PDA

View Full Version : Magic Knight Rayearth

AnimePixie
05-06-2004, 01:59 PM
:( Why can't there be another series? Why does it have to end the way it did? Its so depressing. :( I want another series!!!! :( It can't end like that! *crys* wahh!!!! Its sooo ssad!!! :( Okay, so would there be other series maybe in japan? :huh:

[Boolean]
05-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Another series? How did it end? There is a rayearth numeral ll (dose, or two :D ), I already have the first of the 2nd series and it's in america! :angry:

Sweet_Angel
05-06-2004, 02:59 PM
I almost finished ReyearthII. Are you talking about the firts season ending?? :o

Die Tod von Euch
05-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Um.....maybe I've gone insane, but should this not be in another section?... Like...oh...say...the Magical Girls Anime & Manga section, perhaps?... *looks around*

wizz-o-matic
05-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by the death of you@May 6 2004, 10:46 PM
Um.....maybe I've gone insane, but should this not be in another section?... Like...oh...say...the Magical Girls Anime & Manga section, perhaps?... *looks around*
Yep, u are right.

Anyway, the ending didn't look so sad in my opinion.

Fabala
05-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Eh, I think it ended in the only way it could, you know? They could have made it happy and could have made it sad, but chose to leave it at semi-satisying.

Now the end of the first season...now THAT was sad..

Sohma-chan
05-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Yeah Reiako the first season was sad.
The second season ending could have been better, <center><table size=50% border=1 bgcolor=black cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3><tr><td><font color=white size=1>Spoiler:</font><font size=1>(select below, to read)</font></td></tr><tr><td><font color=black>I mean Hikru and Lantis confess there love but nothing happens because Hikru has to go back to her world. Eagle dying to me was the saddest part, come on he was the cutest character to me</font></td></tr></table></center>. The manga is much better at least they come back to Cephiro and Rayerth ova that was just plain dumb.

Fabala
05-07-2004, 01:17 AM
I adored Eagle ^^ He and Emeraude were probably my top favorites in the series.

Do us a favor and use the spoiler tag, or at the very least warn people that you&#39;re spoiling something. Most people don&#39;t like to know the ending before seeing something ;p Thank you.

AnimePixie
05-11-2004, 10:23 AM
I totally agree with you Sohma-chan and that&#39;s basically what I was referring to I just didn&#39;t want to post what happened and spoil it for other people. :D :^_^: But it is a great series and everyone should see it. Even if the ending was sad and seemingly incomplete. :blink: :<_<: :D :^_^:

Fabala
11-07-2004, 05:13 PM
I decided to delete the other MKR thread as it was fairly run-through with spam and off-topic posts.

Anyway, I adore this show. The ending of both the first and second seasons are two of my top favorite endings, the characters grow and develop with the series (always a plus ^_~), the music is superb, and the seiyuus rock (I'm heavily biased of course...*coughcough* Ogata *cough*). What's not to like?

Saint Mana
11-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Rayearth was the first CLAMP series I ever say. It is most excellent though I have yet to see the second season of Rayearth in it's entirety. I have only seen the first four episodes of Season Two.

Dark_Misery
11-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I like it...Umi is the coolest one in there...

Moon Blade
12-01-2004, 05:26 AM
I love Rayearth. I have seen and now own both anime seasons. I must plug CLAMP's manga though. The first seasons are pretty much the same, but the stories diverge completely in MKR II. The manga also has a more complete ending than the anime. If you were saddend by how the anime ended, read the manga.

Eternal Serena
12-04-2004, 05:21 AM
The ending for the first series I would never ever consider an ending. That just sucked. So then I had to wait to get the second season >.< The ending to the second season was ok. It really blew that Hikaru and Lantis were totally meant to be but they left. I really need to finish the mangas. I've read the first three, next is the second part. -.-

Fabala
12-04-2004, 12:05 PM
You think? o.O I found the Emeraude-twist-ending to be among my top favorite anime endings. It was just so...brutally sad. Heart-wrenching. And I'm not typically one to say that.

Ami~chan
12-06-2004, 01:59 PM
I love this show. I used to look so much like Fuu it was eerie.
Now I look so much like Ami from SM its creepy...
Mokona is the best part of the show! Chibi Clef is the CUTEST!!!

yukina18
12-09-2004, 08:57 AM
when does this show come on? i always miss it.

Moon Blade
12-09-2004, 09:04 PM
To the best of my knowledge, MK Rayearth does not air on TV. It is only availible on DVD.

_CTA_
12-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Its clamp right?

Moon Blade
12-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Its clamp right?
You are correct.

yukina18
12-10-2004, 12:12 PM
may i ask what this show or manga is about?

Fabala
12-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Very basically it's about 3 girls from completely different backgrounds who happen to all be in the same place at the same time, and are thus summoned to Cefiro- an alternate world. There they're forced to take on missions they don't quite understand, and work with each other as a team, all for the sake of saving Cefiro and it's pillar- Princess Emeraude.

I don't want to say more for fear of spoilers, but it IS good, and addictive as heck.

yukina18
12-10-2004, 06:58 PM
ok that sounds intresting

Energy Goddess
01-06-2005, 10:25 AM
I like this series. However. I have only seen the first 12 and the first 2 manga's.

Moon Blade
01-15-2005, 05:23 PM
I like this series. However. I have only seen the first 12 and the first 2 manga's.If you don't already know the ending to part one of MKR, I strongly recomend either seeing the next 8 episodes or getting the next manga volume!

__SnipeR__
01-16-2005, 04:17 AM
i like the blue dragon one

Moon Blade
01-16-2005, 05:20 AM
i like the blue dragon one
I assume you mean Umi and her Rune God Selece (sp?). My fav is dear Fuu.

Jishu
01-16-2005, 10:05 AM
I like Fuu too!!! Persia and Princess Emeraude....not sure with the spelling ^_^

Yamcha
01-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Eagle Vision is the man, along with Geo Metro

Zack2
01-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah i would like to know when it is on because i always miss it too

Fabala
01-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Just for some worshiping time...and because they were both mentioned above...

Did you know that Princess Emeraude and Eagle Vision are voiced by the very same extremely talented Japanese woman? XD Who's impressed? Who's more impressed to learn she is also behind the popular Sailor Uranus of Sailor Moon and well-known Shinji of Evangelion?

*gloat, worship, adore* ...Ogata Megumi

Zack2
01-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Well i didn't know that they were both voiced by the same person

Moon Blade
01-16-2005, 09:55 PM

Did you know that Princess Emeraude and Eagle Vision are voiced by the very same extremely talented Japanese woman? XD Who's impressed? Who's more impressed to learn she is also behind the popular Sailor Uranus of Sailor Moon and well-known Shinji of Evangelion?

*gloat, worship, adore* ...Ogata Megumi
:eek:

I had no idea..very cool! I must admit, I have only watched MKR 2 dubbed (blashpamy, I know), so I had no idea Eagle was voiced by a girl (He has a male actor in English). I do love the Japanese versions of both Sailor Moon and Evangelion, which makes it so cool that she is in them all (and sounds so different in each role!).

For those who like English voice actors, Emeraude and Umi are both voiced by Wendee Lee, who has been in over 150 anime and video games! Some of her work includes:

Robotech (Vanessa), Akira (Kei), Crying Freeman (Emu), Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (voice of Scorpina), Ninja Scroll (Kagero), Tenchi in Tokyo/Tenchi Movies 2 and 3 (Kiyone), Perfect Blue (Rumi), Fushigi Yugi (Yui), Cowboy Bebop (Faye Valentine), Outlaw Star (Twilight Suzuka), Digimon (Young TK), Big O (Patricia 'Angel' Lovejoy), Rurouni Kenshin (Yumi Komagata), Love Hina (Kaolla Su), X (TV) (Karen Kasumi), Xenosaga 1 (Mary Godwin), .hack (BlackRose), Witch Hunter Robin (Miho Karasuma), Tenchi Muyo GXP (Kiriko), Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (Nel Zelpher), and Megas XLR (Kiva).

Fabala
01-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Oh you must hear Eagle in his true Japanese form XD You have not lived until you have heard him (her- Ogata) utter, "FTO...Go!"

Jishu
01-16-2005, 11:32 PM
dang! I've only watched the MKR OVA in japanese. Emeraude and Eagle wasn't a part of it so I never heard their voice in japanese.

Saskilas
01-18-2005, 12:25 AM

*gloat, worship, adore* ...Ogata Megumi You're kidding me! That is so awesome. I have always loved the Sailor Moon series and have watched them for many years. But when I watched MKR, I had no idea that Emeraude was done by Ms. Megumi... Let alone Eagle Vision! I am extremely impressed. o.o

animeseishi
01-19-2005, 04:37 AM
i like umi best too..

Saskilas
01-19-2005, 07:57 PM
By the way, Umi, Presea, and Ascot are my favorite characters. ^_^

飛竜
01-20-2005, 03:35 AM
I do like Zagato and Lantis there were my most fave male characters. Female, maybe Hikaru.:rolleyes:

Nami_Natsumi
01-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Ray Earth is an amazing manga, unfortunatly Ive only gone to #@ but I've already ordred #3!!! Umi is my hero! I luv water peoples!! And hikaru reminds me of me! Or at least that's what my friends say!:D :laugh:

Yamcha
01-25-2005, 04:08 PM
mmmm...Eagle vision and Geo metro...da best characters.... Its been awhile though since I've last watched it.

Nami_Natsumi
01-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Does anyone wanna talk to me......or is it just me or am I bein ignored..:( .Anyhooooo I wuv Selece!! He's the coolest Dragon Ive ever seen, and is probably the coolest mashin in the whole manga!:laugh:

My sister is here and wants to say she's made up her own little super girl and her name is Black cat, or theif I guess.:ninja: It's preety cool if I do say so myself....hee.

Fabala
01-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Locking this temporarily so I can clear the spam out after work. I don't want to see any more or I'll give out a warning, okay?

Edit: Re-opened, and spam posts cleared. Please keep in mind in this forum and all others that this is a message board, not a chatroom. Responses are often not instantaneous, and should have some substance.

Thank you.

Jagan Eye
02-16-2005, 06:40 PM
huhhhh reayerth doesnt need anymore. i like ferio but not the series

Moon Blade
02-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Fun MKR Fact!

For any of you who like the dub of Rayearth, all three girl's voices appear in the dub of Chobits. It is amusing, as if you close your eyes, you can see MKR's girls talkign in Chobits.

Lilyangel
02-24-2005, 05:08 PM
wow..i didnt know tat..did u know taht they made a game about MKR?...

Moon Blade
02-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I have heard of the MKR game. An RPG, if I remember. I would love to play it, though it was only in Japan.

Lilyangel
02-24-2005, 06:19 PM
no it wasnt...i actually have the game n im not from japan..

Moon Blade
02-24-2005, 11:47 PM
no it wasnt...i actually have the game n im not from japan..
Is it in English? If so, what is the title and what platform?

If it's not in English, it's simply an import and not technically for the states.

Kiddy's model
02-28-2005, 08:14 AM
WELL; I ENJOYED IT ALOT I GOT BOTH SEASON 1 AND SEASON 2 BOOKS AND DVDS!!!!
i CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM. BUT I AM SURE OF SOMETHING YOU NEED TO SEE THEM THEY ARE TO AMAZING, I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!

Lilyangel
02-28-2005, 05:33 PM
icic...sumtimes i play it on mai comp though...itz really cool...n it is rpg..

Sexy Angel
04-20-2005, 08:18 AM
i'm also not satisfied with the ending of MKR..*sobs* I WANT MORE!!~ Could just somebody continue it..pleassseee~

Fabala
04-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Eh, I thought it ended exactly the way it had to end. Isn't necessarily satisfying, but any other ending wouldn't be right for the story, or the characters.

Honestly, if they continued it, it would all go downhill. There's only so long an anime can go without starting the dreaded decline. It ended just before that, I think.

wizz-o-matic
04-20-2005, 10:23 AM
*agrees with Reiako*
Any continuing of the series would ruin it <_<

Havana
04-20-2005, 06:34 PM
I've only read five volumes of the manga, and it's really good, mokona ir really cute. The character i liked most was Hikaru(sp?) the red haired girl. The least was the girl with the blue hair.

Death Warrior
04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Is it an ok anime i have never seen, it looks good i have a couple pics of it looks really good.

Raichen
05-31-2005, 09:12 PM
I've only read the manga but I love it!! ^.^ Lantis rox! THIS IS A MESSAGE TO THE WORLD!!!!!!: LANTIS AND ALL HIS FOINOFOLISHOUSNESS IS MINE!!!! M-I-N-E!!!!!!!!!!! Anywayzzz, it's a really cool manga and I recommend it to all people who love girl power!

Fire-Drake
02-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Hi yah,

I never saw Clef and Umi :love: as a couple but Fuu and Ferio :love: make a great pair. But a three of them get together with someone Lantis and Hikaru make a bit of an odd couple :love: oh well you never know.
Dragon Girl OUT
[Fire-Drake]

Chubakii
02-14-2006, 02:37 AM
well, i finished the whole series already.. but it was a very long time ago, like 6 years! so i'm trying to recall as hard as i can!

i think there was a love triangle between Lantis, Hikaru and the leader of the other planet (remember the time they had the battle between the invaders after arriving back in Cephiro... yeah.. he was the guy)

and i think i saw mokona transforming to a human in a special episode.
and, can you please tell me the name of the new pillar of cephiro? i kinda forgot!

Fire-Drake
02-14-2006, 11:33 PM
That's an easy one it's Ferio because he was Emerude's Brother Try searching for pictures on google or yahoo you find some really cool stuff
if it's something i know i'm here to help.
:D

Chubakii
02-15-2006, 06:55 AM
i know what ferio looks like! he isn't the guy! he's a prince from another planet aside from cephiro, planet "a" it start with it. and besides, ferio is already Fuu's

Fabala
02-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Um...no. Ferio is from Cephiro all right. You're probably thinking of Eagle from Autozam.

Chubakii
02-16-2006, 02:36 AM
yup! that's him! i wasn't referring to ferio at the time in my last post... i was referring to eagle! of course i know that ferio is the only brother of emeraude hime, and is a prince and citizen of Cephiro who is in love with fuu

Sailor Chibimoon
03-01-2006, 05:17 PM
I think the ending was sad, but there really wouldn't have been a better ending for it, ya know? I haven't really watched the second season of Rayearth so I can't really say what I think about that. I do like Emeraude and Zagato the best though :3

http://pink-sugar.angelic-moon.com/banner.jpg

animekid1212
03-12-2006, 04:12 PM
i really do like nova but my fav character would have to be eagle

i have a question u know how cleff said he would help ottozam then how would they if hikaru left the will to the people of cephiro

Fabala
03-12-2006, 06:23 PM
For those watching the Japanese version...Eagle and Emeraude are voiced by the same talented voice actress ^_^ Very talented. Between the two of them we have two pretty awesome endings...Emeraude especially (and it was nice to get more backstory to her in the second season).

Its been a while since I've seen it, but I was left under the impression that even left to the will of the people, someone like Clef would give guidance in how to treat Cephiro. Not everyone would have the wisdom he had.

Karel
03-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Um.....maybe I've gone insane, but should this not be in another section?... Like...oh...say...the Magical Girls Anime & Manga section, perhaps?... *looks around*Muffy cake, geez I can just imagine that blank look

anyways this is one of those rare animes alot of people don't know of.. or even bother to get since it's unavailable in most places.

But what ever, I haven't heard much about having a series extend on this anime.. who knows.. japan has lots of secrets.