PDA

View Full Version : An Observation

Nullpunkt
11-10-2004, 07:33 PM
This is just an observation:

Has anyone besides me noticed how much traffic here has slowed since the removal of the Friendship thread? I realize that the reason it was locked in the first place was incessant spamming, but perhaps there is an alternative course of action? I have a forum of my own, and I am capable of restricting threads to certain users only. Couldn't you just disable permission to the spammers and allow the others use of the thread? I am only making a suggestion... I realize that I have absolutely no control over the situation, but as my mom would say:

"God gave you a mouth, so use it!"

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Rick

Daenerys
11-10-2004, 09:08 PM
I haven't noticed anything besides a bunch of spammers dissapearing.

-Mushrambo-
11-10-2004, 10:03 PM
But it might be a good thing for spammers to leave, since it will clean up the board, right?

____
11-10-2004, 10:17 PM
it may, but if you look closer, you will see a lot more spam has broken out. >.<

Daenerys
11-10-2004, 10:37 PM
No, I haven't noticed any spam. All the morons are gone, and I'm happy.

____
11-10-2004, 10:48 PM
erm..... i wouldn't say all the "morons" as you put it. Oo;

IMO i just see more spam. >.<

think what you wish. >.<

Daenerys
11-10-2004, 10:51 PM
You wouldn't, but also, you aren't a moderator and don't know what we consider spam or not.

I haven't seen any spam aside from newbie spam. Posts belonging in other forums. Not a single offtopic post like we used to have.

____
11-10-2004, 11:00 PM
-sighs- i've been a mod/admin on other forums and i have a pretty good idea. but you do moderate part(s) of the forum so nvm then.

Ollie
11-10-2004, 11:52 PM
actually, I am EXTREMELY relieved this place has died down a little x_x I was fearing it would become some horrible Gaia-esque forum, with a section just for spammers who want gold >.<

that and I don't have to go back 3 pages for a topic I posted the night before to check for replies....-_-;;

Daenerys
11-10-2004, 11:54 PM
I'm also glad it's not spam infested. I was afraid when we first got the rupee thing that it'd be like Gaia, but honestly, it's better than Gaia, because... OMG~! Money isn't hard to earn.

Nullpunkt
11-12-2004, 09:45 AM
actually, I am EXTREMELY relieved this place has died down a little x_x I was fearing it would become some horrible Gaia-esque forum, with a section just for spammers who want gold >.<

There is a simple solution to that... set the Friendship thread so that posts made there do not count. As to spam levels dropping, that is a fact, to be sure... but there are still spammers here. Ai, I can't believe you would say that they've all gone. While not mentioning any names, I can say that at least one moderator and several members have been making OT remarks and posting nonsense. Is that not spam?

Rick

Zedekiah
11-12-2004, 12:02 PM
If we were to compare it to the massive rape within the Friendship thread. No, it's not.
So just get over it already.

And I already suggested the No-rupee nor post count thingy, it didn't go through.

Daenerys
11-12-2004, 03:55 PM
We have the rupee post count thing in Testing and Chii's forum, where most of the spam takes place.

And I'm going to start ignoring you Rick, your posts are starting to lack any significant form of intelligence, and I don't feel like arguing with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Facts are facts. Just because some people left doesn't mean we're going to let a NEW batch of people spam and mess it all up like the last group went.

Mecha-Griever
11-13-2004, 09:04 PM
That was a little mean Ai-sama, he was just expressing his opinion. Don't insult his intelligence like that as he wasn't so petty as to do the same to you. Whilst I may not have liked the thread here much, he is by no means lacking in intelligence just because he misses the thread and the friends he had there.

M~G

____
11-13-2004, 09:16 PM
We have the rupee post count thing in Testing and Chii's forum, where most of the spam takes place.

And I'm going to start ignoring you Rick, your posts are starting to lack any significant form of intelligence, and I don't feel like arguing with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Facts are facts. Just because some people left doesn't mean we're going to let a NEW batch of people spam and mess it all up like the last group went.

Ai, that was a bit harsh.........Oo; could you not bash him.....?

Daenerys
11-14-2004, 04:40 AM
Yes, let's all gang up on Ai, because She was just ganged up on by Rick, and was SICK AND TIRED of him insulting her. That is ALL I get from Rick.

On this site. On AW. In PM's. EVERYWHERE. I'm sorry if I'm not taking anyone's crap anymore. You insult me, you argue with me and tell me my opinions pretty much don't matter because I'm a moderator and not a user, and I am GOING to call you a moron and tell you what's what.

I am personally sick of you Mecha, you were a terrible moderator here, and you continue to be a terrible one at AW. You lie, you're a hyprocrite, and you're a ROTTEN FRIEND.

And _____ don't even GET me started on you, because you have done nothing but spam the hell out of Site Issues on AG.net, and I am seriously so sick of you.

Zedekiah
11-14-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm all for Ai.

But this is getting out of hand. Even if what Ai said is true about the both of you, it will only lead to another flame war.

And that's not what I want in my forum.

Clos'd cas'd.