PDA

View Full Version : Way back when

shi_amai
11-15-2004, 05:00 PM
For all of you not so new people here do you remember a few months ago on that topic someone started about an article on Yahoo how picking your nose and eating the snot is healthy? Lo and behold I can disprove that. A few days ago I went to the doctors because of my 5 month sore throat. She said sore throats can be connected to stomach issues (which I have many, I get sick almost every morning). She asked me if what I threw up was mainly mucusy stuff. Well, we all know that the nose is connected on the inside to the mouth. And we should all know that if your snot gets pushed back far enough it can get into your mouth and you swalllow it. Apparently, too much of it isn't good. Your stomach can't take it and it upsets it, leading to throwing up. Of course, too much throwing up doesn't help your throat, even leading to the wearing away of the lining. But sheesh, that was a mouthful.

Nullpunkt
11-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Of course it snot good for you! (Heh, couldn't resist.) Your mucous membranes catch germs that get inside your nose, so when you eat your "boogers", you are simply eating a germ-infested cell culture. Bad idea.

Rick

ShadowBlade
11-15-2004, 05:25 PM
mucus lines just about every cavity in your body and then some. it cant be digested by your stomach acid thats why you throw it up.

Zedekiah
11-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Luckily for me, I rarely get sick and I belive pickin' nozes are quite... ERGHHH

Queen-of-Mars
11-15-2004, 05:36 PM
I hate puking. x_X shi, I feel for you. I'd rather cut part of my toe off than puke. Yes, part of my toe has been..sliced off, but not TOO much, thankfully. x_x Don't ask.

En Svensk Tiger
11-15-2004, 05:40 PM
I hate puking. x_X shi, I feel for you. I'd rather cut part of my toe off than puke. Yes, part of my toe has been..sliced off, but not TOO much, thankfully. x_x Don't ask.
Sorry...

When you say it like that...
I just have to ask..How did your toe become partly sliced off?

Sorry....

Puking is thewin

Zedekiah
11-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Yes. Though not for your teeth.

It gets the baaaad stuff out.

Nullpunkt
11-15-2004, 05:53 PM
PLEASE... is it really necessary for all of you to discuss topics such as these? I mean, come on, people... you might as well start a thread entitled "Poo and Other Nice Things". One comment is enough, but to stretch it into a dissertation... bleh.

Rick

skyler22
11-15-2004, 06:17 PM
ulg nashty but urm thanx for sharing i guess -_-

Zedekiah
11-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Haha, Rick. I belive Alyssa'll make one now that you came up with that :D

Nullpunkt
11-15-2004, 06:39 PM
Do NOT say that, Noki. If she starts one now I am going to blame you for it.

Rick

Zedekiah
11-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Too late now, I guess.
Don't worry, the trash bin ain't fillin' up just yet :3

shi_amai
11-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah, once I ate a whole package of cheese then threw it all up. My sister was there and was sickened by it yet she never stopped me. I hate throwing up! >_<

Maybe I'll start that topic. "What color is your poopie?"

Innotech
11-15-2004, 07:42 PM
I cant stand puking. . I go to huge lengths to avoid it when I am nauseated. For one thing, swallowing a lot and drinking water or a bit of sprite helps dilute the poisons, and eating bread acts as a sponge to soak up the excess toxins. When you have the flu never swallow mucus that you cough up because it will make you quite sick. . I know these are gross discussions, but this is useful information ^^()

SaceGolem2
11-16-2004, 12:51 AM
I cant stand puking. . I go to huge lengths to avoid it when I am nauseated. For one thing, swallowing a lot and drinking water or a bit of sprite helps dilute the poisons, and eating bread acts as a sponge to soak up the excess toxins. When you have the flu never swallow mucus that you cough up because it will make you quite sick. . I know these are gross discussions, but this is useful information ^^()I agree. Another good remedy to calm nausea would be drinking ginger tea. I really really can't stand throwing up myself. Its one of the worst feelings you can have.

As Far as the boogers go, I never swallow them. I always spit when I have the chance.

Fabala
11-16-2004, 09:39 AM
PLEASE... is it really necessary for all of you to discuss topics such as these? I mean, come on, people... you might as well start a thread entitled "Poo and Other Nice Things". One comment is enough, but to stretch it into a dissertation... bleh.

Rick

*snickers* Not one for the sciences then, I take it? XD