PDA

View Full Version : Reality games:they suck!!!

Vetus
11-14-2004, 07:18 PM
It's a fact:
Reality games like Big Brother, Fame Story and Survivor is the trend of the new millenium. Most of people watch them and the starrings of these games are such great idols like popstars and Hollywood actors - the fame of the most reality games players ends fast.

My opinion about this trend? It sucks for many reasons! For example, it's too boring for me to watch another people's life on TV live and it seems redicilious. It's like I'm buying magazines for the VIP's life.

But if there's something I hate the most on reality games is that their fans laught at those people who watch anime because they think it's for children, while they're watching these nonsense.

I want your opinions about why you like or hate reality games.
And remember: NO FLAME WARS!

vhinnnn
11-14-2004, 07:23 PM
if you really like reality reality shows put up cameras all over your house and watch all of the tapes at the end of the week!

shi_amai
11-14-2004, 09:22 PM
They're dumb, and yes, they're not reality, they're supposedly making people do something and not having a script and stuff like that, but reality WOULD be putting a camera in someone's house. Though, I don't really like TV at all. (I watch it maybe an hour a day).

DownRight-eviL
11-14-2004, 09:28 PM
It's not even reality. Maybe only a bit, but they put a bit of fiction in their, as well as reality. It's very stupid if you ask me. The OC sucks. The OC can kiss my ***. North Shore sucks, that's not even the real Hawaii... I think... -__-
There's not suppose to be a lot of haoles there. Suppose to be us locals. I mean there's suppose to be random people, not just Americans. *Not racist*

ShadowBlade
11-14-2004, 10:00 PM
i like "my big fat obnocious boss" because they piss so many people off and i love to see peoples reactions when they're pissed. and makeing people mad is fun:p

Pakachu
11-14-2004, 11:08 PM
yeah... 90% of that crap is pretty lame.

Alyssa
11-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Ahh... the only real show I ever liked was "The Amazing Race" - it is a show I liked to watch nonetheless.

Big Brother <the first> and Survivor was fine and intriguing at first, but when they started making sequels, I just simply gave up and bashed my TV with a baseball bat and some yellow paint that called Colonel Mustard onto the scene <don't ask me why> O.o

I did like that show - what was it called... "Something" Paradise?? - I saw it in the summer - and I watched every episode of it. It was okay. But yeah, they are getting lamer and lamer these days... **sighs**

However, studies made me prevent from watching TV - now I can go on the internet to surf on more "interesting" stuff than reality TV.

SGI
11-15-2004, 01:19 AM
I've come to accept already that 90% of all tv is nothing but utterly mindless drivel meant to apeal to the lowest form of intellectual stimulus and dull, repetitive humour.

**WARNING: RANT HAS BEEN INITIATED**
My main problem with reality TV is it's complete overexposure. There is a feeling that reality TV has effectively "hijacked" all major networks. Australian Idol, Big Brother and it's ilk are on for hours at a time at stretches, with a "special" edition on every week on top of the regular mindless serving. And worst of all, it runs at least 10 minutes, on average 45 minutes and on record 2 1/2 hours OVER IT'S SCHEDULED TIME, without notice, without apologies as if it is all the world ever watches and it won't mind. Well guess what, we DO DAMN WELL MIND!
**END RANT: THANKYOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION**

And a final thought: Did anyone ever consider that Big Brother, which is a reflection on the Orwellian world of 1984 is effectively the proverbial boot stomping on the human head (or mind) for all eternity?

Havana
11-16-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm not fond of of reality shows. The only time i watch t.v, is fridays and saturday when anime is on.

Daenerys
11-16-2004, 09:01 PM
They should follow me around all day. That'd be a great reality show.

Ollie
11-16-2004, 09:59 PM
sorry, reality games?

Daenerys
11-16-2004, 10:08 PM
I wondered when someone was going to say that.

Pakachu
11-16-2004, 11:32 PM
:shrug:
whats the difference...?

SaceGolem2
11-17-2004, 04:09 AM
I'll agree that Reality shows as a whole do blow, but i can't lie to you, there are a couple of good ones. Prime example, The Apprentice.