PDA

View Full Version : Korn

Vua
11-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Who likes Korn?

I like korn, Here to stay and word up would have to be my faves.

niKopol
11-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Korn is awesome

Alyssa
11-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Before, Korn use to be good. But nowadays, they don't even match up to their old dynamic expectations anymore. To put it in simple terms, at one time I did like Korn a lot - "Freak on a Leash" I believe it was called has some pretty cool anime going on - part anime, part realistic - with catchy music along the way. Now, I just sit back and listen to other music rather than this band.

Sorry, - use to like, now I dislike em.

_hades the wicked
11-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Their new stuff is too commercial... Old KoRn used to be good, like All In The Family, Freak On A Leash and Here To Stay...

Rainb0w
11-18-2004, 10:08 AM
I was a big fan back in the 90's. I saw them in action back in the early days when not many people knew who they were. I started going off them after "issues" though.

Master_Will
11-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Korn ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their AWSOME!!!!!!
http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/band2.gif

swordsman
11-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Korn used to be really good but it seems like they started selling out.
I still listen to Korn allot but very little of the stuff after freak on a leash.

Vua
11-18-2004, 01:15 PM
yes they sold out, then tried to make it seem like they didnt with "Ya'll wanna single"

But the old stuff is still good

enjio
11-19-2004, 10:46 PM
yah korn rules and i have all there cds

souichi tsujii
11-20-2004, 02:03 AM
I hate Korn with a passion. Almost as much as I hate Slipknot. And P.O.D. I hated them in the ninties, and I still hate them now.

Die Tod von Euch
11-20-2004, 05:36 PM
...What I find funny is that people keep saying they like the "old stuff" and then list things from Follow the Leader and newer. "Old Stuff" is the original self-titled album and Life is Peachy... What I also find amusing is that Alyssa says that Freak on a Leash had anime elements. First off, it wasn't ANIME. Just because something is animated doesn't mean it's Japanese animation. Secondly, do you even realize what the song, or the music video was about?! The video was taken from an anti-violence ad. The point of the video was to show that even though this is a violent, destructive world, the younger generations have the power to change things. That's why the little girl catches the bullet at the end and hands it back to the guard.

They've had highs and lows, good songs and bad songs. Issues, for the most part, was a huge disappointment. But, there were still some song on it that were really good. I loved "Trash." But, the worse thing about Issues was that it showed how detached Jon had gotten from the fans. The self-titled album is filled with songs that the regular person can relate to. But by the time Follow the Leader came out, the songs started talking more about how he was a famous rock star...an angsty famous rock star. And Issues just drove that home a bit too much with things like "Beg for Me." He needed to get back down to the level of the fans and create songs people could relate to again.

Which, he did. Untouchables and Take a Look in the Mirror once again had songs people could relate to. They back-tracked and focused on the more important things, instead of singing about fame.

Their sound has changed, yes. But, they've been around for over a decade.... It happens. With EVERY band. You call it selling out, but they're not. They aren't changing their music to sound like the other bands on the market. Hell, they PIONEERED a lot of the sounds that the newer bands copied. They are simply evolving. They're sounds remain very Korn-esque, no matter what. They still are who they were, they've just grown up a bit more. They've had more experience with their instruments. They've gotten BETTER instruments. They're maturing and fleshing out their sound. Sometimes that takes trying new things. And, sometimes those new things aren't always good... But, then you just learn from it. Which is what I think they did with Issues. They learned from it, and haven't repeated the same mistakes again.

I don't really think it's fair to put them in the same group as Slipknot and POD... Slipknot is a group that was underground-turned-mainstream and wanted to draw attention to themselves by doing things that they claimed they did so people wouldn't pay attention to them (ie: the masks). POD is a Christian group that sold out into the mainstream to become a poprock group. Both are...well...posers. Korn aren't. I've watched Jonathan cry as he sang. The vast majority of the songs he sings are about things that have actually happened to him, or are based on people he actually knew. "Daddy" was based on when he was a child and was sexually abused by someone the family knew. When he told his parents about it, they called him a liar and wouldn't listen to him, so never helped him. "Hate You" is about his stepmother, and how she treated him while he was growing up. And that's only naming a couple. Point is, they don't usually write songs because they think the song will be popular, which would define a sell-out. They don't write songs and attempt to portray an image that isn't really their own.

Zackiroth
11-25-2004, 05:37 PM
I suppose KoRn are pretty cool...

I like their first two albums the best, though...
Their newer songs aren't as good, but I suppose anything up to Freak on a Leash is pretty good...

Gil
11-25-2004, 07:19 PM
koRn rocks. I personally like the song 'Freak on a Leash,'

WarGoddess_Nova
11-25-2004, 08:05 PM
I love KoRn. the new the old and every thing in between. Alot of people think that they are slipping because they cant top Freak on a Leash, but who can. Each artist has one great hit (hopefuly) that no matter what they can't top. this dosn't mean that they aren't trying.:mad:

Die Tod von Euch
11-26-2004, 07:50 PM
o_O Can't top Freak on a Leash? Ok, that was a good song, but it was FAR from their best...

Queen-of-Mars
11-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Never had a problem with them, and even if they did "sell out", I still like their stuff. Word Up is pretty good...

I went to the Korn concert last Sunday when it was here. That ROCKED. The guy I went with invited me a few days before, and he had floor tickets. Korn really did rock out, and even though i'm the kind of kid that won't really go psychotic, I found myself screaming out lyrics and (almost) getting into mosh pits. Hell, I probably would have crowd surfed if they kept me going that good.

Die Tod von Euch
11-28-2004, 06:59 PM
;_; No fair... I haven't been to Korn a concert in years... *sad* I wonder when they'll be in Atlanta next...hm...

But, yes, from the concerts of theirs I went to before, they very much do rock live. Not all bands do a really fantastic live show, but Korn does. The last one I went to I had floor tickets, too. God, it was great...

chibiangel21
11-28-2004, 11:17 PM
I love KoRn!! They totally rock!! yay for KoRn!!:laugh: I've only been to one of their concerts...it was about 2 years ago...and it was so much fun!! I was so close to them..I wanted to go into the mosh pit, but my bf didn't want me to get all beat up...guess it's best....I still had a total blast!!!

Queen-of-Mars
11-29-2004, 03:25 AM
Yeah, it rocked. >.> I dislike the headache from the weed, though. >< One of the kids that was getting toasted was right behind us, then started making out with some thirteen-year-old he had just met. o.<

.[TT]Death//Scythe666
11-30-2004, 12:46 PM
Korn are awesome there newer stuff isnt too great but you know ^^; ah well

I love there song Freak on a leash and Here to stay ^^; there both cool

There are more I like but I'm gonna leave my post at that lol bye bye

Gil
11-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Freak on a Leash is awesome!

Master_Will
11-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Hell Yeah!!!!

Corn Rocks!!!

Ami~chan
11-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Freak on a Leash is awesome. I just bought their Greatest Hits CD. I wuv it!! Songs like "Trash", "Got the Life" and the infamous "Freak on a Leash" are the best. Has anyone heard their remake of "Just a Brick in the Wall"? its pretty good. "Word Up" is alright too.

Die Tod von Euch
12-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Yes, I really liked their "The Wall" cover. You also realise that "Word UP" is a cover, too, yes?

And you know... I still can't see where people get the idea that they sold out... Their newer stuff actually has a lot more in common with their original stuff (from the self titled album) than the songs on Follow the Leader or Issues did... o_O I mean, they're going back to their roots, taking their original sound and expanding on it. Isn't that kind of....the opposite...of selling out? You know...where when a band sells out, they abandon their old sound and become something totally different in an attempt to appeal to the mass audience and sell more records....

souless cowboy
12-06-2004, 03:44 PM
i think korn are freaking awesome. i love there new remix of brick in the wall, i actually think it is better than the original :ninja: . i cant wait to hear there new cd that is going to be full of the 80s remixes. There old stuff owns as well i have every one of their cds.

12-06-2004, 03:54 PM
blood for the blood god

BurningBlazeX
01-12-2005, 08:52 PM
KoRn just plain out rocks...just like alot of other people I TOO think "word up" is one of their best songs

____
01-13-2005, 02:22 PM
The song of "word up" from KoRn originally was done by a different band group. (-can't remember which group it was....-)

I think i like KoRn's version better.

hayato
01-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Ya they so rock man :awe:

Amena
01-21-2005, 06:09 AM
i thiink they are pretty good i like them.