does get viruses... it's jut a bit more improbable, therefore safer.
But I'm talking about best performance, not about popularity, and with VirtualPc on your mac, you can make the two systems compatible (kind of).

En Svensk Tiger
11-18-2004, 02:00 PM
I use XP...pretty easy to use and stuff, but also pretty lame.. Not stable at all..

Though all my internet related problems disapeared like water on a hot day when I dithced Iexplorer and started using Firefox instead.

The coolest is to have no OS but DOS...

Princess Minako
11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Virtual PC makes it pretty compatable, but there is a lot of software out there that is just for PC, and most software comes out for PC's first. I preferr PC's because they are much more convient. Unless you're doing heavy graphics editing or graphic design the benefits for macs is really pretty negligable.

The Goddess has Spoken

Zedekiah
11-18-2004, 02:15 PM
I use WinXP and got NO problems. I don't know how you guys do it, but it seems rather amazing that everyone keeps foozin' up their OS besides me.

And all t3h neat games come out for Win anyway. Like Half-Life 2. Woooo.. Can't stop playing it.. teehee ^_^

Princess Minako
11-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Half life 2 does look amazing. My boyfriend got it and we tried it out yesterday, its CREEEEEPY!!! and yeah HL2 does put PC's one notch up :P

The Goddess has Spoken

Eris
11-18-2004, 02:56 PM
lol - You love your computers, don't ya.

In any case, Linux is the most secure type of program you can run off of. But its not an easy GUI to use, that's its drawback.

Windows 2000 NT is the one I prefer, rather than XP because even though XP has some pretty cool features all other Windows programs lack, XP is also more prone to hack, etc. that I just don't like - plus XP becomes unstable at times.

A new one called Winux which has Linux and Windows compatable together is the one I want to get in the shelves down sometime in the future.

To have Windows easy user interface and Linux's super stable securities - by gosh, that would be AWESOME! Guess you never knew this girl knows her programs by now **snickers** Impressed?
Linux dosen't have a GUI, it has several GUIs, some are hard, some are easy (some are easier than macosx and windows).

I don't like Windows, it has more viruses than a public toilet has STDs. And MacOSX is too much eyecandy. So go linux!

TerraN EmpirE
11-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Std's and toilets are a urban legend. i think when i get my next comp i will be buying linux for it's OS but that is like a year or 2 away

Zedekiah
11-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Half life 2 does look amazing. My boyfriend got it and we tried it out yesterday, its CREEEEEPY!!! and yeah HL2 does put PC's one notch up :P

The Goddess has Spoken

Hah, got 104 fps on my test :3

I love meh comp.

Ahem, I'll stop the OT now.

Eris
11-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Std's and toilets are a urban legend. i think when i get my next comp i will be buying linux for it's OS but that is like a year or 2 awayhttp://eudial.mine.nu:5000/stuff/forum/smart.jpg

Linux is free software. You don't buy it (unless you feel like paying for something that you legally can get for free), you download it.

elite kippyhat
11-18-2004, 03:42 PM
lol thats a laugh!!