PDA

View Full Version : The Battle Of Wills.

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 01:35 AM
Yesterday, there began a battle of wills.. between me... and my hair. It was a hard battle, filled with many defeats, injuries, and lives that were tragically lost due to this careless, careless battle...

First, I thought I'd tackle it with peroxide... that did jack... Then... I decided to buy an expensive bleaching kit... that.. that was where it got ugly... I can't quite explain it with words... it's just... too much to remember.

I can however, show you a picture of this devistation.

I know, I'm such a drama queen. Remember kids, my hair was once pitch black. (Let me tell you a story... my hair used to be blonde. Not blonde blonde blonde... but blonde. Then I dyed it, and dyed it.. and it grows in light brown =/)

Anyway, the first pic is my roots. They're WHITE WHITE... and everything else... is like... a sherbert orange.

I lost my digital camera today, so they're crappy webcam pics.

So whatcha think? Rebleach it, or just ... have fun with it?

Essex
11-18-2004, 01:52 AM
Well... it somehow turned out OK, didn't it?

Pakachu
11-18-2004, 01:55 AM
i dunno.. i think it looks pretty cool, i'd stick with it.
but then again thats my rather warped opinion.

Queen-of-Mars
11-18-2004, 02:05 AM
Bleach it. Might as well see what can come of it.

En Svensk Tiger
11-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Dye it purple and insert it with a radioactive mix of chemicals so that it glows in the dark..

or just leave it as it is...looks fine to me -.-

Myrra
11-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Grrrr....stupid spammer!!

Anyway, Sissy, I'd have to say that you'd be better off forking over the cash and going to a salon and having them fix it. I'd say it'd be cheaper in the long run and I'm sure it will be beautiful! I'd hate for all your hair to fall out because you overtreated it.

homeless_with_no_PC
11-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Yesterday, there began a battle of wills.. between me... and my hair. It was a hard battle, filled with many defeats, injuries, and lives that were tragically lost due to this careless, careless battle...

First, I thought I'd tackle it with peroxide... that did jack... Then... I decided to buy an expensive bleaching kit... that.. that was where it got ugly... I can't quite explain it with words... it's just... too much to remember.

Your story really touched my heart.
You should WAX your head: you'd look prettier.

souichi tsujii
11-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Grr...my hair is evil too! Whenever I try to dye it pink, it just turns crimson or bright red. (I just tried last night) I want to bleach mine, but I think I'm just gonna wait till I have the dough to get it done professionally at a salon. You ought to get your hair professionally bleached; some people I know who have done the bleaching themselves say it was a BIG mistake.

galdon
11-18-2004, 12:28 PM
your hair doesnt look that bad, only a bit un-combed, of course i might be the wrong person to ask since i dont care what my hair looks like as long as its still there (both sides of my family have a history of hairloss)

Pakachu
11-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Grr...my hair is evil too! Whenever I try to dye it pink, it just turns crimson or bright red. (I just tried last night) I want to bleach mine, but I think I'm just gonna wait till I have the dough to get it done professionally at a salon. You ought to get your hair professionally bleached; some people I know who have done the bleaching themselves say it was a BIG mistake.
HAHA!!!
my friend tried to dye his hair red and it came out like this!!!
(the day after... the pinkness hasnt even taken full effect yet^___^)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/pakachu/pinky.jpg

galdon
11-18-2004, 12:37 PM
oh that reminds me, my sister dumped wart medicine by accident into her bath water and turned her hair purple, after getting it fixed she got some dye and dyed her hair red. :sweatdrop: though i wouldnt recomend that style.

oma
11-18-2004, 12:48 PM
lol man that funny staff

sjøpølse
11-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Just give up the battle and free your hairs. I have stopped to fight them and therefore we lived by peacefully. They want to be free, let them choose. BEH. Battling for Emancipated Hairs.

Zedekiah
11-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Haha, well said. Hair's there to grow. I let it grow. Freely. No hinders.

Unlike Evil Han. GRRRR!

Han
11-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Woot! I let it grow for nearly 1.5 years....and don't worry...it'll grow back peacefully...unless it's back for revenge and strangles me in my sleep..

Btw..your hear looks just fine Ai...

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-18-2004, 03:00 PM
I got mine bleached at home. It worked great for me. If I ever get free rein over my hair color again (I'm trying to get a job...) I'll bleach it white-white. Until then its just boring Brown...

elite kippyhat
11-18-2004, 03:30 PM
hehe thats amusing

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 04:42 PM
God damn, I've never seen so much spam in my life. Can ANYONE ever stay on topic? Apparently not.

Anyway, Raye, there's no way in a cold day in hell, I'm spending 120 dollars so someone can dye and cut my hair. I'd rather spend 10 bucks on dye.

Princess Mononoke
11-18-2004, 09:28 PM
dye it black again hun i liked that

at least your hair isnt like mine... naturally curly, always frizzy, if i want to tame it and make it halfway straight i have to spend 45 mins on it. Then it just gets frizzy again when i go out in the humidity.

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 09:40 PM
My hair is curly. I straighten it like mad now that it's short. (When it get's JUST below my ears it curls... when it was long it was a mass of botcelli curls. I spelt that wrong, but...

I will dye it black again, maybe in the spring, but my dad missed it when I was a blonde. And I'm never going to go blonde again.

My sisters hair's like yours, I should ask her what she uses on it, because it's usually tamed unless she's sick and doesn't do anything to it.

ShadowBlade
11-18-2004, 10:05 PM
dont dye it black it looks better brown. and the pictures looked good to me i dont see what your talkin bout

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 10:06 PM
...My hair's not brown right now though? If I had my digital camera I could take a better picture and you'd see the horror.

Princess Mononoke
11-18-2004, 10:07 PM
yeah i have to use a straightening iron.... if i get outa the shower and let it go its frizzy spiral curls.

Daenerys
11-18-2004, 10:24 PM
What kind of iron do you use? My siste rhas this ceramic one that is like OMG AWESOME.

||°*+¨TaRkEmI¨+*°||
11-18-2004, 10:44 PM
o_o
it does´t look that bad to me, but if i were you, would just let my hair grow...
let the time do it´s work.
I don´t think that bleach it or wherever is the solution, you will only do a bigger damage.
so, just let it grow, sooner or later your color will be back of the dead.
I really have no experience on this, i have never done nothing to my hair ._.
but i think this is something that doesn´t helps, but at least, stops harming your hair =)
just be patient is my advice ...

Die Tod von Euch
11-18-2004, 10:50 PM
I have purple hair dye I could give you, since I'm not allowed to use it anymore... :(

Now, if you attempt to re-bleach it just be careful. A friend of mine kept bleaching his hair over and over so he could make it a really pale blond, and it ended up sorta...melting.

And I'm with you on the not wanting to go to a salon... I only got mine professionally dyed once, and that was because I had to get my "Vampire Red" (copyright Manic Panic) stripped from my hair and my hair dyed to a more natural color for a play I was in... Heh. But, for the most part, I'd rather dye it myself.

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm gonna wait a bit before I bleach it again. Like two weeks maybe.

And damnit for the last time, I AM NOT GROWING MY HAIR OUT! I like my mohawk just fine, thanks a bunch.

Yeah, salons are too expensive, and they try to talk to you, and make you uncomfortable... I mean I'd rather have my sister talk to me while dying my hair than some person I don't know.

SaceGolem2
11-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Stick with it unless you really hate that current color.

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 02:06 PM
It's not that I hate it, it's just.. it's uneven..
Let me try to explain...

My roots are WHITE like the links on this site. The rest of my hair is orange like the STORE link on this site. Oh, and there's parts of my hair that are still black.

--Nod--

En Svensk Tiger
11-19-2004, 02:09 PM
My roots are WHITE like the links on this site. The rest of my hair is orange like the STORE link on this site. Oh, and there's parts of my hair that are still black.

That is beautiful man... Just dye it yourself... Into a color that does not exist.... Or make it invisible..haha...invisible hair...what a way...

Or just lower your head into a pool of the purest black color, and hope for the best -.-

Edit: I can't speak in puplic for ages now -.-

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 02:26 PM
You mean invisible?

En Svensk Tiger
11-19-2004, 02:38 PM
yes...

*runs into dark moist cave in shame, never to return to human society*

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 05:14 PM
xD That would be cool though, but Polar bears have clear hair.. .so it'd probally just match my skincolor by default.

souichi tsujii
11-19-2004, 05:24 PM
I really, really hate my hair. I'm convinced it's evil. On one side of my head, it curles inward. On the other side of my head, it flips outward. It looks bad unless I wet it and sry it with a blowdrier and flip it inward while I'm drying, and i don't have the time to do that everyday. So Ai, I feel your pain.

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 05:25 PM
lol, I no longer have any problem with my hair other than the color. I cut most of it off.

Princess Mononoke
11-19-2004, 05:35 PM
heh what brand of iron does your sis use?

Daenerys
11-19-2004, 05:36 PM
The one she gave me is Conair... and I don't know the other one lemme ask. Yeah, my sister is useless. "Der... I 'unno lozlozlzozljo1111``"

SaceGolem2
11-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Hmm well then your best bet would be to bleach it till its all the same color.