PDA

View Full Version : Nakajima Miyuki

Fabala
11-16-2004, 02:14 PM
http://nakajimamiyuki.cplaza.ne.jp/Images/top03_pic.jpg

A beautiful and amazingly talented singer, this woman. I could go on and on in awe about her, but instead I’ll provide a few blurbs from a Japanese information site regarding her:

January 26th 2003-
"Nakajima Miyuki (53) set a new record when her single finally reached the No.1 spot in the Oricon chart 130 weeks after it was released. "Chijo no Hoshi/Headlight, Taillight" is currently at No.4 and in its 131st week in the chart."

March 19, 2003-
"'Chijo no Hoshi', the single by Nakajima Miyuki (53) has become a million-seller after 139 straight weeks in the charts."

May 22, 2003-
"Nakajima Miyuki's hit "Chijo no Hoshi" is in the charts at No. 46 this week. Nothing remarkable in that, except it's the 148th straight week that the single has stayed in the Oricon Top 100. This breaks the 23 year-old record held by Sugiyoshi Taro's "Sukima Kaze."

October 14, 2004-
"Natsukawa Rimi's hit single "Namida SouSou" has become the fourth-longest chart entry of all time. Currently at No.78 in the Oricon charts, it has stayed in the Top 100 for 123 weeks, ranking second among female solo artists. It first went on sale in April 2001. The No. 1 long-seller is Nakajima Miyuki's "Chijo no Hoshi," which charted for 181 weeks."

She’s also famous for having hit songs in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. I’ve seen songs dating back to 1976 (maybe earlier, I haven’t located the earliest yet) and she’s STILL going strong, with a cd just released this month O.O Dozens and dozens and dozens of cds and songs, and she’s still not only singing, but releasing cds and appearing in concert.

Now tell me, is that not impressive?
Her voice is odd, but real, and certainly one of a kind. I've never heard anything quite like it. I bid you to search, listen, love and share. And, should you be familiar with her (rare ;p), do tell me and gush about her here.

Alyssa
11-16-2004, 02:25 PM
That is a truly impressive record I might add. I liked her a lot since 1999.

I'm getting her newest album from the internet - it's called "Ima No Kimochi" and I can't wait to get it right away. I'm glad you like her too Reiako - I listen to many songs from Japanese singers abroad - so don't be surprised if I heard of her before

Hehehehe.... ^_~

Master_Will
11-16-2004, 02:27 PM
I support and respect her.

Fabala
11-16-2004, 02:28 PM
I am surprised...as it's rare to find someone who's heard of her, let alone heard her music.

^^ This is an excellent year. My other favorite Japanese singer released a new cd last month, and I stumbled across Nakajima's while finding the first.

Edit: Will: Does that mean you've heard her, or merely are impressed?

Master_Will
11-16-2004, 02:31 PM
I am very impressed!!

Alyssa
11-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Wow... lol...

least we forget - I never mentioned her often at all because nobody brought it up until like... - now, pretty much O.o, or so I haven't seen any threads about her anyways, it seems. I've seen her name pop up from other forums too, Chinese and Japanese-related, - but not many listen to her actual tracks, and she is mentioned seldomly. Tis a pity - she was very well respected in my books. Ahh... yes, the beauty from the past **dreams into another world**

I like this one song of hers called Tabibito No Uta. Been a long time since I could recall a song like this, hehehehe...

Fabala
11-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Mm. It's among my top favorites, along with Chijo no Hoshi, Headlight Taillight, Hutari wa, Jidai (all three versions I have ^^;), Utahime, Asai nemur, Sora To Kimi To No Aida and more I'm not thinking of...

I've made posts about her and Ogata Megumi on this board and others before, and the response is usually "I've never heard of them." So I came prepared with awe-inspiring information ^^;;

And I wouldn't label her into the past so readily ^_~ She's still active enough...moreso than many other singers.

Alyssa
11-16-2004, 02:54 PM
**Laughs** Wo0t!

Well she's still doing great - gotta learn well from your old masters, I might have to add. You sure do have some nice taste in her music too ^_~. Glad to hear you listen to her music as well! **Grins**

Fabala
11-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Mm. Now you just need to discover the greatness that is my beloved Ogata Megumi and we're set ^_~