PDA

View Full Version : School Spirit... Who needs it

Knightmare686
11-12-2004, 01:40 PM
im getting tried of my school beinmg soooo gay! im taking a foods class and the school can't afford any cash for this education class. and take one guess where all the money is going....... to the stupid sports department, what a surprise! why do the football players need this money for one season and for what reason? so that jimmy can screw up his carrier having "love" w/ a "cornerer", and sue can go off and "try' to live her dreams of becoming a chreeleader and fall down and break her back. if anyone gets affended by this, i am extremely sorry but this needs to stop for the people who are going into life for a good job and a good life.

PS. if this crosses any lines of the admination, i apologize!

Milly
11-12-2004, 01:58 PM
i agree with you and i am noy offended by it. my school is pretty gay, too. with stupid ppopular ppl in it, also. i'm like representative of my school too. ack!

ryu-otaku
11-12-2004, 02:14 PM
I also agree and i can say that you are all right like at my school they have paper shortages making it so that we cant print Classwork and that money goes to the bloddy sports and our school probably has the worst fb division and they still take the money... Also the players really suck like they got beat by four feet tall midgets...

Knightmare686
11-12-2004, 02:21 PM
this is what im talking about with football teams that suck and money being waisted. last year they spent sooooo much money making a SECOND GYM. what was soooo bad about the first gym it just needed a waxing. come on people, what going thou your minds, 2 gyms. And they wont even let the gym classes use the new gym that much they have to save it for the "almighty basketball team" *barf*

Milly
11-12-2004, 02:38 PM
this is what im talking about with football teams that suck and money being waisted. last year they spent sooooo much money making a SECOND GYM. what was soooo bad about the first gym it just needed a waxing. come on people, what going thou your minds, 2 gyms. And they wont even let the gym classes use the new gym that much they have to save it for the "almighty basketball team" *barf*
man...reading ur post just makes me hate your school. who would ever spend a crap load of money ona second gym for just some bb team? they must be that good or something.

Metaldork
11-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Sounds to me that they're paying more to get the jocks what they want then paying for what the school needs.

Aurelie
11-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Our school got rid of lockers so they could afford a class set of books so the students wouldn't have to drag their school books to and from school, but they spent the money on tennis supplies, including putting new blacktop or w/e it is inside the courts, and now we all are probably going to end up with broken or damaged backs by the end of the semester.

_CTA_
11-30-2004, 12:15 PM
man...reading ur post just makes me hate your school. who would ever spend a crap load of money ona second gym for just some bb team? they must be that good or something.me too in here

Eris
11-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Quit being such a homophobe. Using gay as a negative adjective is just as bad as using "jew" or "nigger" in that
manner, and i doubt anyone would be OK with you saying your school is becomming so jew.

mint_tea
11-30-2004, 01:13 PM
i hate it when we have pep rallys and stuff dang baka cheerleaders they realy get on my nerves but i did however like the whole if they talk they get a nice pie in the face it was great to watch

Innotech
11-30-2004, 01:17 PM
luckily, Im past all that junk, but in College, you have to pay for everything yourself. One schoolbook can cost from 60$ -150 US dollars! As for spirit,. I could use some, because we have college finals next week before the semester ends and Im really not looking forward to them http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/frown.gif

mint_tea
11-30-2004, 01:19 PM
kay how about this i hope you pass thats my happy moment for today

Innotech
11-30-2004, 01:21 PM
kay how about this i hope you pass thats my happy moment for today
Thanks, I appreciate it. Welcome to AG ^^

mint_tea
11-30-2004, 01:24 PM
thank you my first welcome so now i realy hope you pass with flying colors

SGI
11-30-2004, 01:35 PM
It's funny isn't it? The governments and school bodies funnel funding from most educational programs, only to pour it into sports programs. And then, when national grades turn out to be among the lowest in the modern world what do they do.. BLAME THE TEACHERS! Yeah well done, scrap educational programs that will help students grades and then blame the teachers when it all goes to hell. WELL DONE!

mint_tea
11-30-2004, 01:38 PM
i blame them i blame them

Innotech
11-30-2004, 01:38 PM
It's funny isn't it? The governments and school bodies funnel funding from most educational programs, only to pour it into sports programs. And then, when national grades turn out to be among the lowest in the modern world what do they do.. BLAME THE TEACHERS! Yeah well done, scrap educational programs that will help students grades and then blame the teachers when it all goes to hell. WELL DONE!
no one ever accused bureacracy of making sense http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/laugh.gif

mint_tea
11-30-2004, 01:50 PM
yes right but i still blame them

Frozen Tears
11-30-2004, 02:32 PM
School Spirit!? Good thing Im outta there...Whew..So borin' Blah I Just went there because of the girls...thats about the only reason and yes School will always be Lame.....

hybridçÑanime
11-30-2004, 06:18 PM
i cant believe im still in the 10th grade

Gil
11-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Quit being such a homophobe. Using gay as a negative adjective is just as bad as using "jew" or "nigger" in that
manner, and i doubt anyone would be OK with you saying your school is becomming so jew.
Thank you for saying that; If you hadn't I would have.

School support is good and you should have school spirit. It is a problem that so much money is devoted to sports while education takes a back seat, but you shouldn't blame the athletes. They didn't choose to get the money, it was given to them by the administration. I am without a doubt an intellectual; I am not an athlete in the least, but it isn't all too fair to claim they don't deserve it. Athletes work every day to get to their peak, no different than a scholar.

Pakachu
11-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Man, this thread is soo frick'n jewish!!!!!!!!!!!!
...O_o;;;

but i agree with the money being spent in the wrong area's Darknessmaster_686.

Btw your school seems to need a lot more money for its English department.
:p

SailorCross
11-30-2004, 07:42 PM
I really dislike my school. My school spirit is in the JROTC program because they actually do stuff that makes sense. I take Foods as well and we couldn't do many labs because the teacher had to wait for the money. If our school wonders whre all the money is going, the principal needs to stop buying himself carts, paying for stupid paegants, uping the prices in senior packages and senior things. Our funding doesn't go just into sports programs, but into stupid paegants and pep rallies. There is this other thing that causes the school to lose lots of money too. We've had a lot of bomb threats in this semester, that's one reason why our school budget is low. But hey, I get out of school in May. I graduate. Hooked on fonics, done good fer me.

Mingus
11-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Frick. My school, compared to your schools, must be doing pretty good. We're building a new section of the school, half of which is devoted to fine arts. Our band seems to do decently money wise. Sports seem to do well too. We do fund raisers and stuff though. Then again, our school is private..............

sliver
12-03-2004, 01:46 PM
at least some of your teams win somethin for example my schools football team hasn't won a game for at leats 10 yaears while things like education ,robotics team and the budget for evrything gets nothing.

Sega saturn x
12-03-2004, 01:53 PM
We dont really have that problem at our school the money goes to the classes not the sports teams.

Himura Enishi
12-03-2004, 02:19 PM
yea...........public schools, well, not that great................You dont have much say, since everyone else is really paying for your education. I go to a real like high class high school, and we have 3 fields, 1 court, workout center, and now they're making the fields turf and gonna make a new gym with underground parking and workout centers...too bad im graduating this year......

Oh yeah, and dont be hating on sports, they can teach you just as much as academics can.

Knightmare686
12-06-2004, 06:34 AM
School Spirit!? Good thing Im outta there...Whew..So borin' Blah I Just went there because of the girls...thats about the only reason and yes School will always be Lame.....

YEAH!Yes yes yes my wise master. the almighty mountains(2) and other thing that goes bump in the night. we dont have that many good looking girls @ my school cuz they are all rednecks or preps which i have a problem w/ them already w/ the school.

Lilyangel
02-07-2005, 06:03 PM
mai skools futbol team is pretty good..we have gone to csf..but mai skool is kinda poor though..

sword_master
02-07-2005, 06:56 PM
my school has no sports teams we are too small and quit using gay wrong i have two mothers because of that word they are lesbians

Taikyo
02-07-2005, 09:14 PM
well out school sure has too many spirit....but the saddest thing is that the freshmen(which i'm in ;.;) has not a lot of school spirit. i remember prep rally v.v; we were soo saaad bah! the soph won the spirit stick (given to the grade with the most spirit, every prep rally). I remember my dear friend Chris (guy) he was a cheerleader! Man i didn't know he can carry one cheerleader by himself! Also during Prep rally we play all sorts of crazy games. It was too ashamful to even mention.

KazeSniper
02-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Our school has way too much spirit. There is "Dress Up Day" so you can earn spirit points for your grade. oO

It's lame, I never dress up for anything at my school.

Jishu
02-08-2005, 07:11 AM
In our intramurals (it's like a three-day sports day...whatever ^_^;;; ), my batch (JUNIORS) were over-all champions. We beated the Seniors in most games and there's even one game that the Sophomores beated the Seniors. lol.

Lilyangel
02-08-2005, 05:10 PM
wow...all of ur skools r better than mine...mai skoll is kinda lame but alot of smart ppl..>.<

Knightmare686
02-15-2005, 09:39 AM
im getting tried of my school beinmg soooo gay! im taking a foods class and the school can't afford any cash for this education class. and take one guess where all the money is going....... to the stupid sports department, what a surprise! why do the football players need this money for one season and for what reason? so that jimmy can screw up his carrier having "love" w/ a "cornerer", and sue can go off and "try' to live her dreams of becoming a chreeleader and fall down and break her back. if anyone gets affended by this, i am extremely sorry but this needs to stop for the people who are going into life for a good job and a good life.

sorry but this is the only way i can post, but anyways my anime club is screwing up again. we are BEING FORCED to donate money to tsumani reliefs. And my presidnet is wigging out that we got reconized for donating $200 and that we did something good. our principle thinks that our club is the cartoon club!? and my other friend thinks that this animemazent crave will not last for long

Lilyangel
03-01-2005, 05:28 PM
tat cant be...i would be disappointed...yea...u have to feel srry for da ppl in da tsumnami relief..

Gjallarhorn
03-01-2005, 10:50 PM
my school is similar when it comes to sports teams. i am on the cross country team(distance running), and we get no funding from the school at all. my team spends all year, even the summer having fund raisers, raising small amounts of money because noone cares about our team. Even with all the money we earn, we can barely afford money for school buses to take us to meets, and buy cheap team sweat-shirts....no even jackets. The foot ball team, just had a brand new 1 million dollar stadium built for them. they get new uniforms every year (the cross country uniforms have been the same ones for 9 years), the school pays for their $200 jackets, busing to meets, remaking their locker room every other year (ours has rotted wood benches and 2 lockers, with one desk). It is even more odd, becuase our cross country team has been 2nd in the state for 8 years, and the football team has not even gone into post season for 7 years. it seems, that we are getting ripped off by the school system....

a senior in my school has filed a law suit against the school for this, as well as other misuses of money, and the state has taken serious interest in it.

My school will get my spirit, when they treat me and others in the other under-funded sports teams(volleyball, soccer, tennis, golf, to name a few) the respect and funding we deserve. until then, the school can go......should finish this sentence.......

WeyrDragon
03-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Well, my old high school, put tons of money into "some" of their sports departments, i was on the tennis team, and we had to do "forced volunteer" work at the Rodeo Stadium, i.e. clean up garbage to raise money for the tennis team, cause the school hardly gave us a budget, same for the music department. Right now in college its still a problem, alot of the budgets go to sports. Last week i was on a school trip to New York, for a Music Conference, and its rare to even get accepted to go to this thing if your from where i am, and i was alotted 20 dollars a day for meals by the school and this is to eat in New York City... that isnt gonna cut it. thank god they paid my airplane and hotel, but i was sure near starving.

Chaos Master Dark
05-20-2005, 09:33 AM
I agree W/ Darknessmaster_686
we go to the same school.
The schoolsystem hates non-sports people.
They ruin allot of things for anime.

MingUe
05-20-2005, 09:49 AM
My old school was in the countryside, and it was a private school, so it was there for people to make money. School funds went primarily to making theschool look nice (landscaping and such), and almost nothing to making the classrooms more hospitable. It was almost like a concentration camp...oh, sorry, they added curtains. The Science labs were tiny and ill-equipped, certainly not safe, and I never took sciences because I was afraid of one of the bunsen burners catching fire (we had an explosion actually, sometime after I graduated). In Malta, we never really had issues with favouritism towards athletes, it would go as far to following them after school because we wanted to cheer our friends on, not because of any school 'spirit'. Also, people who who practised sports outside of school, were looked down on (for some odd reason), or given preference because they were in a certain team. The school leagues and private leagues were completely seperate, so people could play for their school. People playing with Luxol were given preference in our school, whereas members of our team were benched. I hate Malta's stupid obsession with keeping up appearances, rather than taking the welfare of the students in mind. Several 'problem' children were expelled because they made the school look bad in gossip circles...I mean come on!

Deshwitat
05-20-2005, 10:00 AM
The school I'm in now is a small private school near my house and they dont spend a bunch of money on sports crap that no body wants insted they ask all of us what we want and think would make the school better which is really cool cause in my other ones they didnt give a crap about what the students wanted or needed

Amix
08-11-2005, 08:40 AM
I agree too, I hate the preps, they think they're all that with their Varsity can crap, I just hate it, and all this talk about "Help your school" and other stupid things, I just hate my school..Lol.

cowboydemon666
08-11-2005, 08:50 AM
I hate my school so much. Last year they got a bunch of money before school started and instead of fixing or repainting the chipped, nasty looking lockers, you know what they did? They bought a new gym floor. It was ugly too. And then they told us not to get it dirty. Like hell I would!!! Why expect teenagers to keep they gym floor clean? Its beyond me... I just hate my school so much.

Marie2007
08-13-2005, 03:17 PM
sometimes at my school it is a good thing to have school spirit other times we could careless

Uchiha Ulquiorra
08-13-2005, 03:24 PM
I can't stand school either...

BrittyBott
08-13-2005, 03:29 PM
I was just going to say that.

There is little school spirit in my school. We haven't won a football game in more than 4 years.

Tragedy
08-13-2005, 03:47 PM
i have anti-school spirt
i cheer for the other team even tho i hate them all
so i catch alot of flak from the people in my school
not that i care .... im to anti-social to care
or sadistic
or hateful
or angry

Wandering Samurai
08-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Well school spirit is good but all we need is to get the school to be more enjoyable. you see if you have uptight teachers the students don't want to listen, but if they make it into something we the students can relate to we will learn, and if your school is having money problems have fundrasers and try to get everyone involved.

Knightmare686
11-16-2006, 12:01 PM
well now my old school, thank good i graduated, is building a freshman academy. bascially its a fresh meat locker. but the "man" says its for freshmans to make an easier transaction to the high school by being kept away from the other grades/classes. thats funny.

kyubichan
11-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Our school's budget goes to the "Performing Arts". They sing and act, and dance dance dance. And did I mention our school was a COMPUTER SCHOOL?

The Governator
11-16-2006, 12:45 PM
AH the glory of British schools, no "school spirit" like that, personally, I think it could be fun to have school spirit but oh well, and it sounds like alot of you are just whining cause you dont want to join in.

Eris
11-16-2006, 12:49 PM
School is a place of learning, nothing else (at least it should be that way). "School spirit" is basically nationalism for schools. Nationalism for nations is stupid, importing it into the schools is asinine.

Regex
11-16-2006, 12:56 PM
[snip]

Regex
11-16-2006, 12:57 PM
"School Spirit" is a rudimentary way of raising morale. It helps many children keep an interest in their school, and thus helps them learn.

As for sports, they are quite important. They not only give kids something to focus on (i.e. if you're busy playing football, chances are you are less likely to get bored and get into major trouble), but they also help put you in the practice of staying active, for your health.
And once again, the competitive element for the school spirit.

While these things may not necessarily affect everyone in the same way, this is the case for a large number of the school's population. It's better for the community as a whole.

Eris
11-16-2006, 01:10 PM
"School Spirit" is a rudimentary way of raising morale. It helps many children keep an interest in their school, and thus helps them learn.

Children should not have to be motivated to stay in school. If they don't want to learn, then let them rot away, flipping hamburgers the rest of their days. The problem with kids today is that they are raised to believe there is some sort of safety net beneath them, so that when they fall, they get caught, and snuggled until they're done crying about how hard everything is. That is not a life lesson children should be taught, they should learn that there only is one chance, and that if you fail, that is your problem.

As for sports, they are quite important. They not only give kids something to focus on (i.e. if you're busy playing football, chances are you are less likely to get bored and get into major trouble), but they also help put you in the practice of staying active, for your health.
And once again, the competitive element for the school spirit.

I have major philosophical problems with sports. While it may keep kids from getting into trouble, it also prevents reflection in general. It's in other words a way of lobotomizing the youth. And that is something EXTREMELY dangerous.

I'd rather have a rampant youth full of questions than a mindless gray crowd with none.

Genghis Beatrix
11-16-2006, 01:14 PM
I only like the days we had football games b/c I get to watch the drumline play on those mornings.

Princess Hoshi
11-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, for the money to the football team thing, my HS football team is actually a very hard working team. They only lost three games....>> I do enjoy going to my school's football games and having some spirit (The football field is 50 feet from my house! xD) . The problem with it is, they don't give money to the maching band. They have to dig up themselves, and I love my schools marching band. All the people are so nice! They may be a small marching band (around 20-30 people) but they play so well! <3~

Also, the school doesn't spend money on clubs and the worst part of it is...FRESHMAN CAN'T JOIN CLUBS AND ALL OF THEM ARE EDUCATIONAL...>< I would get a teacher to help me sponsor it and I would make one. =)

International 4-8818
11-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Yeah i like school spirit. It livens everything up and if there was none then school would be pretty bleak.

Regex
11-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Children should not have to be motivated to stay in school. If they don't want to learn, then let them rot away, flipping hamburgers the rest of their days. The problem with kids today is that they are raised to believe there is some sort of safety net beneath them, so that when they fall, they get caught, and snuggled until they're done crying about how hard everything is. That is not a life lesson children should be taught, they should learn that there only is one chance, and that if you fail, that is your problem.

I have major philosophical problems with sports. While it may keep kids from getting into trouble, it also prevents reflection in general. It's in other words a way of lobotomizing the youth. And that is something EXTREMELY dangerous.

I'd rather have a rampant youth full of questions than a mindless gray crowd with none.You seem to suffer from some bizarre flaw that causes you to believe that all people think the way you do. But the fact is, they do NOT. Most people are not self-motivated to ask questions. Life is not so black and white. There are second chances all over the place. If you fail, you still can get back up and take care of things. But most people if they had the option, would just slack off and learn nothing, because they don't feel like it, and they are too young and immature to realize this. The whole purpose of school is to teach you what you need to know to get you someplace in life.

Sports are a perfect example of where you just don't understand things outside of your own little "Dieseldome". Sports teach you strategy in their own way. Take football, for example. The coach helps you learn these important lessons: (to name a few)

How to properly pace yourself so that you can last the longest. As in don't give everything you have immediately. You burn yourself out, you're nearly worthless after that.
Teamwork. You can't survive alone. You have to work with others, and you have to know when to pass the responsibility to someone else.
Strategic thinking. Know where your teammates can use you, and know where you can best avoid the opposing team.
These may seem simple, but this gives real experience in these areas.
These aren't lobotomizing students. The children who play football most often choose to be there. And the ones who excel are the ones who ask more questions, and apply the knowledge beyond simply what the coach tells them to do.

This gives people focus. You are more likely to achieve something when you have a goal than when you have no goal at all. Throughout history, even when things were found by accident, they were found while looking for something different. People who aren't even trying very rarely will accomplish anything at all.

[Boolean]
11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
I agree.

Also (this is probably already stated), if you're so mad about it why don't you just go and complain to the school staff instead of complaining on an anime forum? School spirit annoys me too, but you don't see me starting threads about it...

grape jelly1
11-20-2006, 07:32 PM
i think the money in our school gets spread out pretty evenly b/w academics, sports, performing arts, etc. the only problem i have is the space... i go to a public school and we have like 3000 kids this year. one building of our school used to be a middle school so the halls are tiny... there are like 46 trailers this year and there are hardly any parking spots. there's a new high school being built but it's not going to do much... there are just too many people moving into forsyth county. a new high school is going to be built that's going to split the student population in half... can't wait until that happens

*.:Endless Sky:.*
11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
I personally don't have much of a say because my school doesn't do that very much. Hell, they don't even raise money for year-round Volleyball...*sigh*

Still, I believe that without sports, school would lack a very important lesson in life. And that is the fact that you must work for things. At my school, if you are ineligible, you cannot participate in sports/plays/whatever else. You can only practice until you've raised your grade.

This is good because it teaches us that you won't earn much by just standing around.

vixen_wolf
11-20-2006, 09:05 PM
your right......who the hell needs it?!

Rageling
11-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I have no real use for it but I don't mind if other's participate. Even though they annoy the living crap out of me.

Knightmare686
11-21-2006, 01:37 PM
I agree.

Also (this is probably already stated), if you're so mad about it why don't you just go and complain to the school staff instead of complaining on an anime forum? School spirit annoys me too, but you don't see me starting threads about it...

okay this is an example of not reding the whole thread. that defines the post and reply issue. i post this thing while i was with the school like i believe 2 years ago, i cant remember. but anyways, now this year, none of the football teams won a game. but i started this thread when the school would reject education trips for clubs and stuff.
i was the president of the computer club (but really it was the gaming club) and i had set out a date for the club to go to e3 or an gaming expo. but they rejected it because they thought they had to pay for it, in fact our club had the most un-used money of the whole school, every week we had clubs and had parties, now they shut down the club and thats not my problem cuz im done with that school last year.

[Boolean]
11-21-2006, 03:54 PM
okay this is an example of not reding the whole thread. that defines the post and reply issue. i post this thing while i was with the school like i believe 2 years ago, i cant remember. but anyways, now this year, none of the football teams won a game. but i started this thread when the school would reject education trips for clubs and stuff.
i was the president of the computer club (but really it was the gaming club) and i had set out a date for the club to go to e3 or an gaming expo. but they rejected it because they thought they had to pay for it, in fact our club had the most un-used money of the whole school, every week we had clubs and had parties, now they shut down the club and thats not my problem cuz im done with that school last year.
Did you ever make a petition? Those work sometimes...

Dropping that subject, I guess I was a little upset too when they had to get rid of some of the elective classes that there were available, but I'm not sure why they had that money shortage...

To be honest...I hate pep rallys...they're a waste of time that could be better spent studying...or at home...or doing something else more productive...

Kazuma-chan
11-22-2006, 06:53 AM
i don't need it casue 'm no longer in school but what i need is college spirit! >_<* simalr to school spirit but more hgiher up the chain lol

Kristen
11-22-2006, 07:01 AM
I hated "school spirit" up until senior year. Before that it's kind of pointless, but as a senior, you're like "YES" mostly just because you get to graduate and LEAVE. Rofl. But yeah, I enjoyed being all spunky and rooting for my school. It was fun and I was really angry that I hadn't done it sooner. Give it a try!

Now COLLEGE, that's fun stuff. >=D

Neo_01010101
12-06-2006, 08:37 PM
well schools are know to be that

Fionn Mac
12-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I always disliked the people who wouldn't cheer or stand up during a pep rally or a game. I never did as a freshman or sophomore, but I realized what I was missing.
It always irked me when someone wear black and red (rival's colors) on our blue and gold days for a pep rally or event. Citing their reason as they didn't conform to school spirit or what people wanted...I believe thats an emo excuse I think or whatever.
I was proud to cheer on my friends as they played their hardest for their school.
So if the non-conformists want stay back and grumble to themselves, I say more power to ya.

Oh and sorry but I hardly think e3 is conducive to an educational environment.
I doubt playing Halo can pass as an educational experience.

Sakura Holic
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM

Uh... I disagree 95&#37;.
If it doesnt go to the sports department, then we wont have any riffles for our school air rifle team. Which I am currently on.
Our school is poor too.. and they consider our school the top schools....
-_-;
bah....

rpgwiz99
01-01-2007, 03:08 AM

man i totally agree with you its the same at my school

jewel2sparkle
01-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I have school spirit in the sense that I love out Varsity guys basketball team and I support them and would cheer my heart out for them any day.

Death's Assistant
01-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Bleh!

School Spirit makes me sick, seems pointless

sasunarubishoujo
01-01-2007, 07:54 PM
me being in marching band and all kinda makes people think i have like the most school spirt next to the football team and cheerleaders while in true life no i do not, nor does most of the rest of the band. But again our school is barely a semester old so ya, spirit is not in our schools top priority yet.

Jagan Eye
01-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I think some school spirit is actually needed, but not when it goes to the point of stupidity (like my school).

Every week we have something to do with our Tigers or Panthers, if its not Orange and Blue Day (school colors) its go to Chick-Fil-A (I think I spelled that wrong) and buy a sandwich, but don't forget to tell them you're from the Parkview district so we can beat Brookwood.

Like on our pep rally, they crowned a Mr. and Ms. School Spirit. The nominees were all popular people who barely seemed spirity all week and then, as it turns out, they asked to be nominated.

Acnologia
01-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Some school is great to cheer the teams up, and just for fun, but theres going too far inwhich it becomes 'gay'
Like over exaggerating everything too much >_<
Unless my school, its just all around retarded

Grim Scythe
01-02-2007, 03:55 AM

quit apologizing if your gonna say that crap then you had better suppoert it

yes schools are ironically dumb
and yes people are too
what just because the majority of high school athletes arnt bright and looking for a future doesnt mean the rest arnt
this is a very ignorant statement youv made
mixed with little fact
and very selfish

Kashi Girl
01-02-2007, 05:33 AM
My school sucks because they have this thing SFA,it means Sucess For All.It's a class that 90 minutes long and thats the time I go to sleep.

bardabe
01-02-2007, 11:54 AM
well i an't really complain about my school. i mean sure school sucks but then money for our school is not an issues since our State testing scores are pretty good. either way its still somewhat anal. we have to walk arround wearing our ID tags kind of like employees, and the dress ode is really strict. other than that it's whatever. never in my 4 years of high school have I gone to a school game, or club meeting. we have an anime club but i can honestly tell you it's pretty gay. i was there ONCE why? because it was full of little fob kids that all they talk about is anime and don;t seem to have more of a social life than well anime (I don;t mean to offend anyone but that is just too much for me) we also got, band, hockey, v-ball, b-ball, tenis, foot ball, dance, swim etc. I guess the main reason idon;t have any school spirit is that all my friends graduated already so its no point on going alone. our money is not going anywhere that it dosen't need to go everithing important was already addressed. oh yeah we also have JROTC but everyone hates them lol Riverside Official Toilet Cleaners. or Retarts On The Campus. ha ha we <3 picking on them.

ShessieIsMine...
01-24-2007, 06:36 PM
OMFG I totally agree. All the popular people are in my homeroom and their so mean... except Cheyenne, she's cool... but I live in the rich part of Englewood, Colorado, so my school isnt that crappy but all these ugly people go there and nerds and serious retards! And everyone's obsessed with the latest thing from Abercrombie and Hollister... who really gives a crap?!

[Boolean]
01-24-2007, 07:28 PM
OMFG I totally agree. All the popular people are in my homeroom and their so mean... except Cheyenne, she's cool... but I live in the rich part of Englewood, Colorado, so my school isnt that crappy but all these ugly people go there and nerds and serious retards! And everyone's obsessed with the latest thing from Abercrombie and Hollister... who really gives a crap?!
I despise Abercrombie for that very reason...that and the obnoxiously loud music.

The highschool pep rallies, put simply, suck at my school...or at least to me and ____. They put wayyy too much emphasis on sports instead of plays and clubs...

Abstract Me
01-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I never had much school spirit, though I guess it depends on my mood. I don't see wrong in cheering for our school, it's just I get tired of it sometimes, especially when we lose every single game.

My school focuses on sports as well, and we're getting our THIRD gym next year. Our first gym, the floor was "too unleveled" for the Derby Dolls, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with the second one, so I don't really know why they're building a third. The football players have gotten new uniforms and helmets, and we're getting Astroturf on the football field. Any other clubs or activities get little or no funding. It gets me a bit peeved.

I don't really like my school because there's huge emphasis on outward appearances instead of learning. That's what makes me irritated the most.

Famahama
01-25-2007, 01:04 AM
My school sucks because every thursday my school has an assembly and not your average assembly.We have to sit on the floor.The bloody assembly hall is so small . All the students (1162 of them) has to sit on the floor . It was soo cramped and because im a little taller than them,i have to sit at the back and get cramped by the students.And this is the best government school in this country!!